Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP (40809 Views)

Amaechi Has Vandalised Rivers State Government House - Wike / Amaechi Has Lost Decorum, Says Presidency / Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Didi8: 3:11pm On May 27, 2013
Nairalanders don't seem to understand that Amaechi is not really popular in his home state. He is not even loved in his village, Ubima. In the past he had ordered that youths of Ubima be beaten up when they visited the government house to ask for democracy dividends for their village. This actually happened. A journalist friend who covered the event was also assaulted by security agents for taking 'offending pictures'. There are so many other wrong acts he has committed in Rivers State. The most glaring is the economic sabotage of the state through the monorail project for which he has borrowed N250bn in bonds to complete. Again he insults Rivers elders and youths at every given opportunity. Rivers people cannot take it anymore. Thats the cause of everything happening to him. I am not sure he can survive it. Am not sure he can fight he village people, the state indigenes, the state PDP, the Jonah Jang faction of NGF, the PDP national working committee and the president of the federal republic at the same time and survive. On the contrary the characters in the presidency will just be laughing at his brand of politics. They know he cannot make it. People who understand real politics will be laughing at him secretly. People who don't understand will be clapping for him until he goes into political extinction. In the past people hailed Ibori, calling him 'Ogidigborigbo' until landed in British prison. I am watching the drama of 2015 musical chairs from the sidelines. Nairalanders will remember me and my prophecy one day.

11 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by mfm04622: 3:11pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

He is engaging himself with anti-party activities. He was suspended by a petition from Rivers state PDP, not petition from presidency. Please go back and read again. It is funny that most of the people shouting Amaechi are ACN and Yorubas. Leave SS politics alone. grin grin grin
And who controls the PDP in Rivers? Jonathan's faction was recently installed as the authentic faction by a court order. So whatever the Rivers State PDP does, we know who gave the order

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by OdionOdion: 3:11pm On May 27, 2013
The disadvantage of a sitting Governor fighting sitting President are so many and below are historical antecedence: In 1982 late Prof. Ambrose Fuluso Ali of defunt Bendel State( of Unity Party of Nigeria UPN) fought President Shehu Aliu Shagari of National Party of Nigeria NPN; Bendel state Allocation was seized by FG under Shagari,and Ambrose Ali was unable to pay workers salaries and was later arrested and detained for many years by the military govt of Buhari. In 2005 Tinubu took it against OBJ;Lagos allocation was seized by FG. Can Rivers state under Amaechi playing opposition politics against PDP led FG survived,only TIME will TELL
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by thelastpope10: 3:11pm On May 27, 2013
Symphony007: oshimole kicked PDP out of edo, watch out for part 2. Rivers style!!

Wrong! Ask anybody from Edo state. PDP lost Edo state because of lucky! You know nothing about Edo state politics.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 27, 2013
madam_oringo:

How can sane, normal people reason like this? 'Obey the president'?? How? There is nothing of such in the Nigerian constitution, a Federal constitution at that - go educate yourself. It seems the current generation of Nigerians have known only suffering and falling over themselves for anyone who is a politician. The president is there at the instance of the people and MUST do what the people want but in your world, it is the other way round. More suffering to people who reason like you!

Oringo gbukwa gi dia. Assuming you're a general manager or regional director in a bank or any large organisation, take advantage of your 'right' to be ambitious and make it known to your CEO that you are interested in booting him out of office and taking over his position or sabotaging his administration, and then see what happens to you afterwards.

Some of you like to wallow in foolishness and self-deceit in the name of espousing the tenets of 'democracy' - without paying any attention to context.

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by mbhs139(m): 3:12pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

Amaechi was not suspended because of NGF! Where did you get that from?

Ho! So, why was he suspended? Please enlighten me o! It seems I'm at the wrong place o! Anyone to correct me? The quote above said Rotimi (omo aunty mi) was not suspended because of NGF election.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 27, 2013
[quote
author=berem]How is this crap you wrote connected to the question i
asked you? I ask again, why did PDP wait for this long to suspend
Amaechi for sacking a local government chairman in his state? answer me
or else..... [/quote]

that is the most intelligent question asked on this thread. besides was it amaechi or the state house of assembly that suspended the chairman
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Afam4eva(m): 3:12pm On May 27, 2013
Symphony007: oshimole kicked PDP out of edo, watch out for part 2. Rivers style!!
Was Oshiomole in PDP? You have comprehension deficiency.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 27, 2013
Afam4eva: For those of you that are saying that PDP will lose rivers state because of Amaechi have to realize that PDP predates Amaechi and will be there after he's gone. One man cannot kill a party especially when he was not the one that popularized that party in a particular place.
Sorry how did it happen in edo state
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by oyekunle1: 3:13pm On May 27, 2013
kenny1911: I PITY MY PRESIDENT FOR ALL THESE INSULTS:
BOKO HARAM IS BLAMED ON GEJ
CRISIS IN PDP IS BLAMED ON GEJ
CRISIS IN OPPOSITION PARTIES IS BLAMED ON GEJ
OIL SUBSIDY SCAM IS BLAMED ON GEJ
AMAECHI ANTI-PARTY ACTIVITIES IS BLAMED ON GEJ
NOT CELEBRATING DEMOCRACY DAY IS BLAMED ON GEJ
CELEBRATING DEMOCRACY DAY IS BLAMED ON GEJ
OBAMA NOT VISITING NIGERIA IS BLAMED ON GEJ
MILITANCY IS BLAMED ON GEJ
KIDNAPPING IS BLAMED ON GEJ
TIMIPRE SYLVA IN EFCC NET IS BLAMED ON GEJ
GEJ KEEPING QUIET ON NATIONAL ISSUES IS BLAMED ON GEJ
RESPONDING TO NATIONAL ISSUES IS BLAMED ON GEJ

[size=16pt]THIS GEJ MUST BE A VERY POWERFUL PERSON TO BE CONTROLLING ALL THESE. I WISH I HAVE SUCH POWERS.[/size]

WE THE ORDINARY NIGERIANS ARE NOT TO BLAME IN ALL THESE.
MTCHEEEEEEEEEE...............
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Bensonite: 3:13pm On May 27, 2013
kenny1911:

Your claim is laughable. i'm not sure you are from rivers state.

Kenny 1911,
In as much as I dislike Amaechi due to attitude, his claim of Celestine Omehia supporters beating police men on 2011 election did happened. Infact the TUC chairman corroborated it by his own experience on election monitoring on air that day. I am sure you will also not argue that Omehia has a mansion built by JB for him at GRA. Back to topic on Amaechi suspension.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Mekanze: 3:14pm On May 27, 2013
mikeansy: dumb move!

PDP is shooting herself in the foot!

Amaechi should immediately announce to join another party!

Am pretty sure the less Governors PDP have within its fold the less powerful they are
O boy is like u are still a baby in Nigeria type of politics , d next line of action is to impeach him.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Afam4eva(m): 3:14pm On May 27, 2013
Obiagelli:
Sorry how did it happen in edo state
Was Oshiomole in PDP? Read my post again.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by mekaboy(m): 3:15pm On May 27, 2013
A-ZeD:

Bros please stop using analogies in your post...
Do you guys vote for head of house in your family?

In the context of political parties in Nigeria, if a party produces a president he automatically becomes the father of that party. You can't be challenging your father and expect your fellow siblings to stand and watch.

It is still the father that protects them. Watch all the governors that have gone to prison in Nigeria, its mostly because of disobedience.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 27, 2013
Mekanze: O boy is like u are still a baby in Nigeria type of politics , d next line of action is to impeach him.

I am sorry you are so stock in yesteryears!!!!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by jmaine: 3:15pm On May 27, 2013

As much as i don't fancy this mudslinging game between Amaechi whom i like so much and my main man Bros Jona . . . Amaechi can't muscle or wrest power away from the PDP in Rivers State

The guy power no reach abeg . . .If na person like Babangida Aliyu of Niger State . .I go reason with you . . .
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Benaig(m): 3:15pm On May 27, 2013
[s]Face it...with just a little campaigning by Rochas and Ameachi, the Igbo vote will start to break in two.[/quote][/s]

APC that is not prepared to consider merit but field a NORTHERNER at all costs will get the votes of IGBO "with just a little campaigning by Rochas and Amaechi"?
Pipe dream to think APC will field Amaechi as VP to HAUSA/FULANI where yoruba are.

If APC wants to consider merit, give presidential ticket to FASHOLA or ROCHAS lets take it from there.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Abagworo(m): 3:15pm On May 27, 2013
texaco1: now he is free to join acn or apga or any party he wishes.
ameachi started for himself a war he couldnt finish

State how he started it. Amaechi complained about East/West road and Orubebe's incompetence. What else?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Reyspin(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2013
Jonathan/PDP this Bone no Good ooo.. On hin Birthday u give am d special Sylva Treatment... Remember say God and Nigerians sef get d Obasanjo/Abacha Treatment for you and ur Fa mily too.... Gov. Amaechi learn from others and strategise to defeat this Enemy... Rememba those §who have lost this battle b4 ; Ngige, Ladoja, Silva etc.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 27, 2013
OdionOdion: The disadvantage of a sitting Governor fighting sitting President are so many and below historical examples: In 1982 late Prof. Ambrose Fuluso Ali of defunt Bendel State( of Unity Party of Nigeria UPN) fought President Shehu Aliu Shagari of National Party of Nigeria NPN; Bendel state Allocation was seized by FG under Shagari,and Ambrose Ali was unable to pay workers salaries and was later was arrested detained for many years by the military govt of Buhari. In 2005 Tinubu took it against OBJ;Lagos allocation was seized by FG. Can Rivers state Amaechi playing opposition politics against PDP led FG survived,only TIME will TELL
Backward argument, so everyone should worship the president
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Tommmy(m): 3:18pm On May 27, 2013
Frank-C:

Amaechi has always gotten sympathy and profound support from ACN/CPC folks even here on nairaland. Nothing really changed. Amaechi has never been more popular than GEJ in Rivers State and will never be. He has just made the remaining part of his regime unnecessarily more difficult. He will be terribly distracted and frustrated. Forces will realign in Rivers State. Even some of his commissioners don't have the liver to fight this battle. He will have to reshuffle his cabinet and be more cautious of his friends, something that he never planned for this time.
Well said!

You don't poke your fingers into the eyes of a sitting President who happen to belong to the same political party with you as well as your party hierarchy and expect to go unscathed. It is pure foolishness.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

Wrong! Ask anybody from Edo state. PDP lost Edo state because of lucky! You know nothing about Edo state politics.
And pdp lost to uzoh kalu in abia because of......... ?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

You are trying to ignore my question bah? you are now discussing Adams Oshiomole when we haven't finished with Amaechi 's suspension. For the last time, answer my gaddem question since you are now nairaland 's Reuben Abati!!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Surjman: 3:20pm On May 27, 2013
texaco1:
u still dont get it.this will make pdp stronger.it is now all pdp govs will sit tight.the president has a lot to offer.he can decide state primaries as we all saw obj did when he was the president ,he can influence things after the election in favour of anyone he wishes.none of all these pdp govs will jeopadise all that benefits because of u and me .they will rather follow the president than go against him.
ameachi chose the wrong time to dare Mr President to a duel
...one tin u shud also remember is dat,dis is d second tenure for most of d pdp governors.they had dia first tenure with late yaradua.it was bcus of the 2nd tenure ambition dat made d northern governors voted GEJ.jona is in big trouble my friend comes 2015 election.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 27, 2013
Larryfly:

that is the most intelligent question asked on this thread. besides was it amaechi or the state house of assembly that suspended the chairman

Permit me to answer your 'intelligent' question with another (3-in1) question:

Was it Jonathan that suspended Amaechi from the PDP or was it the PDP's NWC? In fact, is it Jonathan that is challenging Amaechi's so-called 'victory' at the NGF chairmanship elections, or it is a cross section of NGF members themselves? Indeed, is there any evidence linking Jonathan directly to Amaechi's self-inflicted woes so far?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by IGBOSON1: 3:21pm On May 27, 2013
BOA®:
Afam...why are you directing us from one thread to another on this topic?

@Topic.

Just like GEJ took advantage of been an underdog in the run up to the 2011 elections...I hope Ameachi too can successfully use the strategy of an underdog been hunt down by a bully....

Nigerians generally like supporting the one they feel is been oppressed by a bully.

^^^At bolded: which Nigerians? .....is it the same Nigerians that stood by while a whole ethnicity were butchered and almost wiped off the face of the earth? undecided; abeg make we hia word!

All this is politics, and Amaechi is now free to join his kindred spirits in APC since he's so over-ambitious that he can't toe the party line........and good riddance!

Et tu, Brute!? shocked
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by rudee007(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2013
eagle,eye:

just a reminder,
Amechi controls a FINANCIAL WAR CHEST.

Just another reminder, so did Timipre Silva. Where is he now? The last time I checked he was hiding in his wardrobe.
You just don't mess with the powers that be!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by thelastpope10: 3:22pm On May 27, 2013
berem: You are trying to ignore my question bah? you are now discussing Adams Oshiomole when we haven't finished with Amaechi 's suspension. For the last time, answer my gaddem question since you are now nairaland 's Reuben Abati!!

Whats your question? I have lost you there.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by chronique(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2013
It's unfortunate how a lot of pple who do not live in Rivers state,are supporting Amaechi even when they do not have a clue about what goes on there. I do not live in Rivers but from information and documents I was opportuned to have about the way Amaechi rules Rivers,it's obvious he has issues with his people. We were suppose to conduct an interview but couldn't for fear of security of lives of crew members as we weren't guaranteed any form of protection by our would be hosts. Some of them were locked up unjustly and reasons for this was the battle between Amaechi and Omehia. I salute the youths of that community but it's just unfortunate we couldn't help them.

Reason I'm saying this is that,only the indigenes of Rivers can speak on this matter. Everyother person who's not from that zone or doesn't live there should refrain from talking crap here.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by OdionOdion: 3:23pm On May 27, 2013
mbhs139:

Ho! So, why was he suspended? Please enlighten me o! It seems I'm at the wrong place o! Anyone to correct me? The quote above said Rotimi (omo aunty mi) was not suspended because of NGF election.
please be patient to read the Signed communique by Olisa Metu:Aaechi suspended because anti party activities arising from his failure to recall Obio/Apkor suspended 17 councillors and Chairman
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
Was Oshiomole in PDP? Read my post again.
How about Ouk in abia
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by kenny1911: 3:23pm On May 27, 2013
Didi_8: Nairalanders don't seem to understand that Amaechi is not really popular in his home state. He is not even loved in his village, Ubima. In the past he had ordered that youths of Ubima be beaten up when they visited the government house to ask for democracy dividends for their village. This actually happened. A journalist friend who covered the event was also assaulted by security agents for taking 'offending pictures'. There are so many other wrong acts he has committed in Rivers State. The most glaring is the economic sabotage of the state through the monorail project for which he has borrowed N250bn in bonds to complete. Again he insults Rivers elders and youths at every given opportunity. Rivers people cannot take it anymore. Thats the cause of everything happening to him. I am not sure he can survive it. Am not sure he can fight he village people, the state indigenes, the state PDP, the Jonah Jang faction of NGF, the PDP national working committee and the president of the federal republic at the same time and survive. On the contrary the characters in the presidency will just be laughing at his brand of politics. They know he cannot make it. People who understand real politics will be laughing at him secretly. People who don't understand will be clapping for him until he goes into political extinction. In the past people hailed Ibori, calling him 'Ogidigborigbo' until landed in British prison. I am watching the drama of 2015 musical chairs from the sidelines. Nairalanders will remember me and my prophecy one day.

True Rivers man here talking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Insecurity: Northern Groups Plan Mass Protests In 19 States Thursday / Protesters Storm Usa Embassy In Abuja,ask Them Not To Give Atiku Visa(photos) / Meet Chinenye Ochuba Akinlade: Wife Of Akinlade Abdulkabir Adekunle Of Ogun APM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.