Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,456 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

What Does God Do Exactly ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Do Exactly ? (3058 Views)

If Jesus Is Called The Son Of God, Do You Think That Makes Him God? / Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties / What Did God Do For You In 2009? Share Your Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by okeyxyz(m): 2:05pm On May 30, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:
Or you can say, "I will believe when I see proof"

So you do have an opinion then?? based on evidence... It is through opinions that you evaluate propositions and decide to agree or disagree...
But to say you don't have an opinion is nonsense. Stop defending nonsense.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 30, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Yes. It doesn't prove Oduduwa or Ra. It just proves earth. If you find that funny, you need to go back to school.

Please somebody help me know what is wrong with christians' brains.

Total waste of time man...

One who thinks making claims is the same as making logical arguments really is the height...

Guy enjoy o make I find someone else play with...
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:05pm On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

classic atheist... when in a pickle, just insult the intelligence of your opponent.

Which intelligence? Do you even know the meaning of the word?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:08pm On May 30, 2013
okeyxyz:

So you do have an opinion then?? based on evidence... It is through opinions that you evaluate propositions and decide to agree or disagree...
But to say you don't have an opinion is nonsense. Stop defending nonsense.

It is somebody that is not boxed into a doctrine of "having an opinion" on everything. Sometimes we don't know and we say we don't know. Sometimes it doesn't make sense and we say it doesn't make sense. Sometimes we have absolutely no opinion and we say we have no opinion. Don't expect us to have one just because you do.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:09pm On May 30, 2013
striktlymi:

Total waste of time man...

One who thinks making claims is the same as making logical arguments really is the height...

Guy enjoy o make I find someone else play with...

I thought I have found a brave one but thay are all the same. Soldier of christ running away once again.

Earth proves god. Don't make me laugh.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by okeyxyz(m): 2:21pm On May 30, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:
It is somebody that is not boxed into a doctrine of "having an opinion" on everything. Sometimes we don't know and we say we don't know. Sometimes it doesn't make sense and we say it doesn't make sense. Sometimes we have absolutely no opinion and we say we have no opinion. Don't expect us to have one just because you do.

OMG!!! You just keep going in circles...
I assume you at least went to some college or post-secondary school, No?? If you don't know the answer to a matter then there must be a basis for you arriving at that conclusion that you don't know. Or do you just assume that you don't know Then the basis of reaching your conclusion is your opinion. Every sentient being has opinions(whether right or wrong) and they act according to it, Just as you choose to be an atheist has a reason...
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:31pm On May 30, 2013
okeyxyz:

OMG!!! You just keep going in circles...
I assume you at least went to some college or post-secondary school, No?? If you don't know the answer to a matter then there must be a basis for you arriving at that conclusion that you don't know. Or do you just assume that you don't know Then the basis of reaching your conclusion is your opinion. Every sentient being has opinions(whether right or wrong) and they act according to it, Just as you choose to be an atheist has a reason...

Let me deal with your last sentence as the previous ones make no sense.

I did not choose to be an atheist. I was born an atheist.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

If you believe the above hubris then i have a bridge to sell to you.

Yeah, I have a tower too in Paris. Lol.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by okeyxyz(m): 2:52pm On May 30, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:
Let me deal with your last sentence as the previous ones make no sense.

I did not choose to be an atheist. I was born an atheist.

^^^^ grin grin grin
Mehn!! your arguments keep getting worse and worse..., See: I was born a catholic but I chose to leave the catholic doctrine when it stopped making sense to me. A lot of adults who were born christians have chosen to remain christians. A lot of atheist today were born christians but chose to leave and become atheists.

But for You, an adult(I assume), to still attribute(or blame) your atheism to your parents is just pitiful(so when things go wrong: blame mommy and daddy grin grin ). I thought you were a man of reason and self determination. I'm just gonna close this exchange with you right now because you are still locked in a child's mentality.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by okeyxyz(m): 3:19pm On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

Its actually not stupi.d, it is a very disingenous, sneaky, dishonest tactic by the ignorant atheist. He wants the privilege of yelling for "evidence" from christians while NEVER having to answer for the logical inadequacies of his own position.

I agree with you.

I also found that If you indulge them long enough, they'd begin to feel too good that they let down their guard and spill their anti-atheist\anti-freethinker beliefs grin. It turns out richard dawkins does not believe in evolution as the origin of life afterall, but that we(life) were planted on this earth by some alien beings. grin grin In other words: He believes in gods but just not the christian and islamic ones.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 30, 2013
okeyxyz:

I agree with you.

I also found that If you indulge them long enough, they'd begin to feel too good that they let down their guard and spill their anti-atheist\anti-freethinker beliefs grin. It turns out richard dawkins does not believe in evolution as the origin of life afterall, but that we(life) were planted on this earth by some alien beings. grin grin In other words: He believes in gods but just not the christian and islamic ones.

That is very evident here as well. If you note, many of the prominent "atheists" here do have a soft spot for deism... they do not believe in the evolution theory (it is simply a fig leaf) but absolutely refuse to believe in a god who makes demands of them.

At the end of the day, for many of them it really isnt about the illogicality of a god existing, it was never about whether evolution was true or not... it is simply a rabid hate of the God of the bible.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Kay17: 5:40pm On May 30, 2013
okeyxyz:

This is a load of nonsense, coming from people who are supposedly using their brains to think. How can you oppose a particular(religious) point of view on cosmology & origin of life without having any ideas yourself?? If you have no ideas Then on what basis do you evaluate and disagree with others??

Bros, please Use your brain and think for yourself for once, instead of regurgitating quotes, opinions and catch phrases from your cult idols(eg Richard dawkins) without critically processing them to test their validity.

Positive ideas are opposable with negativity. The concept of God stands independently of whatever position an atheist or agnostic holds. As long as the foundation which the rationality of God can persist, is destroyed, No God.

I believe God is contradiction, given that by his nature he is incomprehensible. By being such, we are unable to possess any knowledge of him. And to the contrary we "know" he is incomprehensible. Shocking irrationality!
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Kay17: 5:45pm On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

That is very evident here as well. If you note, many of the prominent "atheists" here do have a soft spot for deism... they do not believe in the evolution theory (it is simply a fig leaf) but absolutely refuse to believe in a god who makes demands of them.

At the end of the day, for many of them it really isnt about the illogicality of a god existing, it was never about whether evolution was true or not... it is simply a rabid hate of the God of the bible.

Given your newfound power of mind reading! This is an un-intelligent way of arguing against atheism. Just as stupid as believing all theists are stupid. Davidlyan for once agree intelligible on the merits.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 30, 2013
Kay 17:

Given your newfound power of mind reading! This is an un-intelligent way of arguing against atheism. Just as stupid as believing all theists are stupid. Davidlyan for once agree intelligible on the merits.

Because you disagree with something doesnt automatically make it unintelligent if you dont provide a rationale for saying so.

If you read my post very well... i used the term "many"... to denote that i am CERTAINLY NOT making a blanket statement to cover ALL atheists.

Sometimes you need to READ FIRST before you bloviate ignorantly.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Kay17: 7:37am On May 31, 2013
^^

What can you use to back up such statement?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:19am On May 31, 2013
okeyxyz:

^^^^ grin grin grin
Mehn!! your arguments keep getting worse and worse..., See: I was born a catholic but I chose to leave the catholic doctrine when it stopped making sense to me. A lot of adults who were born christians have chosen to remain christians. A lot of atheist today were born christians but chose to leave and become atheists.

But for You, an adult(I assume), to still attribute(or blame) your atheism to your parents is just pitiful(so when things go wrong: blame mommy and daddy grin grin ). I thought you were a man of reason and self determination. I'm just gonna close this exchange with you right now because you are still locked in a child's mentality.

Once again, the christian mentality shows again its full incapacity to reason.

Everybody is born an atheist until some deluded religious zealot starts indoctrinating them. For most people, this indoctrination happens so early in their life that they grow up with the delusion that they were born with those beliefs already inside them. You are part of this category.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Oahray: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Everybody is born an atheist until some deluded religious zealot starts indoctrinating them. For most people, this indoctrination happens so early in their life that they grow up with the delusion that they were born with those beliefs already inside them. You are part of this category.
na wa o! So babies believe there is no God? An atheist is not one who is clueless. He has an opinion, that there is no God. Please do not make future statements like this. It's gibberish at best.

Lemme illustrate the crap you just spewed. Two kids are arguing about superman in a classroom very early one morning. Boy A who is closer to the door says "superman is the strongest comic character there is". Boy B says, "it's not true".

Now other kids arrive too, all of whom have never watched/read superman and so have no clue. Because Boy A is closer to the door, most of the kids listen to his argument for superman first. However, some also listen to Boy B. After some time, everyone takes sides.

Alfa had been watching and he concludes: "Every child that walked in through that door BELIEVED SUPERMAN IS NOT THE STRONGEST COMIC CHARACTER until Boy A brainwashed some of them." Intelligent?

There is a difference between an atheist who actively BELIEVES in the non-existence of God, and a baby who does not even know his mother's name, let alone have any idea about any God. Anyone who does not know this has no business being close to any argument that requires any level of intellect above zero.

3 Likes

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by okeyxyz(m): 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

SMH at this kind of intellectual laziness. This is what you get when you consume soundbites from your idols(richard dawkins, etc) without examining the soundness of it.

Just one question: Have you (or anybody at all) ever interviewed a baby to know what his believes and logics are?? And what was the outcome of this interview?? OLODO!!, ASHEWO!!-atheist

2 Likes

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
Oahray: na wa o! So babies believe there is no God? An atheist is not one who is clueless. He has an opinion, that there is no God. Please do not make future statements like this. It's gibberish at best.

Lemme illustrate the crap you just spewed. Two kids are arguing about superman in a classroom very early one morning. Boy A who is closer to the door says "superman is the strongest comic character there is". Boy B says, "it's not true".

Now other kids arrive too, all of whom have never watched/read superman and so have no clue. Because Boy A is closer to the door, most of the kids listen to his argument for superman first. However, some also listen to Boy B. After some time, everyone takes sides.

Alfa had been watching and he concludes: "Every child that walked in through that door BELIEVED SUPERMAN IS NOT THE STRONGEST COMIC CHARACTER until Boy A brainwashed some of them." Intelligent?

There is a difference between an atheist who actively BELIEVES in the non-existence of God, and a baby who does not even know his mother's name, let alone have any idea about any God. Anyone who does not know this has no business being close to any argument that requires any level of intellect above zero.

Bravo bro. Strong points.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
^^please take it easy on alfa oh, its just that miss.ing li.nk syndrome has not yet being found yet that is why he is posting this monkey thinking of being born an atheist.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
Oahray: na wa o! So babies believe there is no God? An atheist is not one who is clueless. He has an opinion, that there is no God. Please do not make future statements like this. It's gibberish at best.

LOL.
I don't even know where to begin with you. I will need to lower my intellect 17 levels so I can discuss with you. That's the problem with talking with christians.
First, there's is no such thing as "an atheist who actively BELIEVES in the non-existence of God". Atheists don't believe. We are not deluded.
Let's go to your analogy. Alfa would conclude that "Until the Superman zealot brought up the subject, those children had absolutely no idea of what or who Superman was. They were born Superman-belief free until a zealot came around."
Very telling that you have to use the image of a ficticious comic character to illustrate your god and theist beliefs. It is understandable that children are impressionable and believe all kinds of fairy tales. It becomes worrying when those beliefs continue into adulthood.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
okeyxyz:

SMH at this kind of intellectual laziness. This is what you get when you consume soundbites from your idols(richard dawkins, etc) without examining the soundness of it.

Just one question: Have you (or anybody at all) ever interviewed a baby to know what his believes and logics are?? And what was the outcome of this interview?? OLODO!!, ASHEWO!!-atheist

Is this a ne syndrom going around nairaland? We need a name for it.

I suggest the name: "the striktly syndrome"
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

Bravo bro. Strong points.

Why is it not surprising that you would class abject gibberish as strong points.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
hisblud: ^^please take it easy on alfa oh, its just that miss.ing li.nk syndrome has not yet being found yet that is why he is posting this monkey thinking of being born an atheist.

Monkeys at least don't dimish my IQ levels when I'm near them. Unlike going to the church.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Why is it not surprising that you would class abject gibberish as strong points.

Each man blinded by his own dogma.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Monkeys at least don't dimish my IQ levels when I'm near them. Unlike going to the church.

Intelligence has no respect for faith. Many of the dumbest posters here are atheists... many of the best scientists in the world are christians. Ben Carson is the top neurosurgeon in the US... he is christian.

I find it amusing when atheists overplay this "IQ" meme. Its as if they use it rather desperately to justify their godless point of view.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Kay17: 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

Intelligence has no respect for faith. Many of the dumbest posters here are atheists... many of the best scientists in the world are christians. Ben Carson is the top neurosurgeon in the US... he is christian.

I find it amusing when atheists overplay this "IQ" meme. Its as if they use it rather desperately to justify their godless point of view.

You never dwell on the merits of an issue, you always indulge in mundane arguments. Nobody denies the intelligence of Christians, who doesn't know Ben Carson is a top neurosurgeon?!

Davidlyan, you have been on this forum for too long to hang on shi.t
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
Kay 17:

You never dwell on the merits of an issue, you always indulge in mundane arguments. Nobody denies the intelligence of Christians, who doesn't know Ben Carson is a top neurosurgeon?!

Davidlyan, you have been on this forum for too long to hang on shi.t

I was responding to alfa's claim that monkeys have a better IQ than christians. I'm surprised you didnt feel offended by that comment... rather you seem to be offended by me pointing out the falsehood in his comments.

Absurd.

3 Likes

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

talk of kindred 'spirit' eh,
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Oahray: 11:33pm On Jun 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

LOL.
I don't even know where to begin with you. I will need to lower my intellect 17 levels so I can discuss with you. That's the problem with talking with christians.
First, there's is no such thing as "an atheist who actively BELIEVES in the non-existence of God". Atheists don't believe. We are not deluded.
Let's go to your analogy. Alfa would conclude that "Until the Superman zealot brought up the subject, those children had absolutely no idea of what or who Superman was. They were born Superman-belief free until a zealot came around."
Very telling that you have to use the image of a ficticious comic character to illustrate your god and theist beliefs. It is understandable that children are impressionable and believe all kinds of fairy tales. It becomes worrying when those beliefs continue into adulthood.
so when atheists say" there is no God", that's not a belief? What do you call it? So it's only religious peeps that have 'beliefs', right?

Please stop embarrassing yourself and your atheist folks. Holding on to straw would not make you any smarter than you are. You made a silly statement and I corrected you with an easy-to-understand illustration, and instead of accepting, you pick an issue with the 'superman' the kids in the illustration were arguing? Really?

Your intellect is truly 17 levels lower than average. Your arrogance just makes your condition worse.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Oahray: 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:30am On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:

I was responding to alfa's claim that monkeys have a better IQ than christians. I'm surprised you didnt feel offended by that comment... rather you seem to be offended by me pointing out the falsehood in his comments.

Absurd.

I didn't say the bolded. You did. However, I would not disagree with you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sheikh And The Non-believers / Bishop Oyedepo Is Ignorant, Manipulative And Crazy At The Same Time / God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.