Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

What Does God Do Exactly ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Do Exactly ? (3047 Views)

If Jesus Is Called The Son Of God, Do You Think That Makes Him God? / Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties / What Did God Do For You In 2009? Share Your Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does God Do Exactly ? by HerexG(m): 8:06am On May 28, 2013
someone asked me this question a while ago " what does God do exactly" and i pondered for some seconds before i gave him a reply. This question opened my eyes to see that there quite a number of people who are skeptical about what God really did, do and does.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:33am On May 28, 2013
I used to ask myself "what does the Flying Spaghetti Monster do?"
Then His noodly appendage touched me and my eyes were opened.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-B3Xg3SD8csA/UDzpKw0TAPI/AAAAAAAAO3Q/v-dB-C6T0gs/s400/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_alone.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by HerexG(m): 8:53am On May 28, 2013
And here is my reply to him

I will tell you what He did and does.

When you look at a building, you know you don't need anybody to tell you that some intelligent mind planned and constructed the building. Now look at what i'm also writing here, your common sense would also tell you that someone who has a bright mind is writing it . I want you also to access at the human body , the head comprises of the the brain ( the monitor), eyes (for seeing), nose( for breath), mouth( for speech nd digestion), and this same body now has blood to transport oxygen nd chemical materials. Now this chemical materials and oxygen needs to be transported evenly to the body then here comes the heart .
What i'm trying to figure out here is that , if you think of say there is no very intelligent super being, who has intelligently placed and crafted all these. You cannot tell me something can come out of nothing. You cannot tell me you can have a building without a builder, if God is no ordinary and not in existence why has the human not created man with out sperm cell and the oval eggs.
Have you ever wondered about the galaxy (because this super being knows quite alright the necessity of light to the existence of life), the sun is there for the light during the day and the moon at night, would you tell me that came out randomly or without proper planning, looking at the great distance these satellite are from the earth. I would go on and on to tell you about this great majestic super being you can also see that we have got His kind of creative trait as man looking at the amazing creation man made.
Now talking about what exactly do God do, He is has done everything perfectly and given us all that we need to survive as man but if we still want to connect with Him, we can do that only by Faith. So He does so many things today by faith, "now without faith it is impossible to please God for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exist and rewards those who's week Him " (Hebrews 11:6).
I will conclude with what the great scientist Albert Einstein said on His own opinion about God " In the view of such harmony inin the cosmos which i, with my limiteded human mind , am able to recognize , there are yet people who say there is no God . But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views. God bless you all.
In God we trust

2 Likes

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:20am On May 28, 2013
^^^^Excellent! excellent! Clap! Clap! Clap!
Nigeria is lucky to have such intelligent brains as yours. With such intelligence, very soon we will be building colonies in Jupiter, we would eradicate AIDS, cancer and malaria. God really bless us with right thinking people like you.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:26am On May 28, 2013
HerexG, I still very much amazed by your brain power. Is it inspiration? Do these thoughts come to you like that or do you seek them out as the bible asked us to seek out knowledge?
Wow! You must have a wonderful life designed by god. I envy you. Your children must be full of your intelligent genes. (they are yours, I hope)
Is this intelligence rampant in your village? It must be a wonderful village designed by god to perfection.

2 Likes

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by HerexG(m): 10:06am On May 28, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: HerexG, I still very much amazed by your brain power. Is it inspiration? Do these thoughts come to you like that or do you seek them out as the bible asked us to seek out knowledge?
Wow! You must have a wonderful life designed by god. I envy you. Your children must be full of your intelligent genes. (they are yours, I hope)
Is this intelligence rampant in your village? It must be a wonderful village designed by god to perfection.

First i want to thank you very much for your encouragedment
* True inspiration comes only from God, because all you see is His carefully made handy work, He is my source.
* Yes the bible still remains best inspirational book, it contains all the wisdom you need and will ever need on earth. Most motivational authors got their extract from the bible. I'm not being religiou here because i'm not a religion man.
* Yes we all are beautifully and carefully made by God, we all are unique in our own ways.Please don't envy but give God all the glory.
* I'm single with no kids yet. My kids will sure have my blood , genes and knowledge flowing in them, that a guarantee
* My both grand fathers are professor and teacher, i come from a village in the south eastern part of Nigeria, we have nothing really special except for the fact that we are Igbo.
I'm just a human who opens his mind to Gods amazing wisdom, whose desires lies in Act 1:8.
Thank you and God bless you Alfar for recognizing God's wisdom in mankind.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:14am On May 28, 2013
Now, I'm dissappointed. I thought you actually used your brain but you just confirmed you were regurgitating what you were told.

I guess our country will continue to wait for that malaria cure then.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by wiegraf: 10:44am On May 28, 2013
HerexG :

First i want to thank you very much for your encouragedment

Your perfect god forgot to fit you with a sarcasm detector. Or perhaps he thought you unworthy of one, or his mysteriosunesses plans do not involve you having one, etc etc. Anyways, here's how they usually work

2 Likes

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Kay17: 12:30pm On May 28, 2013
If a limited mind similar to a laptop of 2G ram, needs a builder/engineer then a super intelligent creator similar to a mainframe computer definitely requires a builder!

HerexG :

When you look at a building, you know you don't need anybody to tell you that some intelligent mind planned and constructed the building. Now look at what i'm also writing here, your common sense would also tell you that someone who has a bright mind is writing it . I want you also to access at the human body , the head comprises of the the brain ( the monitor), eyes (for seeing), nose( for breath), mouth( for speech nd digestion), and this same body now has blood to transport oxygen nd chemical materials. Now this chemical materials and oxygen needs to be transported evenly to the body then here comes the heart .
What i'm trying to figure out here is that , if you think of say there is no very intelligent super being, who has intelligently placed and crafted all these. You cannot tell me something can come out of nothing. You cannot tell me you can have a building without a builder, if God is no ordinary and not in existence why has the human not created man with out sperm cell and the oval eggs.
Have you ever wondered about the galaxy (because this super being knows quite alright the necessity of light to the existence of life), the sun is there for the light during the day and the moon at night, would you tell me that came out randomly or without proper planning, looking at the great distance these satellite are from the earth. I would go on and on to tell you about this great majestic super being you can also see that we have got His kind of creative trait as man looking at the amazing creation man made.
Now talking about what exactly do God do, He is has done everything perfectly and given us all that we need to survive as man but if we still want to connect with Him, we can do that only by Faith. So He does so many things today by faith, "now without faith it is impossible to please God for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exist and rewards those who's week Him " (Hebrews 11:6).
I will conclude with what the great scientist Albert Einstein said on His own opinion about God " In the view of such harmony inin the cosmos which i, with my limiteded human mind , am able to recognize , there are yet people who say there is no God . But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views. God bless you all.
In God we trust
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by plaetton: 2:12pm On May 28, 2013
HerexG :

In God we trust

Ya ya ya, a house must have builder, a computer must have a designer. Yeah, sure. But we usually know who the designers and builders are and we can always sue them for design flaws or defects. Can we say the same for god?
Nothing can come from nothing, right? So this super intelligent being must also have come from something else, otherwise he simply cannot exist. If the universe is complex, then the desinger must be more complex and would require even a more complex designer. Get my drift?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

Ya ya ya, a house must have builder, a computer must have a designer. Yeah, sure. But we usually know who the designers and builders are and we can always sue them for design flaws or defects. Can we say the same for god?
Nothing can come from nothing, right? So this super intelligent being must also have come from something else, otherwise he simply cannot exist. If the universe is complex, then the desinger must be more complex and would require even a more complex designer. Get my drift?
When will you atheists learn to stick to topic. What has this got to do with the question asked?

1 Like

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by plaetton: 8:31pm On May 28, 2013
Reyginus: When will you atheists learn to stick to topic. What has this got to do with the question asked?
C'mon Reyginus
Na wetin?
The guy made some claims and I simply tried to rebut his claims. That's the normal thing we do around here.
No be so?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:
C'mon Reyginus
Na wetin?
The guy made some claims and I simply tried to rebut his claims. That's the normal thing we do around here.
No be so?
Plaetton, No be so. What I think is, threads by virtue of their titles' nature, create a form of restriction in dynamism. In essence, the way this thread is fashioned, the question of the authenticity of God is not called. For you to partake, you must have agreed that He exists before effectively tackling the question. Based on how the op address yearns to be addressed, that is.
We should learn to flip some threads.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Areaboy2(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2013
he is god.. he can do whatever the fck he wants undecided
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by kambo(m): 12:51am On May 29, 2013
anoda boring atheists debate?!!!!
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by orgasticdance: 1:41am On May 29, 2013
He condemns me to hell for a harmless thought crime like visualizing MJ unclad cry
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: I used to ask myself "what does the Flying Spaghetti Monster do?"
Then His noodly appendage touched me and my eyes were opened.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-B3Xg3SD8csA/UDzpKw0TAPI/AAAAAAAAO3Q/v-dB-C6T0gs/s400/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_alone.jpg[/img]
badu wins again, atheist so predictable
10. Always bring up examples like the spaghetti monster, Zeus,and Santa Claus to prove that if you must believe in one God then you have to believe in all ofthem, right?!
slimy atheist god, terrible ugh yuck *spits at their god*
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:10pm On May 29, 2013
^^^ Is this a butthurt that I'm seeing? Logicboy can you confirm please if this is evidence of a real butthurt?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: ^^^ Is this a butthurt that I'm seeing? Logicboy can you confirm please if this is evidence of a real butthurt?
uu.. It hurt alright... but seeing is believing, i have seen your god and i have spit on it. *so ugly, yuck* logicboy is helping me chew this that you are having an ape like creature as a common ancestors with apes in the zoo... What is da name of your close cousin ape...
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:02pm On May 29, 2013
hisblud: uu.. It hurt alright... but seeing is believing, i have seen your god and i have spit on it. *so ugly, yuck* logicboy is helping me chew this that you are having an ape like creature as a common ancestors with apes in the zoo... What is da name of your close cousin ape...

And who exactly are your own ancestors? A 6000 year old jewish mud and rib? Haha. Don't make me laugh.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

And who exactly are your own ancestors? A 6000 year old jewish mud and rib? Haha. Don't make me laugh.
i will love to make you laf here https://www.nairaland.com/1306091/atheists-u-proud-father
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by tuagbo: 12:52am On May 30, 2013
@Alfa Seltzer This is my first time of seeing your posts.I don't think the guy realized you were being sarcastic in your replies.Maybe you should have drawn and labelled a diagram for him.These "religious" folks always humour me with their ignorant/robotic/programmed posts.Continue treating them like breatfeeding piglets
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 1:08am On May 30, 2013
Kay 17: If a limited mind similar to a laptop of 2G ram, needs a builder/engineer then a super intelligent creator similar to a mainframe computer definitely requires a builder!

its funny how atheists have a problem believing God was not created but absolutely accept (without question) a theory that the earth just appeared from nowhere.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by UyiIredia(m): 3:29am On May 30, 2013
plaetton:

No. Since nothing can come from nothing, the super-intelligent being must perforce be self-existent and eternal.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by UyiIredia(m): 3:33am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

its funny how atheists have a problem believing God was not created but absolutely accept (without question) a theory that the earth just appeared from nowhere.

What's funny is believing chemicals self-assembled into proto-cells, and subsequently, life. Believing fishes walked on land and eventually became reptiles, apes became men and so on, and so forth.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 3:50am On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

What's funny is believing chemicals self-assembled into proto-cells, and subsequently, life. Believing fishes walked on land and eventually became reptiles, apes became men and so on, and so forth.

that's why i wonder why atheists think their position is any better. However you look at it, christianity and atheism are both rooted in blind faith.

3 Likes

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 9:23am On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

you capture the atheist myth so well. A good summary at best. Hi david how you de?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Kay17: 9:25am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

that's why i wonder why atheists think their position is any better. However you look at it, christianity and atheism are both rooted in blind faith.

Technically, atheism doesn't hold any position on cosmology or on the Origin of Life or on evolution! God doesn't simply exist simpliciter.

So mr davidlyan, with due respect you are airing dust more or less.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 30, 2013
Kay 17:
God doesn't simply exist simpliciter.

Can someone tell me again how the above is not a belief that is firmly rooted in blind faith?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:22pm On May 30, 2013
striktlymi:

Can someone tell me again how the above is not a belief that is firmly rooted in blind faith?

Follow me ask am o! How can someone deny the existence of the almighty Monster even after the pictured evidence of his noodly appendage posted above. They must be very blind. The existence of doG can only be questioned by fools!
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Kay17: 12:41pm On May 30, 2013
striktlymi:

I see God as a contradiction, and as such can not exist.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 30, 2013
Kay 17:

Technically, atheism doesn't hold any position on cosmology or on the Origin of Life or on evolution! God doesn't simply exist simpliciter.

So mr davidlyan, with due respect you are airing dust more or less.

If you believe the above hubris then i have a bridge to sell to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

End OF Days[end OF The Harvest] / If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? / Speaking In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.