Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,962 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

What Does God Do Exactly ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Do Exactly ? (3057 Views)

If Jesus Is Called The Son Of God, Do You Think That Makes Him God? / Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties / What Did God Do For You In 2009? Share Your Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:36am On Jun 02, 2013
Oahray: so when atheists say" there is no God", that's not a belief? What do you call it? So it's only religious peeps that have 'beliefs', right?

Please stop embarrassing yourself and your atheist folks. Holding on to straw would not make you any smarter than you are. You made a silly statement and I corrected you with an easy-to-understand illustration, and instead of accepting, you pick an issue with the 'superman' the kids in the illustration were arguing? Really?

Your intellect is truly 17 levels lower than average. Your arrogance just makes your condition worse.

I will address only the bolded.

No, it's not a belief to assert the evident. It is up to the proponent to prove his assertions. His failure to do so cannot be classified as a belief in the negative by the audience.

If you can't understand the above, try this one:

To explain it to you, if lack of belief is a belief sysytem, then lack of sex is a sexual activity. Is it?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by okeyxyz(m): 1:49am On Jun 02, 2013
^^^ Is this "I was born an atheist" child @Alfa_Seltzer still roaming this thread?? How's that "atheist baby" theory holding out for ya?? Well, since babies are just below idiots in terms of intelligence, logic and language, That means if you lack these three attributes, then You are an Atheist. GBAM!!! cool

wtf even imbeciles have some intelligence, logic and language grin grin, So it's an insult to them When I put you in the same class as them grin grin

You better go meet @logicboy for some training. ASHEWO!! atheist.

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: HerexG, I still very much amazed by your brain
power. Is it inspiration? Do these thoughts come to you like that or do
you seek them out as the bible asked us to seek out knowledge?
Wow! You must have a wonderful life designed by god. I envy you. Your
children must be full of your intelligent genes. (they are yours, I
hope)
Is this intelligence rampant in your village? It must be a wonderful
village designed by god to perfection.
When I started reading your first comment I thougt you were going to be sarcastic but you proved me wrongjsmiley
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:56am On Jun 02, 2013
okeyxyz: ^^^ Is this "I was born an atheist" child @Alfa_Seltzer still roaming this thread?? How's that "atheist baby" theory holding out for ya?? Well, since babies are just below idiots in terms of intelligence, logic and language, That means if you lack these three attributes, then You are an Atheist. GBAM!!! cool

wtf even imbeciles have some intelligence, logic and language grin grin, So it's an insult to them When I put you in the same class as them grin grin

You better go meet @logicboy for some training. ASHEWO!! atheist.

Chai! Na so christian brain dey? I don't know which babies you have been seeing but you need to see real human babies.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:57am On Jun 02, 2013
Vanneni: When I started reading your first comment I thougt you were going to be sarcastic but you proved me wrongjsmiley

You must be a christian then.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Oahray: 2:08am On Jun 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

No, it's not a belief to assert the evident. It is up to the proponent to prove his assertions. His failure to do so cannot be classified as a belief in the negative by the audience.

To explain it to you, if lack of belief is a belief sysytem, then lack of sex is a sexual activity. Is it?
mehn, you seem to find it hard to comprehend little things, else you wouldn't reply that way, or worse still, put up a totally unrelated pic. Where in my post did I use the term 'religion' for atheists? What I said is "BELIEF", and it is not restricted to religion. If you hold the opposite of an idea to be true, that is your belief; that the idea is false and the opposite is true.

In this case, atheists are not merely people who do not believe God exists cos they do not have an opinion. On the contrary, they have an opinion which they claim is the correct one, which is the non-existence of God. How is that not a belief? Your sex analogy is ill-dressed to the occasion, dude.

Alright, I need you to do two things for me.
(1) Look up the dictionary meaning of 'belief' and post it here.
(2) Tell me, does God exist? Yes or no?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 2:38am On Jun 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I didn't say the bolded. You did. However, I would not disagree with you.

what's the difference? I was quite certain that was what you meant.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jun 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

As is usual, the typical nairaland atheist exposes himself as incapable of an original thought. Everything is borrowed shamelessly from his leftist celeb "gods". You persist in the "atheism is not a religion" claim (while arrogating superior IQ to yourself) SOLELY because your atheist gods have said so (and of course they can never be wrong as far as you are concerned, it must be the christian with the low IQ).

Back to your internet meme, the analogy Bill Maher used there makes zero sense. The same people who tell you that atheism is a perfect way of life BECAUSE that is the template with which we are born NEVER see the contradiction when they foam in the mouth about christians insisting on abstinence before marriage as a way of life!

If we are all born atheist and hence this makes atheism ok, why is the same standard not extended to abstinence?

Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You must be a christian then.
Yes I am. But on reading your other comments, I realised you were indeed being sarcastic.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by HerexG(m): 9:05am On Jun 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I didn't say the bolded. You did. However, I would not disagree with you.

Let me give a simple analogy on the saying that " there is no God "
Now let me make this statement "There is no crude oil in Ghana". For me to confirm that truly there is no crude oil in Ghana is must visit all the off-shore s in Ghana, dig them all to confirm truly there is no crude oil in Ghana.
Now for you to confirm the statement that is no God , you should go round the universe, space, Lithospere, atmosphere, and hydrosphere or even the earth crust to confirm truly that there is no God. Let our God be exalted.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2013
HerexG :

Let me give a simple analogy on the saying that " there is no God "
Now let me make this statement "There is no crude oil in Ghana". For me to confirm that truly there is no crude oil in Ghana is must visit all the off-shore s in Ghana, dig them all to confirm truly there is no crude oil in Ghana.
Now for you to confirm the statement that is no God , you should go round the universe, space, Lithospere, atmosphere, and hydrosphere or even the earth crust to confirm truly that there is no God. Let our God be exalted.

So those priests in US that said there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster are wrong?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2013
Vanneni: Yes I am. But on reading your other comments, I realised you were indeed being sarcastic.

How many times did you read it before it hit you?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2013
davidylan:

As is usual, the typical nairaland atheist exposes himself as incapable of an original thought. Everything is borrowed shamelessly from his leftist celeb "gods". You persist in the "atheism is not a religion" claim (while arrogating superior IQ to yourself) SOLELY because your atheist gods have said so (and of course they can never be wrong as far as you are concerned, it must be the christian with the low IQ).

Back to your internet meme, the analogy Bill Maher used there makes zero sense. The same people who tell you that atheism is a perfect way of life BECAUSE that is the template with which we are born NEVER see the contradiction when they foam in the mouth about christians insisting on abstinence before marriage as a way of life!

If we are all born atheist and hence this makes atheism ok, why is the same standard not extended to abstinence?

After reading this comment two days ago, I decided that I must be too tired to even understand a christian. So I decided to sleep over it. Yesterday, I read it again and it still made no sense. So I went to bed early last night to get enough sleep. I have read it again this morning and now I am sure that it wasn't me. Trying to understand a christian is an exercise in futility.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Oahray: 10:11am On Jun 04, 2013
@Alfa, how many days does it take an atheist to check up 'BELIEF' in the dictionary, and answer categorically if God exists on not? lipsrsealed
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:16am On Jun 04, 2013
Oahray: @Alfa, how many days does it take an atheist to check up 'BELIEF' in the dictionary, and answer categorically if God exists on not? lipsrsealed

Same amount of days it takes the godly to answer categorically if the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists or not. tongue
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Oahray: 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Same amount of days it takes the godly to answer categorically if the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists or not. tongue
Hmmm... Are you saying the atheist isn't smarter afterall? grin
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2013
Oahray: Hmmm... Are you saying the atheist isn't smarter afterall? grin

No. Not at all. The atheist just brings himself down to the level of christian comprehension. It's like when you are talking to children. You use images they can identify with.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Oahray: 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

No. Not at all. The atheist just brings himself down to the level of christian comprehension. It's like when you are talking to children. You use images they can identify with.
lol. Like I used illustrations to help you understand? Nice...
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by wiegraf: 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

After reading this comment two days ago, I decided that I must be too tired to even understand a christian. So I decided to sleep over it. Yesterday, I read it again and it still made no sense. So I went to bed early last night to get enough sleep. I have read it again this morning and now I am sure that it wasn't me. Trying to understand a christian is an exercise in futility.

He simply missed your point completely. Perhaps you still give them too much credit.

You're now yoruba?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 2:10am On Jun 05, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

you are missing a third option, perhaps you just arent too smart to get the point? Or the 4th option... that you are too dishonest, too blind and too wedded to dogma to see an alternate point of view?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by wiegraf: 5:52am On Jun 05, 2013
davidylan:

you are missing a third option, perhaps you just arent too smart to get the point? Or the 4th option... that you are too dishonest, too blind and too wedded to dogma to see an alternate point of view?

What are you doing?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2013
wiegraf:

He simply missed your point completely. Perhaps you still give them too much credit.

You're now yoruba?

What virus got that idea into your head. DOG forbid!
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by wiegraf: 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

What virus got that idea into your head. DOG forbid!

You sure. I could have sworn you became a yoruba youth that just moved to the states...
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
wiegraf:

You sure. I could have sworn you became a yoruba youth that just moved to the states...

Maybe Obadiah has passed some of his stuff to you because I have no other way of explaining how these words spew from your keyboard.

Me yoruba? Me youth? Me just moved? Me in the states? I don't even know where to begin. Are you sure you are not confusing me with someone else?
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by wiegraf: 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Maybe Obadiah has passed some of his stuff to you because I have no other way of explaining how these words spew from your keyboard.

Me yoruba? Me youth? Me just moved? Me in the states? I don't even know where to begin. Are you sure you are not confusing me with someone else?

Why would anyone go near what obadiah touches? I refer to this, but perhaps he of many IDs is not responsible in this case. You've been around long enough to tell the problem of evil is not enough to convince committed sheeple, and the writing style is a little different. Then again...

Nah, it's probably you.
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by okeyxyz(m): 8:01am On Jun 06, 2013
wiegraf:

Why would anyone go near what obadiah touches? I refer to this, but perhaps he of many IDs is not responsible in this case. You've been around long enough to tell the problem of evil is not enough to convince committed sheeple, and the writing style is a little different. Then again...

Nah, it's probably you.

grin grin grin @Why_would_anyone_go_near_what_obadiah_touches?

@obadiah you see how atheists,(even angels) tremble at your works?? grin grin
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

How many times did you read it before it hit you?

Let me guess...it didn't even hit you!!!
Re: What Does God Do Exactly ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:34am On Jun 06, 2013
striktlymi:

Let me guess...it didn't even hit you!!!

And it never will.

Testimony Of Heaven, The New Jerusalem, The Throne Of God, Audible Voice Of God / Church Members Go Naked For Pastor (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Is Ignorant, Manipulative And Crazy At The Same Time

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62