Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi (13499 Views)

Would OBJ Have Handled Insecurity Better Than GEJ? / How I Would Have Handled Boko Haram - Obasanjo / Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by delors(m): 3:28pm On May 28, 2013
He would be 'cooling off' and answering questions at EFCC headquarters by now.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by dayokanu(m): 3:29pm On May 28, 2013
Whats Amaechis issue? Or what has Amaechi done wrong or what Law has he flouted that warrants him being handled
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Olaone1: 3:30pm On May 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

Sorry, a bit of clarification required if you don't mind. Did he disobey his party by suspending the local government chairman or are those two separate transgressions and if they are what exactly did he do or not do to disobey his party?
He HOA sacked the chairman even though he was advised against it by his party. In fact, he suspended the chairman before investigating his alleged wrongdoing.
His party also asked him not to contest for NGF chairmanship, he has now been suspended for his disobliging manner/action. undecided
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Olaone1: 3:36pm On May 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

You know what's funny? In a federation, the president should not be able to do that.
forget utopia my brother. How many times did Obasanjo do it?

Even Sir Thomas More (the writer) would agree with me.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by CROWE: 3:37pm On May 28, 2013
Symphony007: you are a goat, you and all who think like you deserve this 5th world nation you're living in. Look at what you're saying an elected president should do to an elected governour. How shamefull...nigerians deserve what they have had, have now and will continue to have. If a president can bully a whole governour like this, how much more an ordinary, powerless nigerian...genesis of tyranny!

Exactly, the governors were elected by the people, the president should have no power over them, only in Nigeria.

Ola one:
He HOA sacked the chairman even though he was advised against it by his party. In fact, he suspended the chairman before investigating his alleged wrongdoing.
His party also asked him not to contest for NGF chairmanship, he has now been suspended for his disobliging manner/action. undecided

Technically people are suspended pending investigations as for the rest of it the party really shouldn't be telling him how to run his state though they are in their right to try to stop him from running for ngf post all in all I knew pdp were crossing some kind of lines as well, Nigeria for you.

Ola one:
forget utopia my brother. How many times did Obasanjo do it?

Even Sir Thomas More (the writer) would agree with me.

Its not utopia, it doesn't happen in developed countries, if there is no proper distribution of powers the government fails, why do you think Nigeria is a dump? It is because GEJ is king and everyone else is a goat waiting for orders, it is pretty fucking difficult to heard 170 million goats.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Olaone1: 3:39pm On May 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

though they are in their right to try to stop him from running for ngf post all in all I knew pdp were crossing some kind of lines as well, Nigeria for you.
Good. At least you know he crossed the line.why should he go scot-free?
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Olaone1: 3:42pm On May 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

Its not utopia, it doesn't happen in developed countries, if there is no proper distribution of powers the government fails, why do you think Nigeria is a dump? It is because GEJ is king and everyone else is a goat waiting for orders.
Okay bro, if I may ask you, tell me why the Labour Party of Britain suspended sacked George Galloway. What did he do? the UK is developed, isn't it? His (Amaechi's) party punished him not GEJ, noted?
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by CROWE: 3:43pm On May 28, 2013
Ola one:
Good. At least you know he crossed the line.why should he go scot-free?

Someone was talking about an investigation, investigation for what? He disobeyed an order and they suspend or expel him and that is as far as it goes, the rest of it is abuse of power.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Olaone1: 3:47pm On May 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

Someone was talking about an investigation, investigation for what? He disobeyed an order and they suspend or expel him and that is as far as it goes, the rest of it is abuse of power.
Fine. What else have they done to him? tongue
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by dmitroika(m): 3:48pm On May 28, 2013
thoexynne:

I really don't know he would have handled him, but there are a couple of guys i know who i could refer you to..........
1. odilli
2. Ibori
3. Fayose
4. Bola Ige
5. Atiku

C'mmon folks u know this guys

Alams and wabara nko?
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by beordune(m): 3:49pm On May 28, 2013
grin
mr.official:

Shhhh! Can you tell me who GEJ is? The luckiest man on earth.

Sorry, the president of Nigeria.

Can't stop laughing.... grin
mr.official:

Shhhh! Can you tell me who GEJ is? The luckiest man on earth.

Sorry, the president of Nigeria.

Can't stop laughing....
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by delvinmaya(m): 3:57pm On May 28, 2013
@ crowe, read this, brings into perspective for yoy the developed world you claim dont do this, www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/28/AR2010092806414.html
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by naUgotire: 3:57pm On May 28, 2013
bloggernaija: The governors obj went after were not performer .apart from ngige who started performing after his trouble started and tinubu who was too hard to rumble , the rest were actually corrupt non performers.
Note that OBJ was at the peak of his popularity then with the GSM thing , debt repayment and dealing a blow to militicians via mass retrenchment.
He easily outshone and out performed all the people he went after
The reverse is the case here.amaechi ,for all his sin,easily outshines GEJ in virtually every category.he is one of a few governors who have taken the definition of performance to another lvl in nigeria.

I seriously think that you were not yet born during the last OBJ's administration. I won't be surprised if you're about 5-7 years old.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by delvinmaya(m): 3:58pm On May 28, 2013
@ crowe, read this, brings into perspective for yoy the developed world you claim dont do this, www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/28/AR2010092806414.html

Now who can state categorically that this is what rotimi did
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by CROWE: 3:59pm On May 28, 2013
Ola one:
Okay bro, if I may ask you, tell me why the Labour Party of Britain suspended sacked George Galloway. What did he do? the UK is developed, isn't it? His (Amaechi's) party punished him not GEJ, noted?

Are you asking me about Galloway or telling me?

Ola one:
Fine. What else have they done to him?

Apparently GEJ launched an investigation into his administration, also you are making a defensive argument here, I was told that the suspension was also punishment for his suspending/sacking someone in rivers which pdp should not be involved in, lets not try to pretend pdp didn't hold that against him because they apparently did.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by dayokanu(m): 4:00pm On May 28, 2013
delvinmaya:
[size=14pt] Now who can state categorically that this is what rotimi did[/size]

I've been asking the same question, What did Rotimi do that needed handling
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Olaone1: 4:07pm On May 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

[s]Apparently GEJ launched an investigation into his administration[/s], also you are making a defensive argument here, I was told that the suspension was also punishment for his suspending/sacking someone in rivers which pdp should not be involved in, lets not try to pretend pdp didn't hold that against him because they apparently did.
It is not strange for a party to ask a governor to preclude the execution of a judgement if the said judgement will likely jeopardize the interest of the party in question. He was asked to stay this jugement but he didn't.tongue
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Mogidi: 4:11pm On May 28, 2013
Symphony007: you are a goat, you and all who think like you deserve this 5th world nation you're living in. Look at what you're saying an elected president should do to an elected governour. How shamefull...nigerians deserve what they have had, have now and will continue to have. If a president can bully a whole governour like this, how much more an ordinary, powerless nigerian...genesis of tyranny!

You only managed to insult me without providing an improved argument why OBJ would have done less?
You my friend is a dolt.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by CROWE: 4:13pm On May 28, 2013
delvinmaya: @ crowe, read this, brings into perspective for yoy the developed world you claim dont do this, www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/28/AR2010092806414.html

Now who can state categorically that this is what rotimi did

lol let me educate you, Russia is very different from the west, it is still technically a developing state, only st petersburg, moscow and a few places are developed, most of it is shit and the gdp per capita is Russia is low, it is also a totalitarian state where the people have no freedoms, most of its leaders were kgb so things like spying on their citizens, oppressing and controlling them is still very real there. Calling Russia a developed state is an insult to the countries that have actually strived for high standards of society.

Ola one:
It is not strange for a party to ask a governor to preclude the execution of a judgement if the said judgement will likely jeopardize the interest of the party in question. He was asked to stay this jugement but he didn't.tongue

Just because something happens often doesn't make it okay, a party cannot ask a governor to run his office as suits their interests, his office is in service to and for the people, that is abuse of office and he is right to refuse it.

1 Like

Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by kawkab: 4:13pm On May 28, 2013
bloggernaija:

Obj is wiser than you think.he will not for any reason fight with amaechi,a performer.he would rather want to be associated with him so that the amaechi's shine can rub off him.as regards the governors forum, he would simply have ignored it.wasn't there a forum during obj time?weren't they agigating for the monies in the excess crude account then.he simply ignored them.
Everybody knows that goodluck is insecure and jealous because amaechi easily outshines him .amaechi is what GEJ is not.you can see also see the insecurity on nairAland from GEJ paid supporters. Everyday ,they come here wasting their time on what fashola has not done or what buhari did without publishing what GEJ has done in the 4 yrs since he became president

1. Please kindly explain how amechi easily outshines GEJ.
2. How is Amechi what GEJ is not.
3. In what aays dows GEJ actions potrays that he is jealous and insecure.

Note OBJ was very impatience with opposition both from within and outside his party.
-Ayo Fayose
-Rasheed Ladoja.
-DSP Alamiyeseigha
-Bola Ige
-Harry Marshal
-Dikibo

* seized lagos state funds.

In Amechi first tenure he performed remarkably well. However has spent a good part of hia second term playing Politics. He turned the Governrs forum to an opposition party; opposed Local Govt. autonomy etc.

1 Like

Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by CROWE: 4:19pm On May 28, 2013
Local government autonomy is a horrible idea though, it is kind of like communism, it sounds like a good idea but when you consider it in practice you realize its impracticality.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Olaone1: 4:23pm On May 28, 2013
CROWÉ: Local government autonomy is a horrible idea though, it is kind of like communism, it sounds like a good idea but when you consider it in practice you realize its impracticality.
I ask you again, CROWE, why did the Labour Party of Britain suspend Galloway. Does that mean Britain is not in the West?

Well, let me tell you, he was suspended (read sacked) for anti-party activities. Exactly what the PDP leaders have done to Amaechi tongue
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by CROWE: 4:26pm On May 28, 2013
Ola one:
I ask you again, CROWE, why did the Labour Party of Britain suspend Galloway. Does that mean Britain is not in the West?

Well, let me tell you, if was suspended (read sacked) for anti-party activities. Exactly what the PDP leaders have done to Amaechi tongue

Obviously if the image a person is displaying does not conform with the group he is in they remove him, but that was not all pdp had against him was it? And I never complained about the sacking, I complained that pdp had no business telling him how to run his state, something which was apparently considered when the decision to punish him was made, and there really should not be an investigation into him.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Olaone1: 4:32pm On May 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

Obviously if the image a person is displaying does not conform with the group he is in they remove him, but that was not all pdp had against him was it? And I never complained about the sacking, I complained that pdp had no business telling him how to run his state, something which was apparently considered when the decision to punish him was made, and there really should not be an investigation into him.
Thank you sir. Now, how do you you think OBJ would have treated an incorrigible governor like Amaechi? Please, give us your opinion. Thank you.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by CROWE: 4:39pm On May 28, 2013
Ola one:
Thank you sir. Now, how do you you think OBJ would have treated an incorrigible governor like Amaechi? Please, give us your opinion. Thank you.

I cannot speak to the actions of OBJ as a person, as a leader of pdp it is expel or suspend but as president he really has no relation to Amaechi's actions, again, the only transgression that I have been told here is running for ngf chairman against party orders, in which again all they can do is suspend or expel him FROM THE PARTY.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Pennywise(m): 4:41pm On May 28, 2013
OBJ could have done anything from sending EFCC after Amaechi or the Army to River's State Govt House to remove the Governor.

But all that bravado fizzles if the subject is a Northerner for whom Obasanjo has a morbid, inexplicable and sometimes embarrassing fear. In short, Obj is a coward.

1 Like

Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by CROWE: 4:44pm On May 28, 2013
Pennywise: OBJ could have done anything from sending EFCC after Amaechi or the Army to River's State Govt House to remove the Governor.

But all that bravado fizzles if the subject is a Northerner for whom Obasanjo has a morbid, inexplicable and sometimes embarrassing fear. In short, Obj is a coward.

Using government departments for personal vendettas, its no wonder Nigeria is a hole rats wouldn't want to live in.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by amber222(f): 4:44pm On May 28, 2013
mekaboy: Just wondering how OBJ would have handled this Amechi issue if he was in Jonathans shoes. Does anyone have an idea?
d same way he handled gbenga daniel.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Olaone1: 4:45pm On May 28, 2013
Pennywise: OBJ could have done anything from sending EFCC after Amaechi or the Army to River's State Govt House to remove the Governor.

You're right.
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by CROWE: 4:46pm On May 28, 2013
[size=14pt]EFCC and the army exist to enforce Nigerias laws and safe guard the well being of the nation and its people not punish people who disobey PDP.[/size]
Re: How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi by Pennywise(m): 4:56pm On May 28, 2013
CROWÉ: [size=14pt]EFCC and the army exist to enforce Nigerias laws and safe guard the well being of the nation and its people not punish people who disobey PDP.[/size]

Who is this person and where is he from? Are you going to tell us who we are as Nigerians or what a Nigerian president can or cannot do?

Or you are just an idealistic kid looking for something to debate?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Imams, Dines With Reps / Buhari’s 10-day UK Private Visit Ends Today / Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.