Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems (12090 Views)

African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? / Tony Tetuila Ft. 2face – African Man / 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 28, 2013
I swear Africa Queen is for all africans,in 2008 i was sitting in Train,on my left side was a black sitting. We did,nt talk to each other,2 stop later my fin rang,and Africa Queen was my ringiing tone den.After d call d girl move to my sit and sat with me ,d next i heard was, hmm hello are u from Naija,i said yes. From then we started dating. till she left my area cause she was du like cause in one suppermarket in my area then. By the way ,she was from KENYA.

1 Like

Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 28, 2013
AFTER AFRICAN QUEEN, HOW MANY KNOWN AND UNKNOWN AFRICAN PRINCES AND PRINCESSES ARE SCATERED ALL OVER OVER THE PLACE RIGHT NOW?
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by diarra94(m): 3:26pm On May 28, 2013
I travel btw islands here in the pacific. These pple dont know much abt africa but they all know african queen to the extend that they use the tune to learn to play guitar.

3 Likes

Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Chartey(m): 3:30pm On May 28, 2013
tpia@:

what the hey?

what kind of ignorance is this?

i fear for this generation abeg.
if he had said ''introduced contemporary african music to the world'', i'd hv agreed totally.
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by abduldope(m): 3:33pm On May 28, 2013
Ublaize: Those of u that usually rate D bang higher than 2baba why wasn't he listed?
Nna ah taya o... grin

1 Like

Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by abduldope(m): 3:38pm On May 28, 2013
ifihearam: Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dbanj"s Oliver twist is far better jor.
taaaaaa maka y kwanu ... Oya tl me hw e tk beta abi na dat prt of i F*CKED genevive grin... 2baba pass BaNJi by faR statistically ask ur slf hw mny songs DBanj drop wen d blow airwaves since levin MOHITS Try listen 2baba RaINbow N DBANJ BACHELOR #gBAm

2 Likes

Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by tpia5: 3:39pm On May 28, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
I swear Africa Queen is for all africans,in 2008 i was sitting in Train,on my left side was a black sitting. We did,nt talk to each other,2 stop later my fin rang,and Africa Queen was my ringiing tone den.After d call d girl move to my sit and sat with me ,d next i heard was, hmm hello are u from Naija,i said yes. From then we started dating. till she left my area cause she was du like cause in one suppermarket in my area then. By the way ,she was from KENYA.

was she the same one who was speaking pidgin when you landed at the kenyan airport?
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by tpia5: 3:40pm On May 28, 2013
Chartey:
if he had said ''introduced contemporary african music to the world'', i'd hv agreed totally.

is that contemporary african music?
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by chacha3(f): 3:41pm On May 28, 2013
Good one,i really really love that track.
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 28, 2013
speeder: There's this African musician who's not the best but made best through the lyrics.
Oliver twist is a hit song, well, within the shores of Nigeria made popular by channel stations. I remember when oliver twist was aired, we listened to it just like one of those song made by Mo'hits. Two weeks later, it was heard it was no. 9 at... That was the begining of its reign. Well, its reign was short lived. Go to England, ask an average citizen of oliver tist by D'banj, he'll feel dumb.
P-square is great. Infact they have a great song, most time poor lyrics but damn cool. There's is also shortlived but the singers are recurrent. There's two of there songs which is not well appreciated by 9ja but guy, it rocks. Good lyrics, good cordination, i rank it second, "I Love You", "Forever".

But there is this guy, he has this song that never dies. About 9 yrs now yet it rocks even through the tommy of a pregnant lady and the baby dances to it's rythym. Very good lyrics, very good cordinates. As rranked by an org in US(Bizzbook) the most popular and most played African songs at weddings, "no one like you"(pquare), "African queen"(the bald guy). In ranking this three, Twist is nowhere near them. As MI said "He's not in the league, help me tell them."
Well, since psquare and d other is left out, make ur choice. Psquares songs are shortlived, sometimes poor Lyrics but very awesome. The bald guy fucking got the best lyrics, after 9 yrs of releasing, children sing as though they were in the video. Well, I've forgotten the bald guys name remind me.
. Hit the like button jor.
dislike
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 28, 2013
Lol an irrelevant dj brought up a phucked up list of of african top anthems and fuse odg antenna made it to the list,lol this must be the joke of the year
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by bionicdude(m): 4:07pm On May 28, 2013
ayswags: Lol an irrelevant dj brought up a phucked up list of of african top anthems and fuse odg antenna made it to the list,lol this must be the joke of the year
i tell u.antenna for God sake that song sucks just like dbanj's scapegoat remix smh
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 28, 2013
style$co:
That song made me realise that music really has a spirit.

Whenever I hear that song, even just reading about it makes me feel so special and proud to be an African and a woman.

2face!! Thank you o jare.

2face: You are welcome.

Okay
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Frankaka8(m): 4:32pm On May 28, 2013
ifihearam: Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dbanj"s Oliver twist is far better jor.
you need a doctor!!! Hear d words(solo) of oliver twist b4 makin an opinion

1 Like

Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by ekazulu: 4:37pm On May 28, 2013
speeder: There's this African musician who's not the best but made best through the lyrics.
Oliver twist is a hit song, well, within the shores of Nigeria made popular by channel stations. I remember when oliver twist was aired, we listened to it just like one of those song made by Mo'hits. Two weeks later, it was heard it was no. 9 at... That was the begining of its reign. Well, its reign was short lived. Go to England, ask an average citizen of oliver tist by D'banj, he'll feel dumb.
P-square is great. Infact they have a great song, most time poor lyrics but damn cool. There's is also shortlived but the singers are recurrent. There's two of there songs which is not well appreciated by 9ja but guy, it rocks. Good lyrics, good cordination, i rank it second, "I Love You", "Forever".

But there is this guy, he has this song that never dies. About 9 yrs now yet it rocks even through the tommy of a pregnant lady and the baby dances to it's rythym. Very good lyrics, very good cordinates. As rranked by an org in US(Bizzbook) the most popular and most played African songs at weddings, "no one like you"(pquare), "African queen"(the bald guy). In ranking this three, Twist is nowhere near them. As MI said "He's not in the league, help me tell them."
Well, since psquare and d other is left out, make ur choice. Psquares songs are shortlived, sometimes poor Lyrics but very awesome. The bald guy fucking got the best lyrics, after 9 yrs of releasing, children sing as though they were in the video. Well, I've forgotten the bald guys name remind me.
. Hit the like button jor.

I hit the like button jor, my guy...nothing do u. I agree with u completely. Cool analysis.

2 Likes

Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by tpia5: 4:44pm On May 28, 2013
is the dj saying yahoozey isnt on that list?

op post your so-called list plz, thanks.
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by tpia5: 4:51pm On May 28, 2013
As rranked by an org in US(Bizzbook) the most popular and most played African songs at weddings, "no one like you"(pquare), "African queen"(the bald guy).

never heard of this bizzbook, but african queen isnt the only song played at weddings.

they also play psquare's song too, whichever is his most popular song, dont know the name, maybe its the one you mentioned.
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 28, 2013
The Baba deserves all the accolades he is getting!

1 Like

Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by rashmanovic: 5:02pm On May 28, 2013
style$co:
That song made me realise that music really has a spirit.

Whenever I hear that song, even just reading about it makes me feel so special and proud to be an African and a woman.

2face!! Thank you o jare.

O.Y.O
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by tpia5: 5:06pm On May 28, 2013
i suppose awilo longomba is also not on this so-called list?
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Amuchamsblog(m): 5:25pm On May 28, 2013
I deed Tu-face's african queen is a good on I love it
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Inik(m): 5:40pm On May 28, 2013
Tuface has joined the illuminati undecided
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Umbro01(m): 5:51pm On May 28, 2013
Tubaba all d way!
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by omar22(m): 6:43pm On May 28, 2013
Oliver Twist was a hit all over Europe and I mean Spain to the far end of Georgia

His music is been played in so many language, played in TV sitcoms, AFCON, London Olympic etc 000s buy itune download, one African Queen is reggae which has its own market in the world...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFgzc9ePF2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rUodHYiKf4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF3CVRa3lg0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCQPXFxv8OQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBbz6K5hF0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSIvAidWNg0
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by RAHE3M(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2013
i just listened to the Damia song now from the Kenyan guy...i dont understand the lyrics, but am loving the song already
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 28, 2013
tpia@:

was she the same one who was speaking pidgin when you landed at the kenyan airport?
What are u talking about?.I h never been to Kenya.
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by alanmwene: 8:17pm On May 28, 2013
I beg to differ!
Myriam Makeba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpl8rPQBASU
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 28, 2013
kITA TITA: I would definitely add Sweet Mother by Prince Nico Mbarga

Sweet Mother....an international HIT, played all over Africa, Europe and Carribean! smiley I even heard an Indian Version it last year.
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by shadrach77: 9:16pm On May 28, 2013
Three tracks that should have made the list

1. Wally Badarou - Highlife
2. Magic system - premier gaou
3. Prince nico Mbarga - sweet mother

1 Like

Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by pendusky(m): 9:22pm On May 28, 2013
Ublaize: Those of u that usually rate D bang higher than 2baba why wasn't he listed?
was d artiste listd or their song? smh
Re: 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems by Biolaem: 9:34pm On May 28, 2013
Well i'ld say Styl plus's Olufunmi is close 2 achieving 2 face's African queen feat. As in...everybody could sing d song 4rm a-z.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here's The Lyrics Of Only Me By 2face + Download / Davido: Gbon Gbon (Official Video) / WaYemi Alade - Single And Searching Ft. Falz (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.