Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,926 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Car Engine Thermostat - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Engine Thermostat (1307 Views)

PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant / Is There Any Advantage Of Disconnecting Car Engine Temperature Thermostat? / Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Engine Thermostat by jazz04(m): 12:04pm On May 28, 2013
Can I get one rated 50degrees ?? And in which car All the ones I found are 85degrees and 90...
Thank you..

Re: Car Engine Thermostat by Ikenna351(m): 2:21pm On May 28, 2013
What do you need 50 degree celsius thermostat for? Is like running the engine without cooling system thermostat at all.

85 degree C is much better, even the 90 C is ok, but i would go for 85 C.

Instead of buying that 50 C t-stat, its better you run the car without one. Because the 50 C themostat wont allow the engine to warm up to optimal temperature. It will open seconds after the engine starts running and will remain open till you off the engine. In that case, its useless in that engine,i.e, its not regulating anything.

I can only imagine a country that 50 C thermostat is suited for. It must be the hottest part of the Earth.

Ikenna.
Re: Car Engine Thermostat by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 28, 2013
good day house,

sorry this is a bit off the topic but sure it might have some connections,
please what could be the problem of my Honda accord 2.0 engine,it uses 10L for 54KM on highway and 10L for 22KM within city,the above calculations are with AC on.OR is it normal
I will appreciate helpful advice.
thanks
Re: Car Engine Thermostat by jazz04(m): 8:55pm On May 28, 2013
Ikenna351: What do you need 50 degree celsius thermostat for? Is like running the engine without cooling system thermostat at all.

85 degree C is much better, even the 90 C is ok, but i would go for 85 C.

Instead of buying that 50 C t-stat, its better you run the car without one. Because the 50 C themostat wont allow the engine to warm up to optimal temperature. It will open seconds after the engine starts running and will remain open till you off the engine. In that case, its useless in that engine,i.e, its not regulating anything.

I can only imagine a country that 50 C thermostat is suited for. It must be the hottest part of the Earth.

Ikenna.

Yes sir. I agree. But I need the specified type for a project and nothing related to a car engine. Am beginning to think 50degrees C might be unrealistic in this context.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Murano Mechanic / . / Help My 1998 Camry Had And Head-on Collision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.