Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag (864 Views)

Ag. Igp Arase Restores Officer’s Salary Two Years After Removal From Payroll. / Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] / Merger Of Parties: INEC Gives Green Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag by MusicCafe: 9:07am On May 30, 2013
Taunting Israel, Bashar Assad says in an interview prerecorded for broadcast Thursday night, May 30, that the first batch of Russian S-300 anti-air missiles has arrived in Syria and a second consignment is on the way. Wednesday, May 29, debkafile reported the landing at Latakia of a large Russian transport carrying 60 tons of unidentified freight. This was the first S-300 consignment. Fresh Hizballah forces entering Syria Thursday are heading for Deraa, the rebels’ southern stronghold 30 kilometers from Israel’s Golan border....

source http://www.debka.com/
Re: Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag by Nobody: 9:25am On May 30, 2013
Russian's foreign policy getting stronger
Re: Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag by daylae(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2013
To russia,this is more than just doing business.
Re: Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag by Nobody: 9:55am On May 30, 2013
daylae: To russia,this is more than just doing business.
Couldn't be far from the truth, Russia has a military base in Syria and are eager to for war to test its numerous weapons lying idle and to demonstrate its might
Re: Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag by gbadexy(m): 10:00am On May 30, 2013
I'm following this keenly.
Nice one though. Western allies can't be arming rebel and complain when legitimate government is armed by russia.
I know isreal was aware of the movement of the s300 missiles, I thought they would have made good of their threat of using force to prevent russia supplying syria the missiles.
Re: Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag by BrokenTV: 10:20am On May 30, 2013
The world is full of evil. Instead of channeling our intelligence in producing things that will safe life, we are busy producing highly sophisticated weapons for destroying life. It takes alot of times, years to create something of value and only takes seconds to destroy it. Assad go on keep destroying your country, your may win the fight but won't win the war because nobody is invincible in this life. We are all mortal and will all die one day.

1 Like

Re: Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag by Nobody: 10:38am On May 30, 2013
gbadexy: I'm following this keenly.
Nice one though. Western allies can't be arming rebel and complain when legitimate government is armed by russia.
I know isreal was aware of the movement of the s300 missiles, I thought they would have made good of their threat of using force to prevent russia supplying syria the missiles.
Israel wouldn't try it knowing that Russian forces are in charge of the shippment, not even the Us would.
Re: Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag by kodewrita(m): 1:32pm On May 30, 2013
There nothing new about this though. The Soviets did it during the 73 war. They armed the syrians with SAMs and mobile anti-air missiles. NATO had no response and the israelis had to innovate and develop countermeasures which became the standard for NATO afterwards. I have faith in their ability to negate these modern versions again.
Re: Assad Taunts: First S-300s Are Here, More Coming. Green Light For Golan Fight Ag by SamIkenna: 3:00pm On May 30, 2013
Assad just wasted his money, if and when Israel is ready, those weapons will billow up through the air as smoke and Russia wont do jack about it. Guess what? Russia will be 'angry' by then Assad's payment will be chilling under 20 degrees in Russian bank vaults. Who wins? Russia, who loses? Assad. Folks this game is well known. The world, except Assad and his foot-soldiers, know who will win at the end of the day. Its a shame Arabs wont learn. Sometimes I feel there's no difference between Arabs and Africans.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Boko Haram Releases Video, To Attack More Schools / Jonathan Courts Obasanjo For 2015 / ‘APGA May Not Field Candidate For Anambra poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.