Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 (11574 Views)

What Are Your Favorite Songs Of 2013 By Nigerian Artistes? / Wizkid - Azonto (Video) / Photos From Wizkid Azonto Freestyle Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by IB5(f): 8:14pm On May 30, 2013
Star boy entertainment head and EME singer, Ayo 'Wizkid' Balogun, made it to the top eight non-American summer song of 2013 courtesy of his hit track, 'Azonto'.
According to American entertainment online newspaper, FeedBuzz.com, Wizzy, whose 'Azonto' came 3rd on the chart, is the only African artiste who made the list.
See other songs that made the list.
1. "Blackout" by Wretch 32 feat. Shakka (United Kingdom)
A stripped-down beach house track smothered with beautiful reggae-influenced rapping. It's glorious.

2. "Biglang Liko" by Ron Henley feat. Pow Chavez (Philippines)
Released in January, the track (which translates to "Sudden Turn"wink has fresh synths ideal for summer road trips. The video, however, has a really sick ending.

3. "Azonto" by WizKid (Nigeria)
The title derives from a popular dance movement in West Africa, originating in Ghana. The dance involves traditional African moves like knee bending and hip swaying, combined with wild, complex hand movements that supposedly mimic everyday activities.
Watch video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grPJ8DemVrE

4. "This Love" by Shinhwa (South Korea)
The song talks about the fragility of true love, which goes along with the slow piano at the beginning and ending. It also features a lot of voguing in its choreography, a rarity in boy band territory.

5. "Invader Invader" by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (Japan)
The eternal 12-year-old who brought you the masterpiece called "PonPonPon" releases her latest single, which is currently at #3 in Billboard's Japan Hot 100.

6. "This Is What It Feels Like" by Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie (Netherlands)
Bringing the beauty of trance music to the beach houses this season. The special appearance of Ron Jeremy in the video should not be missed.

7. "Big Banana" by Havana Brown feat. R3hab and Prophet (Australia)
Not-so-subtle lyrics aside, the synth hooks from this track is beach-party-worthy.

8. "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams (France)
Sure, the track features an American artist, but not including this French EDM duo in this list would be like not putting on sunscreen before heading to the beach

http://allafrica.com/stories/201305300843.html/?secid=10063

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by aminho(m): 8:19pm On May 30, 2013
He has the full backing of the federal government and we shall reward him for his hard work
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by IB5(f): 8:20pm On May 30, 2013
This kid man tongue is gradually taking over from dem Koko master and 2baba cool

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by IB5(f): 8:25pm On May 30, 2013
aminho: Its just becus of jonathan

shocked you have been smoking lately undecided wetin bring Jona come this one?

The guy worked for his success jor, and thanks to garri Ijebu too cool . He is an Ijebu boy that cannot do without garri. cool
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 30, 2013
isi aki

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 30, 2013
yes wizzy cool cool
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Nobody: 7:14am On May 31, 2013
R2bees: isi aki
I had to ask my roommate what these meant Lol

cheesy cheesy
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by temmytboi(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2013
Wizkid is in a Vexing mode!! Arguably The Best African Musician right now!!
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 31, 2013
Apart from all those fake and non existing magazines, another source pls undecided
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by daviide: 1:08pm On May 31, 2013
Wizzy #boss.. Yaga baby!! grin
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by kingingkinging: 1:08pm On May 31, 2013
Wizkid is really going places.

Good face;
Good voice;
Good carriage;

Perfect blend of everything
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by airmark(m): 1:11pm On May 31, 2013
U dey make me dance Azonto..
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 31, 2013
Omo, dis bwoi is going places. . .BIG UPs man!
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by tellwisdom: 1:14pm On May 31, 2013
summer songs??...wetin that one mean?? sad
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by timpaker(m): 1:21pm On May 31, 2013
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by akinzyakin(m): 1:24pm On May 31, 2013
tellwisdom: summer songs??...wetin that one mean?? sad
na d sum up of al d songs 4 d world lipsrsealed
na d sum up of al d songs 4 d world

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by WizPrince1(m): 1:25pm On May 31, 2013
I thought people were saying Wizkid is a small boy singing small boys songs but see where he has taken Nigeria to. Abeg Wizzy, u 2 much!
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by akinzyakin(m): 1:25pm On May 31, 2013
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Paschal007: 1:28pm On May 31, 2013
What kinda list is this? The gnamgnam style guy (hope i got the spelling right) didn't make it fa?

Kudos to wizzy sha.
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 31, 2013
its a summer time when the weather is bright
you got women you got women on your mind

#singing -shaggy
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by double08(m): 1:30pm On May 31, 2013
Wiz Kid just collect food from that poor Ghanian boy hand....I hope he will pay him royalty for it angry

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 31, 2013
This is a 'Best of the rest' list

No A-listers on the list...

Only a mediocre person would celebrate inclusion in such a list-I'm sure Wizkid himself won't undecided
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Inik(m): 1:31pm On May 31, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
I thought people were saying Wizkid is a small boy singing small boys songs but see where he has taken Nigeria to. Abeg Wizzy, u 2 much!
How and where has he taken Nigeria to
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Koolking(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2013
I-B.:
3. "Azonto" by WizKid (Nigeria)
The title derives from a popular dance movement in West Africa, originating in Ghana. The dance involves traditional African moves like knee bending and hip swaying, combined with wild, complex hand movements that supposedly mimic everyday activities.

You are kidding right?? Plagiary given recognition? Nigeria is full of jokers and worst colonialists. I keep saying, NCC (Nigerian Copyright Commission) is a joke. Their hypocrisy of fighting piracy is one of the most confused moves I have ever seen/heard. Fighting to protect pirated materials from being pirated...they are jokers. I wont be surprised if the Psquare garnished Azonto (Alingo) is recognised for creativity. Why is originality lacking among Nigeria's pseudo-artistes? Awww! they are pseudo...that's the word.

Let Nigerians continue to delude themselves that these guys got talent. Thank goodness I am never a fan to noise rubbish in the name of music

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Krasid(m): 1:34pm On May 31, 2013
Paschal007: What kinda list is this? The gnamgnam style guy (hope i got the spelling right) didn't make it fa?

Kudos to wizzy sha.
Na you sing that one oo.grin
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 31, 2013
dnt even knw most of dose songs there.. xo why azonto no go com 3rd...
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by 50calibre(m): 1:40pm On May 31, 2013
I just watched this music, and while i agree its a dance tune with nice beats, I must say its meaningless. Removing the vocals and just leaving the beats would suffice.

People like nonsense, just look at songs like Oliver Twist or gangnam style
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by karpentar: 1:41pm On May 31, 2013
R2bees: isi aki

what is isi aki?
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by karpentar: 1:42pm On May 31, 2013

Yeah. Jonathan for 2015
Re: Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 31, 2013
Na GEJ cause am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Sang This Song ? / DOWNLOAD: Kabex Ft. Diamond Jimma – Ilekun Ayo / Blacky Mighty – Small Boy Big God Ft. G.brown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.