Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,275 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation - Agriculture (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation (240175 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Invest In Oil Palm Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 3:39am On Aug 19, 2018
"When you leverage on the experience of the professionals,success is guaranteed" whatsapp +2348035645516
Mosilar:
please i still need suggestions
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 11:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
Oil palm planting season is over, the only way out now is for any prospective investors who has the plan of going into oil palm plantation, Is to buy sprouted seeds from the RIGHT SOURCE (NIFOR) Nurse them for seven months. For more information please contact 08051238707.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by WinnieOlive: 7:55am On Sep 27, 2018
pryncipal:
Oil palm planting season is over, the only way out now is for any prospective investors who has the plan of going into oil palm plantation, Is to buy sprouted seeds from the RIGHT SOURCE (NIFOR) Nurse them for seven months. For more information please contact 08051238707.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 12:02am On Sep 28, 2018
"When you leverage on the experience of the professionals,success is guaranteed"

whatsapp +2348035645516
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2018
Hello house,
My sincere appreciation to those that have contacted me for one or two advise(s) and consultation. I say thank you for the trust.
To the general potentials on this agribusiness especially the beginners, the best time to start land preparation(felling of trees) is from now till eary February.
For those that are looking for feasibility studies, I can prepare comprehensive one for you or you get it from any other source but from experience "not all feasibility studies are feasible".
I salute the ideas shared on this thread and also appreciate the brains of some contributors.
Again for consultation and advice on this agribusiness
Contact me on tjadeniyi@gmail.com or 08035645516 (SMS only)
Service charge applied
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 8:23pm On Jan 07, 2019
Happy new year to all, I like to first and foremost appreciate every contributor to this section in the years gone by. For those prospective farmers this is the period of land preparation clearing etc, Those that are planning to use heavy duty machines should consider the soil aeration ,Also if you are doing more than 50 Acres it advisable to to analyze the soil to ascertain the suitability of your land for oil palm, We should not forget to put in perspective quality of products you are buying, It will be effort in futility if your palms are sterile Buy from the right source.In my next discurssion I will educate us on how to identify genuine seeds and seedlings from fake. For those that have already purchased nuts for their nursery try to minimize evarporation if water is in limited quantities ....For a comprehensive business proposal on oil palm plantation...(Everything) 08051238707
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tanp: 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
Pls how much is npk fertilizer per bag
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by KEMIBLOG: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
I have life catfish for sale ..its up to 200 pieces and I have sizes you can also smoke ..
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 10:34am On Feb 19, 2019
tanp:
Pls how much is npk fertilizer per bag.
This may be coming a bit late. 50kg is between 8000 - 9000.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by propsvila: 2:51am On Feb 22, 2019
Please how can I get a cheap Land for farming in Delta State.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Cation(m): 9:38am On Mar 03, 2019
Data is oxygen, check my signature for cheap MTN data.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by FlutterDollar99(m): 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
okine4real:
I have been hearing lots of people, talking about different types of Agricultural produce they can plant or would want to plant, But what i have not seen on these forum is for someone to really come out and tell us, all the stress, difficulties, ups and down he/she went through before setting up there plantation.

I want to start by saying i have managed to secure mine self 13 plots of land. Each plot is a 100 by 100 feet. i want to start up an oil palm plantation. I have been able to buy 1755 oil palm Nursery from NIFOR. My story goes like these.......

Each oil palm nursery cost 150 Naira
Loading of each oil palm Nursery inside the vehicle is 20 Naira each
I paid 50,000 to convey the goods from IMO state to Ibusa Delta state.

On getting to the farm, the vehicle could not get to ibusa on time, the vehicle got to ibusa around 9.30pm. So the vehicle had to park in the house for the night. The next morning the journey to the farm began around 6.30Am, on getting to the entrance of the farm, the vehicle could not go in, because of poor road network. The vehicle managed to drive in but as the vehicle drove in, some sticks punctured one tire. So we had to off load the hold oil palm nursery on the ground. So we hard to go hire a pick up van. The van owner charged us 6,000 to convey the nursery to a location closer to mine own farm because there are other people farm in front of mine farm. now after that, i had to call the Hausa boys to use there wheelbarrow to convey the nursery to the farm, they charged 24,000. na wa ohhhh

Now the next stage is for me to plant. My mum's brother did one of these Agricultural causes is school, so he is a professional when planting oil palms.

We used a spacing is 8.7feet. you heard me clear, 8.7 feet. while they where doing the measurement, you know when planting oil palm, you have to do pegging, some hard roots was sitting on the sport where he was suppose to plant the oil palm, there was so much roots on the ground, we called the Hausa people again, they charged me 30,000 to uproot all the hard roots. so work continued. As am specking now, they have finished planting the 1755 oil palms. They would be buying more 200 palms because its like the land is more bigger than with i was told.

While am putting these here is for the new people that wants to go into farming. People, if you must go into farming, you must have money..... The more you go into it, the more unforeseen issues comes, and if you don't have cash to solve the issue immediately, your work would be suspended.

Also it does not end in just planting, there are still lots of things to be done before the said three years when you would starting harvesting.

So far so good, i have don't lots of mistakes in setting up mine oil palm plantation. If i have read some post that advices one on NL about setting up Oil palm plantation, i would not have made these silly mistakes.

if you are setting up an oil palm plantation.

Never you buy expensive lands.
Buy from NIFOR in your State not from outside your state
Let there me good motor able rood, so the vehicle conveying the palms can go into your land direct.
Make sure there is know roots in the ground that would disturb when planting

I would update later when more things comes into mine head
I wanted to know how to grow a palm kernel from seedling stage
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2019
FlutterDollar99:
I wanted to know how to grow a palm kernel from seedling stage.
Oil palm plantation is capital intensive, first you must have a good land that is accessible to vehicle,.Depending on what you want to start with, You can start with 500 but buy quality planning material from NIFOR( not agent) You can decide to raise the nursery yourself or buy the one that are ready for planting. If you are doing more than 5 hectare I advised you do soil analysis to determine the suitability of your land for oil palm plantation,. Having done all of the above, You will mark your plot, the essence of this is to determine the diameter of your palms. I don't subscribe to using heavy machinery during clearing this I have explain before in my earlier write up. From here on you do your planting ...All things being equal your crops will start to produce b/w 30-38 months of planting ie if Properly cared for.....
The procedure is.. as follows
Get your seeds plant them into Polly bags for 6/7 months.
You can order for NIFOR hand book for details explanation... or contact me for details 08051238707..Hope this will help.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by FlutterDollar99(m): 10:13am On Apr 06, 2019
pryncipal:
Oil palm plantation is capital intensive, first you must have a good land that is accessible to vehicle,.Depending on what you want to begin, you can start with 500 but buy quality planning material from NIFOR( not agent) You can decide to raise the nursery yourself or buy the one that are ready for planting. If you are doing more than 5 hectare I advised you do soil analysis to determine the suitability of your land for oil palm plantation,. Having done all of the above, You will mark your plot, the essence of this is to determine the diameter of your palms. I don't subscribe to using heavy machinery during clearing this I have explain before in my earlier write up. From here on you do your planting ...All things being equal your crops will start to produce b/w 30-38 months of planting ie if Properly cared for.....
The procedure is.. as follows
Get your seeds plant them into Polly bags for 6/7 months.
You can order for NIFOR hand book for details explanation... or contact me for details 08051238707..Hope this will help.
wow 7 months. Thanks tho
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2019
Interested in oil palm and coconut seedlings. Contact this number 08051238707...
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Ken4agent(m): 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
pryncipal:
I have address this issue before, NIFOR has no partner, any body Posing as an agent to NIFOR is fake, NIFOR has outlets spread across the country for easy access, if you are interested in good quality sprouted seeds your best bet is NIFOR, I can help any interested buyer.

Pls how do I get a yr old Tenera nursery here in Ibadan?? Does NIFOR has any outlet in Ibadan?? If yes pls where in Ibadan??
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 8:54am On Apr 15, 2019
Ken4agent:

Pls how do I get a yr old Tenera nursery here in Ibadan?? Does NIFOR has any outlet in Ibadan?? If yes pls where in Ibadan??.
Presently does not have an outlet in Ibadan ..There's one in the south west......
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ken4agent:

Pls how do I get a yr old Tenera nursery here in Ibadan?? Does NIFOR has any outlet in Ibadan?? If yes pls where in Ibadan??
As answered. NIFOR has no outlet (s) in Ibadan but you can make enquiries at OYSADEP, NIHORT, FRIN or Moore Plantation. Check these government establishments not individuals (not even the staff of these estabs). Better still find your way to NIFOR Benin City, Edo State.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Ken4agent(m): 11:57pm On Apr 16, 2019
tjadeniyi:

As answered. NIFOR has no outlet (s) in Ibadan but you can make enquiries at OYSADEP, NIHORT, FRIN or Moore Plantation. Check these government establishments not individuals (not even the staff of these estabs). Better still find your way to NIFOR Benin City, Edo State.

Really appreciate yur feedback
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 21, 2019
Foreign buyers available to buy the following:

Palm oil, Red oil
Cocoa
Chestnut
Chestnut Oil
Sugarcane
Onions
Cassava
Cow Horns
Timber
Cow Skin;fresh pomo

Other Non-Agro products needed includes:
Gas; liquids cooking gas
Charcoals
Cow Horns

Suppliers should call 08162504225 for linkup

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Dinvictus: 1:37pm On May 22, 2019
Acres of Land with Matured Oil Palm trees for Sale in Imo State. Pls call 08170406903 for enquiries and negotiations.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by courage89(m): 11:53pm On May 22, 2019
Interesting read, very educating. Thanks guys
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Uchecrist: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
I just acquire a acres of land in ogbomoso planning to go into the oil plantation..but i could not get a place to get the seedling..i was learnt tenera is the best nursery seed..please any body in oyo state where can i get to buy either in ibadan ogbomoso or ilorin does are the place closer to my place

Check with PRESCO plc, they are selling best seedlings. but they had limited stocks.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Uchecrist: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
tjadeniyi:

Check with Presco Plc , they are selling. Couple of my friend's bought from them this year ..
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2019
High quality hybrid Coconut dwaft seedlings and Technically proven Tenera high yielding oil palm seeds/ seedlings available for sale ...Interested buyers should please contact me on my phone no. 08051238707.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by THMT: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
pryncipal:
Interested in oil palm and coconut seedlings. Contact this number 08051238707...

Very urgent. I need red Palm oil to be exported from Nigeria to North African countries.
100 tons per month for a year contract so the oil mill or company must gurantee delivery and have capacity to deliver nothing less than 100 tons monthly.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
THMT:

Very urgent. I need red Palm oil to be exported from Nigeria to North African countries.
100 tons per month for a year contract so the oil mill or company must gurantee delivery and have capacity to deliver nothing less than 100 tons monthly. .
..........As discussed..

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Ezeromeoil01(m): 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2019
YOU SURE
pryncipal:
..........As discussed..

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.