Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation (240582 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Invest In Oil Palm Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2013
More pix

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pix

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2013
Am finding hard to upload. I wil upload wen I get back. Network is limited in d villa
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pix

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
Just 3months old

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pi

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
hello friends,i just came back. farm work no easy oooh. i was able to weed around each palm in circle and spare herbicides, with the help of hired labour. some palms grew well , other perform poorly. i had to apply a little fertilizers to the ones performing poorly. i was not able to snap pictures , due to technical issues i had with the camera i took home. i promise to upload some pictures as soon as i can.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by okine4real: 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
Magnum am impress.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by PapaBrowne(m): 5:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
okine4real: Magnum am impress.

Okine4real. You have motivated many to get in on oil Palm plantations. Excellent. Very Impressive.

I have a plan I will state here in a few days.

2 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Victorjerry68: 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
Rabbit farming is very lucrative and very economical tips on how to start
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by okine4real: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
Today I want to talk about the different levels of palm oil after your extraction process.

In some area where oil extraction process is done manually.
The oil is first cooked, Then its then poured into a machines that separate the kernel from the fiber. Now after this stage the kernel and the fiber is then poured into a machine called presser (if I get the name correct) Now once the kernel and the fiber is poured into the presser, without you applying pressure on the presser, palm oil automatically starts coming out. From this process depending on the quantity of kernel and fiber poured into the presser, you might get up to 100 liters oil from this process

The second oil is when you, apply pressure on the presser. After apply pressure, you get your second oil.

The third oil is gotten by the following process. You separate the fiber from the kernel. Wrap the fiber with a sack so that air cant penetrate, once that is done, leave keep for 24 hours. After 24 hours take the fiber back to the presser, and apply pressure again, another round of oil would be gotten.
At these level you have gotten three level of oil. Now take the second and third oil, mix them together, pour them in a very big pot. Then start to cook the oil again, once you are done cooking, allow the oil to warm…… at these level the oil would float on top while water would be below, so what you do now is, you start scoping the oil, till you are done removing the oil.
Note: The first oil is the best…. Don’t mix the first oil with the second and third oil.. Even if you keep the first oil for 5 years, the oil would not solidify, it would forever be in a liquid form and it would not smell.
But the combination of the second and third oil would solidify over time, and might be prone to smell because there would always be water in the oil.
Also the first oil is more expensive than second and third oil when combined. But Most people selling oil sell combination of second and third oil the same price as the first oil, But only if you are into oil business you would not be able to differentiate between the different levels of oil.
But These level of oil might be gotten only if you extract oil through the method I mentioned above.
So for those of us, that wants to go into selling of oil, be sure of the level of oil, you are given…
For those of us that has plantation already, by the time your plantation is matured and you have started milling oil, think you should know that there are different levels of oil and also, you need to know that the first oil is always more expensive.

Would update again soonest.

Regards

9 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
Victorjerry68: Rabbit farming is very lucrative and very economical tips on how to start

Why not start a new thread and teach us all we need to know

2 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by hotmas911(m): 6:32am On Aug 07, 2013
another 10 acres going for 50k
per acre in Ogbomoso. Hurry!
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 9:16am On Aug 08, 2013
@okine4real thanks for the insight. My questions is hw can one get all the machines needed for processing palm fruits to palm oil? And where can these machines be gotten? Thank you.
okine4real: Today I want to talk about the different levels of palm oil after your extraction process.

In some area where oil extraction process is done manually.
The oil is first cooked, Then its then poured into a machines that separate the kernel from the fiber. Now after this stage the kernel and the fiber is then poured into a machine called presser (if I get the name correct) Now once the kernel and the fiber is poured into the presser, without you applying pressure on the presser, palm oil automatically starts coming out. From this process depending on the quantity of kernel and fiber poured into the presser, you might get up to 100 liters oil from this process

The second oil is when you, apply pressure on the presser. After apply pressure, you get your second oil.

The third oil is gotten by the following process. You separate the fiber from the kernel. Wrap the fiber with a sack so that air cant penetrate, once that is done, leave keep for 24 hours. After 24 hours take the fiber back to the presser, and apply pressure again, another round of oil would be gotten.
At these level you have gotten three level of oil. Now take the second and third oil, mix them together, pour them in a very big pot. Then start to cook the oil again, once you are done cooking, allow the oil to warm…… at these level the oil would float on top while water would be below, so what you do now is, you start scoping the oil, till you are done removing the oil.
Note: The first oil is the best…. Don’t mix the first oil with the second and third oil.. Even if you keep the first oil for 5 years, the oil would not solidify, it would forever be in a liquid form and it would not smell.
But the combination of the second and third oil would solidify over time, and might be prone to smell because there would always be water in the oil.
Also the first oil is more expensive than second and third oil when combined. But Most people selling oil sell combination of second and third oil the same price as the first oil, But only if you are into oil business you would not be able to differentiate between the different levels of oil.
But These level of oil might be gotten only if you extract oil through the method I mentioned above.
So for those of us, that wants to go into selling of oil, be sure of the level of oil, you are given…
For those of us that has plantation already, by the time your plantation is matured and you have started milling oil, think you should know that there are different levels of oil and also, you need to know that the first oil is always more expensive.

Would update again soonest.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by okine4real: 9:50am On Aug 08, 2013
@MAGNUM if you search online its all available there. But if you want the local fabricated once, i was told you can get them in Onisha State and may be Imo State. But am sure you would get them in the east.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by kunlekunle: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
MANGAM: @okine4real thanks for the insight. My questions is hw can one get all the machines needed for processing palm fruits to palm oil? And where can these machines be gotten? Thank you.

check NIFOR's site

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2013
kunlekunle:

check NIFOR's site
thanks man
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by okine4real: 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
The last time i was in The Villa, I bought some palm from an Institute near by. Although, the institute does not plant the palms, its just a local Man that plants the Tenera Oil plam in his House and bring them to the institute for them to be sold. He sells his for 200 Naira. I would advice anybody from Ondo Up to Eastern part of the country to buy from this man, my reasons are as follows.

1. His palm are always about eight months old when he would sell to you, but the once NIFOR sells is about 1 Month old.

2. Since the palm are about eight months old, you do not need to secure the palms with collars any more because the palms are already matured. in other word, grass cutter would not attack your palms.

3. If you buy palms from NIFOR, because NIFOR has lots of client always coming to buy their palm, They do not have time to nurture the palms for a longer period, But the man am talking about does not have that kind of customer base that NIFOR has, so his oil palm spends more months in his garden.

I was told By the Man that a Nairalander has already bought from him.

His name is Mr. Celestine his Phone No is 08037380506. he leaves in Ibusa.

I recommend him if you want to buy oil palm.

2 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
@okine4real, is been a while. Hw ar ur palms?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by hotmas911(m): 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
250 acres of land flowing with
milk and honey. ; 60k per acre.
Minimum purchases is 10
acres. 08060318769.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
lets keep this trend alive.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 3:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yes guys we ve to keep this trend alive. As for me I wil try and post and comment anytime I ve d chance.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pls guys do anybody in the house grow dates palm trees? Am trying to sprout about 40 dates palms to add to my oil palm plantation.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by chariiks(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
pls does anyone knws anything about wheat farming
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by dollz(f): 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2013

PALM OIL FROM IMO IS 300 PER LITRE

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hello guys, am in my farm and am staying for a week to apply NPK fertilizer to d young oil palm in the nursery stage.wil upload pixs 2moro.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
Morning guys, am presently applying NPK fertilizer to my young palm at d nursery. Here are some pixs

2 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hi guys, I just finished applying the NPK to the palms. Good nite pals
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
MANGAM: Hi guys, I just finished applying the NPK to the palms. Good nite pals
good. well done keep it up.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks for the encouragement.
felixzo1: good. well done keep it up.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by anienge001: 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
MANGAM: Morning guys, am presently applying NPK fertilizer to my young palm at d nursery. Here are some pixs

If that is you in that pix applying fertilizer, I am impressed and all I can say is 'keep it up and stay focus in whatever U do'.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
anienge001:

If that is you in that pix applying fertilizer, I am impressed and all I can say is 'keep it up and stay focus in whatever U do'.
I really appreciate ur comment and I won't lose focus. Am not the 1 in d pix above but see me below

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.