Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,213 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:22 PM

2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo (2154 Views)

Buhari & Ojukwu Protesting Against Obasanjo's Govt (throwback Pic) / Jonathan Moves Property From Aso Rock, Plans Global Shuttle,to Write Book / Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by supereagle(m): 5:53am On Jun 01, 2013
Six years after Olusegun Obasanjo left office, the federal government is set to probe his tenure. The move by the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan to make Obasanjo account for his conduct in office from 1999 to 2007 may be connected with the former leader’s constant criticisms of the current regime’s performance in the last two years.

Only on Wednesday during the Democracy Day celebration, Obasanjo was absent at the ceremony in Abuja. Instead, he was in Dutse, the Jigawa State capital, where he declared that Governor Sule Lamido could do what Jonathan had failed to do as a leader since he was elected.

LEADERSHIP WEEKEND learnt that, as part of efforts to ensure that Jonathan secure the PDP presidential ticket in 2015, he is set to show Nigerians that the hands of his sworn critics are, after all, not clean.

Top among those the Jonathan plans to expose, especially their alleged misdeeds in office, are Obasanjo and his cronies.

Although a presidency official denied the alleged move by Jonathan to probe Obasanjo, LEADERSHIP WEEKEND reliably gathered that there was no going back in the presidency’s resolve to review the books of the Obasanjo presidency.

It was also learnt that Obasanjo’s endorsement of Governor Lamido for the next presidential race was considered as an open confrontation with the government and “one attack too many”.

Some of Obasanjo’s loyalists, who commented on the issue last night, dismissed it, saying that Aso Rock knows that the former president has nothing to hide.

Also, top members of the PDP caucus in the south-west ruled out the possibility of the presidency embarking on such “fruitless adventure”.

Obasanjo and the incumbent President Jonathan have been having a running battle for the control of the soul of the PDP in recent times, with the Abeokuta-born soldier-turned-politician casting aspersions on the leadership style of Jonathan.

A member of the dissolved Olusegun Oni-led zonal executive committee of the PDP in the south-west said since Jonathan had not declared his intention to seek re-election it was not likely that he would be wasting his time chasing perceived enemies.

He stated that if the move was true it would be counter-productive because neither the president nor the PDP would benefit from it.

“Even though nothing like that has come to our notice, the president has not told us so. I know the president won’t do such a thing; it will be counter-productive to the interest of the party in the south -west and even to the re-election ambition of the president in 2015,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/010613/2015-jonathan-moves-against-obasanjo
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by automaticcarzz: 6:29am On Jun 01, 2013
Jonathan, it's high time you probed Obasanjo, Anehni, and a lot of others. Regardless of your arm twisting, you are going in 2015. You were not prepared for this job. You are cursed!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Dawdy(m): 7:02am On Jun 01, 2013
PDP wants to expose itself. Good for Nigerians anyway.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 01, 2013
Let GEJ probe Obasanjo and see the wonder of the lord on how much Baba has ''Sanjo'' (Delivered) !!!

GEJ would not wanna use sandpaper clean Nyansh na ....Probe kwa !!!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 01, 2013
our clueless president.......
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Gbawe: 7:05am On Jun 01, 2013
automaticcarzz: Jonathan, it's high time you probed Obasanjo, Anehni, and a lot of others. Regardless of your arm twisting, you are going in 2015. You were not prepared for this job. You are cursed!

This is 100% the truth for unemotional folks. Tragic how everything Mr.President does today is, first and foremost, tainted with political opportunism. In a nation of politically sophisticated people it would be impossible for citizens not to come to the very obvious conclusions. I.e GEJ cannot help but mess up because he is a highly mediocre mind placed damagingly above his station same as a carpenter, if he does not have the moral decency to reject it, will virtually kill everything and everyone if appointed to be a neurological surgeon.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by otokx(m): 7:18am On Jun 01, 2013
GEJ should not probe OBJ yet till after 2015.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by ogb5(m): 7:56am On Jun 01, 2013
believe this story, you believe anything.

pdp probe pdp, fg probe fg.

impossicant

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by iwanchop(m): 7:58am On Jun 01, 2013
Atari ajanaku...
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by EkoAtlantic: 8:10am On Jun 01, 2013
I dey here dey watch, wetin concern me for this kind matter between ota farmer and otueke zoologist?! It's in the best interest of Nigerians though.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Tolexander: 8:22am On Jun 01, 2013
[size=20pt]I dey laff o![/size]
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 01, 2013
automaticcarzz: Jonathan, it's high time you probed Obasanjo, Anehni, and a lot of others. Regardless of your arm twisting, you are going in 2015. You were not prepared for this job. You are cursed!

As sarcastic as this may sound, this is a rare truth.

However, op! Jona is a christian plus a child of God and the bible says; God will curse those who curse his children and bless those who blesses them as well hmm... Your guess is as good as mine.

So, it'd be better and good for you if you start blessing him and not curse.

You hear...

God bless Nigeria!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 01, 2013
Each time I see Leadership Newspaper as source of news, I pass. I am passing this one too. But let me add that there will be no Primaries in PDP this time, cos GEJ will emerge as a Consensus candidate because of his excellent performances.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 01, 2013
These is how the gigantic Titanic ''PDP'' is going to sink. Let me stay glued to my sit, and watch the storey unfolds
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by killuminati(m): 8:36am On Jun 01, 2013
Gej the Cluesless-Retardeen is obviously high off Opium this weekend! Na wetin di high-grade igboh and ogogoro tell to do dis tym dis?

*i dey laff in OBJ's mode*s
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 01, 2013
Let's hope the bumbling god son has found enough gumption to look Don Carpone in the eye, and stick it to him.

Forget what they say about those who come to equity...it will be good for Nigeria if this fight between two nefarious individuals can be prosecuted to a logical end cheesy

Obasanjo lived in fear of arrest under Yar’Adua – El-Rufai

According to el-Rufai, it was not long in the administration of Yar’Adua when it became very clear to the Otta chicken farmer that Yar’Adua would be his own man when the late president revolted against him and reversed virtually everything he did.

The former minister added that all through the period late Yar’Adua was in power, Chief Obasanjo lived in fear of arrest as Yar’Adua was investigating him and would have promptly arrested him.

Obasanjo to Jonathan: I’m not afraid of probe

Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday challenged the Federal Government to probe his eight-year administration instead of descending on his cabinet members.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 01, 2013
Gonzo journalists at work.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by superior1: 8:44am On Jun 01, 2013
Jona is like the Igbo proverbial bird that got overfed and challenged his CHI into a contest. I doubt this story though, Jona cant be this clueless.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Kelvindwaplord(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm........nawa oo....GEJ vs obj ......buh i think is high time people stop obasanjo from choosing presidents for nigeria.... Now he wants to choose 'sule lamido' , who da heck is sule lamido What has he done for his state to warrant him being the president
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by fkaz(m): 8:53am On Jun 01, 2013
Definitely it will be a fruitless Adventure for him
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by alaoeri: 8:56am On Jun 01, 2013
Kelvindwaplord: Hmmmmmmmm........nawa oo....GEJ vs obj ......buh i think is high time people stop obasanjo from choosing presidents for nigeria.... Now he wants to choose 'sule lamido' , who da heck is sule lamido What has he done for his state to warrant him being the president
What does the otueke fisherman do for Bayelsa before OBJ backs him for presidency.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:59am On Jun 01, 2013
No news here, only hear say. angry
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by OVERCONFIDENCE(m): 9:06am On Jun 01, 2013
this country is not sick at all.
we are very okay.
and only God will help us to fall sick.
happy nu monthe yu all!
@@@ OVERCONFIDENCE IN THE BUILDING @@@
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by ziccoit: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2013
This is a good news and victory for the common citizens of this country. This will ultimately translate to;

PDP- Sule Lamido/ Amaechi

APC- Buhari/Okorocha

I want to see where my people from SE/SS would file up comes 2015

It has never been this sweat. Lolala.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by IGBOSON1: 9:12am On Jun 01, 2013

^^^Jonathan is going nowhere! If you can't live with that fact you can emigrate!

Cheers. smiley

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 01, 2013
Billyonaire: Each time I see Leadership Newspaper as source of news, I pass. I am passing this one too. But let me add that there will be no Primaries in PDP this time, cos GEJ will emerge as a Consensus candidate because of his excellent performances.
Offcourse,just like the Saharareporters. They are all Opposition news paper abi? What is excellent about the fisherman's performance? Nigeria is still as bleeped up as ever. Power is Zero, Security went aweful, Infastructures; which Road has the guy constructed? Lagos Ibadan Road still as bad. Niger Bridge will only exist in paper. Please don't insult our sensibilities cos you are tribally blinded. JONATHAN EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE ONLY EXIST IN YOUR DREAMS.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Jonathan is going nowhere! If you can't live with that fact you can emigrate!

Cheers. smiley
Emigrate him
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nogen: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2013
ziccoit: This is a good news and victory for the common citizens of this country. This will ultimately translate to;

PDP- Sule Lamido/ Amaechi

APC- Buhari/Okorocha

I want to see where my people from SE/SS would file up comes 2015

It has never been this sweat. Lolala.

Dream on!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by EkoAtlantic: 9:45am On Jun 01, 2013
Hulala... I like this

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 01, 2013
Newsss, Falsehood !!!

''a source close to a source stated''

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves Against Obasanjo by takedat(m): 10:00am On Jun 01, 2013
I would have loved this to be true but Can someone who has benefited, in no small measure from the looters' spoils probe another of corruption? You can never fight corruption with soiled hands. The same GEJ who through his Attorney General asked the court to quash the request of an anti-corruption NGO who through the court asked that the Okigbo report indicting IBB be made public! The past and present presidents of Nigeria have dossiers on each other so they can't probe each other!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Lagos State Declared June 12 As Public Holiday? / Unrest In Bodija Market: Hausa Traders Stock Arms In Mosque ,ready For Showdown / Gideon Orkar Coup Speech ---- What Has Changed Since Then??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.