Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June (59290 Views)

Dr Zakir Naik At National Stadium Surulere Sat & Sun June 15th & 16th / Zakir Naik Live In Abuja / Dr Zakir Naik; Who Is He? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by supaeagles(m): 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
Religion is based on faith. Whatever he has to say or rhetoric he tries to spread should not shake your faith or belief.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Afam4eva(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
I just googled him. I see almost everytime on MITV preaching.
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
careytommy:
why do moslems like to cleave their essence to christianity even though the difference between them is as clear as night and day
we christians detest islam in its entirety. di not pretend to be like us. WE ARE NOT SIMILAR!

Thank you for speaking on my behalf. We are not similar at all!

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Ramtzy: 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
But why are Christians so intolerant? yet they accuse Muslim of same...

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by moscobabs(m): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
A medical doctor by professional training, Dr ZakirNaik is renowned as a dynamic international orator on Islam and Comparative Religion. Dr Zakir Naik is the president of Islamic Research Foundation, Mumbai. Dr Zakir clarifies Islamic viewpoints and clears misconceptions about Islam, using the Qur’an, authentic Hadith and other religious Scriptures as a basis, in conjunction with reason, logic and scientific facts. He is 47 years old.

He is popular for his critical analysis and convincing answers to challenging questions posed by audiences after his public talks. In the last 17 years (by the year 2013) Dr Zakir Naik has delivered more than 2000 public talks in the U.S.A., Canada, U.K., Italy, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Egypt, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Botswana, Sri Lanka, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Guyana (South America), Trinidad, Mauritius and many other countries, in addition to numerous public talks in India.

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Aizebioje(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
careytommy:
why do moslems like to cleave their essence to christianity even though the difference between them is as clear as night and day
we christians detest islam in its entirety. di not pretend to be like us. WE ARE NOT SIMILAR!
Speak for yourself.
Not all Christians hate the Islam religion. Some of my best friends are Muslims.
You'd be surprised how sane some of these people are as compared to those who call themselves christians

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by creserve: 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
careytommy:
Pls dont generalise,speak only for yourself and perhaps ur household or group.There are christians like me who thru interactions and learning have realized the beauty in Islam!The fact that some miscreants engages in unholy acts does not in any way distort or invalidate the essence of the religion as a religion that preaches peace and goodness just like christianity!My candid advice is for you(and like minded fellows)to take the pains of studying the religion rather than to" detest"what is obviously from God.

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by olaric(m): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
sweetomotayo:
I agree with you! Buh there are also many things in the bible which you do not know !! Attend this lecture to know more about your religion...!

Those who see or define Christianity as a religion are missing the point. Let me also add that when it comes to serving God, you are either hot or cold.  "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Revelation 3:15-16 KJV.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Mintayo(m): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
babyosisi:

For those who don't know this man please watch some of his tapes on youtube
We don't need him in Nigeria,we have enough problems without him
There are no similarities between Christianity and Islam ,all we want is that you practice your religion and allow us to peacefully practice ours

Rightly said!
No similarities whatsoever between islam and christain!
They are two parallel line that can never meet!
They don't even serve the same God-NO SIMILARITIES AT ALL!

This conference is another strategy to decieve the 'Gullible christains'(who believe christain and islam serve the same God)to accept islam since it is simila to christainity...but it is all a lie,deception!
We just want to be left alone,they shld stop attaching islam to christainity!

7 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by mesther96(f): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ramtzy: But why are Christians so intolerant? yet they accuse Muslim of same...
b coz we r tired of gentle xtian brodas being turnd 2 violent extremists!!!

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Kessythegeek(m): 5:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
Please any muslim in the house? Pls i just wanna knw why muslims are prattling about virgins being given to them when the get to heaven...70% of the boko boys claim thats why they freely go on suicide mission without even considering the pay is that what they are taught?? shocked
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Mozehh: 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
moscobabs: A medical doctor by professional training, Dr ZakirNaik is renowned as a dynamic international orator on Islam and Comparative Religion. Dr Zakir Naik is the president of Islamic Research Foundation, Mumbai. Dr Zakir clarifies Islamic viewpoints and clears misconceptions about Islam, using the Qur’an, authentic Hadith and other religious Scriptures as a basis, in conjunction with reason, logic and scientific facts. He is 47 years old.

He is popular for his critical analysis and convincing answers to challenging questions posed by audiences after his public talks. In the last 17 years (by the year 2013) Dr Zakir Naik has delivered more than 2000 public talks in the U.S.A., Canada, U.K., Italy, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Egypt, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Botswana, Sri Lanka, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Guyana (South America), Trinidad, Mauritius and many other countries, in addition to numerous public talks in India.

I just wonder how reasonable, logical and scientifically factual these views are. God help us if we have men living on the surface of the earth and thinking like this:

Apostasy
Naik has said that not all Muslims who convert from Islam should necessarily receive death sentences, but that those who leave Islam and then "propagate the non-Islamic faith and speak against Islam" should be punished with death.

Propagation of other faiths in Islamic states
Naik says that propagation of other religions within an Islamic state is forbidden while he appreciates people of other religions allowing Muslims to freely propagate Islam in their country. Naik explains this by saying that, for example, mathematics teachers must teach that 2+2=4 and not 2+2=3 or 5. Likewise, Naik argues, “regarding building of churches or temples, how can we allow this when their religion is wrong and when their worshipping is wrong?”

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Mintayo(m): 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
klodike:
Can you imagine how dis clown is defining terrorist and terror. Guy I pity you, terrror is terror, no other meaning to dat.

you dnt knw this guy,if you know him,you will knw how misquided he is!
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by jiffylibra: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
sweetomotayo:
I still feel bad for this country when I hear the kind of utterances that come out of the so called "Leaders of tomorrow"! If you don't want to attend why not keep shut and keep that to yourself! There is no compulsion in religion! But this is a public lecture which nobody will crucify you for going or not! What this lecture is all about is the peacecul coexistence of Muslims and Christains. You have your will to yourself. It's only if you go that you'all have the priviledge of asking question from a world renowned scholar in the field of comparative religion. As a non-muslim, I want to assure you that if you go, you will be given first priority to ask questions regarding all the misconceptions you have about Islam and Christianity!
Thanks
I reserve my comment
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Mintayo(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mozehh:

I just wonder how reasonable, logical and scientifically factual these views are. God help us if we have men living on the surface of the earth and thinking like this:

Apostasy
Naik has said that not all Muslims who convert from Islam should necessarily receive death sentences, but that those who leave Islam and then "propagate the non-Islamic faith and speak against Islam" should be punished with death.

Propagation of other faiths in Islamic states
Naik says that propagation of other religions within an Islamic state is forbidden while he appreciates people of other religions allowing Muslims to freely propagate Islam in their country. Naik explains this by saying that, for example, mathematics teachers must teach that 2+2=4 and not 2+2=3 or 5. Likewise, Naik argues, “regarding building of churches or temples, how can we allow this when their religion is wrong and when their worshipping is wrong?”
one word- DECEPTION!
nawa o,can you hear that..and some christainS will be under this man's lectures!
Indirectly,the man is approving 'islamization' of non-muslim countries!
May God have mercy!
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by ATMCARD2(m): 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
smoy: Info from the local organizer that he will be in Abuja on 17, 18 and 19th all at Al-Nur Mosque wuse 2 by NEPA office and from 14th to 16th in Lagos
.Dats Yoruba Mosque abi?But i wan ask a qtn.....Is he cmg 2 kw hw Boko Haram,ACF and NEF r dng?
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Mintayo(m): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2013
golpen: Christians can be falsely and adamantly dogmatic. It's a pity they can't even figure out a simple logic in their religion. It's better for their pastors anyway, because if the christian population should wise up, there's a big deal. And that's why they won't ever dare confront the man in question in a debate. It would mean a havoc on their business.

funny,you are saying this...if you can also apply what you posted above to ur islam too,you will eventually see the truth tooo! Smh.
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by farem: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2013
Are we talking of the SIMILARITIES between CHRISTians and Islamists OR between CHRISTianity and Islam?
Are we talking of the Son of God [the Word (GOD) made flesh]. Christ born of Virgin Mary, who lived a totally blameless life, who died on the Cross of Calvary for the sin of the whole world and resurrected bodily on the third day? The One who ascended to the Heaven and Who is coming back to take the Saints in Rapture?
I am sorry to disappoint you: THERE IS NO ONE SIMILARITY! A little poison in a tank of water pollutes the whole!

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by opeyemi1000(m): 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mowire:
Please speak for yourself.
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by sparkwil(m): 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
sa155693: babyosiosi: u say we don't need Dr. Zakir Naik in Nigeria u say we don't need him to come to Nigeria? I ask you why is that your Christian Missionaries come to our lands to try to deceive people into converting to Christianity using all forms of lies and tricks and deceptions but now that a scholar of Islam is coming to invite u who dont know the truth to the truth u r saying is he is not welcome. It goes to show your double standard. Your Christian missionaries go all over the world to trick people and mislead people and they come to us we have the same right to send our scholars to u the only difference is we don't trick and deceive people as your missionaries do.
one of these days I hope to see him coz I'm yet to see a muslim who has answered some of my pressing questions abt Islam. Pagan meccans worshipped allah and muslims worship d same allah hence I'm forced to believe dat allah is an idol e.g Mohamed's father was Abdullah yet he wasn't a muslim. Muslims talk abt allah being one yet the koran refers to allah as "we" wt deception. As I said before I hope to see a muslim who can clear d air on these issues n many others

1 Like

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by ATMCARD2(m): 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
smoy: I saw the advert of his coming on peace TV today he will be in Abuja on 8th of this month and Lagos on 9th and again on 14th, 15th and 16th. Detail will be coming soon as I have them or any other with update can inform pls.

¨¨¨modified¨¨¨
Dr. Zakir Naik's NIGERIA Tour 2013

Venue- Old Parade Ground Adjacent to Defence Head Quarter, ABUJA.

Date-8th june 2013

topic- Concept Of God in Major World Religions.

Time-11.00am.

***********************/*****

Date-9th of June 2013

Topic- Similarities between Islam and Christianity.
Time-3.30pm.

LAGOS

VENUE-SKY PAVILION, ADEBOLA HOUSE, OPEBI IKEJA, LAGOS...

Date-14th june 2013

Time-3.30pm

Topic-Religion in the Right Perspective.

Lecturer- Fariq Zakir Naik, The Son of Dr. Zakir Naik. smiley

Questions and answers will follow. To be answered by Dr. Zakir Naik...

Date- 15th June 2013

lecturer-Dr. Zakir

Topic- SALAAH AT 10.00am...
Date- 16th June 2013,

Lecturer- Dr. Zakir

Topic- Media and Islam (War or Peace)

This is a unique opportunity not to be missed. For all Muslims and Christians... Pls many are in need of this information and also you will be rewarded by Allah for Sharing this post with your friends and family.

MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH BLESS YOU AS YOU SHARE.(Amin)
.Who is Dr Mallam Zakir Naik?
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by jiffylibra: 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
ATM-CARD:
.Who is Dr Mallam Zakir Naik?
i no know o!
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Mintayo(m): 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
deols: The name Zakir Naik!!

ma sha Allah.

The anti Islamists hear of him and fear.

He sneezes and they catch cold.

God bless this man!

The only reason you don't want to see him is you are afraid of the truth.

The light shall conquer darkness.
It is about time Dr. Zakir Naik.
I will try my best to be there when he arrives in sha Allah. smiley
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Dreal1247: 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mowire:
Please speak for yourself.
He is not speaking for himself. He is speaking for christians. Do you believe in christianity? Where Islams call Christians infidel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

More Photos From Today's Mecca Stampede That Killed At Least 220 People / Muslims Block Highway In Kaduna To Pray, Nigerians React (Photos) / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.