Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria (39609 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by initiate: 9:36am On Jun 03, 2013
Governor Ajimobi in Oyo state is doing wonders

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by homesteady(m): 9:41am On Jun 03, 2013
LIKE seriously!! Oshiomole is on this list and Kwankawso (Kano Gov) is not on this list!! SMH!! What has oshiomole done in benin?? Just improved d place a little and causing a lot of hold-ups everywhere!! My dear!! This oshiomole hype is kinda to much!! Kano state gov is more promising than oshiomole!! He has stayed only 2years in office, but he has performed better than oshiomole 6 years in office!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by naffysa(f): 9:43am On Jun 03, 2013
Gov. Rauf of Osun state

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by BigStar1(m): 9:44am On Jun 03, 2013
To the moderators, I will suggest that this go out as a poll. Lets vote.
As for Lagos and Osun. I totally concur because I witnessed the evidences my self! For others, it is based on dem say

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by talk2s(m): 9:44am On Jun 03, 2013
[quote author=bros856]Well I don't have to critise Governor Akpabio but please remove his name on that list and tell him to go develop Eket and Ibeno that brings much of the revenue which he is spending on his family, inlaws and Anang people only. There is no farm or industry in Akwa Ibom state. Nothing is produced in Akwa Ibom state apart from hotels, bottle water, and pure water. There is no good road in Eket Urban main town(Oil City)for now. Beautification of Eket roundabout is still a promise on the pipeline. All the roads and projects in UYO city stated below which Akpabio use to credit himself were completed by former Governor Victor Attah, they were all there before Akpabio became Governor.
1. E-Library
2. Airport
3. 8 and 4 lanes roads
4. Ibom plaza known as Ibom conection
5. Science park
6. Traffic lights
7. 5 star Hotel(Le meridean)
8. NDDC Rural road projects in all the local govt.
9. 13 percent offshore/onshore oil revenue which Akpabio is spending on his people and wife people now as if other local goverment is not part of Akwa Ibom state.
10. Itam morden Market
His execellency Chief Governor Godwill Akpabio has below list of project to his credit
1. Ikot Ekpene and Abak road Fly over
2. Ikot Ekpene/Abak/Essien Udium/Ibesikpo to UYO roads
3. Beautification of Uyo roundabouts
4. Stadium project ongoing
5. Renovation of selected primary schools class room blocks to empower his brothers and comissioners by contracts
6. Eket/Etinan road project not visible(AIT/Channels news only)
7. Eket city beautification of roustabout not visible(AIT/Channels news only)
8. Rural road contruction in all the local govt claim by Akpabio but done by NDDC in Akwa Ibom State
9. Free education in some schools
10. New Governor's office
11. All others are on awaiting list.[/quote

bros...whatever U call urself, I've read thru this thread with no intention to defend or promote any State Chief Executive eventhough I've been opportuned to travel by road, or visit at least 10 States of this federation, covering atleast 5 out of the six political zones since the begining of this year.

But ur deliberate attempt to muffle truth, mislead, misinform mischievously and destructively has led me to respond to ur lies, half-truths and (at some point) complete falsehood.
Do U mean that Akwa. Ibom former Governor, Victor Attah built de E-library? Dualised Dualised Aka-Nung Udoe Road? Fixed de Street lights? Started and completed de 5star hotels and Ibom Intl Airports with de repair, mantainance, ovahaul and hanger. Facilities?
Do U also mean that Akpabio's administration has not constructed any road in Eket? De first over 70roads in Eket and Oron urban between 2008 and 2011 were constructed where. Or are U refering to de Eket - Ibeno road, a federal road that has been awarded. Contracts. For construction by both de Federal Govt and Mobil several times?
Are U not aware that recently de State Govt had to wade in to compel the contractors to do Their job.
I will advise U to call anyone in Eket, Ibeno, Oron, Ik, Uyo, etc (infact de entire Akwa Ibom) to give U an unbiased and unprejudiced assessment.
I'm not hear to defend Gov Akpabio because, just like U and I, he is not infallible. So learn to be constructive, not destructive in your criticism.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Donchyke39(m): 9:45am On Jun 03, 2013
Oldnyoung:
Akpabio has really performed n deserve a listing for both evil n semblance of good, Let me simplify with these points:
1. Akwa ibom witnessed the highest number of political killings under his watch
2. He is a seasoned election rigger that tolerates no opposition
3. He deserves an award for weakening n eventually splitting d govs forum
4. Has d highest security vote in d country
5. Divides AKS along ethnic lines. A split that causes enmity even at d grassroots
6. Build n refurbish roads using Julius Berger as conduit
7. Award all major contracts to his immediate brothers n d wife's siblings
8. A state where 90% of the citizens are hungry n very poor
9. No respect for other arms of govt like judiciary n legislature. He even rubbished a serving senator by virtually recalling him over the media n appointing him a campaign mgr without the mans knowledge
10. No even Dev in AKS. Take a tour outside Uyo and Ikot Ekpene senatorial district, then the list will be fine tuned.
11. Lastly, he encourages cultism in the state. All his PAs and commissioners are known cultists.
Don't remove the name. Don't. Don't .... ...................
on point! i totally agree with you...the only development i see in akaw ibom is in the state capital.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by SacharlesEgwu: 9:51am On Jun 03, 2013
I LIVE AND WORK IN IMO STATE, BUT I AM A CROSS RIVERIAN AND I STAND TO SAY WITH NO REGRETS THAT GOV. OWELLE ANAYO ROCHAS OKOROCHA SHOULD BE LISTED AS THE NO. 1, WELL VERIFIED.

A MAN DAT HAS BROUGHT SMILES TO IMOLITES AND NIGERIANS IN GENERAL COME 2 IMO AND SEE 4 UR SELF(FREE EDUCATION FOR ROCHAS FOUNDATION NATIONWIDE)HE IS THE PEOPLE'S GOV. NO. 1.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Oldnyoung: 9:55am On Jun 03, 2013
afangide: Are u high on cow dungs? Its just a question and I need an answer.
Examine ursef first cultist.
Dispute the points with facts and stop this dung arrow that you are shooting
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Johnsmartinyang(m): 10:05am On Jun 03, 2013
it beats my mind when peeps talk the way u do..wen last did u visit AKS?my dear if u like call all d names u call him...the prayers of the down crushed pple he has changed their lives will see him thru...ur unwarranted purr words will not change his works...why dont u ask people like Wole Soyinka ,or Smart Adeyemi in the national assembly or even raji fashola of lagos wat they saw in AKS...my dear join the queue and wake up from your ethnic driven perceptions...im from ibibio...a core Nsitibomite.....who are u stop using alias come out let me know u and tell u ur story
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abrakhan: 10:13am On Jun 03, 2013
cnnamoko: After Naija numerous missionary journeys, these outstanding governors are determined to turn things around in Nigeria. or What do you think?
1. Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State (verified)
2. Gov. Fashola of Lagos State. (verified)
3. Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers (verified)
4. Gov. Rauf of Osun state (verifi
ed)
5. Gov. Adams Oshiomole of Edo (verified)
6. Due to popular demand Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo State (they said he should be NO.1) (verified)
where do you put Lamido of Jigawa and Kwankwaso of Kano states?
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Oldnyoung: 10:13am On Jun 03, 2013
Raypawer: Starting with no 8.
If u stay in Akwa Ibom and ur still poor, then u must be a jobless fool..
No11. Stop saying what you don't know! Can you mention specifically by which means has he encouraged Cultism and which among his commisioners are cultist? Nonsence!
No2. Who never rig election before?
No.3, he works with directives from GEJ. stop saying rubbish.
7. For you information, Akpabio never give out contract to indiginous firms, he works with foreigners (JULIUS BERGER, RAYGON, NIGERPET, ASUMEK...etc so i dont know What ur talking about.
No.5 ur a big liar.
No.10 have u gone round Akwa Ibom state or ur just opening ur mouth wide like a child that just swallowed life bees.
I wanted to ignore u but I feel u should step up your propaganda job. After all, you are earning a living from it. It takes a cultist to deny glaring and visible cult activities in any place.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 10:26am On Jun 03, 2013
You forgot to add Fayemi!

ACN governors are the best of them lot.
That Akwa Ibom governor is a very [size=28pt]BIG ?[/size]
If we have a true democracy in Nigeria, Akpabio would have been impeached for confessing that he rigged an election to favour his own candidate.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Chregor(m): 10:33am On Jun 03, 2013
Ya'all disgruntled bigots for taking swipes at a digital governor: Akpabio. @oldnyoung@Eko Ile@bro856.
The free education for everyone residents in the state is the one that caught my fancy the most.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by blayz0923: 10:36am On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile: apabio is promising?

A crooked and lawless election rigger is promising?

A bad and corrupt financial manager dishing state money on frivolous nonsense like luxury jeeps for celebrities and sending people to dubai is promising?

A man whose budget is the largest in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it?

A man who is using dummy Tropicana project to loot the state? N75 billion abandoned project?

May God help Nigeria or maybe I should say you already corrupt leaders of tomorow..

in ur own lil capacity, what have u done for Nigeria?
I can bet u don't even pay tax.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by ibro360(m): 10:51am On Jun 03, 2013
this list is nt complete without Dr. Engr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of kano State.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by victorD3: 10:53am On Jun 03, 2013
dayokanu: 1. Fashola
2. Oshiomole
3. Aregbesola
4. Rochas
5. Amaechi

Honorable mention Lamido

Have been hearing people call you a bigot and tribalist but now am very sure you are
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by rozayx5(m): 10:55am On Jun 03, 2013

A bad and corrupt financial manager dishing state money on frivolous nonsense like luxury jeeps for celebrities and sending people to dubai is promising?

A man whose budget is the largest in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it?

A man who is using dummy Tropicana project to loot the state? N75 billion abandoned project?

May God help Nigeria or maybe I should say you already corrupt leaders of tomorow..

someone who visits akwa ibom on newspaper, i bet you read all this on newspaper undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EPOMA(m): 10:59am On Jun 03, 2013

You said it all
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 11:01am On Jun 03, 2013
I have to admit, i'm impressed with Ondo state gov't......Mimiko is trying.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 03, 2013
Peter obi that doesn't pay bursary to anambra students, despite Anambra being an oil producing state. Imo pay 100k(each student), Akwa-Ibom 100k(150k medical students) sad sad sad
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 11:12am On Jun 03, 2013
pastor mmadu:
y do anambrarians hardly appreciate good thing? I stay in onitsha, am 4rm aguata. I shuttle round anambra 4 my biz and cn only tel u Obi is d best tin dat have eva hapend 2 anambra. Lets iron it out, in wat aspect do u think Obi have failed? Be straight forward and dnt beat around d bush

^^^Show pics/videos of what Obi has done in the last two years (which can't be seen anywhere) like Musiwa did for Ondo, or please keep quiet. For all the potential Anambra has, i'm a bit disappointed with what i've seen thus far, given that Obi has spent 7 years now as Governor. I'll score him 55%.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 11:21am On Jun 03, 2013
searay:

1.0. With due respect Sir kindly keep your hatred for Akpabio aside. Akpabio did not rig any election he only believe in zonning. Infact research had shown that Akpabio was not even in the state when the said election was done.

2.0. Inasmuch as I don't like Akpabio as a person but coming back N.Y.Service and couldn't recognised my father's compound proved to me that Akpabio is a great performer. The budget corellate with what is on ground.

3.0. For those shouting for Aregbesola, I served in Osun and couldn't mention more than "O'YES" done by the governor. Please come down South to Akwa Ibom and see things for yourself

4.0. Akpabio is a cheerful giver or should I call him a philantropist? He started giving when He was not yet a governor. I recalled once when he bought cars for almost all the paramount rulers.

Finally, I still hate Akpabio. I don't even know the reason.

^^^On bolded: i did hear Akpabio once say (he was either abroad or some other state.....can't remember now) when answering critics that if you come back to Akwa Ibom and recognize the road to your family compound, then he's not the son of his father......so i guess we could say you had advanced warning! wink

I like the guy.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Duke007(m): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2013
@Op, Olusegun mimiko is performing very. Well in Ondo state and should be in the list.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Duke007(m): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2013
@Op, Olusegun mimiko is performing very Well in Ondo state and should be in the list.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by akpanbaba: 11:50am On Jun 03, 2013
Only uninformed nigerians will consider Akpabio as one of the promising governors .He is a complete disaster.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by vowiski(m): 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2013
AMECHI (VERIFIED) cheesy
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by mooregan(m): 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2013

Y not come to Akwa Ibom and see things for urself and stop Criticizing my Governor. He gave Motor to 2face, so what?? If he gave to u, u for complain? Have u gone to de Tropicana?? Even if he may be lotting, he's leaving Akwa Ibom far better than he met.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by rebecca167(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Gov T.a orji is d boom, he is the best governor so far. Go to aba And see wonders. Rainboot seller ; How much u dey sell rainboot oga, mak I cross dis omumma road come back.. nairaland abeg T.A orji is d BABA MUTu 4 all governors. .
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Show pics/videos of what Obi has done in the last two years (which can't be seen anywhere) like Musiwa did for Ondo, or please keep quiet. For all the potential Anambra has, i'm a bit disappointed with what i've seen thus far, given that Obi has spent 7 years now as Governor. I'll score him 55%.

I have been watching you with side eye for a while and almost concluded you aren't biased but now its clear you are just like your Enugu brothers like afam,zuby,van bonnatel and nightshift. When a link to the website where most of Obi's first term achievements were listed you came in and acted like you didn't see anything....That hate for Anambra will never let most of you Enugites and Imolites think straighrt...smh
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Mogidi: 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
Please remove Oshiomhole from your lists. Thanks
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
nkem Kalu: WHERE IS T. A. ORJI'S NAME..........THE OCHENDO OF ABIA STATE, THE UNPERFORMING DEAD WOOD OF ABIA STATE. HIS NAME SHOULD ALSO MAKE THE LIST NA.
LOL may una pity for my in-law abeg.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Giftdavids(m): 1:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
Crimz-P:

No 1 has totally transformed Akwa Ibom state. You should have added him as verified.
u shuda put Sen. Liyel Imoke of Cross-river state(1);verified BRF(2)verified.; Oshiomole(3)pending

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo At Christ Embassy Crossover Night, States Five 'P' Pillar For / Speaker House Of Rep.,yakubu Dogara Mourns Hon. Olatoye Sugar / Red Carpet Reception For Osinbajo In Onitsha, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.