Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,947 members, 7,838,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) (26087 Views)

Isa Yuguda Leaves PDP / APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Soso990240(m): 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
doctokwus: Quite unfortunate that these pple simply don't grasp d common thread in these unnecessary row:that I endorse somebody in public does not mean I am obliged to vote for him,dats d whole essence of d historical secret ballot mode of voting;dat btw wen I endorse u& d day of voting,a lot may av changed that correspondingly changed my voting pattern.D beauty of dis mode of balloting is that u accept dat u may av been backstabbed,accept d result& move on.But of course in a system where many of d governors came into office on a rigged platform,many of dem do not know what a free& fair election means& so cannot embrace d principles & intrigues of one wen dey meet it.Amaechi is far from a saint,& I wud rather not see him in d presidency in whatever capacity,but our federalism wud b enhanced if all embraced d basis of his fight,dat executive power& office shud not b a position without opposition& shudnt b incontestable
mr man u dnt knw anything..northern governors askd him to drop his ambition and support Gov.Jang,which he did.why vote for Amechi wen evrybody agreed on Jang?They askd him 2 drop bcaus of a consensus candidate candidate.Voting Amechi is betrayal.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by ddeola: 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
Some of these governors are behaving like illiterates, the whole world saw the recording of the election 19 votes for Amaechi and 16 for Jang, how on earth can they declare Jang as the winner. Now tell me how can they expect INEC to be fair when they can't conduct a fair election among 35 people? These guys are very unserious and jobless
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by nwaniSOC: 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
dougivilla: You need spiritual cleansing.

What hope do we have as leaders of tomorrow if we can with the wave of hand throw away or support the throw away of principles, agreements and laid down arrangements for political gains?

Please enter the nearest cele church for the required cleansing fast!
JUST AS GEJ AGREED HE WAS GONNA RUN FOR A TENURE. ANYTIN SHORT OF THAT IS BETRAYAL.

What hope do we have as leaders of tomorrow if we can with the wave of hand throw away or support the throw away of principles, agreements and laid down arrangements for political gains?

JUST AS GEJ AGREED HE WAS GONNA RUN FOR A TENURE. ANYTIN SHORT OF THAT IS BETRAYAL.

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by nwaniSOC: 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2013

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by jimrox: 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
instead of this shameless GOvs to cover their faces, they continue to look for ways to justify their actions. if all of you agreed that there shouldn't be election why cant you work out and insist on the consensus agreement. you all participated in the election thinking your candidate will win, to me that was a political miscalculation. you were all beaten to it.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by deletrue: 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
Demdem: This man is talking rubbish. The question is did he vote or not? If he had issues with Amaechi contesting, why then did he have to vote? Why did him and his cohorts simply not just walked out when they felt it will be an injustice if Ameachi was allowed to run? Besides, if their candidate had won, would this be an issue?
O yes, u guys had a consensus candidate in Jang however on getting to the election venues, the governors felt that Amaechi was a better and eefective candidate that the miserable Jang and they had no choice but to vote him.
I wonder why this is so difficult to grasp.
you are the lowest nigerians for now. So, to you he should have not voted when he sensed that Ameachi and his gang planned to turned them down. That means that Jang number of votes would have been reduced by one. That would have been the worse result for jang. Get it into your downward head that voting for Jang is the best decision.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Demdem(m): 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
deletrue: you are the lowest nigerians for now. So, to you he should have not voted when he sensed that Ameachi and his gang planned to turned them down. That means that Jang number of votes would have been reduced by one. That would have been the worse result for jang. Get it into your downward head that voting for Jang is the best decision.

Since they claimed they are in the majority, how come the minority had its way? The majority would have just walked out and the whole thing will become a sham. This they didn't do because there was no issue before the election thinking that they will win.
The issues started springing up after they lost. These fools are bad loosers.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by soyad: 4:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
They shall all scatter in diffrent directions .
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by offorkansi: 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
[quote author=Frank-C]You see, Fashola was a member of a committe that produced a draft constitution that encoded a kind of North-South tenure shift for NGF. The same Fashola has gone to court to challenge the emmergence of a Northern candidate against his own proposal.

Fashola was the head of NGF committee that produced the report that urged FG to remove fuel subsidy. Fashola started speaking 'turenshi' when the subsidy was eventually removed.

Fashola was a member of NGF committee that approved good government tour of States in collaboration with Ministry of Information. The same Fashola does what he knows best when the GGF started and he noticed that the rightful owners of projects will presnt them to the elecorate.

Being an administrator is one thing. Having character is another. Fashola does not have character. Not even one bit. [/quote

My friend do you remember a certain man who suddenly developed amnesia and forgot the agreement which he was part of as a deputy governor to contest for the presidency using the constitution as his excuse. Now Amaechi insisted on the constitution and won the election fairly, some hypocrists are talking about character. Where was character when Jona contested the primaries that was zoned to the North? Where was character when Jonathan suddenly forgot his agreement with the North to serve just one term? Yuguda and others should stop being bad losers!
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by kipesco(m): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
I will stop listening to radio news about governors. Is this the reason why some of them are having refineries abroad God, the money Rivers State has can feed the whole nation why starving Rivers people. Since i come to know something The present governor of Rivers has cut across all sectors to collect money. Hmmm may God bless Rivers State if not we will soon go poor.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by yasaa(m): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
This is to thank Gov. Yuguda for taking his time to clear the air on the issue of the election conducted in respect of the NGF chairman. Indeed Yuguda has helped in letting us know that that gentle man's agreement is worth standing by.
But when push come to shove we would also expect Yuguda to query GEJ to explain why he is desperate to renege on an agreement which was duly signed by all present. Can Yuguda also tell us what were his positive contribution to the NGF and the North or even his own state in particular? Both the forum and Yuguda are of any significance to us? Let the entire forum be brought down to be scraped for all I care. Rubbish!!!
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by yasaa(m): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
SORRY MALLAM ISA YUGUDA, YOU WERE JUST
PDPied...
The role that Mallam Isa Yuguda, Governor
of Bauchi State, played in the whole
Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) brouhaha,
before, during and after the NGF
Chairmanship election is no longer news.
His position and actions are very well
documented. What is news now is that the
outcome of the election has left the
governor feeling betrayed by Northern
Governors; and as a result he has finally left
the Northern Governors Forum, which is
just another useless group of narcissists
who as individuals and as a group
contributed nothing to the growth of the
region. But for the reasons Mallam Yuguda
gave for leaving the Northern Governors
Forum, I would not have given him no
mind. He was quoted as saying:
"I don’t see any reason why I should attend
the Northern Governors meeting again.
Yes! If that is what we will do, I am not
going to be a part of it. For the remaining
two years of my tenure I will not be part of
the Northern Governors Forum. I want any
Northern Governor to come out and say
yes, I voted [at the NGF election] and I voted
against Jang. I will then ask him why, after
sitting with me in the Northern governors
meeting and agreeing on a consensus
candidate, after saying Shema and I should
withdraw for Jang, he then went and voted
against Jang. I would like to know why...
The reason why the leader is always
chosen by consensus is because elections
will bring disunity."
Apparently, the good governor is not really
concerned about Jonah Jang or the NGF
elections. He joined the Jang Gang of 16
because his ego was hurt by his Northern
peers who deceived him and Shema into
stepping aside for Jang and promising to
vote for the septuagenarian, but renege
on their pledge. He is mad because he was
deceived by his colleagues. That is why he
wants the other Northern Governors to
explain to him why they promised to vote
for Jonah Jang but voted Amaechi.
Well, My brother, Yuguda, that is Politics
101, Mr. Governor. You have just been
gamed like you did a certain Buhari and the
people of Bauchi State. Obviously, it seems
you have a very short memory. But let me
remind you, sir. You were in PDP sir. You
wanted to contest for the Governorship of
Bauchi state, but the powers that be in PDP
will not let you. You switch to ANPP and
secured the Party's nomination, and you
conned General Buhari into endorsing and
even campaigning for you. You won the
Gubernatorial election, and few months
later, you switched back to PDP. Then to
cement your position, sir, you married the
daughter of your President. May be it is
love, but to some cynics you married
President UMY's daughter for political
expediency. Unfortunately, to some people
politics is about deceptions and hypocrisy.
Take it from me, you were given a taste of
your own medicine by your Northern
colleagues at the NGF election. You've been
PDPied.
All that is by the way, nothing beats all
stretch of my imagination than the last line
of the quote, where the Governor explained
his bitterness with his peers by saying "THE
REASON WHY THE LEADER IS ALWAYS CHOSEN
BY CONSENSUS IS BECAUSE ELECTIONS WILL
BRING DISUNITY." Really? This man is
supposed to be a democrat, a man who is
supposed to have emerged from a
democratic process to be against
democracy. If that does not tell Nigerians
the true nature of our politicians and their
political values, then nothing will - EVER.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by 2ts: 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
4K dem all.Who cares abt d
Forum.Its dia affair and it need not be debated.Rotten pigs.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
tomakint: Jonathan was innocent afterall, and clowns want to just rope him in to gain sympathy for nothing! This life is something else cool

No b Innocent,na Egbunike u go see!

Dis is balderdash coming frm Yuguda! His testimony is at variance wt what was alleged to av hapnd @ d PDP Gov Forum wia Shema n Yuguda wer jostling btw demselves who d president wantd to square off wt Amaechi.

In d ensuing melee,Shema was even reported to av refused to step down but capitulated wen Akpabio was said to av brought out a paper frm his pocket wc contained a directive frm GEJ dat neither Shema nor Yuguda shd now b d consensus candidate but Jang.

D 16 Pro Jang governors got outplayed. They shd av scuttled d process by staging a walk-out rada dn sulk afta willfully participating in a process wc later turned out to b against dia wish

Stupid pipo
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Mylove55(f): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
Isa should know those who vote Amaechi,is not hidden ,there are, 3 apc-nasarawa,zamfara,borno,6 pdp-adamawa,kano,jigawa,sokoto,kebbi and niger voted 4 amaechi.so what wil u do,is it betraying? No.it would have be a betrayer,if they vote against amaechi,Isa u are a betrayer.because he help almost all d pdp govs in d hand of tukur and Gej.and he wil stil help all of u,not to look boy boy or be like zombies always yes! Yes to Gej.God bless amaechi.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by olusola200: 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
WHAT ABOUT UR OGA AT THE TOP ISA , HE BETRAY ROTATIONAL PRESIDENCY BTW HAUSA IGBO AND YORUBA
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by howfarwhatagwan: 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
God please can I just have your permission to shoot all these people they are taking us for a ride lord and it's not fair we cant continue like this now it's beginning to drive me really mad. Please all ye Governors can you just shut up we don't care what happened we just need you to do your jobs Gosh and GEJ can you for once do the right thing and scrap the NGF or whatever they call themselves why was the forum set up in the first place abeg make we hear word jare. Can they tell us one thing they have done as a forum that Nigerians can benefit from? PDP shame on you guys you are the ones causing the confusion as usual please get your act together you are just a political party for pete's sake.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by uchman101: 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Sir,go and sit down..ar u sayig concensus is more democratic than election proper??we have since seen the Video..Amachi won fair and square.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by olusola200: 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
BAD LOOSER GO AND LEARN HOW TO BE A GOOD SPORT MAN GEJ XPECT UR OWN NEWS BY 2015. NOTHING FOR UUU FOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by melodyj(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
Soso990240: u have mental issues..d guy didn't vote 4 Amechi..he voted 4 Jang.u no go understand topic b4 u comment.
i saw when this jaguda voted for Amaechi. Na who mess dey shout pass.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Eziachi: 9:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
danniyal:
I want any Northern Governor to come out and say yes, I voted [at the NGF election] and I voted against Jang. I will then ask him why, after sitting with me in the Northern governors meeting and agreeing on a consensus candidate, after saying Shema and I should withdraw for Jang,[b] he then went and voted against Jang. [/b]I would like to know why.”
One minutes you are saying that there was no election and in another you a talking about who voted for who and who doesn't. Make up your mind Mallam.

. The drama that ensued at the forum was a deliberate attempt to divide the governors and also targeted towards destroying PDP. I say so because in all the leadership changes since the forum was initiated by our predecessors in 1999 elections were never held.”
They should also abolish election proper, so that Yuguda can have an undivided country, since election is this moster that divide everyone.

The constitution was drafted by Fashola, Suswam, Chime, Imoke and Namadi Sambo. In the draft they made, we provided for rotation between North and South, in addition to the gentleman’s agreement that already existed. I was personally shocked that some people wanted to breach this tradition. Anything short of following the tradition will break us, which is not good for the country’s unity and the common positions that we adopt at the National Economic Council, NEC.
How time change. This is the same Yuguda who was among those that ignored the constitution of their country when Yar Adua was ill and refused to allow Jonathan to take over and preferred ruling Nigeria by proxy with his mother in-law Turai, yarning falsehood after another that Yar Adua is hail and hearty. Now Yuguda is the defender od tradition? Don't make me laugh grin

So when they proposed elections we said no, there cannot be elections which was why 19 of us signed that there has to be consensus because that is what will unite us.
Only someone who has something to hide or lose is alway afraid of election and running towards consensus.

By 4pm we were at the venue of NGF meeting. Immediately we entered there was rancour. This one will say this, this one will say that. By my own culture, background and religion, I strongly believe that whatever is agreed upon, we must stand by it unless it is illegal. I thought just like our chairman reported to PDP Governors, I expected a similar report to be made to the Nigeria Governors Forum but that was not done, maybe due to the rowdy atmosphere. This one will say election, bring the ballot boxes, this one will say no election.
The video we saw didn't show any sign of rancour whatsoever but an atmosphere of bloated men who had maybe has some nice Egusi and pounded Yam, sharing jokes, one of them clearing his throat all the time like a goat and being told by another, that maybe he ate too much, people counting votes, they have casted.

By my own culture, background and religion, I strongly believe that whatever is agreed upon, we must stand by it unless it is illegal.
Another selective memory, the same Yuguda that suffered humiliation in PDPD, ran into ANPP where they accepted him, gave him their ticket worked hard for him to wim, only for him take make 360 degrees turn and rejoined PDP within months, then harassed and chased his deputy out office by instigating impeachment against him because refused joining PDP with you.
The same person, who crudely divorced his wife in order to marry Yar Adua's daughter, young enough to be your daughter. Your culture, background and religion, my back foot!!

Yuguda also denied allegations that President Goodluck Jonathan is the unseen hand behind the Jang faction. He said, “Before the president left for Addis Ababa, only 2 of us were challenging Amaechi.
He didn’t have the faintest idea about Jang’s candidacy.
Haven't we hear that sort before, when OBJ kept telling us he had nothing to do with 3rd term and never asked anyone to canvass for it too. Tell that to the marines.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Eziachi: 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
emmydeep: Mr Governor may you live long, walk and never stumble, the Gods are with you. More governors to leave the northern governors forum.

Jonathan will finally be the last man standing.

Nigeria teaching the world politics.
I will assume that you did not wish the same governor longest of lives when he claimed the the southern youth corpers murdered in his state deserved it.
All this, just for the sake of politics of 2015? I really pity some of you.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by tomakint: 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
melody j:
i saw when this jaguda voted for Amaechi. Na who mess dey shout pass.
You saw him? shocked shocked even in a secret ballot atmosphere, I never knew spirits can also register on Nairaland grin melody j, I love your tune it's on C-major undecided
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
tomakint:
Honestly speaking, if there is something about you that amuses me, it gotta be ur handle 'Demdem' that moniker cracks me up cheesy cheesy cheesy you better go for a change of name! undecided
eerm..are u a tomato or a cli.t..oh!..it must be the combination of tomato and cli.t in a stylish way?
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by donpata(m): 12:06am On Jun 04, 2013
grin
Demdem: This man is talking rubbish. The question is did he vote or not? If he had issues with Amaechi contesting, why then did he have to vote? Why did him and his cohorts simply not just walked out when they felt it will be an injustice if Ameachi was allowed to run? Besides, if their candidate had won, would this be an issue?
O yes, u guys had a consensus candidate in Jang however on getting to the election venues, the governors felt that Amaechi was a better and eefective candidate that the miserable Jang and they had no choice but to vote him.
I wonder why this is so difficult to grasp.

LWKMD!!! So Jang is miserable? And you are using MTN cheat to come online!!! grin
Abegi!! Carry doro go fetch water 4 ur popsi; hin won baf. 35yr old still in fathers house... Mschewww

1 Like

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 3:04am On Jun 04, 2013
Frank-C:
You see, Fashola was a member of a committe that produced a draft constitution that encoded a kind of North-South tenure shift for NGF. The same Fashola has gone to court to challenge the emmergence of a Northern candidate against his own proposal.

Fashola was the head of NGF committee that produced the report that urged FG to remove fuel subsidy. Fashola started speaking 'turenshi' when the subsidy was eventually removed.

Fashola was a member of NGF committee that approved good government tour of States in collaboration with Ministry of Information. The same Fashola does what he knows best when the GGF started and he noticed that the rightful owners of projects will presnt them to the elecorate.

Being an administrator is one thing. Having character is another. Fashola does not have character. Not even one bit.

are you serious? You must be kidding.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Demdem(m): 3:25am On Jun 04, 2013
donpata: grin

LWKMD!!! So Jang is miserable? And you are using MTN cheat to come online!!! grin
Abegi!! Carry doro go fetch water 4 ur popsi; hin won baf. 35yr old still in fathers house... Mschewww

Very daft post. Zero sense.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by ikennahill: 4:00am On Jun 04, 2013
He can even leave Nigeria and go on exile to Niger,Chad,C.A,R,Burundi,Rwanda,Southern sudan,Egypt,Congo,Tunisia, or even hell that is his business not mine.All I know is that 19 is bigger than 16 anywhere in the world.i also know that election was concluded and winners and losers emerged. Finally I now know that we don't have leaders and our votes don't always count.governors forum is therefore now ungovernable.GOODLUCK TO EVERYBODY
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by dougivilla(m): 8:27am On Jun 04, 2013
Demdem:

Very daft post. Zero sense.
Always afraid of truths. Any post you lack the capacity to comprehend is 'daft' and makes zero sense? Smh
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Jonwesley(m): 8:59am On Jun 04, 2013
TheRealYemi:

Please get your facts right, it was Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State that held the Investment Forum which President Obasanjo was a part of and not Governor Yisa Yuguda

Oh yes, sorry. I really goofed. But I think OBJ is part of the northern agenda and soon the plan will come out openly.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Demdem(m): 11:50am On Jun 04, 2013
dougivilla: Always afraid of truths. Any post you lack the capacity to comprehend is 'daft' and makes zero sense? Smh

Kindly extract any truth or sense in that post with evidence and prove to all that u are not senile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Forgery Allegation: Court Ruling Has Vindicated Us – Senate / Yahaya Bello Begins Construction Chapel In Kogi Government House / Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.