Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) (26082 Views)

Isa Yuguda Leaves PDP / APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by danniyal(m): 7:03am On Jun 03, 2013
NGF crisis latest:Yuguda quits Northern Governors’ Forum

Malam Isa Yuguda will no longer participate in meetings of the Northern Governors Forum until anyone of his colleagues publicly admits that he breached the agreement to adopt Da Jonah Jang as the consensus Northern candidate for chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum [NGF]. The Bauchi State governor, who spoke to Daily Trust in Abuja at the weekend, also said he will demand an explanation from the Northern governor that admits that he breached a solemn regional agreement.

This is the latest twist in the crisis that has split the forum between Governors Rotimi Amaechi and Jonah Jang since the May 24 election. Governor Yuguda, an ardent member of the Jang-led bloc, said, “I don’t see any reason why I should attend the Northern Governors meeting again. Yes! If that is what we will do, I am not going to be a part of it. For the remaining two years of my tenure I will not be part of the Northern Governors Forum. I want any Northern Governor to come out and say yes, I voted [at the NGF election] and I voted against Jang. I will then ask him why, after sitting with me in the Northern governors meeting and agreeing on a consensus candidate, after saying Shema and I should withdraw for Jang, he then went and voted against Jang. I would like to know why.”

Yuguda explained at length the events leading up to the May 24 episode that split the forum. He said, “There is no faction in the governors’ forum. We have a new leadership that has emerged in line with the procedures that were historically adopted for coming up with its leader. The drama that ensued at the forum was a deliberate attempt to divide the governors and also targeted towards destroying PDP. I say so because in all the leadership changes since the forum was initiated by our predecessors in 1999 elections were never held.”
The Bauchi governor added, “The reason why the leader is always chosen by consensus is because elections will bring disunity. When Saraki was about to leave office in 2011, I was one of the 13 governors in Ilorin that picked Rotimi Amaechi through consensus. Goje proposed him, I seconded. In the same spirit we gave him all the support and we appointed a committee to draft a constitution for the forum as we saw at the American Governors Association.

The constitution was drafted by Fashola, Suswam, Chime, Imoke and Namadi Sambo. In the draft they made, we provided for rotation between North and South, in addition to the gentleman’s agreement that already existed. I was personally shocked that some people wanted to breach this tradition. Anything short of following the tradition will break us, which is not good for the country’s unity and the common positions that we adopt at the National Economic Council, NEC.

“So when they proposed elections we said no, there cannot be elections which was why 19 of us signed that there has to be consensus because that is what will unite us. In line with that position, the Northern governors met at 11am on Friday May 24. Only the Jigawa and Yobe governors were not present. Chief Servant brought a one item agenda, picking a consensus candidate because the seat belongs to the North.

“Governor Shema and I had indicated interest. When the meeting started the two of us were requested to go out. So we left and stayed out for about 20 minutes before we were called back in. The chairman then announced to us that ‘we decided to drop the two of you and our consensus candidate is Jonah Jang.’ Both of us said fine, since that is the consensus we bless it. So we fully expect that all the Northern Governors will stand by the consensus choice. After Friday prayers we moved to the PDP Governors’ Forum. 15 out of the 19 Northern Governors including our chairman are PDP members.

When we got to PDP Governors Forum, our chairman [Babangida Aliyu] reported to chairman of PDP Governors Forum that we met and adopted Da Jonah Jang as our consensus candidate. There was no dissenting voice from South East or South South since the slot belongs to us. So they all blessed it and gave Shema and I a standing ovation for withdrawing for Jang.

“By 4pm we were at the venue of NGF meeting. Immediately we entered there was rancour. This one will say this, this one will say that. By my own culture, background and religion, I strongly believe that whatever is agreed upon, we must stand by it unless it is illegal. I thought just like our chairman reported to PDP Governors, I expected a similar report to be made to the Nigeria Governors Forum but that was not done, maybe due to the rowdy atmosphere. This one will say election, bring the ballot boxes, this one will say no election.

“I expected common sense, rationality and fear of God to prevail. I expected Amaechi, as an honourable governor who has chaired the forum for two years with the understanding that he was going to leave after 2 years and he knows the implication of voting, which was why majority said no voting which can cause division in the country. It was a calculated attempt to break the country’s unity and to break PDP. He had perfected his plan in his own lodge, the ballot boxes and ballot papers were in his own lodge and he refused to agree that there should be no election.”

Yuguda also denied allegations that President Goodluck Jonathan is the unseen hand behind the Jang faction. He said, “Before the president left for Addis Ababa, only 2 of us were challenging Amaechi.
He didn’t have the faintest idea about Jang’s candidacy. Jang himself returned from abroad a day before and he arrived Abuja Friday morning and went straight to the Northern Governors meeting. He hadn’t an idea what was happening. He never told anyone that he was interested in the chairmanship. How could he be Jonathan’s candidate? President Jonathan couldn’t have in any way been responsible for the consensus candidature of Jonah Jang, so please count him out of this.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/55948-ngf-crisis-latest-yuguda-quits-northern-governors-forum

6 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:10am On Jun 03, 2013
Breeze don blow.....,,,,
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 03, 2013
Ok
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Maxymilliano(m): 7:28am On Jun 03, 2013
Interesting ...
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Demdem(m): 7:31am On Jun 03, 2013
This man is talking rubbish. The question is did he vote or not? If he had issues with Amaechi contesting, why then did he have to vote? Why did him and his cohorts simply not just walked out when they felt it will be an injustice if Ameachi was allowed to run? Besides, if their candidate had won, would this be an issue?
O yes, u guys had a consensus candidate in Jang however on getting to the election venues, the governors felt that Amaechi was a better and eefective candidate that the miserable Jang and they had no choice but to vote him.
I wonder why this is so difficult to grasp.

66 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by aminho(m): 7:34am On Jun 03, 2013
So he really did it I tot he was joking when he told me on Friday he s truly a man of his words
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by idumuose(m): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2013
When a man slaps his wife,they say it is Jonathan that
Caused it.when a woman has coughs,they say its
Jonathan that instigated it.This is a Governor
From the north speaking.were he a Governor from
D SE or SS they wil say it was Jonathan who sent
Him.Aliyu Babangida is a 5th columnist in PDP.
He should b monitored.

16 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by FrankC3: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2013
You see, Fashola was a member of a committe that produced a draft constitution that encoded a kind of North-South tenure shift for NGF. The same Fashola has gone to court to challenge the emmergence of a Northern candidate against his own proposal.

Fashola was the head of NGF committee that produced the report that urged FG to remove fuel subsidy. Fashola started speaking 'turenshi' when the subsidy was eventually removed.

Fashola was a member of NGF committee that approved good government tour of States in collaboration with Ministry of Information. The same Fashola does what he knows best when the GGF started and he noticed that the rightful owners of projects will presnt them to the elecorate.

Being an administrator is one thing. Having character is another. Fashola does not have character. Not even one bit.

57 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 03, 2013
Mr Governor may you live long, walk and never stumble, the Gods are with you. More governors to leave the northern governors forum.

Jonathan will finally be the last man standing.

Nigeria teaching the world politics.

15 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by tomakint: 8:08am On Jun 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Breeze don blow.....,,,,
...and we don see fowl yansh undecided

3 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by tomakint: 8:20am On Jun 03, 2013
Jonathan was innocent afterall, and clowns want to just rope him in to gain sympathy for nothing! This life is something else cool

9 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by tomakint: 8:21am On Jun 03, 2013
Demdem: This man is talking rubbish. The question is did he vote or not? If he had issues with Amaechi contesting, why then did he have to vote? Why did him and his cohorts simply just walked out when they felt it will be an injustice if Ameachi was allowed to run? Besides, if their candidate had won, would this be an issue?
O yes, u guys had a consensus candidate in Jang however on getting to the election venues, the governors felt that Amaechi was a better and eefective candidate that the miserable Jang and they had no choice but to vote him.
My friend go and sit down somewhere and stop waffling!

69 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by dougivilla(m): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2013
Demdem: This man is talking rubbish. The question is did he vote or not? If he had issues with Amaechi contesting, why then did he have to vote? Why did him and his cohorts simply just walked out when they felt it will be an injustice if Ameachi was allowed to run? Besides, if their candidate had won, would this be an issue?
You need spiritual cleansing.

What hope do we have as leaders of tomorrow if we can with the wave of hand throw away or support the throw away of principles, agreements and laid down arrangements for political gains?

Please enter the nearest cele church for the required cleansing fast!

27 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by anonimi: 8:55am On Jun 03, 2013
Frank-C:
You see, Fashola was a member of a committe that produced a draft constitution that encoded a kind of North-South tenure shift for NGF. The same Fashola has gone to court to challenge the emmergence of a Northern candidate against his own proposal.

Fashola was the head of NGF committee that produced the report that urged FG to remove fuel subsidy. Fashola started speaking 'turenshi' when the subsidy was eventually removed.

Fashola was a member of NGF committee that approved good government tour of States in collaboration with Ministry of Information. The same Fashola does what he knows best when the GGF started and he noticed that the rightful owners of projects will presnt them to the elecorate.

Being an administrator is one thing. Having character is another. Fashola does not have character. Not even one bit.

Oga na wetin now?
Why are you spoiling the bad reputation of our able governor who is delivering democracy dividends of more taxes and tolls as Democracy Day celebration announcement for the mugus in Lagos

And the man has promised us Vision Water 2020 even though his 2nd term expires in 2015.
Original wayo man!!!

29 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Inik(m): 9:03am On Jun 03, 2013
These people are just heating up the polity instead of working and delivering democracy dividends to the masses. The governors forum should be scrapped angry

3 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by obi4eze(m): 9:04am On Jun 03, 2013
The name is Isa Yuguda

2 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Okijajuju: 9:08am On Jun 03, 2013
Team Amaechi in the Lead...

4 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by dulaman: 9:09am On Jun 03, 2013
Sharaap! You voted ameachi because you and gov. shema were both denied the ticket. Why you wan take style comot yourself to gain sympathy from presidency?

6 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 03, 2013
grin
Sunny_bobo: Breeze don blow.....,,,,
and d tin of d fowl opened!!!

1 Like

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 03, 2013
Okija juju: Team Amaechi in the Lead...
seconded
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by iykak47: 9:12am On Jun 03, 2013
Frank-C:

If this is not a character of a chameleon, i don't know what else it is.

11 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by yuzedo: 9:14am On Jun 03, 2013
I can solve they problem. This govnors should call me on my tellyfone or dey can came four meeting in side my Banana Ice land enclave. All will be well, i will meditate in dis issue. They are all my guy! Is me dat put all of dem in office so no figthing bois. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by wellmax(m): 9:19am On Jun 03, 2013
Frank-C:

Hmmm, your comprehension of the article is very shallow. Fashola was among those who drafted the constitution of the Forum, the agreement for North-South rotation was, according to Yuguda was a "Gentleman agreement", not written in the constitution. So my friend, find somewhere else to vent your pointless resentment against a performing governor.

30 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Rhino5dm: 9:20am On Jun 03, 2013
Look at how the laptop paid PDP agents are supporting this blood sucking governor.

"As far as I am concerned, these corps members were destined to
experience what they experienced during the course of their
service to their fatherland because every new day is a new
experience to each and every one of us as human beings," said the
governor.

https://www.nairaland.com/656429/corpers-killed-north-fulfilled-destiny

^^^

Thesame vampire that said the murdered corpers deserved to be killed because it is their destiny to be hacked by blood thirsty Almajiris?

8 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by OoduaDefence: 9:21am On Jun 03, 2013
emmydeep: Mr Governor may you live long, walk and never stumble, the Gods are with you. More governors to leave the northern governors forum.

Jonathan will finally be the last man standing.

Nigeria teaching the world politics.

Yet we don't have stable electricity ,Good roads or hospitals No wonder the world is not practicing the kind of politics we practice.You should really have your head examined,i doubt that your thinking faculties are functioning properly.

3 Likes

Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by alaoeri: 9:22am On Jun 03, 2013
What 'll Bauchi ppl benefit from him quitting Northern governors forum? Trash
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by 2fine2fast(m): 9:26am On Jun 03, 2013
Enough of this Governors' forum crap. Abeg na which type of condom boko boys dry take plumber? undecided
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Chimezie250(m): 9:28am On Jun 03, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm smiling,this man is traitor,just looking for a way to cover face ,I belive the northerns know who he is now,gbosa to governor aliyu and to those of u shouting agreement ur all bunch of bigoted fools,agreement ko agreement ni.
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by vizboy(m): 9:31am On Jun 03, 2013
ok
Re: Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 03, 2013
From the aforementioned, Amaechi has finally shot himself on the leg, Amaechi will NEVER be trusted. GEJ is getting automatic PDP consensus ticket for re-election, what was Amaechi thinking, he has dug his own political grave, and will never be trusted in the committee of friends.

Fashola is an excellent administrator but a cunning piece of shit in terms of content of character.

GEJ has once again been vindicated.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Requests N157.75bn To Hire Additional 350,000 Graduates - Presidency / Premium Times:- No Discrepancy In Buhari’s WAEC Attestation Certificate / 9 Profs, 3 EFCC Lawyers, Fmr Gov, 49 Others Emerge Senior Advocates Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.