Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? (4305 Views)

Freshest Proof That Jesus Is The God Of The Old Testament!!!! / Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 11:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

My brother, read your old testament properly to know God knows his people and he will destroy anyone or nation for his people.
Man became like God, yes. Man retained the image of God but lost the likeness/character of God. The spiritual limk between God and man broke at that point.
educate me..where did Paul thank God he wasn't born a gentile?

What?
The God that created man, chooses "a people" then destroys the other nations that he himself created?
The God send his begotten son to save the same people he plans to destroy and save at the same time.

Wow!
Please explain....

Thanks in advance.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by shdemidemi(m): 12:04am On Jun 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

That is what I'm asking...Did he say that?
Apostle Paul would never say that fam
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 07, 2013
Paul saved no one , only Jesus saves.

smiley
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by shdemidemi(m): 12:17am On Jun 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

What?
The God that created man, chooses "a people" then destroys the other nations that he himself created?
The God send his begotten son to save the same people he plans to destroy and save at the same time.

Wow!
Please explain....

Thanks in advance.
You said it all, after man fell in to sin we became an enemy of God and a property of the devil, any man that was ever born after Adam carried the sin nature...2000 years later,He decides to elect one man whom he showed favour and He promised that man that him and his descendants will be His own people and through the seed of that one man the rest of the world shall be saved. After another 2000 years the saviour came, He paid the devil a price for our salvation with his life for the world to be reconciled back to God but with a caveat. You must believe he died and resurrected for you to be saved.

The man that got the promise was Abraham , his descendant are the Israelites and any one who believes is a saint.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=shdemidemi]
You said it all, after man fell in to sin we became an enemy of God and a property of the devil

Property of the devil ? What are you talking about ?

He paid the devil a price for our salvation with his life for the world to be reconciled back to God but with a caveat. You must believe he died and resurrected for you to be saved.

What do you mean , pay the devil ?

You theology is deviating from the bible more and more on a daily basis.

Show us scripture to support these erroneous positions.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by shdemidemi(m): 12:25am On Jun 07, 2013
frosbel: Paul saved no one , only Jesus saves.

smiley
I am with you with that statement.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by shdemidemi(m): 12:29am On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]
I will throw the question back at you before answering, why do you think Christ had to die for you and I to be saved?
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 07, 2013
shdemidemi:
I will throw the question back at you before answering, why do you think Christ had to die for you and I to be saved?

Jesus died to save us from sin and it's consequences.

Now answer mine and support with scripture ( might not reply tonight as I am off to bed, so take your time smiley )
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by shdemidemi(m): 12:36am On Jun 07, 2013
frosbel:

Now answer mine and support with scripture ( might not reply tonight as I am off to bed, so take your time smiley )
Lol, we all know he died for the propitiation of our sins, why did he have to?
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by shdemidemi(m): 12:42am On Jun 07, 2013
frosbel: .Property of the devil ? What are you talking about ?
This is simple, when you are not within the domain of God, you are on the other side. God still chose people to carry on his message e.g the first man that found grace in God was Noah.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by plaetton: 1:51am On Jun 07, 2013
LMAO

I can't seem to figure who is more schizophrenic , this god or his confused followers.
LMAO! grin

1 Like

Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by Mranony: 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
@shdemidemi, Christ DID NOT pay the devil anything. That is bad theology
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
shdemidemi:
Apostle Paul would never say that fam

I stand corrected. He did not. This is what the Jewish man say now when they pray.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
shdemidemi:
You said it all, after man fell in to sin we became an enemy of God and a property of the devil, any man that was ever born after Adam carried the sin nature...2000 years later,He decides to elect one man whom he showed favour and He promised that man that him and his descendants will be His own people and through the seed of that one man the rest of the world shall be saved. After another 2000 years the saviour came, He paid the devil a price for our salvation with his life for the world to be reconciled back to God but with a caveat. You must believe he died and resurrected for you to be saved.

The man that got the promise was Abraham , his descendant are the Israelites and any one who believes is a saint.

Brother, this is what they teach in church. Almost verbatim. Have you thought that thoroughly?
I'm not trying to cast doubt in your faith but just to reason on it.

Let me ask you this: What happened to the people who died before Jesus came on the scene?
The people while he was on the scene but did not know about him? Where is their salvation?

Give thanks still.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
frosbel:

What about the people who died before Jesus was born? They did not know anything about a Jesus.
Let along Abraham, how were they saved?
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by shdemidemi(m): 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Brother, this is what they teach in church. Almost verbatim. Have you thought that thoroughly?
I'm not trying to cast doubt in your faith but just to reason on it.

Let me ask you this: What happened to the people who died before Jesus came on the scene?
The people while he was on the scene but did not know about him? Where is their salvation?

Give thanks still.[/color]

Anyone that was not Jew before Christ was condemned with a few exceptions though.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
shdemidemi:
I am with you with that statement.

"...Those who have a pure heart will see God..."

How did Jesus save?

Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
shdemidemi:

Anyone that was not Jew before Christ was condemned with a few exception.

Fam, I don't know...it sounds like someone is teaching you these things. A reasonable man cannot arrived at a conclusion that the Most High God will chose people base on ethnic background.

Is not that racist/prejudice?

My African ancestor were they condemned for being African?
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by shdemidemi(m): 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

"...Those who have a pure heart will see God..."

How did Jesus save?

You are the one saying that, the scripture says something different
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by Mranony: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

What about the people who died before Jesus was born? They did not know anything about a Jesus.
Let along Abraham, how were they saved?
Rom 2:11 For God does not show favouritism.

Rom 2:12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

Rom 2:13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Rom 2:14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law,

Rom 2:15 since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)

Rom 2:16 This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by shdemidemi(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Fam, I don't know...it sounds like someone is teaching you these things. A reasonable man cannot arrived at a conclusion that the Most High God will chose people base on ethnic background.

Is not that racist/prejudice?

No, he is not. If you are for him you are saved. So everyone has a chance in this church age to be just before him.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
shdemidemi:

In regards to what?
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by Mranony: 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

In regards to what?
God does not show favouritism
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mr anony:
I agree.
What about this? 1 Timothy 2:15

Rom 2:12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

Rom 2:13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Rom 2:14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law,

Rom 2:15 since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)

Rom 2:16 This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Will pick up later, God willing. Got to step out.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by shdemidemi(m): 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

In regards to what?

The bible qualifies all man has bad, no man is good, we are all sinners. We have only one chance of getting to him which is through Jesus Christ.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by Mranony: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Will pick up later, God willing. Got to step out.
1Tim 2:15. Read it in context
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
shdemidemi:

What?
Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

I ask you this, can only a Jew have a pure heart?
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mr anony:

In total agreement with the above.
I was addressing [b]shdemidemi[/b]Saying something along the lines of if you were not a Jew before Christ you were condemned with few exception... or some nonsense like that. Is in his post.
This is what Paul recognized. Any child can see this. So Paul wrote what he wrote once he came to this understanding.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by Mranony: 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

What?
Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

I ask you this, can only a Jew have a pure heart?
No where in the bible does it say that only a Jew can have a pure heart
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mr anony:
No where in the bible does it say that only a Jew can have a pure heart

That is exactly my point!
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mr anony:
1Tim 2:15. Read it in context

Give me your context.
Re: Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? by FromGuiriga(m): 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
shdemidemi:

The bible qualifies all man has bad, no man is good, we are all sinners. We have only one chance of getting to him which is through Jesus Christ.

I agree in some regard. Job in your the bible was a "righteous/blameless" man before Yahweh was he not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? / A Thread For Those Who Have Been Cured Of Cancer By Great Men Of God / The Four Types Of Tithes As Mentioned in The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.