Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs (10511 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo / Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Codedeben: 9:15am On Jun 05, 2013
brownlord: Arrant nonsense, opon imo abi na kpomo imo, i still do not know the brain behind aregbe's useless policy, Osun state is still the most backward state in terms of education, am presently serving here and i can say this is a wrong step by the state governor, a state where they dont have up to 3 teachers, they rely solely on corpers and OYES ( teaching practice student ) for teaching this children, in my school only 5 staff, 1 principal, 2 vps and 3 teachers, only 2 of the teachers go to school, the school is about the best in the local government and i wonder what would be happening in the rest, this is the only state that an ss3 student can not speak common pidgin english fluently not to talk of writing it down, student still sit on the ground and a few bring chairs from home, there is no desk in class, our government only engage in project that would benefit them, am sure the money he looted from the so called omoluabi uniform is finished and they looking for avenue to loot more, theres been several occasions for days there would be no chalk in school, during test and exams this children sit on the ground to write exams, why cant aregbe employ more qualified staffs/teachers instead of relying on corpers who come and go and Osun state college of education who most times they themselves cant even speak english, in my school a teacher was caught teaching english with yoruba, if i have the time i will post some script of this student test and exam on this forum for this man to be engaging in all this useless project that would not stand the test of time, in their just concluded waec, even the invigilators from waec are the one pleading with corpers to assist the student, is just a shame for people who are not in the state to be celebrating aregbe for this failed policy

An epistle from an unrepentant BIGOT. Don't make me to believe you're from the eastern part of the country cos comments like this is exclusively peculiar to these set of people. Is it only in Osun state that you have few teachers compared to number of students? Or is it only in Osun you have students that can not express themselves properly? That you are serving in a school with such anomalies does it mean every other schools in the whole Ossun state is like that? I also did my youth service in anambra and I can tell you its even worst than what you claimed up there. The day we didn't go to school (I.e CDS day) there would be no school cos corp members are the only teachers there. You ask the students question in english they reply in Ibo. I had problem with my principal cos I refused to help the students during WAEC. These things are obtainable everywhere. We should not always come out here and spew rubbish about things we don't know. Even in northern part of the country we have places and cases like that (infact numerous, depending on where you go).

The day NIGERIANS stop seeing things from a tribal point of view would be the day we would be one step ahead. We always allow religion, tribe and every other retrogressive vices to becloud our judgement.

If that okpon imo is what is going to improve the academic standard of the students (regardless of the number of teachers per school) then why don't we applaud it. You should have it at the back of your mind that before such idea would be implemented it would have passed through a thorough evaluation by the practitioners in the education sector to weigh the pros and the cons.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Tzulu(f): 10:11am On Jun 05, 2013
brownlord: Arrant nonsense, opon imo abi na kpomo imo, i still do not know the brain behind aregbe's useless policy, Osun state is still the most backward state in terms of education, am presently serving here and i can say this is a wrong step by the state governor, a state where they dont have up to 3 teachers, they rely solely on corpers and OYES ( teaching practice student ) for teaching this children, in my school only 5 staff, 1 principal, 2 vps and 3 teachers, only 2 of the teachers go to school, the school is about the best in the local government and i wonder what would be happening in the rest, this is the only state that an ss3 student can not speak common pidgin english fluently not to talk of writing it down, student still sit on the ground and a few bring chairs from home, there is no desk in class, our government only engage [/b]in project that would benefit them, am sure the money he looted from the so called omoluabi uniform is finished and [b]they looking for avenue to loot more, theres been several occasions for days there would be no chalk in school, during test and exams this children sit on the ground to write exams, why cant aregbe employ more qualified staffs/teachers instead of relying on corpers who come and go and Osun state college of education who most times they themselves cant even speak english, in my school a teacher was caught teaching english with yoruba, if i have the time i will post some script of this student test and exam on this forum for this man to be engaging in all this useless project that would not stand the test of time, in their just concluded waec, even the invigilators [/b]from waec [b]are [/b]the one pleading with corpers to assist the [b]student, is just a shame for people who are not in the state to be celebrating aregbe for this failed policy

@Brownlord: It would have been nice if you had limited your comments to the alleged deplorable infrastructure in Osun public schools. But to delve into the poor knowledge of English language by both the students and fellow ad hoc teachers in Osun schools is the height of hypocrisy. From the few lines you wrote here, stuffed with grammatical blunders, one could only give credits to your students for swallowing what you gave them in English language hook, line and sinker. Next time, before you denigrate others, check the log in your own eyes first. I just did.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Jhydey192(m): 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
blink182: if this is true then I don't support this project. There are better things to be done but honestly I feel this story is an hyperbole.
. Thats the xact truth bro
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by fembas316(m): 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
Yeah, Ogbeni went electronic! A fantastic idea so to speak.

But, sincerely, we are not supposed to put the cart before the horse....if there is anyone who is so conversant with the trend of things in Osun state's educational sector, I believe he/she will see this fantastic move from ogbeni as a good one but not a perfect one in the sense that it is like someone erecting a building from the roofs.

My mind though!!
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Anuoluwap(m): 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
anonimi:

And this Opon Imo will make Osun students have mass success, right
Next year we will be here to assess its impact or not and may conclude that it is Opon Ofo = Empty Tablet.
what is ur prob? Do u evn study biology @skul? Coz if u did u wud knw wat it means 4 stdnts 2 b backing heavyloads nd if u av a heart u wudnt av commentd diz way, coz dier ar poor stdnts out dier in osun dat cnt evn afford a common physics textbuk nt 2 talk abt thousands of txtbuks...now d man wit a heart sought a solutn 2 end such *lack* nd he pre-install thousands of textbooks in 1 tablet? Wow! I dont tink a prsn wit human feelings wud hate diz developmnt.mayb u aint gat human feelins,who knws.
Let just b hapy 4 d less priviledge dat cudnt afford common txtbuks nw thousands of txtbuks ar theirs. Think bro!
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Anuoluwap(m): 2:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nairalanders!!! n Progressive youths!!! Please i beg u'all in d name of God; dont listen 2 d #CORPERS on diz thread.

REASON? : where wuld d state nid corpers 2 b d most? Is it skuls dat ar up2 standrd or skuls underdevelopment? So, i see no reasn Y they ar makin noise, who forced them 2 serve?
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Jhydey192(m): 8:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
blink182: if this is true then I don't support this project. There are better things to be done but honestly I feel this story is an hyperbole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any G E J's Students On Nairaland / PGDE In NTI Lagos Center. How Do I Go About It? / Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.