Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,226 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas (2487 Views)

Senators Close Ranks For Saraki’s Successor / NASS: Saraki, Lawan’s Men Close Ranks / Unprecedented! US Breaking Ranks With Israelis, Saying They’re Liars’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Ikengawo: 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
We as igbos need to close ranks and rebuild our formerly good relationship under Nnamdi Azikiwe with the Hausa. The reason is very simple, the oligarchy that's aiming to control the south already controls the hausa and uses them as their power and base. This oligarchy benefits most from an illiterate, undereducated and fanatic hausa population so that they can maintain power while they fly their children to secular countries for education.

If we close ranks with the Hausa it will be the final blow against years of retrogressive politics in Nigeria. Despite our ugly past, the Hausa remain a loyal people of their word, the type of enemy that one can still respect because they don't operate under the guise of trickery or deceit. the Middle belt, east and south south are one in realizing the problem, it remains the most effected group, the hausa, until Nigeria can move on from it's ugly past.

I've seen the effects of the Hausa moving into Owerri. Despite what is said about them they have helped make the place a bit more vibrant and they're treated gracefully as they too come in grace. I don't want to see these people viewed as enemies or rivals anymore.

I want to see our leaders invite more hausa leaders to the east for talks. I would like to see mosques in the east and groups of hausas working to protect christian businesses in the north.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by touch4mony: 3:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
God forbid,op are u sure ur an igbo man.this ppl that has different orientation about live that u want to send us to.we igbos don't hv needs for 75 virgins we hv a different culture which we value.thanks

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by masu: 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
This ikengawo is also aljharem.

Forget him he is a fulani murderer.
He is looking for consulation
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Balkan(m): 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
I hope you are not Buhari apologist. We don't need to close rank with terrorist. Do you shit with your mouth?
Their is no difference between Aboki and oil soup people

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
Nothing person no go see for this section.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by zanga420: 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
Ikengawo: We as igbos need to close ranks and rebuild our formerly good relationship under Nnamdi Azikiwe with the Hausa. The reason is very simple, the oligarchy that's aiming to control the south already controls the hausa and uses them as their power and base. This oligarchy benefits most from an illiterate, undereducated and fanatic hausa population so that they can maintain power while they fly their children to secular countries for education.

If we close ranks with the Hausa it will be the final blow against years of retrogressive politics in Nigeria. Despite our ugly past, the Hausa remain a loyal people of their word, the type of enemy that one can still respect because they don't operate under the guise of trickery or deceit. the Middle belt, east and south south are one in realizing the problem, it remains the most effected group, the hausa, until Nigeria can move on from it's ugly past.

I've seen the effects of the Hausa moving into Owerri. Despite what is said about them they have helped make the place a bit more vibrant and they're treated gracefully as they too come in grace. I don't want to see these people viewed as enemies or rivals anymore.

I want to see our leaders invite more hausa leaders to the east for talks. I would like to see mosques in the east and groups of hausas working to protect christian businesses in the north.
I agree with you bro, they're trusted enemies. They issue we have in this triangular tribal setup is that one is so deceitful n mischievious that they side with evil to set on tribe against the other. The hausas are good, if we can renegotiate our terms of living together. I always say.
1. A country of hausa+igbo =a great respectful n flourishing country, but their feud's no retreat no surrender.
2. A country of hausa+yoruba =a good country with lotta of bottled dissatisyed people.
3. A country of igbo+yoruba =a sophisticated, intelligient n trickery country. Wot do you think
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Akanbiedu(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
masu: This ikengawo is also aljharem.

Forget him he is a fulani murderer.
He is looking for consulation

It takes one to know one. Isn't it?

#Awo r'awo#
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by hakanai(m): 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
Crap !!! I think this is meant to mis-lead. We are better off with the Yorubas anyday anytime. You can't compare the Igbo hate with the Yoruba neutral nature.
Secondly It is more better doing business anyday anytime with the Yorubas than the Igbos!!! I for one respect and prefer the Yorubas.They share far more complexity of there society like the North.As such if we pick a leaf from them we are fine and could fix the faults amongst our mix society.
What can you get from the east,Fraudulent business?Greed folks or North-phobic kings?
Yorubas have better morals and community that is cherished even in the north.I stand with the Yorubas and see nothing to share with the Igbos.
I fear being infected with there greed and arrogance.Even the OP is being silly and myopic suggesting as if all the Hausas are dumb.Which is typical of an ethnocentric Igbo man.Pride will destroy them. cool cool cool

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
I can't believe that I am commenting on this thread!
At OP, I don't believe you.
to close rank and loose more of my kinsmen or what?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by oilyngbati3(m): 5:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
haka_nai: Crap !!! I think this is meant to mis-lead. We are better off with the Yorubas anyday anytime. You can't compare the Igbo hate with the Yoruba neutral nature.
Secondly It is more better doing business anyday anytime with the Yorubas than the Igbos!!! I for one respect and prefer the Yorubas.They share far more complexity of there society like the North.As such if we pick a leaf from them we are fine and could fix the faults amongst our mix society.
What can you get from the east,Fraudulent business?Greed folks or North-phobic kings?
Yorubas have better morals and community that is cherished even in the north.I stand with the Yorubas and see nothing to share with the Igbos.
I fear being infected with there greed and arrogance.Even the OP is being silly and myopic suggesting as if all the Hausas are dumb.Which is typical of an ethnocentric Igbo man.Pride will destroy them. cool cool cool
Good, will also support disintegration of nigeria, or better still, support the idea for Igbo to leave nigeria and form their nation, so yorubas and north can remain happily ever after?
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
zanga420: I agree with you bro, they're trusted enemies. They issue we have in this triangular tribal setup is that one is so deceitful n mischievious that they side with evil to set on tribe against the other. The hausas are good, if we can renegotiate our terms of living together. I always say.
1. A country of hausa+igbo =a great respectful n flourishing country, but their feud's no retreat no surrender.
2. A country of hausa+yoruba =a good country with lotta of bottled dissatisyed people.
3. A country of igbo+yoruba =a sophisticated, intelligient n trickery country. Wot do you think

None.
Biafra is better dan all these options
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Sibrah: 6:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
OP is talking some sense here, there are millions of them like that up North who are under the control of a few they don't like. The more reason they prefer being part of Nigeria, because if they are left under the care of 'their' black masters, we all know what to expect.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
people need to stop putting up these silly threads!
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
zanga420: I agree with you bro, they're trusted enemies. They issue we have in this triangular tribal setup is that one is so deceitful n mischievious that they side with evil to set on tribe against the other. The hausas are good, if we can renegotiate our terms of living together. I always say.

Are you saying that yoruba people bring dissatisfaction and trickery?
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Ikengawo: 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
^constantly.

PDP is now primarily an Igbo and Hausa party. More over, Igbos are in hausa states more than any other non indigenous group and Hausas are in the east more than any other non indigenous group. If we can let the past be the past with the SS, I don't see what's wrong with doing so with the Hausa. The Igbo, Middle Belt and SS have formed the strongest alliance in Nigeria with help of Goodluck Jonathan and PDP against the same elements that are plaguing the Hausa. A common enemy is the beginning of true friendship

the whole Hausa-Fulani label is a colonial lie created by the FULANI oligarchy to control the entire north and in consequence all of Nigeria. The Hausa present a largely untapped market for Igbo goods and produce a lot of raw food stuffs that can be benefitted by internationally linked igbo trade routes. Imagine if the land strapped east manufactured, boxed and canned northern food stuffs primarily farmed by the Hausa and used their international connections to Asia and the west to sell these food commodities world wide.

We need to stop thinking about sentiment and start thinking about strategy. the Igbos have everything to gain from a successful Hausa people and a successful Hausa people have everything to gain from a successful Igbo people. It's only the fulani that gain from an ignorant, under-educated and fanatic hausa people because they can use them as an army. the against others. The Igbo don't need or seek minions, we seek partners.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Are you saying that yoruba people bring dissatisfaction and trickery?

Hahahahaha. See as u picked out the qualities that u think are for yorubas even though the poster lumped everything together.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by ckkris: 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
mikeansy: people need to stop putting up these silly threads!
Freedom of expression Sir.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
I jump and pass this thread.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by kkkp: 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
D truth is bitter..d government kips usin divide n rule..so dat dey cn embezzle our money
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by 4chi: 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
haka_nai: Crap !!! I think this is meant to mis-lead. We are better off with the Yorubas anyday anytime. You can't compare the Igbo hate with the Yoruba neutral nature.

If and when it comes down to the rubber, NO TRIBE WILL EVER ALLIGN WITH THE IBOS!! Their aggressiveness ,uncouth and unrefined nature and the abysmal lack of tact is a clear disincentive

1 Like

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
This guy makes sense..IGBOS NEEDS TO DO THIS ASAP....
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by PointB: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
@Op,
What we (Igbos) need is to close ranks within ourselves; not with hausa, yoruba, or ijaw, but with and within ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
Tufiakwa!! Ajibakwagi
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by ezeagu(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
It won't happen because although the two groups are usually politically naive and loyal, their ideologies and culture is different enough that they don't get close. Most people in Eastern Nigeria are wary of Islam as well and that also contributes.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by PointB: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
4chi:

If and when it comes down to the rubber, NO TRIBE WILL EVER ALLIGN WITH THE IBOS!! Their aggressiveness ,uncouth and unrefined nature and the abysmal lack of tact is a clear disincentive

@bolded, you mean for example the fellow who made this comment:

You see in the case of the Niger Delta militants, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua sent an aeroplane to bring them, he sat down with them and discussed with them, they were cajoled, and they were given money and granted amnesty.

“They were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north were being killed and their houses were being demolished. They are different issues, what brought this? It is injustice”. - Buhari

Or the fellow who made the comment in my tagline, huh? undecided undecided
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by dayokanu(m): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
Reunification of the slaves with their masters

As it was in the days of Balewa-Azikwe, Shagari-Ekwueme, Tofa-Ugo, Atiku-Ben Obi

So it is till now and for ever more

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by ezeagu(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
Haha, Illorin...

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by eggheaders(m): 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
dayokanu: Reunification of the slaves with their masters

As it was in the days of Balewa-Azikwe, Shagari-Ekwueme, Tofa-Ugo, Atiku-Ben Obi

lols mehn. lwmisocp laugh wan make I slap ombatse chief priest.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Ikengawo: 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
PointB: @Op,
What we (Igbos) need is to close ranks within ourselves; not with hausa, yoruba, or ijaw, but with and within ourselves.

anyone still trying to cite the igbo as a disunited tribe in 2013 needs to go back to 1983 where their mind seems to be most comfortable.

If there's any tribe in Nigeria that's showing unity right now it's Ndigbo.

the south east has governors from now three parties, and all five of them show absolute unity of purpose and person. One thing you must give them credit for is the fact that they have been able to put region and ndigbo above party, even if they themselves dislike each other. Consider Ojukwu's funeral, now Achebe's, the fact that Peter Obi and Goodluck Jonathan despite being figures heads of two rival parties are one. Even Obi and Ngige eat and shake hands at all functions that require their presence.

[img]http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/wp-content/themes/sahifa/timthumb.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/L-R-Gov-Elechi-of-Ebonyi-State-Gov.-Theodor-Oji-of-Abia-State-Gov.-Godswill-AKpabio-of-Akwa-Ibom-State-and-Gov.-Peter-Obi-of-Anambra-State-during-the-Governors-Forum-in-Delta-State.jpg&h=330&w=660&a=c[/img]

[img]http://ejaife.files./2012/08/obi-jonathan.jpg[/img]

We now have a situation where the AGPA governor of Anambra is at the PDP president and PDP governor of Enugu GEJ/Sullivan's airport unveiling speaking as if he's a native son of Enugu

compare that to ACN's 'cooperation' with LP's Mimiko, or the CPC and PDP governors in the north trying to rip each other's heads off. The people, leaders, and focus of ndigbo is very uniformed, and we should take advantage of it to begin reaching beyond our traditional realm to build alliances in new places like the north with the Hausa (as we have with the middle belt)

[img]http://1.bp..com/-KMt_YSdx2TI/UED6svDE5wI/AAAAAAAAA3Q/O5doTriGLFo/s1600/pres_jonthan_and_gov_peter_obi.jpg[/img]

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Ikengawo: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
dayokanu: Reunification of the slaves with their masters

there's not a single Hausa man in your entire list.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by funnyx(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
@OP
Unfortunately you can't separate fulani from hausa neither can you separate hausa from fulani. Let's desist from tribal politics and look at how we can work together to make this country great again. I remember Nigeria of early 80's where you can move around the nooks and crannies of the country without any fear. Let us work together to make this country great again.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by aljharem(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
@op good

You see, one thing you igbos fail to realise is that YOU ARE NOT PERFECT !. Just as the average hausa, yoruba, ijaw men ain't perfect, igbos too are not perfect.... It is better everyone go their separate ways. grin grin

Haugbo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Faces Of Perverts And Pedophiles / 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects / They Are Still Good Areas In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.