Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,264 members, 7,815,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas (2443 Views)

Senators Close Ranks For Saraki’s Successor / NASS: Saraki, Lawan’s Men Close Ranks / Unprecedented! US Breaking Ranks With Israelis, Saying They’re Liars’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Ikengawo: 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
^what? smh

funnyx: @OP
Unfortunately you can't separate Fulani from Hausa neither can you separate Hausa from Fulani. Let's desist from tribal politics and look at how we can work together to make this country great again. I remember Nigeria of early 80's where you can move around the nooks and crannies of the country without any fear. Let us work together to make this country great again.

I don't believe you can separate the two either, but there is a large swath of Hausas that the 'Hausa Fulani' oligarchy isn't representing. We once thought the North was one holistic bloc. We can now see with boko haram and the push for an independent middle belt that the ones claiming control aren't really in control. on a leadership level hausa and fulani are the same (under fulani power) but the average hausa man know's he's not a fulani and vice versa. There are factions in the north that aren't under hausa fulani control and they're large among the hausa. I don't expect the hausa to chose igbos over fulani in 100 years, but we need a strong relationship with the hausa themselves to better the economy in the east and open up the large hausa market to our goods.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
lol. laughable.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by aljharem(m): 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
The yorubas have good understanding with the north middle belt, ss ijaws etc. Why is it that igbos are different. it is important you not "UNDERSTANDING"

Igbos just hate the yorubas because they want our support even though it might be a wrong cause. Truly we yorubas love igbos very much but we just think differently you igbos. Were we see diplomacy, you see war. Were we see independence, you see alliance. Were we have foresight, you see oil.

Those different parameters separates us

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by MajeOfficial: 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
alj harem: The yorubas have good understanding with the north middle belt, ss ijaws etc. Why is it that igbos are different. it is important you not "UNDERSTANDING"

Igbos just hate the yorubas because they want our support even though it might be a wrong cause. Truly we yorubas love igbos very much but we just think differently you igbos. Were we see diplomacy, you see war. Were we see independence, you see alliance. Were we have foresight, you see oil.

*where
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Crayola1: 11:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
alj harem: The yorubas have good understanding with the north middle belt, ss ijaws etc. Why is it that igbos are different. it is important you not "UNDERSTANDING"
[b]
Igbos just hate the yorubas because they want our support [/b]even though it might be a wrong cause. [b]Truly we yorubas love igbo[/b]s very much but we just think differently you igbos. Were we see diplomacy, you see war. Were we see independence, you see alliance. Were we have foresight, you see oil.

So which place do you pitch your tent? At one point you're Hausa the next part Yoruba tomorrow Igbo.

Jesus the troll is strong in this one grin
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Ojiofor: 11:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
Why not hausas closing ranks with Igbos by atleast stop their sensless killing of IGBOS living in the North?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by lacasa: 12:44am On Jun 05, 2013
As long as you maintain, i role wt you irrespective of which tribe u r.

#.. Datz me wink
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ojiofor: Why not hausas closing ranks with Igbos by atleast stop their sensless killing of IGBOS living in the North?

dont mind d clueless OP. What kind of stupid close ranking is that? Dis entity shd divide joor
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
grin funny ......some Igbo dude just come online to insult alaigbo !!!

Mayb a Yoruba dude just insulted Ikengawo,and he felt like posting this trash !!!
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Ikengawo: 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
what does this have to do with yoruba?
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2013
absolute and total crap!!! i (hausa) don't want a country with any igbo in it, the yorubas i am ok with but igbo!! lai lai, abeg go get your biafra, send our people home and we send yours to you, shikenan

igbo and hausa together my azz
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ikengawo: what does this have to do with yoruba?
u shd tell us.
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by aljharem(m): 11:50pm On Jun 05, 2013
thanks my brother[quote author=]

*where[/quote]
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by aljharem(m): 11:51pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ojiofor: Why not hausas or yorubas closing ranks with Igbos
Good question. !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas by mensdept: 1:05am On Jun 06, 2013

I believe you are correct here. I want to add, whether you agree or not, that those small cultural differences tend to manifest itself in national politics. For example, many Yoruba dont see it a problem if a woman gives birth to kids from different guys, or rather, they wouldnt lynch her. But in traditional Igbo society, Igbo people frown on those things and are willing to sanction the lady.

Take that scenario and add governors to that mix, where a Yoruba governor and Igbo governor know fully well that they are more qualified than one Hausa to get the ticket of a party for election, yet the Hausa man "emerges" as candidate. Igbo man would want to challenge the situation, but a Yoruba would think about his estates, his cars coming from London by next week, the babes coming to the next Owambe party, and that he fights with Igboman, he may not even get far.

So Igbo people need to rethink their strategy, and frankly, its not by closing ranks with Hausa just for the sake of closing ranks. I dont think Azikiwe's romance did any good for the people enslaved in this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anger In APC. Buhari Men Walkout! / Rotimi Amaechi To Head Probe Panel / Buhari's Impeachable Offence!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.