Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja (9142 Views)

Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State / Ifeanyi Uba: If I Become Gov I Will Sponsor Youths To Brazil To Watch Match / Jesus! Nigerian's New Satellite Getting Ready To Start Developing Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 4:23am On Jun 05, 2013
THE Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Administration has approved the request of a consortium of Brazilian investors to build a model satellite city in Abuja.

FCT Minister, Bala Mohammed, disclosed this during a dinner and interactive session he hosted in honour of 50 visiting Brazilian businessmen at his official residence in Abuja at the weekend.

He pointed out that the Brazilians would undertake the multi-billion naira investments under the land swap programme recently introduced by the administration to fast-track infrastructure and housing development in the nation’s capital.

According to the Minister, the Brazilian investors are ready to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the FCT administration to define the legal and physical framework for the collaboration.

He said the two parties have resolved that the MoU would be signed before the Brazilians depart for home at the end of their visit.

In addition to their participation in the land swap initiative, Mohammed announced that the Brazilians have also indicated interest in developing an industrial park, a monorail transport system, a world-class hospital and a standard university in the FCT.

The Minister had earlier, in a Power Point presentation, reeled out FCT’s numerous investment attractions such as centrality of location, excellent infrastructure, abundance of rich natural resources, relative security, neutral character and cosmopolitan ambience.

Mohammed told the Brazilians about Abuja’s strategic location as a territory that can be accessed from any part of the country by flight in less than one hour and from any part of the African continent in less than seven hours. Abuja’s unique position as the foremost regional, continental and global conference centre in Africa was also highlighted by the Minister during the presentation.

Earlier, the leader of the delegation and Secretary of Agriculture in the Brazilian state of Grande Do Sul, Mr. Rio Fernando Malwardi, had said that they were in Abuja to explore greater bilateral collaboration with Brasilia the capital of Brazil and Grande Do Sul on one hand and Abuja on the other.

He hailed the FCT Administration for various measures put in place to accelerate development of the capital city, in line with best global standards, adding that he has no doubt that within the next couple of years, Abuja would rank among the best cities in the world.

He said they were delighted to learn that the Abuja master plan envisages the development of the city in a similar manner as Brasilia, the capital city of Brazil. He described Nigeria as an important trading partner of Brazil.

In his remark, the Nigerian Ambassador to Brazil, Ambassador Vincent Okoedion, said Nigeria would benefit immensely from closer bilateral relations with Brazil.

He said that Brazil recently displaced Great Britain as the sixth strongest economy in the world.

The dinner witnessed interactive sessions, cultural dances, songs, entertainments and exchange of gifts.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=123418:brazil-gets-nod-to-build-new-satellite-town-in-abuja-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 05, 2013
Brazil is doing big things!! cool
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by ekoileee: 4:57am On Jun 05, 2013
This is one meaningless gibberish with no substance ...

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by kunlekunle: 5:30am On Jun 05, 2013
Ask them in tanzania,
the housing projects are crumbling.

Nigeria, with over 1000 engineering graduates last year cant put this simple project together.
SMH

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 05, 2013
kunlekunle: Ask them in tanzania,

Nigeria, with over 1000 engineegering graduates last year cant put this simple project together.
SMH

I hope Nigerian engineers will be part of the project at some stage undecided

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by MaziOmenuko: 5:52am On Jun 05, 2013
If only I get a penny each time an MoU is signed in this country; I would have been on that Forbes list by now and competing with Aliko Dangote cool

17 Likes

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by kokoA(m): 6:37am On Jun 05, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: If only I get a penny each time an MoU is signed in this country; I would have been on that Forbes list by now and competing with Aliko Dangote cool
My brother no be small thing o. They sign MOUs more frequently than a newly weded couple makes love. If say na by MOUs, naija for don beat USA.

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 05, 2013
kokoA: My brother no be small thing o. They sign MOUs more frequently than a newly weded couple makes love. If say na by MOUs, naija for don beat USA.

I tell you, Nigeria has got to be the MOU capital of the world.

6 Likes

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by CROWE: 6:50am On Jun 05, 2013
kunlekunle: Ask them in tanzania,

Nigeria, with over 1000 engineegering graduates last year cant put this simple project together.
SMH

How it works is that those engineering graduates would come together and start up a company and approach the federal government to invest in them, help them start up and give them projects. Unless you can have solid information that there have been such groups seriously trying to do such a thing there really isn't a reason to criticize the government. Having a degree is not enough, they need an entire company with capital and equipment, something the government will probably need to help them acquire.

5 Likes

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 05, 2013
CFCfan:

grin grin grin
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by adconline(m): 7:54am On Jun 05, 2013
WHat's the name of Brazilian company? nameless!
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 05, 2013
Similar to Fashola's Eko Atlantic
With property that the average Nigerian can't even walk by to sell groundnuts let alone dream of living in
They should announce these sort of news at NASS and house of reps plus executive council meetings with the minsters
The ordinary folks don't need to know
What for?

Why don't these investors they are passing off as Father Christmas go and rescue the millions of Brazilian slum dwellers and glue sniffing street kids

7 Likes

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by BabaEleko(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2013
I hope they also construct a Brazilian hair production plant for my naija babes cos some of dem don dey happy as den see Brazilian.

2 Likes

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Raymonbell(m): 8:08am On Jun 05, 2013
cryYes, we av engineers but where is the fund to develop the project undecided;-(:-(
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 05, 2013
Bad news.

CROWÉ:

How it works is that those engineering graduates would come together and start up a company and approach the federal government to invest in them, help them start up and give them projects. Unless you can have solid information that there have been such groups seriously trying to do such a thing there really isn't a reason to criticize the government. Having a degree is not enough, they need an entire company with capital and equipment, something the government will probably need to help them acquire.
Thank you!

Raymonbell: cryYes, we av engineers but where is the fund to develop the project undecided;-(:-(
ooo...Government should come and share free money for you abi? Someone who doesn't know how to figure raising capital can never be a good entrepreneur. So bro, it's prolly not your destiny, forget it grin
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by LondonX: 10:18am On Jun 05, 2013
Another MoU? grin grin grin

Nigeria has more MoUs than EBT food stamps!!!! grin grin grin

Shiit that makes you wonder if they ain't got a warehouse for MoU. grin

Psychotic MoU eating and signing government grin

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by AbuMikey(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2013
MoU again?
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nosyke(m): 10:20am On Jun 05, 2013
babyosisi: Similar to Fashola's Eko Atlantic
With property that the average Nigerian can't even walk by to sell groundnuts let alone dream of living in
They should announce these sort of news at NASS and house of reps plus executive council meetings with the minsters
What for?

Why don't these investors they are passing off as Father Christmas go and rescue the millions of Brazilian slum dwellers and glue sniffing street kids

I couldnt agree more with you on the bolded. Despite all the estates springing up in every nook and cranny of Abuja,getting a decent place either as rent or purchase still is eludes the average citizen. What do we have?, these politicians having upto to 10 properties in one city. Houses go for as much as 70 million even in these newly built estates. One bedroom flat going for as much as 400 thousand.

They should act another film, this one wont sell
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by DJDOLA(m): 10:22am On Jun 05, 2013
Brazil that country is so poor...thank God am a nigerian
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:26am On Jun 05, 2013
babyosisi: Similar to Fashola's Eko Atlantic
What for?

Some are here complaining about unemployed graduates while you are complaining about a new business district being built in Lagos.

Poverty of the mind. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 10:27am On Jun 05, 2013
*Kails*:
Brazil is doing big things!! cool
Really big things. To think that they have a lot in common with Nigeria.
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by nep2ra(m): 10:28am On Jun 05, 2013
CFCfan:

grin grin grin

I don laff belle scatter!
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by An0nimus: 10:29am On Jun 05, 2013
Baba_Eleko: I hope they also construct a Brazilian hair production plant for my naija babes cos some of dem don dey happy as den see Brazilian.
I have this feeling it was included in the MoU cool

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2013
eko ileee: This is one meaningless gibberish with no substance ...
because it's not in lagos.....mumu

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by christ4mi(f): 10:36am On Jun 05, 2013
DJDOLA: Brazil that country is so poor...thank God am a nigerian

Wake up from ur sleep. Brazil GDP is more than UK as for now. Talking about trillion dollars now. Thank Satan You are a Nigerian not Got

2 Likes

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2013
if it was in lagos it wud have been eko o nibaje, lagos is working now it is in abuja it is meaningless gibberish.....olodo angry

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Capnd143(m): 10:37am On Jun 05, 2013
Good initiative
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by naptu2: 10:40am On Jun 05, 2013
How wonderful it would be if you could connect towns like Suleja to Abuja via a modern rail line.

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 05, 2013
DJDOLA: Brazil that country is so poor...thank God am a nigerian
shut up ! In fact, go to bed now! angry

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by ril19(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2013
and these are the kind of things that continue to make housing cost to sky-rocket in this country. Why can't Nigeria just borrow a leaf from countries like Egypt wherein housing is ninety percent owned and controlled by the government rather than privat owners.
Just because of this "foreign investment craze" of the federal government, anything now goes.
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by aquabeing: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2013
lucenzo: if it was in lagos it wud have been eko o nibaje, lagos is working now it is in abuja it is meaningless gibberish.....olodo angry

Bros ,why you dey provoke na?

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by zcoreman(m): 11:24am On Jun 05, 2013
hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife / Buhari Storms Abia And Imo On January 29 For Presidential Campaign / Governor Umar Ganduje To End Street Begging In Kano, Forms A Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.