Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja (9134 Views)

Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State / Ifeanyi Uba: If I Become Gov I Will Sponsor Youths To Brazil To Watch Match / Jesus! Nigerian's New Satellite Getting Ready To Start Developing Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by bory09(m): 11:27am On Jun 05, 2013
Na MoU una take hold today. Una don forget the promise and fail things. Why are you guys always nag, every complain in the world to rubbish one achievement na him u know. I don't know the complain that you people will use again, maybe why gej family no dey among the labourer use in doing the project
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by zcoreman(m): 11:28am On Jun 05, 2013
DJDOLA: Brazil that country is so poor...thank God am a nigerian
Brazil is poor... Are you retarded? Brazil's development is the apex of all of the Latin America. The only country that has spawned similar to Brazil is Argentina. Brazil is doing way better than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 05, 2013
[size=18pt]Nigeria's oil revenue are in Swiss banks

Our refineries are owned by foreign firms

Profits on our crude oil pumped are given to American and European Oil companies.

Our political elites fly around in private jets leased from and manned by western nations.

Virtually all our state assets have been sold of to foreign firms.

Now brazil is going to build our town for us.

Anybody seeing all this would conclude that we are a country like Saudi Arabia with huge income and tiny population / human resources who can afford to hire other countries to build their infrastructure.

God help us if oil prices falls sharply - the poor would have no option but to eat the rich.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by ddeola: 11:33am On Jun 05, 2013
Se dem don sort out their own country palaver first before dem dey com Nija to build satelite town! Yeye fee-dee-fee propaganda, we will soon know the real owners of the so-called satelite town
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 05, 2013
Nigeria pays $6 Billion every year to Foreign consultants whilst educated Nigerians remain unemployed.

What a country!
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by kingsilly(m): 11:44am On Jun 05, 2013
I tot these guys are stil having prob hosting world cup nd dem cum down here signing MoU
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Lugano(m): 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
http://photos.uk.msn.com/slideshow/photos/commuting-in-brazil/2x1bw7x3#14

Brazil has some of the world's worst traffic jams, with commuters sometimes needing three hours to travel about nine miles across Brazil's biggest city and financial capital
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by kwajahafiz(m): 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
funny no brainer of a country.
Why you have to bait a country which is not necessarily richer than you to come and develope you is a head scratcher....should we not be the brazil of Africa or even better?.
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Touchforfree(m): 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
Why dem no go sign MoU ?; Afterall Mou signed MoU before taking the Chelsea offer. You no sign MoU before you giv ur wife belle ni. Soon we go sign MoU with South Sudan for the generation of 50,000 MW of electricity.
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Touchforfree(m): 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2013
Why dem no go sign MoU ?; Afterall Mou signed MoU before taking the Chelsea offer. You no sign MoU before you giv ur wife belle ni. Soon we go sign MoU with South Sudan for the generation of 50,000 MW of electricity. 8-)8-)8-)8-)8-).
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
Touchforfree: Why dem no go sign MoU ?; Afterall Mou signed MoU before taking the Chelsea offer. You no sign MoU before you giv ur wife belle ni. Soon we go sign MoU with South Sudan for the generation of 50,000 MW of electricity. 8-)8-)8-)8-)8-).
LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
CFCfan:

I hope Nigerian engineers will be part of the project at some stage undecided

Most. likely as Site Engineers and definitely as Government named Project Consultants.

Hope the Consultants won't go and collect bribe sha o.
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by joecastle(m): 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
Thatts the samba peeps ooo.. Add me up cos I need new bbm friend males and females are welcomed! 207a032a
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2013
CROWÉ:

How it works is that those engineering graduates would come together and start up a company and approach the federal government to invest in them, help them start up and give them projects. Unless you can have solid information that there have been such groups seriously trying to do such a thing there really isn't a reason to criticize the government. Having a degree is not enough, they need an entire company with capital and equipment, something the government will probably need to help them acquire.

Oga@thetop,

Everything you've said is correct,
but the investment thing is the problem.

One man I know is one of the very few Substation Engineers below 65years old in this country. I have pestered him for years to float a company to vie for power projects.

All I can say is, after almost 8 years, he informed me just last month that he has got a FOREIGN PARTNER so he can be taken seriously.

How can a fresh graduate cope?
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
New satellite town for who? Homeless Nigerians or Jus so our corrupt leaders can acquire more and more? Abeg!!!
Brazil don build world cup stadia finish? How r we sure this guys didn't come with that money. Who are they? Where and what have they invested in? What's the hallmark and landmark of their company? Don't be surprised that this may actually be owned by a nigerian(s) using Brazilian investors as a shade! SmH
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 06, 2013
The FCT truly needs an additional satellite town. The present ones seem to be overstretched, and the Abuja city centre is too costly for the average civil servant/Nigerian to live in.
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by kunlekunle: 5:36am On Jun 06, 2013
CROWÉ:

How it works is that those engineering graduates would come together and start up a company and approach the federal government to invest in them, help them start up and give them projects. Unless you can have solid information that there have been such groups seriously trying to do such a thing there really isn't a reason to criticize the government. Having a degree is not enough, they need an entire company with capital and equipment, something the government will probably need to help them acquire.

if we have a visionary govt, this should be ABC of our development.
Just last two weeks the minister for housing said her ministry is not responsible for providing affrodable accommodation.
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 06, 2013
We don't need housing estates, especially in Abuja.

We need social infrastructures that will quickly reach the masses, the 90%.

Hospital with new age technology.
Mass transit like trains linking the country.
Electricity, nuclear preferably.
A waterways system.

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by musiwa26: 6:00am On Jun 06, 2013
nigeria only have land in abuja. and not in any state because of the issue of Sovereignty And Autonomy in 1957. it was included that the 3 unit that made up nigeria most have Sovereignty And Autonomy. only abuja is govt land.. which was forceful taken from the real owners.. they are discriminated on too because they are the only nigerian who can not become governors of state
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by darichlife: 9:12am On Jun 06, 2013
that's a welcome development, we need more satellite towns in Abuja, the Area councils are so dry apart from Bwari and Kuje. am Happy cheesy but let it not be like doing a white elephant project.

1 Like

Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by musiwa26: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2013
i believe abuja should be a state. i will create 8 new state.. if i was there.. a state for

idoma/igalla, kogi/benue

akoko/owo/ifon/akoko edo/owan in edo and ondo

abuja from niger state and abuja

ibadan from oyo state

biu from borno/adamawa

warri state from delta

zaria from kaduna /katsina

ijebu fro ogun state.
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by CROWE: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
kunlekunle:

Just last two weeks the minister for housing said her ministry is not responsible for providing affrodable accommodation.

lol, them who did he say is?
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by kunlekunle: 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
CROWÉ:

lol, them who did he say is?

omo wetin u talk?
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by CROWE: 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2013
Sorry

kunlekunle:

Who do they then claim is responsible for providing affordable accommodation to the people?
Re: Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja by kunlekunle: 8:42am On Jun 07, 2013
ril19: and these are the kind of things that continue to make housing cost to sky-rocket in this country. Why can't Nigeria just borrow a leaf from countries like Egypt wherein housing is ninety percent owned and controlled by the government rather than privat owners.
Just because of this "foreign investment craze" of the federal government, anything now goes.

You nailed the Real african problem, its copy and paste policies.
when problems starts no one has solution to it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Babachir/Oke: PDP Youths Accuse Buhari Of Manipulating Nigerians / Governor Umar Ganduje To End Street Begging In Kano, Forms A Committee / Buhari, Ugwuanyi, Maduka, Onyishi, Dozzy, Dogara Bag Leadership Excellence Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.