Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

United Republics Of Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United Republics Of Nigeria. (801 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

United Republics Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2013
It's so sad that a country endowed with various mineral resources and favourable climatic and weather conditions like Nigeria is still languishing in different problems. Many Nigerians can reason sensibly, but yet, we are facing the problems of proper management and execution of our plans. We could become one if we agreed to recognise this and arrange our own political system to accomodate our diversity. Unfortunately, i think we are copying America which is totally different from Nigeria in composition, i.e It is believed that the native Americans are indians who are in the minority now, and other recognisable ethnic minorities do not concentrate only in a particular geographical location unlike in Nigeria where Yorubas, Ibos, Ijaws, Hausas and others have their own geographical areas. UK which comprises four (4) nations within a country is one of the countries that shared similar features with Nigeria. Thus, we have England, Northern ireland, Scotland and Wales, each with their own language and at the same time they have powers to govern themselves, even participating in international sporting event like Olympic and Football as an individual country. If we do not want to split, i think we really need to pattern our arrangement like UK where we could have several nations within a country that will be called ''United Republics of Nigeria'' instead of Federal Republic of Nigeria. There is nothing wrong calling the various republics/nations as Hausa, Ibos, Yoruba e.t.c like England for English, Scotland for Scottish, Ireland for Irish, Wales for Welsh. Its mighty deceptive by insisting that we should remain as we are; it will never work. God has done it perfectly by scattering people with different languages to make sure those who speak the same language live together and rule themselves without feel exploited by the people of other languages.

Note that, this is my opinion and i stand to be corrected...Ur comments/suggestions are also welcome.
Re: United Republics Of Nigeria. by worry359(m): 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Wat should be done is bring bach the british to run the country like in colonial days.
What will change? a few people will get rich, but that is happening anyway with Nigerian corruption.
The benefit would be roads improved, trains running and power that worked all the time.
What has Nigeria got to loose?

(1) (Reply)

Passport Renewal At The Nigerian High Commision, London / My Experience With Passengers On Nigerian Roads. / Plsss I Need Help And Advice.....i Just Got 3yrs Australia Visa But I Dont Hav..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.