Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (136195 Views)

How To Root Tecno Phantom A+(f7) M3,l3,d5 And Q1 Easily. Bonaventure73 / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by physise(m): 11:36am On Jul 08, 2013
akinlolusewanu9: Tecno is running after Samsung o. see http://phonegist..com/2013/07/tecno-mobile-running-after-samsung.html
hahaha in ur dreams

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by LordReed(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
topazjosh: Is there anything like techno tab?please
all I see now is mini s3 and techno f7 or what is it called of same size,I won't mind buying a tecno tab as wide as the bigger s3.

The S3 is not a Tablet not even a Phablet. Check for Tecno Pad N9.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by greenmatthews: 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
you guys are doing a really great job here! please i don't know if you guys can help me unlock my samsung phone, it doesnt accept any other sim apart from the sim card it came with. this is the IMEI NO: 353718058059486 and the sim it only accepts is an Orange sim but i want to use an Airtel sim on it. would be very glad if you guys can help!
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
topazjosh: Is there anything like techno tab?please
all I see now is mini s3 and techno f7 or what is it called of same size,I won't mind buying a tecno tab as wide as the bigger s3.

Yes Techno N9 36k
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Saviourlaw: 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=great664]Techno all the way, leave name, encourage and buy good product. Its an ORIGINAL phone. See before you talk.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by akinlolusewanu9(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
Tecno's new pad, Tecno Phantom N9 pad with superb features and characteristics is here to rival Samsung's tablets. Quad core and all. Check out the features and distributor price http://phonegist..com/2013/07/tecno-phantom-n9-pad-released.html[b][/b]
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by kennakarter(m): 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hello yall if u want help in purchasing this phone just contact me No: 08136787896 pin:23A987E9 its just #34.500 its not a scam
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by topazjosh(m): 3:23am On Jul 11, 2013
Lord_Reed:

The S3 is not a Tablet not even a Phablet. Check for Tecno Pad N9.
I understand man,all I just need is the size of the larger s3 not the mini,is there any tecno product of that same size?,tecno tab is too big for me 8.0 chai and I still need to ask,if I would be allow to access all android app world,the same way a samsung user or htc user can access without any stress or paying extra funds like the so called infinix and other china/android phones?thanks
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by LordReed(m): 5:57am On Jul 11, 2013
topazjosh: I understand man,all I just need is the size of the larger s3 not the mini,is there any tecno product of that same size?,tecno tab is too big for me 8.0 chai and I still need to ask,if I would be allow to access all android app world,the same way a samsung user or htc user can access without any stress or paying extra funds like the so called infinix and other china/android phones?thanks

Phantom A is for you then. Yes you can access Google Play store like every other Android user.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by kennakarter(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2013
ibietela2:

Yes Techno N9 36k
[quote author=ibietela2]

Yes Techno n9 I can help u get it I work @ computer village its just 36k contact me pin:23A987E9 or whatsapp 08093296580[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by kennakarter(m): 11:22am On Jul 12, 2013
Yes Techno n9 I can help u get it I work @ computer village its just 36k contact me pin:23A987E9 or whatsapp 08093296580[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by sironyeka: 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
techno F7 vs Samsung according to Antutu bench mark v.3.3.2

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by akinlolusewanu9(m): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
For the guys wondering if they can root their Tecno Phantom A, here is a tutorial to help you root your Tecno F7 http://phonegist..com/2013/07/how-to-root-tecno-phantom-tecno-f7.html

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
dis thread still dey pain me....

for cryin out loud ....

tecno and samsung una chop craze... ordinary tecno ooooo....

tecno should compete with bb first bfor comin to even zoppo phones..
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by topazjosh(m): 3:28am On Jul 23, 2013
I need thl w8+
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by akinlolusewanu9(m): 6:37am On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by alabo1: 11:00am On Jul 23, 2013
deejay_harry1: dis thread still dey pain me....

for cryin out loud ....

tecno and samsung una chop craze... ordinary tecno ooooo....

tecno should compete with bb first bfor comin to even zoppo phones..

When I read comments like this it becomes obvious to me that it is all about how a brand is perceived based on subjective observations. most people just identify with certain products and condemn others without any in depth analysis.

Anyone with a knowledge of history knows that it was not until the last half decade that Samsung became a dominant player in the smartphone market. Prior to that they were considered inferior to the more established names such as Nokia, LG, Sagem etc. The fact that a phone brand is relatively new and cheap does not make it a right off as Samsung's history has proved. In fact Techno considering how recent their venture into the smartphone world should be lauded on the remarkable improvements in their devices.

I am an phone enthusiast and have rarely used a phone longer than seven months. In the past 3 years I have used a Storm 2, Bold 4, HTC HD7, Xperia S, Galaxyy S2 and I am currently using a LG Optimus vu2 and a techno N7. I must state that the N7 considering its price stacks up very nicely against these even though it is surpassed mainly in areas of pixellation and memory space and speed when tasked. However build quality is impeccable and the user interface is largely the same. I have also handled the F7 which is a step up from the N7 and can state that while it still lags behind in pixellation it is on a par with current high end smart phones in terms of speed and UI. It is important to note that benchmark tests don't always translate to better performance in real life.

The fact remains that techno phones are sound buys considering their prices and will only get better as they gain a competitive advantage due to high turnover. At the moment despite the huge variance in pricing a discerning user will be able to ascertain that their is only a marginal difference in certain performance indicators between techno and the HTC's and Co.

The bottom line is to buy a product based on your need for it and proven specs and performance not just branding.

5 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2013
alabo1:

When I read comments like this it becomes obvious to me that it is all about how a brand is perceived based on subjective observations. most people just identify with certain products and condemn others without any in depth analysis.

Anyone with a knowledge of history knows that it was not until the last half decade that Samsung became a dominant player in the smartphone market. Prior to that they were considered inferior to the more established names such as Nokia, LG, Sagem etc. The fact that a phone brand is relatively new and cheap does not make it a right off as Samsung's history has proved. In fact Techno considering how recent their venture into the smartphone world should be lauded on the remarkable improvements in their devices.

I am an phone enthusiast and have rarely used a phone longer than seven months. In the past 3 years I have used a Storm 2, Bold 4, HTC HD7, Xperia S, Galaxyy S2 and I am currently using a LG Optimus vu2 and a techno N7. I must state that the N7 considering its price stacks up very nicely against these even though it is surpassed mainly in areas of pixellation and memory space and speed when tasked. However build quality is impeccable and the user interface is largely the same. I have also handled the F7 which is a step up from the N7 and can state that while it still lags behind in pixellation it is on a par with current high end smart phones in terms of speed and UI. It is important to note that benchmark tests don't always translate to better performance in real life.

The fact remains that techno phones are sound buys considering their prices and will only get better as they gain a competitive advantage due to high turnover. At the moment despite the huge variance in pricing a discerning user will be able to ascertain that their is only a marginal difference in certain performance indicators between techno and the HTC's and Co.

The bottom line is to buy a product based on your need for it and proven specs and performance not just branding.

bro u hav spoken well ooo.. good.. but look at the topic of dis post again.. make u knw if no be craze dey worry d o.p
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by s3nn2x(m): 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
alabo1:

This should serve as the conclusion of the whole matter. Gbam!!!
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by s3nn2x(m): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
alabo1: ....I have also handled the F7 which is a step up from the N7 and can state that while it still lags behind in pixellation it is on a par with current high end smart phones in terms of speed and UI. It is important to note that benchmark tests don't always translate to better performance in real life.

This should serve as the conclusion of the whole matter. Gbam!!!
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by mrakin(m): 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Thank you sir Mr Alabo1, I appreciate that honest comment and conclusion.
People should therefore buy what they need and what they can conveniently pay for.
Phones are not for 'shakara'
I like tecno phones and I have convinced some close friends on tecno phones like the new low-cost L3.
Anyway am still rocking my BB curve7.Am waiting for Tecno Q2 with keypad and long-lasting battery
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by kulex2k1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Its so funny this comparism is only on naija blogs and websites... Comparing Techno phantom A to Samsung S3 very soon they'll compare to S4 lets watch and see... all i can do is laugh!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by shegzy06(m): 11:17am On Aug 07, 2013
To everybody yabbin Tecno. Am a fan of samsung,was using galaxy S3 b4 some baddest guy stole it from me. Was somehow broke dat I couldn't go for samsung S3 again. Buh fank God, cos since I bot dis phantom A, I avnt figured out wat ma samsung can do dat dis Tecno couldn't do. Note: I also like playn games...
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by gbawee: 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
How come Techno are available ONLY in West African markets? Why are they scared to take their phones to Europe? Because they know we are cheapskates who will blow the top over sub-standard, yet fancy-looking products/

And try to search 'Techno Phones' in google. You will ONLY get results from Nigerian sites.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by opestein: 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
sironyeka: techno F7 vs Samsung according to Antutu bench mark v.3.3.2
yepa..s3 fun ni change..see gap..u guys should be comparing f7 and Nokia N900 together(running android)
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by opestein: 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2013
This is only for the matured minds.
It is a limited metric, but here is the DMIPS/MHz rating of
various arm processors. (Think of DMIPS/Mhz as IPC when
you have 30% higher DMIPS/Mhz the processor is 30%
faster.)
ARM
1.25- Arm11 (an aging arm processor the first iphone and
iphone 3G were arm 11)
1.90 Cortex A7 (new processor, uses very little energy and
die space and gives about the speed of a cortex A8, great
for cheap cpus and works with big.LITTLE)
2.00- Cortex A8 (processor came out for iphone 3Gs and
Iphone 4, top of the line processor 3 to 4 years ago.)
2.50- Cortex A9 (was king of the hill till last year)
3.50- Cortex A15 (soon to be king of the hill, it has only yet
appeared in nexus 10 and chromebooks but soon it will be
in a lot of devices due to Samsung and Nvidia pushing it.)
Custom Arm Chips
2.10- Qualcomm Scorpion (came out about the same time
as Cortex A8, won many design wins since Qualcomm
integrates modem with many scorpions.)
3.30- Qualcomm Krait (was the fastest chip last year,
furthermore had designs that integrated modem so you
could get best speed, awesome battery life, and a 1 chip
solution)
Thus at the same mhz and same amount of cores cortex a9
is about 30% faster than an a7, a krait is over 70% faster
than an a7, and a cortex a15 is over 80% faster than an a7.
To put this in comparison intel chips are only 40 to 50%
faster IPC than AMD chips with the same amount of cores
and the same clock speed.
----------
Now this is CPU tasks, memory and graphics are two
completely different subjects but most cortex a7 only
designs are probably going to skimp out on those too to
keep the cost low, why waste graphics die space when you
skimp out on the cpu die space.
s3 is based on cortex A9 clocked at 1.4ghz
phantom is based on Cortex A7 clocked at 1.2ghz
THIS CLEARS U ALL DOUBT THAT S3 IS 100% PLUS FASTER THAN PHANTOM

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
Y'all re saying chinko....mind u tecno F7 was manufactured in south korea tongue. So what's d difference wit Samsung If u doubt google it.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by emmysharp(m): 6:02am On Aug 17, 2013
MiSholz: [size=16pt][center]
Plum Presents
Blazing Fast "Volt"
[/center]
[/size]

- 5' Screen 1920*1080p
- Android 4.2.1
- 3G 850/2100
- 1.2 Ghz Quad Core CPU
- 8 mp Camera / Flash (back)
- 2 mp Camera (Front)
- 4 GB Internal Memory
- 1 GB Ram
- Micro SD 32 GB
- WiFi / Bluetooth
- Dual Sim Micro & mini
- FHD Recording
- 30 day standby time

Available Exclusively
By Plum

"add some plum to your life..."

www.plum-mobile.com

...and HOW MUCH is it?
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by aadejesu: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2013
If you compare tecno with the likes of jiayu, lenovo, thl e.t.c, it can not even stand anywhere, talk less of comparing it to samsung. That's just outrageous. Anyone who knows and understands a good droid can NEVER buy a tecno phone. They cannot even sell anything in their country, they rely on developing countries to buy their crap. Go and check aliexpress and the likes, the prices of phones with the same specs as tecno is about 100 USD max, and most of them are 2012 (or early 2013) phones. For me to respect tecno, they shold come out with a
1) MTK6589T 1.5gHz quad core chipset
2) A display resolution in the regoin of 1920 x 1080
3) A proper battery, atleast that can last 1.5 - 2 days
4) OTG, HDMI e.t.c
5) The most important; they should start thinking innovatively and taking Nigerians seriously, not trailing 3 steps behind what a normal android phone should be.
Mediatek octa-core chipsets are already in the horizon for major and serious phone companies, i'm sure tecno would wait for about a year when that's completely outdated before they start rolling out their octacores. #teamgoodphone
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Rexyl(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2013
aadejesu: If you compare tecno with the likes of jiayu, lenovo, thl e.t.c, it can not even stand anywhere, talk less of comparing it to samsung. That's just outrageous. Anyone who knows and understands a good droid can NEVER buy a tecno phone. They cannot even sell anything in their country, they rely on developing countries to buy their crap. Go and check aliexpress and the likes, the prices of phones with the same specs as tecno is about 100 USD max, and most of them are 2012 (or early 2013) phones. For me to respect tecno, they shold come out with a
1) MTK6589T 1.5gHz quad core chipset
2) A display resolution in the regoin of 1920 x 1080
3) A proper battery, atleast that can last 1.5 - 2 days
4) OTG, HDMI e.t.c
5) The most important; they should start thinking innovatively and taking Nigerians seriously, not trailing 3 steps behind what a normal android phone should be.
Mediatek octa-core chipsets are already in the horizon for major and serious phone companies, i'm sure tecno would wait for about a year when that's completely outdated before they start rolling out their octacores. #teamgoodphone

correct. tecno needs to take our markets very serious by providing quality phones with correct specicifications
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Beleeez(m): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
akinlolusewanu9: For the guys wondering if they can root their Tecno Phantom A, here is a tutorial to help you root your Tecno F7 http://phonegist..com/2013/07/how-to-root-tecno-phantom-tecno-f7.html
For dose hu dont know how to screen grab or screen shot on tecno phones, hold ur power button down wit ur volume down button to take d sreen shot of ur phone at any tym. grin Goto ur gallery nd look for screen shot folder smiley this works on any tecno android phones
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by sidvinci(m): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tecno fans get a job and stop showing us your African mentality. How can u compare America with asia or Europe best footballer with African best footballer.
It pain me seeing grow up acting like kids here.
You lost your s3 and bought tecno, you came here telling us that there is no difference. Guy you never owned s3 before.
Tecno can't sell in Europe or America. NiGerians can't change.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.