Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (136227 Views)

How To Root Tecno Phantom A+(f7) M3,l3,d5 And Q1 Easily. Bonaventure73 / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Proffdada: 9:52am On Jun 09, 2013
physise: guy u r a big fool who told u dat tecno does nt have 3g phones ignorant fool
why display your ignorance and illiteracy at such magnitude? I never said they don't have 3g phone, i said most tecno phones with high Specs come as 2G cuz they're tryna complement their power consumption. But because u can't read u jumped into conclusion. Half knowledge is very dangerous tongue
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 10:18am On Jun 09, 2013
caukerzee: and whats the lie?

Go back to the trash you wrote
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 12:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
ibietela2:

Go back to the trash you wrote
Butthurt tecno fanboy. Every single thing I wrote there was true and makes a whole lotta sense. I don't care If the f7 runs on JB or ICS, the point i was trying to make was that F7 will not get updates.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by fineemina: 8:21am On Jun 10, 2013
my fellow people I love Samsung and love tecno though one has higher specs and a higher price tag but we all know that the other does the job effortlessly
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by zeanslim(m): 9:50am On Jun 10, 2013
caukerzee: Butthurt tecno fanboy. Every single thing I wrote there was true and makes a whole lotta sense. I don't care If the f7 runs on JB or ICS, the point i was trying to make was that F7 will not get updates.
LOL do u want to use ur PHONE FOR (10) lol 2yrs

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2013
zeanslim:
i tire oo, update to what na? key lime pie wey neva come out abi?

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2013
Just curious, has anyone ever browsed the internet or download files here in nigeria at speed up to 5mb/sec.......NO, the highest i could get even wit a 4g modem inside of airtel's 3.75g/internet service center is around 2-2.5mb/sec. and that goes for even mtn n etisalat as well, so my curiosity remains that why do we worry ourselves about a phone's connection speed up to 21mbps, wen we only av internet service providers that barely give more than 3mbps. i still maintain that SGS3 is a real great phone n its worth its price, but Tecno F7 is also a good one in its level, dere's no nid to compare both phones. samsung is better but if u looking to get a very nice phone on budget, trust me Tecno F7 is fine....very fine. I'll post an unboxing and review video of the F7 soon, for d benefit of tecno fans who hasnt seen what it looks like.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by fineemina: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2013
i have gotten 5mbps on glo netpro around gbagada ups (lagos). (fasted I have ever seen but really hungry on mbs)
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by valboy20(m): 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
Proffdada: I hope you'll get to realize that tecno phones r just not the cheapest with competitive specs,once LEVONO (from china) steps into 9ja market then samsung will either pack their bags or sell at half prices, as for tecno let them enjoy these glory days of 2G phones they r churning out just to save batt consumption

guy you dey read with your ear abi you they put food for nose? you think say tecno na okada? abeg na android phone we dey talk about. 3g full ground gidigba.

so use your head
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by valboy20(m): 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
Niyiframes: Just curious, has anyone ever browsed the internet or download files here in nigeria at speed up to 5mb/sec.......NO, the highest i could get even wit a 4g modem inside of airtel's 3.75g/internet service center is around 2-2.5mb/sec. and that goes for even mtn n etisalat as well, so my curiosity remains that why do we worry ourselves about a phone's connection speed up to 21mbps, wen we only av internet service providers that barely give more than 3mbps. i still maintain that SGS3 is a real great phone n its worth its price, but Tecno F7 is also a good one in its level, dere's no nid to compare both phones. samsung is better but if u looking to get a very nice phone on budget, trust me Tecno F7 is fine....very fine. I'll post an unboxing and review video of the F7 soon, for d benefit of tecno fans who hasnt seen what it looks like.

tell them.

some of these critics don't even know what it looks like, the poster i quoted above falls into this strata. he thought tecno was an okada brand

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
zeanslim:
Do you change your phone for a flagship every 6 months? Most of my files are on internal memory, its not worth the stress of redownloading or transfering my files every 5 or 6 months because i want to enjoy new OS features on a new device when i can do that on my current one. So, yes i can use my phone for 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2013
caukerzee: Do you change your phone for a flagship every 6 months? Most of my files are on internal memory, its not worth the stress of redownloading or transfering my files every 5 or 6 months because i want to enjoy new OS features on a new device when i can do that on my current one. So, yes i can use my phone for 2 years.

Aptly said bro

One thing these guys don't know is that when you check the amount of money you spend on these low end phones over time, they'd be same or even higher than that of the high end phones. The F7 is 33k, soon Google will release the Kee lime pie of Android os series, Techno will make say an F9 and they will all rush to buy it just to enjoy the new os, but I will comfortably upgrade my device. Now let's say the F9 is sold for 40k add that to 33k for F7 and you are spending about 73k in less than six months. Mind you that the F9 whenever it comes will still be no match to SIII in terms of functionality and durability. Penny wise pounds foolish things.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Tycoon4(m): 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
xxyz17:

Aptly said bro

One thing these guys don't know is that when you check the amount of money you spend on these low end phones over time, they'd be same or even higher than that of the high end phones. The F7 is 33k, soon Google will release the Kee lime pie of Android os series, Techno will make say an F9 and they will all rush to buy it just to enjoy the new os, but I will comfortably upgrade my device. Now let's say the F9 is sold for 40k add that to 33k for F7 and you are spending about 73k in less than six months. Mind you that the F9 whenever it comes will still be no match to SIII in terms of functionality and durability. Penny wise pounds foolish things.

thrash!

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
Just unboxed my Tecno F7 some minits ago, comes with a 50hrs rechargable power bank, nice earpiece n sleek charger, this is my 1st time of using/buying a tecno phone. Phone n email Setup is straightforward n easy, i just switched my modem's sim card into it and currently using its wifi hotspot to browse on my imac rite now, works smoothly and feels nice n light in hand. I'm not an advocate of any brand oo, but i must say honestly, Tecno has actually steped up, for 33/34k this phone is worth it, n it even comes wit a 13months warranty. Good job Tecno, you guys have changed my impression about you. i'll be posting my unboxing n 1st use review on youtube soon.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
xxyz17:

Aptly said bro

TRASH TALK... by the way Techno is not Samsung that release new phone every 6 months. And oh its KEY LIME PIE

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
caukerzee: Butthurt tecno fanboy. Every single thing I wrote there was true and makes a whole lotta sense. I don't care If the f7 runs on JB or ICS, the point i was trying to make was that F7 will not get updates.

Are you going to eat update?? Besides it's not yet released. JB is still new until 2 more updates or so... You are here batching tecno when your useless country is yet to release a calculator

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Proffdada: 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2013
valboy20:

guy you dey read with your ear abi you they put food for nose? you think say tecno na okada? abeg na android phone we dey talk about. 3g full ground gidigba.

so use your head

Illiteracy is a disease but i never thought it'll be contagious, I never said TF7 has no 3G nor did i say tecno produces no 3G phones (FYI I use TN3 ) but i said MOST of their products r 2G cuz of power consumption. That's why they had to give xtra powerbank with d TF7
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 5:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
I still think som peeps are getting things mixed up here, i got curious about dis fone n i bought it, just to see ow it fares. Some peeps should try n be realistic here, u cant talk about how good or bad somting is wen uve not tryd it out, atleast have a hands on before u talk, thats what they call product sampling in marketing. I'd advice, dont spend ur money on brand names or cos of majority, rather spend on whatever meets ur nids.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ciphoenix: 5:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
ibietela2:

Are you going to eat update?? Besides it's not yet released. JB is still new until 2 more updates or so... You are here batching tecno when your useless country is yet to release a calculator
JellyBean new Interesting. When did the first JellyBean device arrive?
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Dabss(m): 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
xxyz17:

Dude address the issues. If you are engaging in a learned discuss, you have to make sure you are consistent and coherent with your line of argument, digression is a crime.
You asked me to list what I think SIII have that the F7 doest so you will prove me wrong, I did that and instead of you to prove that F7 have it, you went on to write a long epistle that doesn't address the subject matter undecided
I'm still waiting for your answer.
this is a benchmark test for hardware power/quality. (galaxy s3) pls post that of your f7.
A friend benchmarked his the total score was about 5600
Both devices use 1gb ram but my ram speed was more than 3X his own. I need not say more. (things like processing power)
Prove me wrong. Benchmark your phone and upload it here. (antutu v3 benchmark)

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Rexyl(m): 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
Though I have not used either of the phones Samsung would be a brand that makes difference.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
ibietela2:

Are you so hungry a person that you think only edible things have worth? Anyway, if you did not read what i said earlier here is it: The advantage of having a device that gets OS updates is the fact that i do not have to buy a new phone every 4-6 months in oder to enjoy new OS features.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Flosmythbert(m): 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
One fact that most of us are too hasty to discount is that Nigeria, regardless of our individual stations within it, is a developing third world country, and most of us are on a budget for luxury items like smartphones. so price and affordability more than anything else will likely be at the front burner of factors affecting our acquisitions.
therefore, there will always be a market for companies like tecno that afford the majority a cheaper alternative- and in my opinion a satisfactory alternative.
I have used high end HTC and Samsung devices and of late introduced myself to tecno and I must say that as far as am concerned tecno delivers very well on the android experience. not to mention that smartphones are mostly about running apps, and tecno android phones including the phantom have proven to be able to run most android apps under the sun more than satisfactorily, in addition to providing durability and constantly improving aesthetics.
I know there are a few people out there who wished tecno didn't exist so they could monopolize and flaunt the smartphone experience to otherwise not-so-well-to-do folk. but in my mind that is simply evidence of vanity, narrow mindedness and selfishness more than anything.

5 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by valboy20(m): 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
Proffdada: ,
Illiteracy is a disease but i never thought it'll be contagious, I never said TF7 has no 3G nor did i say tecno produces no 3G phones (FYI I use TN3 ) but i said MOST of their products r 2G cuz of power consumption. That's why they had to give xtra powerbank with d TF7

lil' dork...you wan' start a beef? bring it on. ama chew you raw.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by fineemina: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2013
xxyz17:
my dear brother I never told u I own f7 what I own is n7 and definitely they cannot b on par.

ur aim is to rubbish f7 in front of s3 right?

you just want to prove that your gun is bigger than my gun right?

don't forget it is the first to make a straight hit that stands tall.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Proffdada: 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
valboy20:

lil' dork...you wan' start a beef? bring it on. ama chew you raw.
U lost b4 d start,no beef in d first place just misplacement of common sense.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 4:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
Seriously the f7 should not be compared with the S3. That is the best phone in the world.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
caukerzee: Are you so hungry a person that you think only edible things have worth? Anyway, if you did not read what i said earlier here is it: The advantage of having a device that gets OS updates is the fact that i do not have to buy a new phone every 4-6 months in oder to enjoy new OS features.

Are you buying a new phone every time there is a new OS??
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
What's that OP saying?
2G phones with Power Bank 2 complement it due 2 power consumption?
Seriously... Sum peeps just suck!!!
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
Its beats me wen i find people from dis part of d world judge tins by ow much it costs. Come to tink of it sef, samsung devices are actually not dat expensive, if u normarlly buy tings from d U.S, they cusually cost almost half d price we buy dem here in 9ja, but dats not to say dat tecno is bera. as a practical person, I ad to buy d F7 and c ow it is. U may say u are an advanced user oo, but no fone is eva perfect.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by tishat(f): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
Samsung S3 for sale #brand new# pls contact 08087616667
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by DL(m): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ok I just bought this F7 and its really cool. I was actually gonna buy the galaxy grand duos but I just couldn't take my eyes off the F7 as soon as I saw it (never heard of it till I got to the phone shop). A quick comparison on the features I needed (dual-sim, 1 Ghz RAM, decent camera, ICS or JB OS, WIFI) and that was it. I am yet to be disappointed about that choice.

A quick question for all those ranting about china and chinese phones. Did you ever think that Kia and Hyundai (koreans) would be able to compete against Toyota and Honda (Japanese) in the automobile industry, let alone this consumer country of ours

Voila!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.