Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,830 members, 7,956,147 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:33 AM

Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu (12097 Views)

Armed Men Crossing Benue River En-Route Agatu (Video) - SBM Intelligence / In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by AngelicaDivine(f): 6:01am On Jun 06, 2013
ONITSHA — Nigeria Ambassador to Spain, Bianca Ojukwu, yesterday, in Onitsha, AnambraState revealed that many Igbo and other tribes got drowned in the ocean in a bid to cross over to Spain in search of greener pastures.

Disclosing this at a special interactive session/launching of almanac of the South East zonal chapter of the Campaign for Democracy, CD, Bianca regretted that the country they were struggling to get into was not better off than Nigeria, adding that on managing to get there they became jobless.

According to her, “as an ambassador to Spain, you come face to face with the trouble people are going through. I am sad that because things are not going on well in Nigeria the way they should, people now board ships to Spain and on their way, they get drowned.”

Regretting that it was hardship and suffering that made them to leave the country, she urged the state and Federal Governments to create enabling environment to help curtail the rush abroad.

On the bilateral relationship between Nigeria and Spain, Bianca stated that it has been very cordial, adding: “Nigeria has signed a lot of memorands of understanding, MoU, with Spain on various areas, cultural cooperation, education as well as transportation and infrastructures.”

She commended Dr. Okei-Odumakin, National President of CD, for her role in activism, saying she has made Nigeria proud, nationally and internationally.

Earlier, in her brief remarks, Prof. Okei-Odumakin had commended the South East branch of CD for its efforts in helping to better the welfare of the people.

In his welcome address, the chief host and chairman of CD in the South-East Zone, Dede Uzor.A Uzor expressed joy that Bianca left her tight schedules to be physically present at the function and urged her not to relent in her good works.

Dignitaries in attendance at the occasion included the Special Adviser to Governor Peter Obi on Political Matters, Chief Fidel Okafor who represented the Governor; the State police commissioner, Ballah Nasarawa who was represented by the Divisional Police Officer, DPO in Fegge, Mr. Makudi Shehu; the Chairmen of the five South East States of CD; Chairman of Vigilance group, Onitsha North, Chinenye Ihenko (a.k.a. Okpompi) and the President of Anambra Markets Amalgamated Traders Association, AMATAS, Chief Okwudili Ezenwankwo
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/many-nigerians-drown-en-route-spain-bianca-ojukwu/
Source: http://infonigeria24.com/many-nigerians-drown-en-route-spain-bianca-ojukwu/

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by braine(m): 6:11am On Jun 06, 2013
Angelica Divine:

According to her, “as an ambassador to Spain, you come face to face with the trouble people are going through. I am sad that because things are not going on well in Nigeria the way they should, people now board ships to Spain and on their way, they get drowned.”

Oh really? Madam, the truth is that you sit in the comfort of your office/home doing nothing. As if you give a damn about anyone.

5 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by israel007: 6:44am On Jun 06, 2013
Madam we're used to those lies. If that place no better, why u send some of ur relative or kidss go there.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 06, 2013
U morons, she's right because the unemployment rate in spain is on the increase,if u have listened to CNN lately u wil undstnd wat she said and by the way why would nigerians enter the spain thru illegal means....some pple just like to compound their problems anyway goodluck to them i just hope they dont freeze in the middle of the ocean

6 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by surveyProf(m): 7:37am On Jun 06, 2013
domcarez: U morons, she's right because the unemployment rate in spain is on the increase,if u have listened to CNN lately u wil undstnd wat she said and by the way why would nigerians enter the spain thru illegal means....some pple just like to compound their problems anyway goodluck to them i just hope they dont freeze in the middle of the ocean

You're correct, Spain, Greece, Portugual, etc are facing a deep recession in Europe currently!!!

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by dridowu: 9:47am On Jun 06, 2013
Stale news
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by dridowu: 9:49am On Jun 06, 2013
gboss4sure:

She is inside her office doing nothing so how did she get the information's.. You need brain cleansing.
u dnt have to b in d office b4 u get dat news

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by marvelousabah(m): 9:50am On Jun 06, 2013
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by slap1(m): 9:53am On Jun 06, 2013
surveyProf:

You're correct, Spain, Greece, Portugual, etc are facing a deep recession in Europe currently!!!
Have we not been in recession in Nigeria since you were born? (No offence meant)

6 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by deleteme: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2013
Okija juju: Who is Bianca?

She's the princess of Okija Shrine
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Evablazze(m): 9:57am On Jun 06, 2013
How many spanish drown and died en route Nigeria ? Mtchewwww
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 06, 2013
I hope my future husband dat i ve been waiting for all my life..., is not among those dat drowned??

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Opey4luv(m): 9:59am On Jun 06, 2013
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Desloaaa(f): 10:05am On Jun 06, 2013
nyere84: I hope my future husband dat i ve been waiting for all my life..., is not among those dat drowned??
Shebi na u say make bros go hustle

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by ZURYZEST(m): 10:07am On Jun 06, 2013
comment reserved
"lobatan"
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Okijajuju: 10:07am On Jun 06, 2013
nyere84: I hope my future husband dat i ve been waiting for all my life..., is not among those dat drowned??

ibeen think say na Enrique Iglesias you been wan marry before?

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 06, 2013
O boy see business opportunity, incase if you are doubting her and still want to go, come and learn how to swim first from me, I will take you on different classes in 2months. Just N100k only for 2months
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by texaco1: 10:21am On Jun 06, 2013
Desloaaa:
Shebi na u say make bros go hustle
guy u bad oo,haba u no even pity the lady
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by imsuboi(m): 10:27am On Jun 06, 2013
SMH.. Stu.pidity at its peak
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 06, 2013
desperation at the highest level, I wonder how some people feel all these developed countries are litter with gold.

opportunities abound in Nigeria they are only blind to see it.

God bless their hustle,Rip Bro.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by great664(m): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2013
My dear take heart, even if him join nor worrycuz Replacement Killer dey always be available. Just gree for that bobo wen be dey toast u, Live contnues
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Sweetapple007(f): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2013
What a painful death! Rip
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by moderatorr: 10:44am On Jun 06, 2013
braine:

Oh really? Madam, the truth is that you sit in the comfort of your office/home doing nothing. As if you give a damn about anyone.
haters gon' hate
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:47am On Jun 06, 2013
[b]Yet, thousands still go through that deadly route.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Okijajuju: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2013
190:

sharrap dia

didnt u cross bridge urself on foot to know about edo people in italy and yoruba;s in uk

nor make me curse u dis morning angry angry

Baba! Na hail I dey hail you o!

Based on say me and you don tey, I say make I find out wetin dey make you para for me.. Shey I lie abi na theEdo wey I call dey pain you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment / Muric Welcomes Jolly Nyame’s Sentence- Ishaq Akintola / Hon Abdulmumin Jibrin Emerge DG Femi Gbajabiamila Speakership Campaign Org

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.