Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars (22949 Views)

The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others / Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ok...
Most of you might have heard that enugu state govenment purchased a hundred kia's lastest model of the rio to be used as police cars about a week ago. Me personally love the idea cos it gave the police a lil more swag. Not only that; they (police) are now everywhere with there cars parked on the street corners waiting on every little offense to b commited. Fact is many people hate the idea. Some argued the cars are too expensive and grand for the nigerian police given the fact they'd ruin it in a couple of days. Others argue that he (Sullivan) should'av purchased innoson's brand of police patrol cars that look like the hilux trucks.some even called him a drunkard and accused him of making that decision while he was drunk.

What do you guys think? Should we tank Sullivan ot crucify him? ​

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by kunlekunle: 7:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
we should blame fasola for not patronising innoson,

16 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2013
Someone just told me on bbm that these police guys always have there car windows up always n probably av the ac on full blast thus distracting them. undecided
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by owobokiri(m): 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
He buys kia cars for his gfs..., kia for the police..., etc, Is it a question of just being madly in love with kia... Or has he got some shares in that company? The cars are cool though. At least for patrols.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by joeluv: 7:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
Nigerians and poverty mentality, we need to step outta that shit menh... i love the cars....

14 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
This is really interesting, the cars are cool and everything, but if fashola had done this, my eastern brethren would have accused him of tribalism, they would ask why he didn't buy it from innoson down east while their own governors self no deem am fit to buy from the company.

10 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2013
django1: This is really interesting, the cars are cool and everything, but if fashola had done this, my eastern brethren would have accused him of tribalism, they would ask why he didn't buy it from innoson down east while their own governors self no deem am fit to buy from the company.
read the post well bro, pple already said such. I dunno why u would even mention tribalism in this situation bro. Besides Sullivan already gave his reason why he didn't purchase innoson bt I didn't get the report

4 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by KakiP(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
Good move but the Nigerian police don't know how to maintain such properties.

7 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by mekaboy(m): 8:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
If you ask me, these cars are too flashy for the Nigerian police, but if it improves security, its welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by ghananotnaija(m): 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kia is not swag! BMW or Mercedes-Benz or Audi is swag.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by ebucha: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
Them go soon SCATTER am

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
liberty300: read the post well bro, pple already said such. I dunno why u would even mention tribalism in this situation bro. Besides Sullivan already gave his reason why he didn't purchase innoson bt I didn't get the report

Actually I was referring to ppl on nairaland, I don't ever make a generalization of ppl.

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by ba7man(m): 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
These cars aren't flashy, they're amongst the cheapest brand new cars you can buy. It might polish up the image of the police but if they could wreck Hilux trucks and Prado SUVs the way they did, I wonder what they'll do to these.

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
I'm highly disappointed. Chime should have patronised the locally assembled patrol vans. These politicians just mouth high unemployment rate but do nothing about it. Shame!

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by IGBOSON1: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
ghananotnaija: Kia is not swag! BMW or Mercedes-Benz or Audi is swag.

^^^Abeg keep quiet dia! Show me the one Ghana police are using in Accra, never mind Kumasi!

6 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by IGBOSON1: 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
liberty300: Someone just told me on bbm that these police guys always have there car windows up always n probably av the ac on full blast thus distracting them. undecided

^^^Well at least their skin will be freshing from all that ntuoyi!.....one of the few perks of the job. wink
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by pekelepekele(m): 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kamanda: Let me finish this carton of Gulder first.I will comment when my eye don clear.

BTW,first to comment-thanks be to Jah!!!

Correct man oya finish am make you come comment with your pot belly

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by RickyRoss1(m): 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
1. The Nigerian police are useless bunch of cowards, even if you give them Caterpillar they will wreck it under few months. For this I think the Nigerian police needs specially made cars/suvs like HUMMER JEEP. If they can wreck very strong vehicles like Toyota Hilux, I wonder what would become of these Kia cars within the next few months. Kia is not that strong as we all know.

2. I would have loved the governor to purchase locally made Innoson brand but its on record no other state governor patronizes The Innoson brand more than The Enugu State Government.

3. Innoson should stop relying on the government for patronage. His vehicles are good and he needs to start marketing/advertising his products to West Africans. This is just about the only company that does not do any kind of marketing or advertising at all. Most Nigerians do not even know this company exist, its only on Nairaland most people got to know about Innoson.

25 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by bisi16(m): 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2013
Really cool but dem go kill d cars finish b4 end of d year
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by DGovnor1(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
liberty300: Ok...
Most of you might have heard that enugu state govenment purchased a hundred kia's lastest model of the rio to be used as police cars about a week ago. Me personally love the idea cos it gave the police a lil more swag. Not only that; they (police) are now everywhere with there cars parked on the street corners waiting on every little offense to b commited. Fact is many people hate the idea. Some argued the cars are too expensive and grand for the nigerian police given the fact they'd ruin it in a couple of days. Others argue that he (Sullivan) should'av purchased innoson's brand of police patrol cars that look like the hilux trucks.some even called him a drunkard and accused him of making that decision while he was drunk.

What do you guys think? Should we tank Sullivan ot crucify him? ​
Thank him, and pray of what becomes of the vehicles in 3 years time.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by thrugemaster(m): 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ricky_Ross: 1. The Nigerian police are useless bunch of cowards, even if you give them Caterpillar they will wreck it under few months. For this I think the Nigerian police needs specially made cars/suvs like HUMMER JEEP. If they can wreck very strong vehicles like Toyota Hilux, I wonder what would become of these Kia cars within the next few months. Kia is not that strong as we all know.

2. I would have loved the governor to purchase locally made Innoson brand but its on record no other state governor patronizes The Innoson brand more than The Enugu State Government.

3. Innoson should stop relying on the government for patronage. His vehicles are good and he needs to start marketing/advertising his products to West Africans. This is just about the only company that does not do any kind of marketing or advertising at all. Most Nigerians do not even know this company exist, its only on Nairaland most people got to know about Innoson.

true talk

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by obailala(m): 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kaki P: Good move but the Nigerian police don't know how to maintain such properties.

Ricky_Ross: 1. The Nigerian police are useless bunch of cowards, even if you give them Caterpillar they will wreck it under few months. For this I think the Nigerian police needs specially made cars/suvs like HUMMER JEEP. If they can wreck very strong vehicles like Toyota Hilux, I wonder what would become of these Kia cars within the next few months. Kia is not that strong as we all know.

Point of correction, it is not just Nigerian police. Policemen all over the world have a penchant for wrecking cars undecided undecided

The only problem is that when these cars are wrecked in Nigeria, they will not be replaced

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
Armed robber go soon dey snatch police cars............this cars cool no be small*GTA mind*

12 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mtcheeew! Waste 0f res0urces
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by johnwizey: 10:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
ℓ̊ tink its cool,weldone Mr Guvnor. ℓ̊ hope dose Police Officers will nt make business out of it sha
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Lanceslot(m): 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2013
Why do we africans like complaining so much? Even if na innoson product d man buy, they will still complain.... Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by johnwizey: 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
Y are u guyz criticizing the Govnor as if he stole a Nokia 3310? Shebi na lambourghini Dubai police dey use, so if our police are given such cars,its a welcum development

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by slimfit1(m): 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
Good thing, now pay the police properly.
Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Denn(m): 10:52pm On Jun 06, 2013
Why choose dark colors? Police cars should have clear inscriptions and not dark backgrounds.

Apart from the vehicle structure, what other component is inside that could aid their work? Radios, cameras etc

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by Abok1(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2013

I laugh in Hindi.

This is swag, not kia

Anyways, its a good start

4 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions On Enugu's Kia Police Cars by RickyRoss1(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Abeg keep quiet dia! Show me the one Ghana police are using in Accra, never mind Kumasi!

Dont mind the guy, ghana police only use old and cheap tata vehicles. The most expensive Ghana police cars were donated by our own OBJ, that was why they named a popular highway in Accra after him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency Fires Director Over Plagiarism Of Obama's Speech / Senator Nyako Speaks On Decamping From APC / Shehu Sani Replies Presidency: You Taught PDP How To Politicize Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.