Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video (1326 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online / Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by Alxmyr(m): 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ondo state governor, Olusegun Mimiko has taken a swipe at his Rivers State counterpart and the embattled chairman of a faction of Nigeria Governors Forum, Chibuike Amaechi daring him to prove that he voted during the controversial NGF election.

"Amaechi should not hide under religion to cover up his anti-democratic dispositions. Nothing stops Governor Amaechi from proving to the world that I voted by using the same video he has been using to tell the public that there was an election", the governor said in a statement released today in Akure.

"If Amaechi is saying I voted at the election, I think he should prove it to the whole world that I did. I sincerely believe that a process must have led to the declaration of result contained in their few minutes video clip. That later part can’t come in isolation. I challenge him to show the entire proceedings, including where I voted".

While accusing Amaechi of being autocratic, he urged the embattled chairman not to"take ecclesiastic refuge for his undemocratic dispositions by dragging the church into the Forum’s disputed election as a way of covering up his anti-democratic tendencies".

PROVE TO THE WORLD THAT I VOTED WITH YOUR SECRET VIDEO

"Amaechi should tell the world whether or not he presided over his own election despite cries that he should step aside for an interim chairman to preside over the same election as it is the practice in any democratic setting
"He should also tell the world whether or not he was the sole provider of ballot papers and ballot box used for the charade where he was also a contestant.
"He should tell the world why he insisted he must contest for another term even when he knew that negates the norm in the Forum."
"the height of treachery for the Governor to have installed secret video camera to record his colleagues without their consent simply because he is acting the script of another agenda inimical to the progress of the Forum.
"It is not acceptable, it is undemocratic, it is the height of desperation, it won’t work because Nigerians can no longer afford to be fooled." –

Amaechi should not hide under religion to cover up his anti-democratic dispositions. Nothing stops Governor Amaechi from proving to the world that I voted by using the same video he has been using to tell the public that there was an election.

"If Amaechi is saying I voted at the election, I think he should prove it to the whole world that I did. I sincerely believe that a process must have led to the declaration of result contained in their few minutes video clip. That later part can’t come in isolation. I challenge him to show the entire proceedings, including where I voted".
"cannot take ecclesiastic refuge for his undemocratic dispositions by dragging the church into the Forum’s disputed election as a way of covering up his anti-democratic tendencies".
"Amaechi should tell the world whether or not he presided over his own election despite cries that he should step aside for an interim chairman to preside over the same election as it is the practice in any democratic setting
"He should also tell the world whether or not he was the sole provider of ballot papers and ballot box used for the charade where he was also a contestant.
"He should tell the world why he insisted he must contest for another term even when he knew that negates the norm in the Forum."
"the height of treachery for the Governor to have installed secret video camera to record his colleagues without their consent simply because he is acting the script of another agenda inimical to the progress of the Forum.
"It is not acceptable, it is undemocratic, it is the height of desperation, it won’t work because Nigerians can no longer afford to be fooled." –

http://believeafrica.net/mimiko-to-amaechi-dont-hide-under-religion-prove-that-i-voted-with-your-p303-107.htm

http://believeafrica.net/mimiko-to-amaechi-dont-hide-under-religion-prove-that-i-voted-with-your-p303-107.htm
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by touch4mony: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ok ngwa mr Amechi show us how they casted their voted since u can show the counting of the votes.the election last for 3hrs or so but d clips is not up to 20mns.I get planty mb to watch am.let's go there,fools way call them selfs leader's
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by touch4mony: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ok ngwa mr Amechi show us how they casted their voted since u can show the counting of the votes.the election last for 3hrs or so but d clips is not up to 20mns.I get planty mb to watch am.let's go there,fools way call them selfs leader's.
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by malc619(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mimiko is being "too clever by half". Why not tell us categorically that you didn't vote? Why all this sermon??

The question is: Mr. Mimiko did you vote during the NGF election?? YES or NO

1 Like

Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by Marotzke(m): 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2013
malc619: Mimiko is being "too clever by half". Why not tell us categorically that you didn't vote? Why all this sermon??

Amaechi started the ' proof' game. let him conclude it. you can't start by providing a video proof, for an election that you conducted, and then conclude it by inviting God to be your witness.

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
touch4mony: Ok ngwa mr Amechi show us how they casted their voted since u can show the counting of the votes.the election last for 3hrs or so but d clips is not up to 20mns.I get planty mb to watch am.let's go there,fools way call them selfs leader's.
Edit before the arrival of the English Professors A.K.A Grammarians o
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by Alxmyr(m): 6:14am On Jun 07, 2013
malc619: Mimiko is being "too clever by half". Why not tell us categorically that you didn't vote? Why all this sermon??

Since they secret video of what happened, Amaechi camp should release this video to Nigeria society to proof those that voted.
When one man's action causes such disaffection amongst his peers, he is definitely an handful to say the least.
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by gbadexy(m): 8:00am On Jun 07, 2013
It should be obvious that amaechi was only bluffing and wanted to scare them into owing up.
It also is apparent that mimiko is not comfortable to say it before God that he didn't vote.
At least I give him kudos for having enough conscience not to go to church with amaechi if that would be possible to begin with.
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by Marotzke(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
gbadexy: It should be obvious that amaechi was only bluffing and wanted to scare them into owing up.
It also is apparent that mimiko is not comfortable to say it before God that he didn't vote.
At least I give him kudos for having enough conscience not to go to church with amaechi if that would be possible to begin with.
The bigger hypocrite is Amaechi.
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by egift(m): 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
The video clearly prove that Mimiko voted. When they counted the reference was always 35, which was never protested upon. The burden of proof is on Mimiko to provide evidence he did not vote.

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsFbpqgJv4I
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
Abeg wetin be the title of their video sef?
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by Goddex: 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
That election was not conclusive when argument set in. It is very possible that Mimiko did not vote.
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by abacus(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
touch4mony: Ok ngwa mr Amechi show us how they casted their voted since u can show the counting of the votes.the election last for 3hrs or so but d clips is not up to 20mns.I get planty mb to watch am.let's go there,fools way call them selfs leader's

Am sure you think thru your anus.
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by abacus(m): 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
Marotzke: The bigger hypocrite is Amaechi.
And the bigger fo.ol is Mimiko.

It's not about who vote or not, it's all about Mimiko et al are bad losers. Posterity will tell.
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by Samxiulee: 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2013
Why is mr governor disgracing us like this nau?its better he keep quiet.
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by enm(m): 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
me I don talk say I no go comments for this issue but the more I read people comments on these the more cave in to the desire to comment.

NGF as far as am concerned is a pressure group wanting to assert authority over the presidency and you can not the presidency to sit down they look and becomes a rubber stamp of the governors.

Now to some of my fellow poster, mimiko raised some issues una dey relegate to the background, an allegations against the ameachi camp.

He asked them to show us the whole video from beginning to ending, according to una make he go sit down. to the lawyers and judges can the video on circulation be tender and accepted by competent court of law as an evidence material? if yes pls give us reasons

He said ameachi presided over the election that saw him re elected as chairman. the question is is it true or not and if it true, is it accepted as a democrat

He said that the voting materials was provided by ameachi or it camp on the d day? question is was there verification of the materials by all party and if not what happened to the principles of fairness to all.

At least there should be some sense of integrity and honour in both camp and between both camp. Shebi dem be governor
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by emmatok(m): 12:41am On Jun 21, 2013
LOL, MIMIKO is just angry that the election was recorded.

Their is no way to show every individual that voted on an election.

The vote was counted in that video and the rest is history.
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by musiwa25: 1:44am On Jun 21, 2013
stop talking nonsense.. the governorship election was rigged.

2 governors were not there... But the video show they counted 35 governor.

showing the governor of Yobe did not video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm2scT2tBJg

Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by enm(m): 7:23am On Jun 21, 2013
thank you musiwa and GOD bless you
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by egift(m): 7:31am On Jun 21, 2013
emmatok:
LOL, MIMIKO is just angry that the election was recorded.

Their is no way to show every individual that voted on an election.

The vote was counted in that video and the rest is history.

Don't mind this people. He is now saying he did not vote but before, during and after the vote counting they keep calling 35 repeatedly and nobody (Jang, Mimiko, Akpabio, Obi, etc) - none of them said NO that since they did not vote the total can't be 35. Because they still had hopes that the men they extracted signatures from will still fall in line like mumus.

Gov. Mimiko should please stop disgracing the good people of his state. I know he have lied alot, if he cannot appologies to the nation, he can at least keep quite.
Re: Mimiko To Amaechi: Don't Hide Under Religion, Prove That I Voted With Your Video by Demdem(m): 7:36am On Jun 21, 2013
Mimiko is just being sttupid. Why cant he just say that he was just there at the venue and he didnt vote but remained a dummy throughout. That alone will nullify the 19-16 tally of votes casted.
I cant imagine that this dafto is the one governing the beloved Ondo.

(1) (Reply)

Who Remember This Song / Al Mustafa Visits Asari Dokubo / Abuja Killings: FCT To Demolish 100,435 Buildings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.