Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Sekibo Dumps Acn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sekibo Dumps Acn (919 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Senator Sekibo, Other PDP Lawmakers / Why Didn't The Nominee From Enugu Answer The Question By George Sekibo On Biafra / Wike, Ekweremadu Differ With Jonathan, Wife Over John Eno, Sekibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sekibo Dumps Acn by texaco1: 8:35am On Jun 07, 2013
The Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Rivers State and Governorship Candidate in the 2011 Governorship Election Dr Abiye Sekibo, has resigned his membership of the party. According to Dr Sekibo in a letter dated Wednesday, June 5, 2013, addressed to the National Chairman of the Party, his resignation is based on personal reasons. “I wish all my friends and colleagues who are still in the party well”, Dr Sekibo said.

spyghana.com/sekibo-dumps-action-congress-of-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Sekibo Dumps Acn by Maxymilliano(m): 9:02am On Jun 07, 2013
Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in Rivers State and the party’s governorship candidate in the 2011 governorship election, Dr Abiye Sekibo, has made good his threat to rejoin the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as he has resigned his membership of the party yesterday.
Sekibo in his resignation letter, dated Wednesday, June 5, 2013 and addressed to the National Chairman of the party, Chief Adebisi Akande, said his resignation is based on personal reasons.

“I wish all my friends and colleagues who are still in the party well,” Sekibo said.

The Rivers’ ACN leader and the party’s National Treasurer, Kenneth Kobani, has in a press release on Wednesday criticised the party’s national leader and former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, over his meeting with Governor Rotimi Amechi without recourse to the state executive members.

Tinubu was also accused of setting up a two-man committee to meet with the national officers of the party over their varying positions on the romance with the Rivers State governor.

The party, in a statement signed by its Publicity Secretary, Jerry Needam, has said a two-man committee comprising; Dr Abiye Sekibo and Kenneth Kobani, national treasurer, who hails from the state has been mandated to communicate its stands to the national party leader.

The committee’s stand centered on the unilateral resolve by the ACN national leaders to identify with and work in the interest of Governor Amaechi who it alleged ‘is entrapped in an intractable Peoples Democratic party, PDP, crisis that tends to consign him into political irrelevance.’

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/rivers-acn-leader-sekibo-dumps-party/

Good move by Dr. Abiye, no use running on the wrong road and PDP is leaving no stone unturned to make sure it come out stronger by re-admitting into its fold, the likes of Dr. Abiye, Sir Celestine Omehia and Sergent Awuse.
Re: Sekibo Dumps Acn by Reptyle(m): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2013
texaco1: The Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Rivers State and Governorship Candidate in the 2011 Governorship Election Dr Abiye Sekibo, has resigned his membership of the party. According to Dr Sekibo in a letter dated Wednesday, June 5, 2013, addressed to the National Chairman of the Party, his resignation is based on personal reasons. “I wish all my friends and colleagues who are still in the party well”, Dr Sekibo said.

spyghana.com/sekibo-dumps-action-congress-of-nigeria/

Sekibo was never a member of ACN in spirit. He only went on hiatus from PDP so he could run for elections in 2011. Sekibo and his ilk are only loyal to their stomachs and na anywhere dem belle face naim dem dey go. I hope he understands that he now has Wike to contend with for the PDP ticket in Rivers State...that is of course if the party manages to vanquish Amaechi before 2015.
Re: Sekibo Dumps Acn by gramci: 10:59am On Jun 07, 2013
The road is now clear for Amaechi to decamp to APC. Sekibo 2015 cheesy
Re: Sekibo Dumps Acn by miqos02(m): 11:03am On Jun 07, 2013
ok
Re: Sekibo Dumps Acn by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 07, 2013
I have said it before that the River state chapter of ACN is an appendage of the PDP,so they have shown us what they ate made of.

The idea of sekibo in ACN was to contest election 2011 and dump them but now that the presidency is fighting Amachi,the only option for him is to decamp to PDP;take over the affairs of the part and through the influence of Patience who is his relation will become the next governor of Rivers .
Re: Sekibo Dumps Acn by texaco1: 11:41am On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:
I have said it before that the River state chapter of ACN is an appendage of the PDP,so they have shown us what they ate made of.

The idea of sekibo in ACN was to contest election 2011 and dump them but now that the presidency is fighting Amachi,the only option for him is to decamp to PDP;take over the affairs of the part and through the influence of Patience who is his relation will become the next governor of Rivers .
and so?what is sekibo crime in all that u have said?is this not politics?

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State House Of Assembly Saga Remix By Dj Ziggy... / What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. / Chidi Lloyd Remanded In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.