Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Zakir Naik Live In Abuja - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Zakir Naik Live In Abuja (22991 Views)

Dr Zakir Naik At National Stadium Surulere Sat & Sun June 15th & 16th / Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June / Dr Zakir Naik; Who Is He? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by habumaks(m): 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
This guy has the whole Bible in his head, both new and old testaments. Even big pastors are usually scared to face him in debates.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by ChristKid1: 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2013
udatso:
Where did you get that info? I watched peace tv india today and even watched some of his lectures....please I need proof sir

udatso:
Google will always be loyal to you

grin
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by JoelFelix(m): 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2013
smoy: Quran and science is the topic goin on now
do you really know what you are talking about?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by ChristKid1: 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
lanrexlan: Liar,peace tv is located in Dubai,not india.....Peace

Understand my post please before calling me a liar. I didn't mention the location. I just said its been banned in India. The government has banned ptv from airing there. But its still operating there illegally.

3 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
rahamAllah: Most of these nut head bigots(false Christians) are not even practising what's in their book never to talk of interfering in other peoples religion.
Let them just go relax their ugly minds and let the tolerant Muslims do their thing.
Live and let live pls.

And the intolerant ones that would be encouraged by this terrorist sympathizer? This man who doesn't understand that Nigeria is a secular state where one is free to build churches or mosques?

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
maclatunji:

He is a lecturer. His lectures that I have watched make sense. Sorry, can't watch your video at the moment.

Look at it this way, why has the Indian government not acted against this 'terrorist' you are trying to nail?

Maybe it is because his followers will go on rampage.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2013
lanrexlan: Another lie,peace tv is being located in Dubai since it inauguration,All the broadcasts are done in Dubai,not India.Only some conferences are done in india and the clips are sent to Dubai.....Peace

I understand that you are one of this man's followers, but please try to make sense in your responses.

Zakir is an Indian. Maclatunji asked why the Indian government hasn't taken action against him. Then ChristKid revealed that the Indian government DID take action against him by banning his TV channel.

No one is lying about anything. All I said was that he is NOT located in India, because his channel is BANNED in India. Dubai has nothing to do with it. This is not hard to understand.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by Iykeponti(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2013
Why Abuja? He should go to Borno to lecture his pple... b/h angry
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by akandejames: 10:33pm On Jun 08, 2013
we can only grow in strength and become respected again in the world if only we reason my fellow youths based on facts not sentiments. if Dr. Zakir or Sheikh Khalid Yasin are in Nigeria, let people of other faith defend what they preach to millions of Nigerians if indeed they a truthful. mud slinging and name calling wont taint their names. this is about being sure of what you devote your life to. its a serious investment. both muslims and christians should learn about their faith and dont be religious bigots. I wish I was in Lagos but anyway, Dr Zakir was in Malaysia and the scene was marvelous.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by preselect(m): 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to any religion

Ok, but you allow free offensive tribal posts. I think you should re-examine your stand on selective civility. Do something about the negative and prejudicial tribal offensives spewed herein nairaland everyday.

Anyways, at topic,
So just a few weeks after two guys of Nigerian ancestry are involved in terrorism in London, and boko haram still spitting fire, this guy who once said every Muslim should be a terrorists arrives Abuja for a lecture huh? Soon some new guys may be brainwashed or "misconstrue" his teachings and do something bad.

I'm seriously concerned. If he's banned in the UK, for good reason, I don't see why Nigeria should let him come in to spread his message.

2 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by lanrexlan(m): 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

I understand that you are one of this man's followers, but please try to make sense in your responses.

Zakir is an Indian. Maclatunji asked why the Indian government hasn't taken action against him. Then ChristKid revealed that the Indian government DID take action against him by banning his TV channel.

No one is lying about anything. All I said was that he is NOT located in India, because his channel is BANNED in India. Dubai has nothing to do with it. This is not hard to understand.
You are just getting me wrong.Peace tv is still broadcasting till now even in india.I do chat with a brother in india and he still watches peace tv.It may be banned in some parts of india,i'm not sure of that.But saying peace tv has been banned completely is a lie.And moreover peace tv isn't located in india,it's in Dubai.....Peace
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by Mzbanks(m): 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
Search his name on Google?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by vedaxcool(m): 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
Please those who participated in the programme should provide their update, abi na only smoy wey attend the programme for the whole NL? And brothers please ignore the noise makers and let face the purpose of the thread, which is UPDATE!

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by Gudiza(m): 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2013
lanrexlan: You are just getting me wrong.Peace tv is still broadcasting till now even in india.I do chat with a brother in india and he still watches peace tv.It may be banned in some parts of india,i'm not sure of that.But saying peace tv has been banned completely is a lie.And moreover peace tv isn't located in india,it's in Dubai.....Peace

Operating 'ILLEGALLY'......Gosh! you're such a knuckle head. NO ONE can be this ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by akandejames: 11:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
pres-elect:

Ok, but you allow free offensive tribal posts. I think you should re-examine your stand on selective civility. Do something about the negative and prejudicial tribal offensives spewed herein nairaland everyday.

Anyways, at topic,
So just a few weeks after two guys of Nigerian ancestry are involved in terrorism in London, and boko haram still spitting fire, this guy who once said every Muslim should be a terrorists arrives Abuja for a lecture huh? Soon some new guys may be brainwashed or "misconstrue" his teachings and do something bad.

I'm seriously concerned. If he's banned in the UK, for good reason, I don't see why Nigeria should let him come in to spread his message.

I listened to the same lectures he said Muslims should be terrorists but in what context. being extremely generous, friendly, prayerful, hardworking. these were Dr. Zakir Naik's definition of why have we been labelled terrorist.

Propaganda wont stop open hearted people from seeking for the truth. The question is what exactly are we scared of?

2 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by vedaxcool(m): 11:48pm On Jun 08, 2013
akande.james:

I listened to the same lectures he said Muslims should be terrorists but in what context. being extremely generous, friendly, prayerful, hardworking. these were Dr. Zakir Naik's definition of why have we been labelled terrorist.

Propaganda wont stop open hearted people from seeking for the truth. The question is what exactly are we scared of?

U go mind them? These people r experts in lying, it is in their genes to tell lies regardless of whether they remain christians or become atheist, that liar trait goes on in them, I believe this sort of people do not practice their religion well and r only christians by name, . . ., like I said earlier we need to ignore this noise makers and post update on his visit! Hopefully by monday, I will be able to get information on his visit if none post anything!

3 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by Aderoux: 12:12am On Jun 09, 2013
his statement were quoted out of context. he said if a robber or any anti social element sees a policeman he is terrified. to the robber the policeman is a terrorist.if any anti social element sees a muslim he should be terrified. in this context every muslim should be a terrorist. he continues i know the definition of terrorism means terrorising innocent beings in this context no muslim should terrorise any innocent human being. any reasonable human being would see that there is nothing wrong in his statement.

2 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by maclatunji: 12:16am On Jun 09, 2013
latifatai: I wonder why some people will want to comment by force.
Zakir Naik is an islamic scholar who preaches nothing but peace. His ban from UK is baseless as he was quoted out of context. If you ever listen to any of his lectures then you will come to agree with me.
Instead of just being an online activist, why dont you try attend any of his lectures and seek clarification on any issue bothering on islam. He will infact give you preference on questions session over the muslims.
Insha Allah, he will be in lagos next weekend. The venue is sky pavillion, opebi
He accomodates people of other faith, not like the ignorant boko haram.

All of those who have questions for the man should meet him in Lagos.

One thing I know is that many of those antagonising the man do so to satisfy their needs to antagonise Islam and Muslims not because of any facts against him. Reverend Jesse Jackson spoke on May 29, Democracy Day Celebrations, you did not see Muslims trying to run him down because of that.

Even if you brought the most docile, shy 18 year old Muslim woman you could find to deliver a well publicised series of lectures like this, you would still have many crying foul.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by Gudiza(m): 12:45am On Jun 09, 2013
maclatunji: One thing I know is that many of those antagonising the man do so to satisfy their needs to antagonise Islam and Muslims not because of any facts against him.

I find it a bit of an irony you happen to know this, but yet, did not bother to watch the clip yourself.

Not trying to hate, I'm sure he means well, but the fact is, inviting a controversial persona at this critical point in our nationhood is very risky...and this threat is real. We need more PEACE. Happy Sunday y'all.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by probsolver: 12:46am On Jun 09, 2013
@akande james and some other people thanks a lot for clarifying things. NOTE: my bros and sis in ISLAM; it is now clear that Some people are ready to divert the focus of any islamic topic on the internet just to misled the innocent ones. So we need to strategise on how to deal with them intellectually. Take nairaland as a reference ANY islamic topic they will ensure they divert its focus. For ur own good it is better to desist from such unholy atittude b4 u earn d wrath of almighty Allah. I watch Dr Zakir Naik on my JoyTV channel 72 a lot. He is a sound and intellectual Islamic orator.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by probsolver: 12:55am On Jun 09, 2013
He has engaged a lot of scholars of other faiths not only christians. Hindus, vegetarians and lots of them and defeat them using their own scriptures against them. Whenever he debates any scholars he doesn't open d scriptures he quotes off hands and since he has started his preaching over two decades no single scholar of any faith has defeated him. You too (nairaland christians/atheist) you can tell your pastors to come and ask him questions when he comes to lagos by friday tru sunday. He is indeed a genius.
Download his lecrures on youtubr u will be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by probsolver: 1:00am On Jun 09, 2013
LAGOS PROGRAMME SCHEDULE
DR. ZAKIR NAIK IS COMING TO
NIGERIA:-
ISLAMIC RESOURCE CENTRE(IRC)__TH ­
E ISLAMIC PLATFORM SOCIETY OF
NIGERIA.
INVITES THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO
ITS
PRE-RAMADHAN 1434AH/2013
LECTURE SERIES
THEME:- THE RELIGION OF PEACE.
DAY 1:- Friday 14th June,
2013(6th of Sha'ban, 1434Ah)
TOPIC:- Salaah: The Programming
Towards Righteousness.
TIME:- 4:00pm-7:00pm
DAY 2:saturday, 15th June,
2013(7th Sha'ban, 1434Ah)
TOPIC:- Similarities Between Islam
And Christianity.
TIME:- 10:00am-1:30pm
DAY 3:- Sunday, 16th June,
2013(8th, Sha'ban, 1434Ah)
TOPIC:- Concept Of God In Major
World Religions.
TIME:- 10:00am-1:30pm
VENUE:- THE SKY PAVILION,
ADEBOLA HOUSE OPEBI,
IKEJA,LAGOS STATE.
GUEST SPEAKERS:- HIS EMINENCE:
DR. ZAKIR ABDULKARIM NAIK
(PRESIDENT,ISLAMIC RESEARCH
FOUNDATION, MUMBAI, INDIA.)
MASTER FARIQ NAIK
TICKET IS FREE........
LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE...

The second speaker is his son, very good also.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by probsolver: 1:06am On Jun 09, 2013
As for the UK Ban.
He has been to UK several times to giv talk b4 a journalist wrote an article quote him out of context that he said 'every muslim shd be a terrorist' and call for his ban. Which UK govt did without investigation and he has challenge the action in UK court even Indian govt and some Indian Human Rights activists join in challenging UK govt so its a big lie saying Indian govt ban his TV station from airing.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by probsolver: 1:09am On Jun 09, 2013
Gudiza:

I find it a bit of an irony you happen to know this, but yet, did not bother to watch the clip yourself.

Not trying to hate, I'm sure he means well, but the fact is, inviting a controversial persona at this critical point in our nationhood is very risky...and this threat is real. Happy Sunday y'all.
He is never a controvertial person. He is been quote out of context. Serch youtube urself and watch his lectures if u ar open minded u will be glad u did.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by probsolver: 1:20am On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by Aikayy: 1:25am On Jun 09, 2013
udatso:
You are very funny....now is the time we need peopple like him. Some of us believe that even though boko haram claim to be muslims, they do not follow the teachings of islam and at such we don't consider them true muslims. He is a popularly known scholar who can answer all your questions about islam and all you have been made to believe wrongly by the media or other sources. UK banned him but this is nigeria....uk is ok with gay marriage but we are not...so many things UK do that we don't or things they don't permit but we permit...brother, if I were you, I would make sure I attend and attack him with questions....if islam is a false religion, here is your opportunity to find out. If only christians can organise events like this where people of different faith can come in, I would be so glad cos I av lots of questions about christianity that I am yet to find good answers for...peace

Dude, if u have any questions about chritainity, u don't need some scholar from pluto to answer them... Just go to the church nearest to u and ask whatever question u have.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by lanrexlan(m): 6:19am On Jun 09, 2013
probsolver: As for the UK Ban.
He has been to UK several times to giv talk b4 a journalist wrote an article quote him out of context that he said 'every muslim shd be a terrorist' and call for his ban. Which UK govt did without investigation and he has challenge the action in UK court even Indian govt and some Indian Human Rights activists join in challenging UK govt so its a big lie saying Indian govt ban his TV station from airing.
Don't mind them jare,I told him peace tv is still airing in india,he's saying it's illegal.He read all those rubbish online,ignorant people.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 9:08am On Jun 09, 2013
gboss4sure:

I just hope, bombs wont start going off after this mans sermon.
Before you point accusing fingers on another religion, you should check yours first. I have watched the video and he said churches are not allowed in islamic countries which I fully support. Let me ask you this, are mosques allowed in vatican city? Hell no..so why are you so particular about it...in Bayero university kano, there isn't a church there as they were nt allowed to build but space was provided for them for their services...equally other universities in christian dominated state do not allow mosques to be built in their schools tooo...its a fifty fifty case to me so why are you taking this as a point to take him down....
When I was in secondary sch, we had a teacher we nicknamed terrorist....we dnt call him that cos he goes about killing christians or people..he was a terrorist to us because he was an expert in flogging...most of us were so poor in maths that we were flogged on daily basis...when he approaches, we quiver with fear...zakir said every muslim should be terrorist, but in wha regards? You didn't include it cos it doesn't suit ur plan.he also said a policeman should be terrorist to criminals, but you left that out..this is just a case of you trying to defame this gentleman for no good reason...and I can assure you this that the only way u can get something to attack him is if you quote him out of context....open your mind and watch the video in whole...the videos you posted are all morethan 1 hour lectures but you gave the link of the short version so you can support your hate with it..and about enemies of islam, who are they? Are the non-muslims the enemies of islam? The enemies of islam are those who would go about spreading lies about islam(always writing false books about islam, fake quran or causing mischief(burning the quran, insulting the prophet)...these are the actual enemies of islam...y can't christians for once practise their religion and leave us alone to do same? There isn't negative thing you would say about this man, that I won't defend...clear ur mind of hate and ur judgement unclouded...peace be onto you
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 9:08am On Jun 09, 2013
probsolver: As for the UK Ban.

He did say that every Muslim should be a terrorist. Now in what context is that a nice statement to make?

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 9:13am On Jun 09, 2013
Chris†Kid:

grin
Don't be an idiot...when you say something about a religion..you back it with proof not when I ask you, you direct me to google..I directed the other person to google because he kept askiing who dr zakir is when he has google to ask
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 9:15am On Jun 09, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

That is exactly what worries me. According to him, terrorism is halal if you are fighting Islam's enemies (apparently that includes the United States). If this man preaches something similar in Nigeria, we are going to have a problem on our hands. People will leave feeling that Boko Haram are Muslims again, and we will be right back at the beginning where Nigerian Muslims support and defend them.

Zakir has said repeatedly that he doesn't think that other religious buildings should be built in Islamic countries. What kind of message is that to send in a 50/50 Christian and Muslim nation like ours? What kind of message is that to send to the North where Churches are being destroyed?

I am very concerned.
another religion, you should check yours
first. I have watched the video and he
said churches are not allowed in islamic
countries which I fully support. Let me
ask you this, are mosques allowed in
vatican city? Hell no..so why are you so
particular about it...in Bayero university
kano, there isn't a church there as they
were nt allowed to build but space was
provided for them for their
services...equally other universities in
christian dominated state do not allow
mosques to be built in their schools
tooo...its a fifty fifty case to me so why
are you taking this as a point to take him
down....
When I was in secondary sch, we had a
teacher we nicknamed terrorist....we dnt
call him that cos he goes about killing
christians or people..he was a terrorist to
us because he was an expert in
flogging...most of us were so poor in
maths that we were flogged on daily
basis...when he approaches, we quiver
with fear...zakir said every muslim
should be terrorist, but in wha regards?
You didn't include it cos it doesn't suit ur
plan.he also said a policeman should be
terrorist to criminals, but you left that
out..this is just a case of you trying to
defame this gentleman for no good
reason...and I can assure you this that
the only way u can get something to
attack him is if you quote him out of
context....open your mind and watch the
video in whole...the videos you posted
are all morethan 1 hour lectures but you
gave the link of the short version so you
can support your hate with it..and about
enemies of islam, who are they? Are the
non-muslims the enemies of islam? The
enemies of islam are those who would go
about spreading lies about islam(always
writing false books about islam, fake
quran or causing mischief(burning the
quran, insulting the prophet)...these are
the actual enemies of islam...y can't
christians for once practise their religion
and leave us alone to do same? There
isn't negative thing you would say about
this man, that I won't defend...clear ur
mind of hate and ur judgement
unclouded...peace be onto you

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 9:18am On Jun 09, 2013
thehomer:

He did say that every Muslim should be a terrorist. Now in what context is that a nice statement to make?
I am a terrorist to lesbians and gays...now that's a nice statement to make in that context..do you need more?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? / Muslim Singer Praises Allah with ‘Zazoo Zeh’ (Video) / Sheikh Mustapha Zuglool Is Dead And Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.