Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman (1337 Views)

LOL This My (hopefully Ex) Governor Don Kolo No Be Small / Boko Haram Detainee Mustapha Kolo Exposese Boko Haram & Gov Shettima. / Ambassador JT Kolo Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by poncedeleon: 10:16am On Jun 08, 2013
The Chief Magistrate Court in Kiyawa Local Government Area of Jigawa State has sentenced Professor Festus David Kolo of the Faculty of Education at Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria to two months imprisonment for knowingly enticing a married woman who was a student in his department contrary to Section 389 of the penal code law.
Principal State Prosecution Counsel Mustapha Adamu, who read the first information report, said on May 21, one Muhammad Ghali of Takur Quarters Dutse “reported you, Prof. Festus David Kolo of ABU, Zaria, knowing fully well that Mrs Bushra Ghali Muhammed is his wife, and you have been making advances towards her, inciting her, calling her oftenly, sending her love text messages using your phone”.
The FIR also said, “You, Prof. Kolo, was caught red handed by the police at Dan Musa Guest House Room 109 with Ghali’s wife after he reported the case to the police and after several warnings and pleas by the husband.
The accused told the court that the content of the FIR is correct. His lawyers M.A. Gausu and R.A. Nwande told the court that the accused is above 60 years and the bread winner of his family and therefore begged the court to temper justice with mercy.
In his ruling, Senior Magistrate Muhammed Musa Kaugama said the convict is a first time offender but also in order to deter the convict against a similar act in the future, “this court hereby sentences the convict to two months imprisonment without option of fine.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news-news/56340-prof-kolo-jailed-for-enticing-married-woman
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by veraponpo(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2013
Lecturer!
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by Caseless: 10:35am On Jun 08, 2013
Good for him. Yeye man!
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by PvtParts1: 10:39am On Jun 08, 2013
gbam! nice one
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by abbeycial: 10:42am On Jun 08, 2013
ha! dem plenty for ABU zaria.I pray d wrath of God not just man's wrath wld consume dem.

mind u,not just married ones r victims,single nd innocent female students are been humiliated i
n our academic institutions.maybe jungle justice wld curb dis act nd not just a mere 2months jail term.
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by blackmale1: 10:45am On Jun 08, 2013
ewooo!! i sabi this guy 4 A.B.U oh..
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by Dracula27: 11:28am On Jun 08, 2013
Gbam!!!
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
Since when did "knowingly enticing" a married woman become a crime? What exactly is the man guilty of?
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by dasparrow: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
pro01: Since when did "knowingly enticing" a married woman become a crime? What exactly is the man guilty of?

It means he has been sexually harassing his student who happens to be a married woman. I don't know why sexual harassment is so prevalent in Nigeria. Its just disgusting. Thank God none of my kids will study in Nigeria, the sexual molestation cesspit of Africa.
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
dasparrow:

It means he has been sexually harassing his student who happens to be a married woman. I don't know why sexual harassment is so prevalent in Nigeria. Its just disgusting. Thank God none of my kids will study in Nigeria, the sexual molestation cesspit of Africa.
Shut up! Have you tried south Africa?
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
dasparrow:

Well, they should have called it s.e.xu.a.l harrassment then - that is a crime. On the other hand, "knowingly enticing" a woman, whether married or single, is not a crime known to law, at least not in Nigeria.
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
Nutty Professor
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by mike404(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
pro01: Since when did "knowingly enticing" a married woman become a crime? What exactly is the man guilty of?
sharia law now sad
Re: Prof Kolo Jailed For Enticing Married Woman by kokoA(m): 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
Imagine the shame this over 60years old man has brought upon his family. Smh. If say na my papa I for don disfather am.

(1) (Reply)

Was Pastor Bakare Right About GEJ And PEJ ? / Breaking News:taraba State Governor Sacks Cabinet. / Nigerian Caught With 190 Grammes Of Cocaine In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.