Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? (1122 Views)

Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill / $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG / Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
It is the British colonial masters that called me Nigerian!
My opinion was not sort, my desires were not considered and my rights were trampled upon!

I am answering Nigeria today at gun point. My fundamental human rights are denied!
The proxy-colonial entity called Nigeria has taken my rights:
My land belongs to her as practiced in communism.

I am not Nigerian! I don't want to be called Nigerian!
Just wondering if I can sue Britain who mastered-minded this wickedness of making me a prisoner in my fathers land?

Lawyers over to you.
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
No harm in trying. Just make sure you have overall bullet proof after submitting the charges.

By the way, which court are you planning to sue in and what outcome would be satisfactory?
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Abbott(m): 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
noblezone: It is the British colonial masters that called me Nigerian!
My opinion was not sort, my desires were not considered and my rights were trampled upon!

I am answering Nigeria today at gun point. My fundamental human rights are denied!
The proxy-colonial entity called Nigeria has taken my rights:
My land belongs to her as practiced in communism.

I am not Nigerian! I don't want to be called Nigerian!
Just wondering if I can sue Britain who mastered-minded this wickedness of making me a prisoner in my fathers land?

Lawyers over to you.

We can speculate and argue and do all sorts and turn this into a potpourri of divergent opinions or just make a down payment of N125,000,000.
What says you?
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: No harm in trying. Just make sure you have overall bullet proof after submitting the charges.

By the way, which court are you planning to sue in and what outcome would be satisfactory?

Why do I need a bullet proof? Are you planning to shoot me?
What wrong have I done?

I just want to find out the right the British People have to come and force me to become what I don't want be.
colonialism is no different from slavery. yet even if I must be shot, they should answer my question first
The court? it is the lawyers that will answer that question!
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
Abbott:

We can speculate and argue and do all sorts and turn this into a potpourri of divergent opinions or just make a down payment of N125,000,000.
What says you?

First things first.
Can I sue Britain?

if yes, in which court? What chances do i have?

the amount you mentioned, N125,000,000 is okay because I am going to be suing for serious damages in British pounds!
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Abbott(m): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
noblezone:

First things first.
Can I sue Britain?

the amount you mentioned, N125,000,000 is okay because I am going to be suing for serious damages in British pounds!

Yes.
ICJ.
10%
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by kunlekunle: 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
they'll probably give u 4000GBP like the kenyans
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by JNdupu: 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
noblezone:

First things first.
Can I sue Britain?

You don't recognize Naija but want to collect our Naira.

Oya make una give am 125,000,000 cowries. Case dismissed, abi o.
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
JNdupu:

You don't recognize Naija but want to collect our Naira.

Oya make una give am 125,000,000 cowries. Case dismissed, abi o.

Did you read the posts at all?
It is the lawyer that want the naira. Me i want pounds from the colonial masters.
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abbott:

Yes.
ICJ.
10%

10% ?

aaaaahhhhhh.

Not even a 50-50 chance?
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Abbott(m): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
noblezone:

10% ?

aaaaahhhhhh.

Not even a 50-50 chance?

Such judgment, if given in your favour, are usually declaratory in nature. If they will award any monetary reliefs, it is usually the cost of the action.
Depending on the amount of your claims, I could give a probable estimate.

What says you?
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by ACM10: 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
I feel the same way. To the best of my knowledge, my grandfathers were not consulted; neither do they sign any agreement agreeing to be incorporated into an entity called Nigeria. Britain succeeded in creating an epidemic of identity crisis among 160 million people of West Africa. This is totally unfair to us and our unborn children.
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Sunofgod(m): 9:11pm On Jun 11, 2013
You have a case . . . .
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
ACM10: I feel the same way. To the best of my knowledge, my grandfathers were not consulted; neither do they sign any agreement agreeing to be incorporated into an entity called Nigeria. Britain succeeded in creating an epidemic of identity crisis among 160 million people of West Africa. This is totally unfair to us and our unborn children.

I am just thinking if we can all come together and form a team of people whose rights where violated by the British. When we are set, then we can sue them. It won't be a one man affair. If can collect up 1 million signatures, that will be great. British people has to pay!

Abbott:

Such judgment, if given in your favour, are usually declaratory in nature. If they will award any monetary reliefs, it is usually the cost of the action.
Depending on the amount of your claims, I could give a probable estimate.

What says you?
work of the estimate.

Sun of god: You have a case . . . .

You think so?
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Abbott(m): 10:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Well, I would love to see how committed you are.

Ok. You could be looking at a range of £100,000 - £300,000 max. If you come under a group or association recognisable under international law, you could be looking at £1m to £100m plus recognition too.
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Dibiachukwu: 10:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
British are criminals. All Igbos should avoid anything british. I will oppose anything british to the best of my ability. They are just plain wrong wild animals.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
Abbott: Well, I would love to see how committed you are.
Ok. You could be looking at a range of £100,000 - £300,000 max. If you come under a group or association recognisable under international law, you could be looking at £1m to £100m plus recognition too.

You mean as compensation?

Dibiachukwu: British are criminals. All Igbos should avoid anything british. I will oppose anything british to the best of my ability. They are just plain wrong wild animals.

you mean the desire to sue the British will backfire?
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Dibiachukwu: 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
noblezone:

You mean as compensation?

you mean the desire to sue the British will backfire?
You won't win. Even If u did, the government of britain won't pay.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 13, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
You won't win. Even If u did, the government of britain won't pay.

Is there cases in reference?
those who tried and lost?
those who won and were not paid?
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Dibiachukwu: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
noblezone:

Is there cases in reference?
those who tried and lost?
those who won and were not paid?

First off, how much do you think it would cost to pay for "british crimes"?
Do you know the depth of their crimes?
How do you expect them to pay for their crimes against you and millions more.
If britain gives $1 billion dollars for their connivance in killing millions of Igbo women and children, will you take?
Tufiakwa, I will not take such a money.
They have commited crimes like this all over the place. How much do you think they have?
If britain was not stealing resources of African people up to today; they will all starve to death. britain is barren.

Closest case reference:
Biafra- Biafra has sued the UN on self-determination and genocide.
Reply from UN- their was no genocide.
Nobody has ever won anything by suing someone who co-owns the court.
My people open your eyes.
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 14, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
First off, how much do you think it would cost to pay for "british crimes"?
Do you know the depth of their crimes?
How do you expect them to pay for their crimes against you and millions more.
If britain gives $1 billion dollars for their connivance in killing millions of Igbo women and children, will you take?
Tufiakwa, I will not take such a money.
They have commited crimes like this all over the place. How much do you think they have?
If britain was not stealing resources of African people up to today; they will all starve to death. britain is barren.

Closest case reference:
Biafra- Biafra has sued the UN on self-determination and genocide.
Reply from UN- their was no genocide.
Nobody has ever won anything by suing someone who co-owns the court.
My people open your eyes.

You said Biafra sued the UN?
I never heard of that.

When was it? Can I get some more details?
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Dibiachukwu: 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
noblezone:

You said Biafra sued the UN?
I never heard of that.

When was it? Can I get some more details?
Biafra asked UN to investigate the Nigerian-Biafran War. The UN dominated by pigs that killed the children of CHUKWU. Ofcourse they came back and reported an "all clear" aka there was no genocide. The UN has never stopped any real nations from doing anything.
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by 50calibre(m): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
kunlekunle: they'll probably give u 4000GBP like the kenyans

They won't give him a farthing, what do you think would happen if he is paid any form of compensation? Then they might as well prepare for millions of Nigerians to start filling lawsuits. The Kenyans had a legitimate case, they wre tortured during the Mao Mao rebellion.

If such case is filled, it would be thrown out immediately and dismissed as a frivolous lawsuit. If the OP has any problem with being called a Nigerian then he can sue his government for choosing to retain that name.
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Biafra asked UN to investigate the Nigerian-Biafran War. The UN dominated by pigs that killed the children of CHUKWU. Ofcourse they came back and reported an "all clear" aka there was no genocide. The UN has never stopped any real nations from doing anything.
Please when was this?
I will love to see the documentation.
Any links, archives or someone I can talk to?
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
50calibre:

They won't give him a farthing, what do you think would happen if he is paid any form of compensation? Then they might as well prepare for millions of Nigerians to start filling lawsuits. The Kenyans had a legitimate case, they wre tortured during the Mao Mao rebellion.

If such case is filled, it would be thrown out immediately and dismissed as a frivolous lawsuit. If the OP has any problem with being called a Nigerian then he can sue his government for choosing to retain that name.
Bros, you seem to miss the point!
The problem is not the name Nigeria!

I want to the court to determine the right the British people had to invade another man's land, kill as many as the could, take them captive, and then force them into to become "one" country with other nations.

Nigeria was created by a piece handwritten by one Lord Luggard who thought he was some sort of a "god".
Being a Nigerian had been nothing else but misery. the emotional trauma, and the psychological torture is second to none.

Our lands are forcefully taken from us, we live like slaves in our fathers land. I want to know the right the British people have to inflict these pains. Why did they arrogate to themselves the power of colonialism?

Colonialism was evil!
Re: Lawyers, Please Can I Sue Britain? by Dibiachukwu: 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
noblezone:
Please when was this?
I will love to see the documentation.
Any links, archives or someone I can talk to?
Go to google and search Biafran genocide. There are heaps of information on it. Some are lies so true. But you will definitely be able to separate the chaff from fire.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander With Gov. Aliyu Wamakko Of Sokoto State / Is It True That Tinubu Is Not A Yoruba Man? / is Peter Obi bribing Bishops?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.