Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? (55781 Views)

Snail Facials: Ladies, How Far Will You Go To Look Beautiful? / How To Look Beautiful Naturally / If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 8:45pm On May 09, 2008
@ aysomethin lol, that only happens during the actual treatment. Afterwards you are completely fine no worries. lol you wont stink or be leaking or anything. You will be 100% normal. grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by chychy(f): 7:08pm On May 10, 2008
[b]I am beautiful no matter what they say, words can't bring me down.

Wow, some sturvs i've been reading. well 4 me, using good beauty produts does it 4 me, will like 2 try d Brazilian
[/b]wax tho!!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 12:24am On May 12, 2008
chychy:

I am beautiful no matter what they say, words can't bring me down.

Wow, some sturvs i've been reading. well 4 me, using good beauty produts does it 4 me, [b]will like 2 try d Brazilian
[/b]wax tho
!!

you should, its addictive. Makes you feel sexy on top of the world wink
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by tohloo: 2:15pm On May 12, 2008
i've gotten some interesting insights from this thread that r are gonna b rly useful to me .thanks a lot girls
@ajebota thanks a lot 4 d adress of dt colonic place

@H.R i'm fair complexion(u know not to light not to dark, just in btw) could u pls tell me which of the clarins products that'll b good 4 my skin,i have occasional breakouts which is mostly concentrated on my forehead &btw my brows which leaves black spots any suggestions on a product i can use to clear  d dark spots and discolourations.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Blackcat(f): 1:30pm On May 13, 2008
@topic thanks for starting this thread it's really an eye opener grin

Are there drugs out there that one can use for colonic irrigation instead of sticking stuff up my ass
I would really love to try it but prefer drugs. Any tips? wink
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 12:30am On May 14, 2008
@ blackcat yeah there are these things called 'enemas' that can be taken orally or anally grin

check out this website I know they sell some stuff http://www.chrysalishealth.co.uk/shop/

However, nothing beats a colonic irrigation because it purges your entire intestine if done thoroughly and with care.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Nobody: 7:30am On May 14, 2008
Thanx ajebota for the info but we are in Naija, any info on drugs here??

Then ur name Ajebota lol
Dont let them basket mouth catch u o
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Shinatu: 8:12am On May 14, 2008
Ladies,

Does anyone know if firming creams work?
Especially for the bust after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
I see them around but a bit sceptical, any one with experience to benefit from in the house?
please make recommendations if you can.
Thanks
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Blackcat(f): 2:37pm On May 14, 2008
Ajebota:

@ blackcat yeah there are these things called 'enemas' that can be taken orally or anally grin

check out this website I know they sell some stuff http://www.chrysalishealth.co.uk/shop/

However, nothing beats a colonic irrigation because it purges your entire intestine if done thoroughly and with care.

Thanks! grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 2:54pm On May 14, 2008
tohloo:

@H.R i'm fair complexion(u know not to light not to dark, just in between) could u please tell me which of the clarins products that'll b good 4 my skin,i have occasional breakouts which is mostly concentrated on my forehead &between my brows which leaves black spots any suggestions on a product i can use to clear  d dark spots and discolourations.

I know u've probably heard this a thousand times but blemishes are mainly as a result of not properly cleansing your skin; You should be cleansing your skin twice a day esp in the Nigerian weather ( i assume your in Nigeria). I have sensitive skin so i can't use many of the treatments available for blemishes, i use[b] Secret oil[/b] when I'm in Nigeria (its the only time i everbreak out), it worked for most people i recommend it to unless u hav a particularly difficult skin, then i would suggest black opal blemish control.

Depending on your skin type, Clarins have a number of foam washes that i just adore esp when I'm in Nigeria. I don't like to use cleansers as I'm leaving all kinds of chemical on my face. I also recommend using the toner after the wash and your skin will begin to brighten up and the tone should even out. i hear clarins have an outlet at the palms, u could go visit and look around. they have amazing moisturizers that don't clog your skin, any thing with sunscreen is advisable to stop the problem of uneven skin tone.

Shinatu:

Ladies,

Does anyone know if firming creams work?
Especially for the bust after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
I see them around but a bit sceptical, any one with experience to benefit from in the house?
please make recommendations if you can.
Thanks

Sorry to dissappoint you but ther is no scientific ar medical evidence to support those claims, don't waste your money!]
a number of women at my gym do special exercises to help firm thebust region after breast feeding apart from that i really can't think of anything
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Dreloaded(f): 2:59pm On May 14, 2008
wear blue contacts sometimes or just put on my glasses.

Why blue?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by VirtuousA(f): 3:50pm On May 14, 2008
@ HR.hotness
I've followed this trend and quite compliment all the efforts. I don't like using much stuff on my skin due to the fact that i don't want to loose my dark colour, though i would like to enhance it without bleaching. From ur suggestions, i would like to try this product u recommend (ie secret oil) cus it is "purely natural". I got it for the same price in a supermarket N60. I want to ask the proportion to mix with my cream. Can one bottle be enough for lotion bottle of 500ml? Thanks
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by kayowalemi(m): 5:48pm On May 14, 2008
Beauty is supposed to be a natural thing, you don't have to look like xmas trees that shines from every angle. I like to be natural (check my profile) and my babe to be like that
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 6:20pm On May 14, 2008
Virtuous A:

@ HR.hotness
I've followed this trend and quite compliment all the efforts. I don't like using much stuff on my skin due to the fact that i don't want to loose my dark colour, though i would like to enhance it without bleaching. From your suggestions, i would like to try this product u recommend (ie secret oil) cus it is purely natural. I got it for the same price in a supermarket N60. I want to ask the proportion to mix with my cream. Can one bottle be enough for lotion bottle of 500ml? Thanks

thats amazing,,, its the same price as when i bought it 3yrs ago,,,
anyways u'd hav realised by now that the oil is really thick and a little goes a long way. for 500ml i wld suggest 2 bottles. there is a recommended ratio on the bottle but i love using oils and i used to use it straight all over my body (u can imagine how many bottles I'd go thru in a month grin). u can also use it straight on ur face to treat blemishes. so its up to u girl,,, its safe enough to use anyway you like grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Dreloaded(f): 6:30pm On May 14, 2008
kayowalemi:

Beauty is supposed to be a natural thing, you don't have to look like xmas trees that shines from every angle. I like to be natural (check my profile) and my babe to be like that

If you ever find a "babe", you had better never let her go

and that's all Im gonna say
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 6:41pm On May 14, 2008
@ D-reloaded
you even hav time to ans him,,, as if the time and effort i put into my regimen is for the likes of him
he's dictating what his girl should look like and he wonders why he's still single  angry
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 1:15am On May 15, 2008
kayowalemi:

@kaloyemi u sure do look very natural grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 1:22am On May 15, 2008
@HR Hotness u say that blemishes are from improper cleansing. This is true but not always the case. Im sure u're aware of this but @ Tohloo, you need to exfoliate regularly as well. Chemically (mild peel e.g Dermalogica mild exfoliator) and physically ( mild grainy scrub e.g St Ives facial scrub). i can recommend products for you too as my skin is far better than it was 2 years ago when I had scars and spots all over my face. Where are you based?

tohloo:

i've gotten some interesting insights from this thread that r are going to b rly useful to me .thanks a lot girls
@ajebota thanks a lot 4 d adress of dt colonic place

@H.R i'm fair complexion(u know not to light not to dark, just in between) could u please tell me which of the clarins products that'll b good 4 my skin,i have occasional breakouts which is mostly concentrated on my forehead &between my brows which leaves black spots any suggestions on a product i can use to clear d dark spots and discolourations.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Izon(f): 9:37am On May 15, 2008
Ajebota,
I must commend you on the useful tips and info you've given thus far. Well work girl. I'm convinced you're beautiful and you know just what to use. You said your skin isn't the way it used to be two years back. Now I would love to send you a pix of mine so you could recommend something for my face. All my life I've had mild blesmish and spotting expect some months(one or two) in a year that I enjoy almost smooth face. Please reply me on vickyuti79@yahoo.com. In the meantime, I would go look for the following. Secret oil, black Opal blemish control, Clarins foam wash, toner. Meanwhile, I've used Neutrogena range of product for a year plus now. The cream (Emulsion & Moisturizer - mix with bio-oil - but since it became too greasy, had to stop totally) face scrub, wash, cleaner, sunscreen, hand and foot cream. Like others, I 45% content with the result as I am not black or fair. I now use Mary Kay Perfection range of body cream, body wash and perfume.

The ultimate question now is, because the Mary Kay cream I am currently using is light, which I like. Can I mix it with the secret oil?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by tohloo: 1:54pm On May 15, 2008
@kayowalemi
get a life dude!!!

@D-reloaded
u've said it all, if he ever finds a babe am sure it'll be one he can push around like a dummy!

@ajebota
thanks alot 4 ur tips u've being of immense help.i'm based in Lagos,Nigeria
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by tohloo: 2:07pm On May 15, 2008
@HR.hotness
thanks alot 4 taking out time to reply me, u sure do know a lot about this stuff.i will put all ur advice to practice and will let u know the result.cheers wink
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by VirtuousA(f): 5:38pm On May 15, 2008
@HR.hotness

Thanks dear.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 6:11pm On May 15, 2008
Ajebota:

@HR Hotness u say that blemishes are from improper cleansing. This is true but not always the case. I'm sure u're aware of this but @ Tohloo, you need to exfoliate regularly as well. Chemically (mild peel e.g Dermalogica mild exfoliator) and physically ( mild grainy scrub e.g St Ives facial scrub). i can recommend products for you too as my skin is far better than it was 2 years ago when I had scars and spots all over my face. Where are you based?

Ofcourse how cld I forget to mention that  grin
Thats why I'm such a big fan of Clarins foam wash, it cleanses, exfoliates and detoxifies. Like I said earlier, I have sensitive skin so i can't use scrubs like everyone else, I usually get a peel but I have to get it done professionally  grin

Izon:

Ajebota,
I must commend you on the useful tips and info you've given thus far. Well work girl. I'm convinced you're beautiful and you know just what to use. You said your skin isn't the way it used to be two years back. Now I would love to send you a pix of mine so you could recommend something for my face. All my life I've had mild blesmish and spotting expect some months(one or two) in a year that I enjoy almost smooth face. Please reply me on vickyuti79@yahoo.com. In the meantime, I would go look for the following. Secret oil, black Opal blemish control, Clarins foam wash, toner. Meanwhile, I've used Neutrogena range of product for a year plus now. The cream (Emulsion & Moisturizer - mix with bio-oil - but since it became too greasy, had to stop totally) face scrub, wash, cleaner, sunscreen, hand and foot cream. Like others, I 45% content with the result as I am not black or fair. I now use Mary Kay Perfection range of body cream, body wash and perfume.

The ultimate question now is, because the Mary Kay cream I am currently using is light, which I like. Can I mix it with the secret oil?

u can get secret oil and black opal blemish control in the market. there is a clarins outlet at the palms, lekki. I don't know if there are any other distributors. Bio Oil will get quite greasy if you are going to mix it, it was meant to be used on its own. Secret oil is not greasy and it absorbs easily so its safe to mix into anything.

@ tohloo and Virtuous A

You're welcome grin
I know how hard it is deciding on the perfect product for your skin,
Keep me posted on how Secret Oil works for you
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 4:35am On May 16, 2008
tohloo:

@ajebota
thanks alot 4 your tips u've being of immense help.i'm based in Lagos,Nigeria

You r welcome. i agree with HR Hotness on the clarins, ,have no authority concerning secret oil as I have never used it. Tries bio oil but personally didnt like the fact that it was oil, not that its oily or anything. I use dermalogica face wash, panoxyl (benzoyl peroxide) very lightly on most mornings and bliss sleeping serum. I also used clinique 'skin tone corrector' for a month and I have seen a difference. Been getting comliments on my skin grin. Veni Vici might do the dermalogica, not sure about that but clarins is also gr8!
Izon:

Ajebota,
I must commend you on the useful tips and info you've given thus far. Well work girl. I'm convinced you're beautiful and you know just what to use. You said your skin isn't the way it used to be two years back. Now I would love to send you a pix of mine so you could recommend something for my face. All my life I've had mild blemish and spotting expect some months(one or two) in a year that I enjoy almost smooth face. Please reply me on vickyuti79@yahoo.com. In the meantime, I would go look for the following. Secret oil, black Opal blemish control, Clarins foam wash, toner. Meanwhile, I've used Neutrogena range of product for a year plus now. The cream (Emulsion & Moisturizer - mix with bio-oil - but since it became too greasy, had to stop totally) face scrub, wash, cleaner, sunscreen, hand and foot cream. Like others, I 45% content with the result as I am not black or fair. I now use Mary Kay Perfection range of body cream, body wash and perfume.

thnx! will reply on yahoo as soon as I can. I also recommend you add a cream that has about 2.5% benzoyl peroxide to your morning skin care routine but you have to make a little go a long way or it can dry out or even lighten your skin if you use it too much or too regularly.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by linn(f): 9:36am On May 16, 2008
Oops i really do not do much cos i just love the way i am. Just manicure and pedicure and a little this and that. But i definitely do not do all those stuffs
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by onlygirl(f): 4:28pm On May 19, 2008
hey girls,
i must say this is been an interesting read.i want to ve a glossy,fair skin.currently am using amos white cream and so white serum.it still is not working the way i want.also i ve stretch mark on my bum and boobs.wat can i use to cure it.

funmi
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 11:06pm On May 19, 2008
STOP whitening your skin. Stop it now. It will damage your skin permanently, you will scar extremely easily and why would you want to change your complexion colour? What matters is that your skin in smooth soft and spotless not light. I have zero advice for anyone who is bleaching. Sorry.

onlygirl:

hey girls,
i must say this is been an interesting read.i want to ve a glossy,fair skin.currently am using amos white cream and so white serum.it still is not working the way i want.also i ve stretch mark on my bum and boobs.what can i use to cure it.

funmi
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by onlygirl(f): 10:35am On May 20, 2008
HEY,THAT IS NOT FAIR AND AM NOT BLEACHING.AM LIGHT I JUST WANT AN EVEN TONE,GLOSSY SKIN.WHY WOULD I WANT TO BLEACH MY SKIN.JEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

ALL,IF YOU KNOW A GOOD CREAM FOR LIGHT COMPLEXION PEOPLE WHICH CAN TONE THE SKIN AND GIVE IT A GLOSSY LOOK PLEASE RECOMMEND
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by tohloo: 1:45pm On May 20, 2008
hi girls, i hope y'all had a great wkend.
@ajebota i got the stives grainy scrub, gosh my skin always feels baby smooth after using it. its a great buy thanks alot grin
about the chemical, is the dermatologica mild exfoliator a DIY product or must it be done professionally?

i have this realy embarassing embarassedred thread like veins on my thighs can i get help on products to clear or @least fade them
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 9:33pm On May 20, 2008
tohloo:

hi girls, i hope y'all had a great wkend.
@ajebota i got the stives grainy scrub, gosh my skin always feels baby smooth after using it. its a great buy thanks alot grin
about the chemical, is the dermatologica mild exfoliator a DIY product or must it be done professionally?

i have this realy embarassing embarassedred thread like veins on my thighs can i get help on products to clear or @least fade them

that's gr8! glad you like the product. Dermalogica does a product called 'gentle cream exfoliant' which is good for using like twice or thrice (in the case of problem skin) a week. Its a DIY product, its nothing harsh. It doesn't sting or anything, just put it on for 10 mins or so and rinse off!

onlygirl:

HEY,THAT IS NOT FAIR AND AM NOT BLEACHING.AM LIGHT I JUST WANT AN EVEN TONE,GLOSSY SKIN.WHY WOULD I WANT TO BLEACH MY SKIN.JEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

ALL,IF YOU KNOW A GOOD CREAM FOR LIGHT COMPLEXION PEOPLE WHICH CAN TONE THE SKIN AND GIVE IT A GLOSSY LOOK PLEASE RECOMMEND

I must apologize, I must have read your post incorrectly. I though you wanted to have fair skin, grin I dont think there are products that dont agree with fair skinned people. You can follow any of the advice on this thread and you should be alright , i think
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by onlygirl(f): 9:27am On May 21, 2008
@all,
quiet a knowledge i have gathered from this tread.i really love it. execising helps to tone the skin too.been visiting the gym for two months now.while its good to work out and burn off fats,it feels grate to be able to wear a size 12.girls i think we should explore that angle too

grin grin grin my little contribution.

for those in benin city nigeria or visiting soon, you can visit the hexagon.the instrutors are great.come and see
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by favococo(f): 5:41pm On May 21, 2008
beatifullness is into ur heart ,,no need to look for it outside wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Makeup Transformation Of A Woman To A Younger Lady / Photos: Wizkid's Son Rocking Agbada / I Need Body Cream For My Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.