Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:11 PM

How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? (56191 Views)

Snail Facials: Ladies, How Far Will You Go To Look Beautiful? / How To Look Beautiful Naturally / If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by rubi(f): 2:42pm On Jun 12, 2008
I use deep moisturizing body cream from bath and body works. They have different flavor eg sweet pea. They are very very good especially during winter season for people who live in USA it is also good for summer since I discovered that cream I have never ever changed my body cream and I feel the effect of the cream. Also have introduced it to most of my friends and they have no regret. If you are interested you can get it from web www.bathandbodyworks or find there store and buy it. It cost $14 per each and when you buy three you can get the fourt one free. Try it and let me know it is very good they say a trial will convince you. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by elsie2(f): 11:37am On Jun 14, 2008
Hi Aysometin,
Could u please tell me which of the Secret Oil u used and found helpful?. Was it the omagba-onitsha, emene-enugu or the
simmonds gerberding?. The one i bought from Peckham in London was made in Patricia Milton but made in Emene. i am yet to start using it and i want to confirm if this is the one you are having so much luck with or if i have to search for another. Thanks. Elsie.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2008
elsie2:

Hi Aysometin,
Could u please tell me which of the Secret Oil u used and found helpful?. Was it the omagba-onitsha, emene-enugu or the
simmonds gerberding?. The one i bought from Peckham in London was made in Patricia Milton but made in Emene. i am yet to start using it and i want to confirm if this is the one you are having so much luck with or if i have to search for another. Thanks. Elsie.

the Secret Oil u found is the original one that I recommended. , i can personally vouch for that as it is the one i am currently using!

I personally dont trust cosmetic or beauty products made in the east part of Nigeria, u can never really say whats in it sad
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ashfordint(m): 5:21am On Jun 15, 2008
Its such a good thing to desire to take care yourself consistently.My lady was stuned when I suggested some beauty products for her.What I simply do believe also is wholeness spirit, soul and body,inward peace,tranquil and a good sence of self pride,most times we neglect the other two(spirit and soul) and focus soley on the body.Beauty radiates from inwards then outward.
As for me,I do pay great details to my skin,I av tried out so may product range(Moisturizers) from Jergens to Johnsons PH balance,to Nivea skin care,skin sucess etc,I simply would explore as long as it does no damage(bleach) to my dark tanned skin.
I look forward to cutting my nails at least once a week,cut my hair once a week too.
I would not go to bed if I have not taken a clean bath,except on cold nights.
Generally,I think its great beauty to follow your heart to where it leads and do the best to get the best,safely and naturally.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by elsie2(f): 9:36am On Jun 16, 2008
Hi, HR.Hotness
Thanks for your prompt reply but the secret oil i bought from Peckam and the one i just received from Nigeria were both made in Emene IN Eastern Nigeria.! They both mention Patricia Molton but it cleary states "MADE IN EMENE".
Were you able to get one that was made by SIMMONDS GERBERDING? If so please can you let me know where you got it?. Thanks.

Aysotemin, i think my question still stands. Which of these different types of secret oil did u buy and found so usefull?. Please let me know. Thanks.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2008
@ elsie,
The one i bought is the Patricia milton one, I did not see anything like Made in Emene on it.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by elsie2(f): 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2008
Thank you. Will check for that one then. Cheers.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by femigirl(f): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2008
i found the serect oil HR, nice and cheapp 99p, my kind of price, lol
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2008
femigirl:

i found the serect oil HR, nice and cheapp 99p, my kind of price, lol

Cool, enjoy wink
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Shinatu: 7:59pm On Jul 15, 2008
elsie2:

@ Ajebota,
Hello, just wanted to run this past you to see if you have any pointers.
I paid for the 50% and 30% TCA Peel on the Perfect skin website at the end of May but i am yet to receive the items. Was there a delay when you shopped with them in the past?. Thanks.

@elsie2

Have this people sent your stuff? I will be in the U.K for just 2 more weeks, do you think I should buy from them?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Afribiz(f): 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2008
HRH,
Which of the clarins soap is good for toning. they have various range that got me confused.
I'm naturally fair, don't mind a brighter skin.
Thanks.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by MrCrackles(m): 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2008
I would rip apart my scalp to reshape my skull!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by snazzydawn(f): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2008
For me, I will go as far as having plastic surgery, and I will have it soon,
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2008
Afribiz:

HRH,
Which of the clarins soap is good for toning. they have various range that got me confused.
I'm naturally fair, don't mind a brighter skin.
Thanks.

Since u r fair skinned, I'd advise using their skin brightening range. I use the serum and sometimes the brightening lotion and I'm satisfied with that
I dont use their soaps so i wld be advising u blindly.

the smoothening body scrub that is pretty good, they also have a toning body polisher. havent used it but i hear its pretty good.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Afribiz(f): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2008
Thanks Hotness,
In the absence of those you listed, what other good soap can you prescribe?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 10:11am On Aug 16, 2008
I am a huge fan of Olay Body wash, but thats because i have dry skin.

Since you're looking to brighten your complexion tho, You cld try classic white soap. . . I used it while i was in nigeria. I also tried tracia body wash, but i used it only once and was also trying out a skin serum so I really can't be sure if the soap on its own is very effective.

A really good soap tho is Oxy Balance, i had trouble finding it in the market in the past, so i really can't say if its still available. Its basically for your face but i used it for my entire body  grin grin grin

I think Black Opal soap with AHA is also quite good too. . .

Sorry i cant be more specific. . . I do mainly body washes and those i use mainly for my dry skin rather than skin brightening
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by teetee2(f): 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2008
HRhotness, are u a beautician? U know much about beauty routine, in case u are not please try to think of having a beauty parlour. I av asked this particular question many times but not yet received satisfactory answer. Every lady in respective of age likes looking beautiful and radiant. I was using clear essence maxitone before, was very nice on me until it started open up stretch mark, i av to change to Jergen firmer but not giving me the kind of result i wanted and now changed to Neutrogene Visibly firm with Active Copper and use Fair and white soap (Blue pack), im now looking more dark than before which makes pple asking why my complexion is now black becos im a fair person. Can i mix my cream with secret oil and change my soap to one that brightens skin. Thx
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by nila07: 6:36am On Aug 20, 2008
ladies, i really enjoy this thread. I spend my whole evening reading you guys.
now, has anybody tried laser hair removal? or do you know anybody who did ? especially in the bikini.
what are the pros and cons? I've done some research online, but I want real testimonies if possible.
thanks a lot in advance
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 8:40am On Aug 21, 2008
teetee2:

HRhotness, are u a beautician? You know much about beauty routine, in case u are not please try to think of having a beauty parlour. I av asked this particular question many times but not yet received satisfactory answer. Every lady in respective of age likes looking beautiful and radiant. I was using clear essence maxitone before, was very nice on me until it started open up stretch mark, i av to change to Jergen firmer but not giving me the kind of result i wanted and now changed to Neutrogene Visibly firm with Active Copper and use Fair and white soap (Blue pack), im now looking more dark than before which makes people asking why my complexion is now black because im a fair person. Can i mix my cream with secret oil and change my soap to one that brightens skin. Thx

Thanks, it something i have considered but i never seem to hav the time. Everything i know is from years of experimentation. . . i have very sensitive skin so it was hell finding products that work for me.

Clearessence maxitone has hydroquinone which doesnt work well with sun exposure. it is also not advisable for prolonged use.  Jergens altho a great moisturiser, has no sun protection which is necessary for lighter skin. I have never used the Neutrogena product u mentioned but i have seen it and was uunderthe impression it was an anti-wrinke cream. the fair and white soap is probably ok unless u feel the need to change soaps.

First of all i would advise that u start exfoliating, since you're a fan of neutrogena, they have a pure glow scrub that is quite good. if u have burns, i advise u use secret oil straight until your burns clear-up and then u start using it mixed in your lotion. as for your lotion, that wldnt be my best choice, being light skinned i would advise u use a lotion with either Beta hydroxy acid (if u hav oily skin) or Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), i personally advise the latter as this works against sun damage which is a major problem for the lighter skin.  I think i must listed a few examples somewher on the thread but i will be happy to compile a list of the ones i have tried and are happy with.

you need to dedicate more time when shopping for cosmetics so that u can read through the ingredients. . . avoid anything hydroquinone. avoid harsh cleansers with alcohol in them, they cause burns and dry out your skin. i prefer gentle facial washes or wipes to cleansers. the truth is that u will have to be patient and experiment with quite a few products before u'll find one that works well with your skin. 

let me know if u have anymore questions
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by teetee2(f): 10:42am On Aug 21, 2008
Thx dear for your responses and wd not hesitate to ask more question. I av bout the secret oil, tell u the result. thx
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by ajilete(f): 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2008
Ladies your contributions have been so useful. i actually went for a colonic irrigation in Kilburn after reading it here and it was wonderful. i am in Nigeria now and i was wondering if anyone has any really good makeup tips for a very oily skin. its no so bad in uk were the weather is somewhat drier and colder. here though it is so humid and hot that i can feel the makeup melting and slidding off my face. i do have a few black spots so concealer and or foundation is a god sent. HELP!!!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2008
ajilete:

Ladies your contributions have been so useful. i actually went for a colonic irrigation in Kilburn after reading it here and it was wonderful. i am in Nigeria now and i was wondering if anyone has any really good makeup tips for a very oily skin. its no so bad in uk were the weather is somewhat drier and colder. here though it is so humid and hot that i can feel the makeup melting and slidding off my face. i do have a few black spots so concealer and or foundation is a god sent. HELP!!!

Ok i hav dry skin so everything i tell u will b what has worked for people i know

1.  Avoid cream foundations. . . they r oil based and u don't want to add more oil to the skin. There liquid foundation for oily skin but it has to say so on the pack or else, stay away. i'D suggest the new mineral powder foundation, they are light and wont clog up your skin,  which is a major problem with oily skin. Revlon colour stay mineral foundation is very good, very light and has some coverage. . . combined with a stick or spot concealer and u can achieve a flawless complexion. (i've seen this happen)

2.  Avoid oil based moisturiser and primers, if u use one. . . most people i knw ith oily skin don't. i expect u don't use a lotion on your face. if u do u need to stop. . . try a water based gel (aloe gel maybe?) or my personal favorite secret oil (it isnt oily so its perfect)

3. cleanse and re-apply your make up at least once in the day. . . i knw its a pain, but i hav a friend who swears by this. ,   apparently it also helps with the blemishes.

I'll see if i can get anymor tips and add  them on here. .  feel free to ask anymore questions  wink
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by ajilete(f): 10:23am On Sep 05, 2008
HRHotness, yes youve given some really invaluable info on this forum. Am not a spring chicken but i like to look good and really appreciate all the info.  cheesy cheesy Please keep posting!
PS what is secret oil? is it any good for oily skins? Where can i get it to buy in Lagos? cheesy cheesy
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2008
ajilete:

HRHotness, yes youve given some really invaluable info on this forum. Am not a spring chicken but i like to look good and really appreciate all the info.  cheesy cheesy Please keep posting!
PS what is secret oil? is it any good for oily skins? Where can i get it to buy in Lagos? cheesy cheesy

Secret oil is good for all skin types, its not greasy and u only need a drop or 2 for ur face. it is good for blemishes and doesnt cause shine

see previous posts on this thread for more info
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Wendy80(f): 12:06am On Sep 16, 2008
ds una peeling, bleaching and toning 2 much o. we dont hv 2 use a product cos its good 4 somone it might not be 4 u remember we hv different skin type, i used 2 be a very bad case acne and did everytn pple tells me,,,,,,,the only thn wey remain na 2 rub shit 4 face,,,,,,but i thank GOD i stopped listening 2 pple,,i decided 2 use dudu osun soap,since then ive neva had pimple even those small ones during monthly period i no see again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,4 d past 6yrs i use dudu osun soap and pears baby lotion and take a lot of water,,,,,no cleanser,no nothn,,,yet i hav one of the most beautiful skin ever made,,,,,,,,,,,,,most product contain harsh chemical so avoid them,,,,,,,,always remember,,,,,,BEAUTY COMES FROM WITHIN
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by blush(f): 10:50am On Sep 18, 2008
Wendy80:

ds una peeling, bleaching and toning 2 much o. we don't hv 2 use a product because its good 4 somone it might not be for you remember we hv different skin type, i used 2 be a very bad case acne and did everytn people tells me,,,,,,,the only thn wey remain na 2 rub shit 4 face,,,,,,but i thank GOD i stopped listening 2 people,,i decided 2 use dudu osun soap,since then ive never had pimple even those small ones during monthly period i no see again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,4 d past 6yrs i use dudu osun soap and pears baby lotion and take a lot of water,,,,,no cleanser,no nothn,,,yet i hav one of the most beautiful skin ever made,,,,,,,,,,,,,most product contain harsh chemical so avoid them,,,,,,,,always remember,,,,,,BEAUTY COMES FROM WITHIN

I spse in ur ignorance they all mean d same thing to u. . . angry
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by ajilete(f): 11:51pm On Oct 10, 2008
HR Hotness
Do you know wher i can get clinique products from in Lagos? Many thanks
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by BlockCemnt: 2:45am On Nov 07, 2008
@Ajebota & HRH

Thanks! I am going to take ur advice & start today!

Wow!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ifygurl: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2008
Gurl i don't do all that. I used to use chemical for my skin but right now i stopped.
In the morning i wash my face with regular soap and at night i do the same thing. It's doing wonders for my skin.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 2:22am On Nov 10, 2008
wow, i completely forgot about this thread, good to knw its still on. . .

ajilete:

HR Hotness
Do you know wher i can get clinique products from in Lagos? Many thanks

hope u were able to find a plce that sells them cuz i dont knw any shops off th etop of my head that sell them

BlockCemnt:

@Ajebota & HRH

Thanks! I am going to take ur advice & start today!

Wow!

u r very welcome. . . grin grin grin

Ifygurl:

Gurl i don't do all that. I used to use chemical for my skin but right now i stopped.
In the morning i wash my face with regular soap and at night i do the same thing. It's doing wonders for my skin.

taking care of ur skin doesnt hav to involve d use of chemicals. . . tthere are many products availabel made entirely from natural ingredients
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Morenike3(f): 2:24am On Nov 10, 2008
Cocoa butter works.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 2:40am On Nov 10, 2008
*Morenike:

Cocoa butter works.

cant stand d smell tho. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Can I Mix With My Lemon Fresh Lotion. / Where Do I Buy Lace Wigs In Nigeria? / Asians With Nappy Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.