Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati (10169 Views)

PDP Spokesman, Metuh, “ethically-challenged” – Lai Mohammed / Olisah Metuh Is “ethically-challenged” – Lai Mohammed / Jonathan Is Ethically-Challenged Not Me - Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by kbdrim(m): 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
The Presidency on Monday described the comment credited to former Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu that Nigeria is ‘sinking ship’ as false, hypocritical and self-serving claim.

Ribadu, at a lecture in Kaduna on Saturday, was said to have declared that Nigeria is a “sinking ship” under President Goodluck Jonathan with the yearnings of the masses being neglected by a tyrannical leadership.

A statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati noted that there is no tyranny greater than the tenure of Ribadu at EFCC when governors were removed via undemocratic means and illegally barring some persons from contesting elections.

Ribadu, the statement said, ought to be grateful to the President for saving him from self-imposed exile, restoring his rank in the Nigeria Police and converted his dismissal from service to retirement.

The statement reads: “The Presidency totally rejects the false, hypocritical and self-serving claim by Mallam Nuhu Ribadu at a lecture in Kaduna on Saturday that Nigeria under President Goodluck Jonathan is a “sinking ship” in which the yearnings of the masses are being neglected by a tyrannical leadership.”

“We find it very sad and utterly deplorable that Nuhu Ribadu has resorted to shameless wolf-crying, the peddling of arrant falsehood and the denigration of the elected government of his fatherland in furtherance of his selfish quest for continued national political relevance after his wholesale rejection by Nigerian voters in 2011.

“It is very unfortunate indeed that the once highly respected former EFCC Chairman has now taken to political prostitution and developed a penchant for irresponsible and reckless utterances aimed at improving the electoral fortunes of his new friends and “leader”, who he once famously denounced as a crook who is “not fit to hold public office.

“There can be no doubt that nothing else but blind ambition for an office for which he is clearly unfit is driving Ribadu to infer that an Administration led by a President who welcomed him back to the country after his self-imposed exile, restored his rank in the Nigeria Police to save him from the shame of demotion and converted his dismissal from service to retirement has now become tyrannical and anti-people. We take special note of his ingratitude.

“If Nuhu Ribadu wants to talk of tyranny then he should talk of the days when he orchestrated the impeachment of governors with an illegitimate quorum of legislators who had been threatened by the EFCC under his watch. It beats the imagination that Nuhu Ribadu, a man who once presided over an EFCC which in 2007 compiled a list of disqualified politicians aspiring for office without a court order or legal backing now has the guts to accuse the man under whom Nigeria has had the most credible elections in this Fourth Republic of being the leader of a “sinking ship.

“Can there be a greater tyranny than the tyranny of removing governors via undemocratic means and barring legally entitled persons from contesting elections?” The Presidency queried

“Nothing else but misguided ambition could have driven Ribadu to urge Nigerian youth to rise up and save the country from an Administration which he willingly served recently, but which he now duplicitously and insincerely claims is “imposing private interests on the majority”.

“It is certainly the height of hypocrisy for Ribadu who built his entire reputation as an anti-corruption crusader by completely disregarding the rule of law and recklessly trampling on the rights of perceived enemies of the government of the day, to now accuse an administration that has consistently upheld the rule of law and respect for fundamental human rights of being tyrannical.

“It is only a shameless man that will turn around and accept to be the political lackey of a man he once openly accused of corruption at various times between 2004 and 2007. Now that he has been used and abused by the undemocratic overlords that reign over the ACN and fearing that he may soon be dumped now that that vehicle is about to be subsumed into the so called All Progressives Congress, Ribadu is desperately seeking fresh relevance.

“Ribadu’s descent into a moral abyss since leaving the exalted office of EFCC Chairman, his equally ethically-challenged new friends and his willingness to vituperate against any person or institution he perceives as a challenge to the fulfillment of his unattainable ambitions, have clearly exposed him for what he truly is – a thoroughly unprincipled attention-seeker whose entire career in the public service was built on bootlicking and doing the bidding of the powers of the day without a care for legality which should have been his primary concern as an officer of the law.“President Jonathan and his Administration will not be distracted from the diligent implementation of the agenda for national transformation by the falsehoods and vituperations of Ribadu and his new friends.
“Far from being tyrannical as Ribadu falsely alleged in Kaduna, President Jonathan will, as he has consistently done since assuming office, continue to strengthen institutions of democratic governance in Nigeria, uphold the fundamental human rights of all Nigerians including the youth, and protect their right to elect leaders in free, fair and credible elections.” Abati stated

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/ribadu-is-an-hypocrite-presidency/

6 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by homesteady(m): 11:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
Abbati!! Always around to give good answers to bad critics!! That is why I'll always advise all this political prostitutes who had been in the government before, not to be spewing rubbish from their mouth!! The more they trY to decredit this government, the more the truth about them comes to the full view of the public!!

20 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 11, 2013
As the office of the FRN, you ar enot suppose to be throwing accusations at Nigerians be it opposition or whatever. If they say something untrue, you disprove it with "presidential facts".

If you really need to talk dirty, use proxy organizations not the office of the presidency. Jonathan try and be civilized now..

8 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by bcomputer101: 12:29am On Jun 11, 2013
This Reuben Abati talks too much.

I suggest that all the bear and wine bars inside Aso Rock should be close.

This man is HIGH!

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by kbdrim(m): 4:19am On Jun 11, 2013
Nuhu Ribadu has just described Reuben Abati as a desperate personality, a fraud and someone who lacks ‘the simplest level of media literacy.’ grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by emekatimsu(m): 6:43am On Jun 11, 2013
GEJ, That's why we keep telling you to play less politics. If you had not played politics in restoring his rank and benefit it would have been a different thing. Soon Alams will start
his own ranting.Face governance and stop appeasing few people who cannot even guarantee your stay in office.Utilize the time at hand and give your best and think less of 2015, only good work can guarantee a 2nd
term for you.stop getting confused this Association of retrenched ex(s). they have been tested and discarded, they have become accidental activist and good governance crusaders but in the real sense we know they are only looking for rehabilitation to be funded by public purse.

11 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by homesteady(m): 7:00am On Jun 11, 2013
9jaganja: As the office of the FRN, you ar enot suppose to be throwing accusations at Nigerians be it opposition or whatever. If they say something untrue, you disprove it with "presidential facts".

If you really need to talk dirty, use proxy organizations not the office of the presidency. Jonathan try and be civilized now..

From what I read from the post, it was Abati that said it!! Not jonathan!! So jonathan does not have more pressing issues to attend to, that he'll start answering Ribadu stupid criticism?
Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Gbawe: 10:03am On Jun 11, 2013
One can tell that a highly insecure team GEJ is extremely rattled by Ribadu's utterance. This disgraceful, over-the-top and unpresidential attack against Ribadu is just unbelievable. The word "pr0st1tute" Sad and indicative of a highly paranoid and power-obsessed Presidency that has fully gotten into the gutter.

This will always happen when people are placed far above their station. His fans may not like to hear it but GEJ does not have the decorum, class, intelligence, pragmatism or self-assuredness to be President of the biggest black Nation on earth. Sadly, this is now showing every day.

4 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by kbdrim(m): 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
I honestly can't understand how abati has so fallen from the standards we all thought he had. I make bold to say he's been the worst media aide in the current political dispensation

8 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Policewoman(f): 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin ;DABATI has worsened from a GEJ spokesman to GEJ attack dog.
Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by mankand(m): 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abati or Apati or whatever you call your name.

You are the Ethically-Challenged Hypocrite here (Esau) You have sold your dignity for just loaves of bread, how time change.

It is a shame, but do not worry, come 2015, i advise you follow your headless master back to the creeks and return back to his fishing business or oil bunkering if not, you both will be cooling behind bars.

We are voting you all out.

#Mark my word#

11 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by yuzedo: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
[size=18pt]Who made the statement? Reuben Abati?? LOL![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Afrocatalyst: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
Mr Abati why nau? U dey spoil presidential opportunity given to u,abi na federal character sef. Thread wisely sah,d presidency is nt a permanent position.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Adamskuty(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
Can someone pls shut this abati mouth up,he's always in the press spilling rubbish out of his dirty mouth like a 12yrs old

I wonder what his children will say if they come across this on the net embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by coogar: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
Gbawe: One can tell that a highly insecure team GEJ is extremely rattled by Ribadu's utterance. This disgraceful, over-the-top and unpresidential attack against Ribadu is just unbelievable. The word "pr0st1tute" Sad and indicative of a highly paranoid and power-obsessed Presidency that has fully gotten into the gutter.

This will always happen when people are placed far above their station. His fans may not like to hear it but GEJ does not have the decorum, class, intelligence, pragmatism or self-assuredness to be President of the biggest black Nation on earth. Sadly, this is now showing every day.

i cannot disagree with abati here....
he's right on the money - nuhu ribadu has no chutzpah to speak about nigeria's sinking ship - he abused power when he was in charge. he was OBJ's political pitbull terrorising every politician that dares stand in OBJ's way. ribadu had his chance and he blew it - he has nothing to offer my beloved country(practical or theory)

ribadu should tape it shut!

6 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Tonex(m): 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
^^
Abati is also a hypocrite. Some years ago, he was very adamant and vocal in criticising the Government and now he has changed because he is now one of them.

Both of them are hypocrites, so I see no reason why Abati should cast aspersions on Ribadu for doing the same thing he did a while ago

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by dave2(m): 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
What rubbish is Abati saying?
Can't u guys read and understand? angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by druid06(m): 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by druid06(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
It's funny seeing how Mr Abati speech was carefully composed, not once ever did he mention Baba's ( OBJ ) in any part of his speech. The statement too is contradictory praising Ribadu as a respectable chairman of the EFCC and in the subsequent parts that followed, commented on Ribadu being corrupt and a political thug for the former administration. All these politicians self, them think say we nor sabi English small. See as the man dey twist word...LOL....

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by galadima77(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
all comments so far have been brilliant but I think many times desperation sets in when politicians loose relevance. I understand Abatti went too low but many shouldn't forget easily how worse Ribadu was in his days. His criticism was far from constructive. if u ask me...I wouldn't choose btw obj n gej ....we deserve more brilliant n civilized minds in Aso rock.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by 50calibre(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
This is the problem with Nigeria, if you are anti-corruption, you are a potential target

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by ShobayoEmma(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
is this man a saint that worth this talk i.e ribadu
Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Two4Two(m): 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abati sure knows how to fire his missiles to opponents of the presidency. One day he will leave the post and we shall see how he will change his opinion. We are waiting for him at the other side.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
bcomputer101: This Reuben Abati talks too much.

I suggest that all the bear and wine bars inside Aso Rock should be close.

This man is HIGH!
He speaks the truth one this matter.
Drunk or not. Dat ribadu guy and his fellow kinsmen are just being selfish by encouraging a false doctrine of "one-Nigeria" while they sit back and grow fat on the riches of southern-Nigeria. They are wicked people and theifs! Propagating big lies in the name of writing books and encouraging continuation of this bastardised country.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Stalemate(m): 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
homesteady: Abbati!! Always around to give good answers to bad critics!! That is why I'll always advise all this political prostitutes who had been in the government before, not to be spewing rubbish from their mouth!! The more they trY to decredit this government, the more the truth about them comes to the full view of the public!!

Even the so called ABATI has once describe broz ALAMCO has someone who isn't fitenough to be among the good people of naija in 2005 when he was arrested for money laundering.
Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Rhino5dm: 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
Scoreline

Abati 1 : Ribadu 0

See hoowwwww dem finish the hypocrite? shocked

4 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Ganys: 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
Is Okupe on Leave, this is not abati I used to know. Chai, Money has turn this man to become a modified Garage urchin. Must he attack anyone that criticise his Oga
Kai....How time flies and people change..
Mr Abati, You are nothing but a rabies infested Dog, Barking without limit...
Oloriburuku were jati jati angry

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by galadima77(m): 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Two4Two: Abati sure knows how to fire his missiles to opponents of the presidency. One day he will leave the post and we shall see how he will change his opinion. We are waiting for him at the other side.

lolz...please dont be on the other side o. its for those who lost grip on power. we on the other hand are on the receiving end of the good, the bad and most unfortunately the ugly.
Never take sides with any of these politicians cos they only pretend to feel your yearnings.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by coogar: 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tonex: ^^
Abati is also a hypocrite. Some years ago, he was very adamant and vocal in criticising the Government and now he has changed because he is now one of them.

Both of them are hypocrites, so I see no reason why Abati should cast aspersions on Ribadu for doing the same thing he did a while ago

truth be told, ribadu is a goat!
jonathan didn't start well but i must say he has found his mojo in the last 90 days. his decision-making has been spot on since the 2nd quarter of the year and if he continues with the same form, my votes would go to him.

my problem is - why are the attacks against jonathan coming when he seems to be doing very well? besides, if anyone must attack jonathan, it should never be ribadu. he shouldn't even have been allowed to give any public speech - he ought to be on exile hiding under caves and rocks till natural death comes!

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Abali1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
homesteady:

From what I read from the post, it was Abati that said it!! Not jonathan!! So jonathan does not have more pressing issues to attend to, that he'll start answering Ribadu stupid criticism?
Bro, Abati is Jonathan's mouth piece. What ever he says is taken to be GEJ's statement.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by druid06(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
The title of this thread should be called POWER STRUGGLES BETWEEN POLITICIANS
Re: Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati by Abali1(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
It seems Ribadu have to understand the saying that "POWER IS TRANSIENT.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elections: PDP, APC Heavyweights, Others Lose Security Aides As Police Withdraw / Gov. Ugwuanyi Inspects Multiple Ongoing Projects In Enugu / Former Adviser To The President Now Turned To Street Begger (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.