Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (180845 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
Tos87:
the final image...did submit it for the competition http://www.blenderguru.com/competitions/another-planet/# ...other entries were awesome...hope mine is approved for listing thus appears in the entry section.

Awesome, like the fog.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Tos87:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lil animation i did with that my lil man.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bExpnI94x0I
The background image didn't blend with the scene.
You didn't check the in-betweens created by blender in your walk and run cycle.
Bad Character.
Dragon not Good.
Good lighting.
Poor Environment.
Good half-story.

Love it though.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
Playing with force fields.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 11:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
primus361:

The background image didn't blend with the scene.
You didn't check the in-betweens created by blender in your walk and run cycle.
Bad Character.
Dragon not Good.
Good lighting.
Poor Environment.
Good half-story.

Love it though.
lol lol lol.....thanks a lot.
any ways the whole thing was a serious projet initially with a good story.... when I started, I ran into some serious issues beyond my animation capabilities and prowess at that moment smiley smiley so, I had to abandon it when I realized I wasn't getting it right . wanted to discard it . to me is just some funny stuff lol and ... but I just needed you guys to see it.smiley wink . thanks again ,words of this kind pushes us for better result in the future.
BTW. would love it if you speak more on in between by blender stuff you mentioned. thanks .
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 7:16am On Apr 03, 2015
Wow its been a while, great job guys!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 7:16am On Apr 03, 2015
Wow its been a while, good jobs guys!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 9:14am On Apr 03, 2015
@Tos87 cool design but looking at the cave.. it seems like u didn't use displacement maps, specularity map and some grunge texture to add more realism... but its good sha.. love the scene... did you use the golden ratio or the rule of thirds for the scene set up?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 9:16am On Apr 03, 2015
and guys please drop you emails let me send some grass model from the grass essentials pack to you. i will send 1 grass model and one weed model + texture. not the free model that Andrew price used in his tutorial but a model i paid for. so if you are able to download andrew price free grass model and the 1 i will send make your models 2.. grin wink
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 03, 2015
Tos87:
lol lol lol.....thanks a lot.
any ways the whole thing was a serious projet initially with a good story.... when I started, I ran into some serious issues beyond my animation capabilities and prowess at that moment smiley smiley so, I had to abandon it when I realized I wasn't getting it right . wanted to discard it . to me is just some funny stuff lol and ... but I just needed you guys to see it.smiley wink . thanks again ,words of this kind pushes us for better result in the future.
BTW. would love it if you speak more on in between by blender stuff you mentioned. thanks .

You should have completed the story.

When you insert key frames blender calculates the in-between translations for you. Say you set a key frame at frame 10 and frame 30. The in-betweens are from frame 11 to 29 created by blender. So when making a run or walk cycle blender does not do a good just calculating the in-betweens so you need to go back and check it. In your walk and run cycles, the motion is sharp and not flexible.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 11:44am On Apr 03, 2015
primus361:

You should have completed the story.

When you insert key frames blender calculates the in-between translations for you. Say you set a key frame at frame 10 and frame 30. The in-betweens are from frame 11 to 29 created by blender. So when making a run or walk cycle blender does not do a good just calculating the in-betweens so you need to go back and check it. In your walk and run cycles, the motion is sharp and not flexible.
OK .... I get it. hope to do better next time. thanks
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2015
donemmx:
and guys please drop you emails let me send some grass model from the grass essentials pack to you. i will send 1 grass model and one weed model + texture. not the free model that Andrew price used in his tutorial but a model i paid for. so if you are able to download andrew price free grass model and the 1 i will send make your models 2.. grin wink
tociokeke@gmail. com . thanks in anticipation.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
donemmx:
@Tos87 cool design but looking at the cave.. it seems like u didn't use displacement maps, specularity map and some grunge texture to add more realism... but its good sha.. love the scene... did you use the golden ratio or the rule of thirds for the scene set up?
rule of thirds.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
donemmx:
just what i needed...thanks a lot bro, God bless ur hustle
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Tos87:
OK .... I get it. hope to do better next time. thanks

Of course you'll do better.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 10:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
check your mail guys>>>>
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 04, 2015
donemmx:
check your mail guys>>>>
seen ur mail, thanks a billion bro.
But i've got a minor problem. I want to add a diffuse, glossy and transluscent material to a grass model and i don't know if i'm supposed to use two mix shaders or is there any other way to do it ? And i also don't know which point in the node setup to add the gradient texture node to make the bottom of my grass model brown and the top green. I never liked using nodes, i just decided to give it a try. Thanks a lot guys... Donemx, primus361, tos87, kazuna, preboy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 04, 2015
cupid1:
But i've got a minor problem. I want to add a diffuse, glossy and transluscent material to a grass model and i don't know if i'm supposed to use two mix shaders or is there any other way to do it ? And i also don't know which point in the node setup to add the gradient texture node to make the bottom of my grass model brown and the top green. I never liked using nodes, i just decided to give it a try. Thanks a lot guys... Donemx, primus361, tos87, kazuna, preboy cheesy
two mix shaders would be better, so you can control the mixture.
depending on which shader you want to appear the most(diffuse I guess). The combo should be

Mix shader 1 [Glossy + translucent]
Mix shader 2 [Mix shader 1 + diffuse]
thus the ratio should Glossy 0.25, Translucent 0.25, diffuse 0.5... bt you can't adjust to your preference

hope it helps.... and nodes are crappy, speaking from experience
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 04, 2015
cupid1:

See the screen shot.

The Green color on the HSV Node represent the grass color.
The Blue on the Glossy shader represent the color of the sky on the grass.
The Yellow on the Translucent shader is the emmission of the sun color.

Hope it helps.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2015
donemmx:
check your mail guys>>>>
yinksey.brown2@gmail.com thanks in anticipation.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
@donemmx, u are right, character design is extremely wacko....but then someone should tackle it. When I first started out with Blender I was hopin to be an environ artist , maybe becos I started with andrew price (God Bless Him) but then when I finish my environs - they required xters to interact with, I had no other choice but to delve into xter......
Modelling is not the problem really...the asshole lies in rigging, especially facial rigging......
At a point, I was tempted to use Softimage's FaceImage but it just didnt work, relearning interface and all...

the best moments in character design is in the texture painting, Muscle deformations (my fav) and in hair.....Grooming hair is so relaxing!

Wish we could have more character Blendos here.......

and una Enviros, How come no one ever delves into simulations like fire, rigid body collisions and the rest......

If we really want to up the tempo in VFX, we must go beyond ANDREW PRICE Like Modelling and Stuff.....

Don't mind me guyz, just whining away my frustrations grin

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 06, 2015
@Tos87
Your first animation is like this!
Take a high five!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
donemmx:
thanks bro.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
kazuna:
@Tos87
Your first animation is like this!
Take a high five!
this kind if scary.... cool.
pls how do one fix this....I tried sculpting... but each time I use he sculpting brush on mesh it automatically mirrors on the other side. so how do I fix that. is there any thing I should do.
also thanks for the compliment.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjk24(m): 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
Tos87:
this kind if scary.... cool.
pls how do one fix this....I tried sculpting... but each time I use he sculpting brush on mesh it automatically mirrors on the other side. so how do I fix that. is there any thing I should do.
also thanks for the compliment.
have never bein able to figure dah out either,buh I fink there's a work arnd, just sculpt every thing you actually want mirrored to d oda side, after you dne den apply the mirror modifier, you can they sculpt each side with out it getting mirrored .
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjk24(m): 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
Open gl_anim-test...not finished a lot of work to do, there's dis weird transition from between d 1st camera and d second.. Pls critique..., like and mayb subscribe.. Final render with all d props mayb soon enough... So off note personally I find anything outside organic modelling and animating tedious,its good if you have a good knowledge of everything ,rigging , texturing and co, buht having to do this repeated kinda kills me, cus am more into animation dah the rest, this is why I love plug ins or free rigs.. Bein trying to geht this cookie flex rig though.. Pls if anyone has dah rig a need it so badly,. Blend swap be asking for monthly subscription like there life depends on it. (Pls check out my animation test below)Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h16BUmxsnA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 7:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
jjk24:
have never bein able to figure dah out either,buh I fink there's a work arnd, just sculpt every thing you actually want mirrored to d oda side, after you dne den apply the mirror modifier, you can they sculpt each side with out it getting mirrored .
glad someone else is having same problem... I do hope another person would throw more light on it. wink . please I do need to fix it. thanks.
good animation... we are getting there. better result next time.

And for the critiques... pls we are still amateurs. so do it constructively.

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
donemmx:

wilsonreuben2012@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 07, 2015
kazuna:
@donemmx, u are right, character design is extremely wacko....but then someone should tackle it. When I first started out with Blender I was hopin to be an environ artist , maybe becos I started with andrew price (God Bless Him) but then when I finish my environs - they required xters to interact with, I had no other choice but to delve into xter......
Modelling is not the problem really...the asshole lies in rigging, especially facial rigging......
At a point, I was tempted to use Softimage's FaceImage but it just didnt work, relearning interface and all...

the best moments in character design is in the texture painting, Muscle deformations (my fav) and in hair.....Grooming hair is so relaxing!

Wish we could have more character Blendos here.......

and una Enviros, How come no one ever delves into simulations like fire, rigid body collisions and the rest......

If we really want to up the tempo in VFX, we must go beyond ANDREW PRICE Like Modelling and Stuff.....

Don't mind me guyz, just whining away my frustrations grin

I've seen some of
your videos. I love you characters-they are full of life. Especially the lady in your cave sister shot. So i've these questions for you.

How long did it take you to be good at character modeling?

How long does it take you to model a character?

What modeling techniques do you use. Plane, point-point or box modeling?

What modeling workflow do you use? Do you sculpt and retopo or you just model straight?

What tutorial did you follow to before you got to this level?

Do you make money with Blender, if Yes, How?

I'll love it if you answer the questions in the order.
Thanks
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 10:51am On Apr 07, 2015
After some time off blender, I resume with this, I will start working on a character very soon.

2 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
primus361:

How long did it take you to be good at character modeling?

How long does it take you to model a character?

What modeling techniques do you use. Plane, point-point or box modeling?

What modeling workflow do you use? Do you sculpt and retopo or you just model straight?

What tutorial did you follow to before you got to this level?

Do you make money with Blender, if Yes, How?

I'll love it if you answer the questions in the order.
Thanks

Thanks for watching my videos PRimus...

1. How long does it take me to model a character?
It depends on the character type, I am not good at robots. but if its a cartoony xter like my xters in the video u watched , it takes roughly five hours form modeling to texturing......Body rigging is a whole day, facial another day. So that's 2 and a half days for a single xter.

IF its a near realistic xter like the zombies and stuff, It can take a week.

2. How long did it take you to be good at character modeling?
I started with blender the sooner I finished service way back in september 2012. then as an enviro. I started stylized xter design in the later part of 2013 and I went fully into organic modelling in August 2014 cos i failed in that nairaland competition....lol

3. What modeling techniques do you use. Plane, point-point or box modeling?
Just Sculpting.....can never do Box modelling, My brain lacks that capacity.
I sculpt then retopo using B-Curves.

4.What tutorial did you follow to before you got to this level?
I watche alot of tutorials.....Tony Ward for stylized xters mostly.....I watch tutorials in other 3d software too, even if i cant use them, I engage with their workflow. for e.g I use to watch a frnd of mine using MAYA to retopo even though I can never touch MAYA's inteface (becos this same friend who happens to be in the field before me So boasted of Maya's capabilities that I secretly habor a hatred for MAYA and him...lol)

And I neva model without my anatomy book besides me, I can't sketch so the books which are so colourful are my El dorado and If u go to my utube channel, u will see some of my subscriptions......I watch tutorials that are even non blender.........
If I should jump off blender, It will be Houdini for its baby easy simulations algorithm and Modo for its Rigging coolness.....will never try MAYA or 3DSMAX ( have two frnds so SMUG about them)

5. DO I make money from Blender?
Well NO.......
For now BLendering is just a relaxing (can still be frustrating) way to keep my eyes off Python and PHP.
In the future, I want to direct my first Horror Movie. OK, maybe just be part of a film production hauz

N.B. Once u go into xter design, chances are u will lose your Environment Design capabilities unless u r a super. genius or Shimish.....lol
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yinksey:
After some time off blender, I resume with this, I will start working on a character very soon.
Yinskey, ur attention to detail is retina damaging
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
kazuna:

5. DO I make money from Blender?
Well NO.......
For now BLendering is just a relaxing (can still be frustrating) way to keep my eyes off Python and PHP.
In the future, I want to direct my first Horror Movie. OK, maybe just be part of a film production hauz
I watched blender guru YouTube video on how to make a living with blender and it is interesting. But seeing it from this part of the world...and aware of how cg art is perceived as something that has not gained much impact .... it makes me wonder how computer graphic artists like animators , vfx and lots of them can make ends meet through their cg arts.
please people should speak more on this because I believe a lot of people are having the same issue having in mind the abysmal unemployment situation in this country and not just on this nl thread but even beyond the perimeter of nl.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.