Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (181271 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
jjamani:
well I see this room is not that active anymore.. well these are some of the work done in the whatsapp room.. we've been having nice time there..
I like the bottle of beer and its camera position... like wise the sky scraper model.
I think the rest can work on that.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ExInferis(m): 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
Tos87:
ride on... nice. but have to work on the cup the more... the edge is kind of not the moderate size.

it began life as a cube primitive. the vertices were extruded along the z axis and modified with the solidify modifier. i was not aiming for photorealism.

thnaks.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ExInferis(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
glass cup with napkin.

the glass cup was a UV sphere cut and scaled, the napkin was a rotated plane with the cloth simulation. collision added to cup, bottom plane, and the napkin both to itself and the other objects.

took 25 minutes to render with render sampling of 2,500 on a Surface Pro 3 (core i5).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2015
ExInferis:

it began life as a cube primitive. the vertices were extruded along the z axis and modified with the solidify modifier. i was not aiming for photorealism.

thnaks.
ok...but is ain't about photorealism... a cup is a Cup
you are welcome.

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ExInferis(m): 11:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
Tos87:
ok...but is ain't about photorealism... a cup is a Cup
you are welcome.

like i said, i could easily adjust the solidify values or negative extrude the rim if i was aiming for a proper cup dimensions. i wasnt.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ExInferis(m): 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
a cute & cuddly teddy. built from spheres, and particles for fur.

the follow-along is on youtube.

will rig it and make a 250 frame animation soon.

4 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2015
ExInferis:
a cute & cuddly teddy. built from spheres, and particles for fur.

the follow-along is on youtube.

Survivor of the Banhammer of Thor......I like you.

I like that certain edge you have, that claim to your freedom to express, sharp and not too brittle.
But a cup is still a Cup.....hmmmm, a skull can be a cup to the Abriba Warrior.

And then Art is an expression. Picasso's prostitutes were as curvy as well as Caravaggio's Madonnas, but they are both all Female autonomy and grace expressed differently.

will you foray into Character design?
You said you are mainly a compositor, can you tell me what to do , how to remove that testing platform in my hulk animation?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
ExInferis:

this is the one i yearn to see.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ExInferis(m): 11:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
kazuna:

Survivor of the Banhammer of Thor......I like you.

I like that certain edge you have, that claim to your freedom to express, sharp and not too brittle.
But a cup is still a Cup.....hmmmm, a skull can be a cup to the Abriba Warrior.

And then Art is an expression. Picasso's prostitutes were as curvy as well as Caravaggio's Madonnas, but they are both all Female autonomy and grace expressed differently.

will you foray into Character design?
You said you are mainly a compositor, can you tell me what to do , how to remove that testing platform in my hulk animation?

these are basic meshes i knock off on the fly. im less interested in the philosophy of proportions, and more into the expressionism of materials, textures and lighting. once you get the hang of luminosity, radiosity, volumetric lighting, etc and the photographic techniques of filters and even basic RGB, then one can worry about meshes and symmetry.

im testing Yafray and other renderers to see what advantage they may possible have over Cycles.

im learning composition, Node Editing isnt easy or straight forward without knowing the disciplines i mentioned above (lighting and materials) becuase proper lighting affects mood, luminance, etc.

so hang in there while i sort the stuff out.

character design? here's my ideal babe. high res, rigged with bones, posed. sculpted to enhance bumps.

lighting needs some work.

2 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 8:03am On Jun 08, 2015
ExInferis:

character design? here's my ideal babe. high res, rigged with bones, posed. sculpted to enhance bumps.

lighting needs some work.
hmm... interesting.... following.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
New Tracking And animation coming up shortly....improving stability of my tracks, huhuu

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
kazuna:
New Tracking And animation coming up shortly....improving stability of my tracks, huhuu
wow! this could just be a start to nollywood's venture into vfx.... NEVER RELENT BRO
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
kazuna:
welldone
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 12:18am On Jun 09, 2015
kazuna:

wow, when will i reach this stage for God's sake, you made me feel backward.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2015
Yinksey:

wow, when will i reach this stage for God's sake, you made me feel backward.

We all have our specializations, thats why i kept saying or rather hoping that we could converge somehow to produce somethang.......You never know how much I envy you guyz attention to detail and depth when it comes to Environment Design and Modelling.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ExInferis(m): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
pepper splash

still life

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ExInferis(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
kazuna:

where are the track nodes, and how many track points are you using? because at it is, it looks like a still composition.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
ExInferis:

where are the track nodes, and how many track points are you using? because at it is, it looks like a still composition.

The track nodes? where are they? grin

I used 15 tracking points , with a total solve error of 7.66

Texturing phase, Critique guys....Is theTexturing okay Or the lighting bad enough to Crack ExInferis Cups?

Blender Rendering is always my portion? When will cycles be faster for Animation....

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
kazuna:

Texturing phase, Critique guys....Is theTexturing okay Or the lighting bad enough to Crack ExInferis Cups?

Blender Rendering is always my portion? When will cycles be faster for Animation....
weldone...I would suggest you move to cycles.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ExInferis(m): 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
kazuna:

you need to use Cycles, then utilize RBG curves and color ramp to properly shade the models. Are you using sun or world lighting? the diffuse and strength are too much.

checkout this guy (time lapsed tho)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHSQlFBHFWQ

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by AAinEqGuinea: 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
ExInferis:

you need to use Cycles, then utilize RBG curves and color ramp to properly shade the models. Are you using sun or world lighting? the diffuse and strength are too much.

checkout this guy (time lapsed tho)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHSQlFBHFWQ

Vid was insane

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ExInferis(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Vid was insane

sebastian is a master compositor. look for his DVD "Track Match Blend" if you really want to learn composition.

no matter how good you're in sculpting or modelling, if you dont know proper lighting, tracking, masking, and comping it wont take you far.

someday i dream of being behind some Visual FX power house to help our movie and advertising industries along.

let's hope this is a good start towards something great for all of us.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
Damm, compositing x one more thing to learn....

Has any one tried an animation with Cycles, concerned by the noise and rendering time?

I reduced the light and its still there...

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ExInferis(m): 12:55am On Jun 10, 2015
kazuna:
Damm, compositing x one more thing to learn....

Has any one tried an animation with Cycles, concerned by the noise and rendering time?

I reduced the light and its still there...

much better. need more specular highlights, and subsurface scattering especially on the elephant's ears.

see walk cycle in Cycles below. low poly model, hands need some work. the model is just a placeholder for more interesting characters. Look at the Dope Sheet. Crazy.

Check this out:

https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/cmu-bvh-conversion

A bit old but useful for quick-and-dirty concepts. i miss my Kinect.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
Well, I ve tried my best.....And certainly Compositing is not my Forte. This is my final chip it, I even made a pulsing & glowing elephant...lol

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
And here is the 200 frames animation...Critique very much desired. Thanks A Lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxixvz_MuWI
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ufelove(m): 12:12am On Jun 12, 2015
I'm two years late.. Jeez. Somone please hand me that dusty chair, ABEG show me highlight
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 18, 2015
Harry Potter Inspired Wizard Fight coming up.....
also a Gigantic 3D Python Constricting a Real Person in his vllage (thats Me) Coming up.....
#Tracking for Life.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
kazuna:
And here is the 200 frames animation...Critique very much desired. Thanks A Lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxixvz_MuWI
Very cool... i love this. Kazuna ....hmmmm kiss
just added it to my site. will join you soon
grin
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 23, 2015
Wish blender could put Alembic into their future releases. I came across this crowd simulation software known as Massive. One can simulate battle scenes with just two animated xters fighting, without having to crash your system.

But the point is, it can only export as alembic. and in the options lists I could only see Houdini, Lightwave, 3dsmax and Maya Alembic formats. Pity!
Blender Foundation plz do put on Alembic, its even a free code from Sony Imageworks.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 23, 2015
Tos87:

Very cool... i love this. Kazuna ....hmmmm kiss
just added it to my site. will join you soon
grin

thanks, for Showcasing me on your site......Apreciatico!

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.