Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. (7965 Views)

2005 Jeep Liberty LIMITED ( Pre Ordered By DUNKA From Inspired Autos June 2013 ) / SOLD!!!!*SOLD!!!!**ANOTHER EXOTIC Ride***toks- 2007 Jeep Liberty Limited ( 2m ) / 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited . . *Done $ Delivered**Pre-ordered By A Friend Of NL** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by ziontrain: 10:48pm On May 08, 2008
I am in Texas. Email me at "straighttalk60@gmail.com"
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by TheMaster: 5:13am On May 09, 2008
One of the most frequent problems today is rolled back odometers, I have inspected some cars recently, took the VINs, checked them only to find out that the odometers have been rolled back.

An example is a 2007 Camry advertised on this forum with 700 miles. Carfax report showed it already did 17,000 miles as at last inspection!

If a dealer is aware of this, shouldn't he disclose this?

Are all these roll backs done in US or are local dealers capable of doing such? It is so rampant these days!

VINs should be posted with every advertised car on Nairaland as a standard!
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by ziontrain: 5:49am On May 09, 2008
You hit the nail on the head. You are indeed "The Master"! I owe you 2 plates of pepper soup!
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 6:28am On May 09, 2008
@ziontrain,

e be like say u be igbo man wink
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 11:31am On May 09, 2008
nkc, i think you are wrong

if it was isi ewu that was offered then you can make this conclusion. But since it is pepper soup then,
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 12:29pm On May 09, 2008
@foto,

there was a time i think he offered isi ewu to viperman grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by ziontrain: 1:01pm On May 09, 2008
nkc/fotodaddy,

I be half-cast, Half-Igbo, half-Yoruba grin grin grin

OK, seriously, I'm a yoruba man that hangs around everybody!
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 1:03pm On May 09, 2008
"Half cast" , abi you be concrete we no set well?? cool
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by jenju(m): 1:08pm On May 09, 2008
Your guys are quite funny smiley smiley smiley
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 1:19pm On May 09, 2008
@fotodaddy

i was wondering,maybe he needs 28 days to SET properly, tongue
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by ziontrain: 2:17pm On May 09, 2008
Your guys are just too much, i can't stop laughing grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2008
grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 2:27pm On May 09, 2008
@ziontrain
Na him be say you go pay oo tongue Becos people dey pay to laugh like this. In fact na this kin thing Ali Baba take buy him own jeep OOO And I need 2008 Pathfinder oooo grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 2:31pm On May 09, 2008
@ziontrain,

i dey follow my leader,

me my own na 2009 Concept Passat tongue tongue tongue
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by ziontrain: 2:42pm On May 09, 2008
lol. next guy will ask for 2010 Baby Girl!  grin grin grin

Fotodaddy, maybe you're in the wrong business, I think you should join Ali Baba, you will do very well o, maybe better than him!!
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 2:57pm On May 09, 2008
oya now, ziontrain, arrange gig for me for that side. Sharp sharp, I go storm the place and the next thing, we go dey count dough grin grin grin

Jenju go dey gate, nkc go be bouncer grin grin grin grin

And we go bend the rule tire
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 3:00pm On May 09, 2008
fotodaddy:

oya now, ziontrain, arrange gig for me for that side. Sharp sharp, I go storm the place and the next thing, we go dey count dough grin grin grin

Jenju go dey gate, nkc go be bouncer grin grin grin grin

And we go bend the rule tire

SECONDED

oya ziontrain
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by EI(m): 4:55pm On May 09, 2008

« #26 on: Yesterday at 07:14:48 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a Long term phone call with FOTODADDY

The Misinterpretation has been solved,

I tender My Apology for having not Explained In Depth Earlier,

Let the Buyer do Proper Checks, Let the Seller Provide Full Disclosure is the Rule of the Game.

@Inspired,
This is not the way to do it, i.e. express remorse - I'm surprised some others are buying it.

The Carfax issue that bedeviled our transaction for the few days before and after sale, apparently has found you out. And to think that for over a month, my Lagos based brother (Es) and I must have spent several 10,000s naira on phone bills with you while trying to share our dreams (target cars in 2008), get alternative deals and most of all, build a relationship!

The Corolla that was transferred to us on Friday 4/4/2008 was a damaged vehicle and you sure took opportunity of the facts that:
- I was remote in the transaction
- Es is "not (quite) good with cars" (in Alex's words during discussions around one of the alternatives)
- Es was busy the day of the visual inspection (I called him out of a workshop he was coordinating in his office, which he had to run back to after a few minutes "browse"wink
- info we shared wrt dates (dad's birthday/kid brother's wedding) became a very useful tool in your hands to pile pressure wrt getting the transaction sorted out fast!
- we dropped our guards, always thinking we were dealing with a guy that walked the talk! - we forgot we were still in Naija (apologies to those that still choose to be straight; cash temptations notwithstanding)

Few hours after full cash payment through FBN fund transfer when Es shockingly observed the rear headrests were missing, you kept us trusting through your sweet raps, for the replacement, until Es travelled to deliver the car the following weekend (when we were to present as a birthday gift to our dad).
You never kept your promise. The expectation cost him a day back in Lagos. And you never gave an apology!

This is to re-state (Es already informed you), that the vehicle broke down that very first trip out of Lagos, near Ore. The wires used to hang the radiator broke causing it to sag, and radiator fan dropped, cutting through the dangling hose supplying the power steering fluid tank.

This is to inform you that following the week after we presented this wonderful 2004 (almost new we told the joyous old man!) car to my dad:
- the power steering went kaput; temp guage hit the roof etc, because the bolts holding the A/C compressor gave way (disrupting all associated belts)
- I've had to send him a handsome 5 figure sum as subsidy to his full rework of all anomalies we observed with the car.

Anomalies not limited to the list below:
- absence of water tank for windscreen wiper (none!)
- search for and purchase of complete air filter housing (you/whoever you sold on behalf, placed an air cleaner of another model, held by strings to where the  housing would be; with opening to engine completely sealed out!)
- fitting of rear mirror that couldn't stay fixed to windscreen
- search for and purchase of rear headrests
etc.

These almost entirely defeated the purpose we spent so much time and money, 1.6m! getting the mtce free car.
The supposed treat to my old man, has been another source of his visits to spare parts market and mechanic! Just days after receiving vehicle angry

Not 100% your fault as you are right with "Let the Buyer do Proper Checks".
Es arrived too late in the night the day it came for the weekend partying, for me to assess the car. But when I did in the morning, it took me less than 2mins to know it had been severely accidented. The tell-tale signs were many:
- bonnet/hood can't easily be opened or closed
- windscreen "rubbers" were not neatly holding (glass has obviously been replaced)
- rear mirror dangling on the electrical cable, as a consequence of replacement
- the whole engine compartment messed up! (signs of mechanical/bodily reworks)
- missing components in engine compartment (water tank for wiper; most likely burst during accident, plastic cover over space between grill and radiator, wires holding various parts, missing studs etc.)
- non lapping right headlight (can even be noticed from advert pics)
- obvious signs of local paint work; peels off bumper region from wind effect after first journey! So bad that where "Happy birthday" was taped on bumper, also peeled off with masking tape undecided
etc.

The consequence is that other 2/3 cars we intended to single-source through you, are being sourced through others (e.g. Jenju is shipping in my Acura MDX next month). Of course I don't expect it to hurt you much as you must have made some margin off the Corolla.
Godliness with contentment is great gain O! Reputation vide integrity and brand image dey better pass coins.

All,
I shared my experience with fotodaddy a couple of weeks back and frankly, I had planned on a sharing my experience later with all intending Nairaland buyers, on a later date (than now) when I would have been convinced I wasn't too angry to lose objectivity in my narration. And I had planned to share without copying the advert link (i.e. connecting it directly back to Inspired), as it was supposed to be less of a personal-attack, than a warning to other Nairalanders.

The passion of above writing is borne out of so much disappointment in a "trusted acquaintance", loss of faith in and anxiety over purchased product, anger with self for being too trusting and stupid (one could have gotten a better 2001/2 Accord or Camry for less cost and more value!). One is not even talking about the mileage not being tampered with (got a conflicting Carfax report first, then another that could not be verified; new gist about Canadian manufacture source for a car that seller always said was US manufactured), or security issues as one could not sight the chassis#/VIN (not sure if not eliminated through panel beating embarassed ),

I hope the lessons from this Thread (i.e. lessons as a result of the challenges from nkc, ziontrain and fotodaddy), those from fotodaddy's Thread " When Is "too Good To Be True", Too Good To Be True " etc., have been appropriately enlightening.

Prov 28:13 has been my favorite over the years and I hope for Inspired, the "forsakes" part will be real henceforth.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by EI(m): 5:07pm On May 09, 2008

« #32 on: Yesterday at 10:48:58 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am in Texas. Email me at "straighttalk60@gmail.com"

Frankly speaking/writing, on reading this Thread earlier this afternoon, I thought ziontrain was another alias of Jenju shocked)

The styles are so much alike. The questioning techniques and interests also jiving wink
Then the coincidence of both being based in the US. But the locations in the US brings the matter to rest (I think),

PS: Also my thinking concerning Babeisme, who I'm suspecting to be one of other dealers/sellers that have contributed to this Thread - una forgive the intrigues wey dey my mind O,
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by ziontrain: 5:21pm On May 09, 2008
EI,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I really feel for you my brother. The good Lord will compensate you accordingly and give you double blessing for your trouble. Amen.

Nairalanders, una don hear again. If you see posting on this forum without CARFAX report and/or VIN number and on top of that you cannot match the VIN with CARFAX report or seller is avoiding giving out this information using one trick or the other, just walk away and wait for God's time to get your car. Better still, contact some of the reliable dealers on this forum who are willing to give this information UPFRONT and they will help you out.

To the guy who says I am Jenju (I just realize that it is EI), abeg send email to me at "straighttalk60@gmail.com" and I will send you my phone number. You can then talk to Jenju and see if we are the same person. By the way a few people have contacted me from this forum and we've spoken on the phone. And if you are not convinced, then that will be your own problem o!. I am not in the business of convincing people. My business is honesty and selling of cars.

If my style is similar to Jenju's, I think that is a great compliment! We are both honest, straight forward, well informed and intelligent. Why won't we sound alike? Maybe you find it strange coming in contact with honest and good people due to your past experience but trust me, honest people still exist - even on this forum. Can't you see all the people helping to check VIN numbers for FREE? It costs money to register to be able to check VIN numbers over here. We need more people sounding and thinking like us on this forum.

All the best.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 5:45pm On May 09, 2008
inspired_m, following our conversation yesterday, I will like to suggest that the least you can do, on account of relationship (and perhaps * undecided) you didnt know ) is to give EI an unreserved apology and a cash refund. The cash refund should be a minimum of 100K and should be accoumpanied with pleas and beggings for him to even accept.

Dont let hot ash pile on your head becos of dough. This world is too small. Make sure you get a man's forgiveness to sove yourself a lot of stress in future. lipsrsealed
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by jenju(m): 5:48pm On May 09, 2008
EI:

Frankly speaking/writing, on reading this Thread earlier this afternoon, I thought ziontrain was another alias of Jenju shocked)

The styles are so much alike. The questioning techniques and interests also jiving wink
Then the coincidence of both being based in the US. But the locations in the US brings the matter to rest (I think),

PS: Also my thinking concerning Babeisme, who I'm suspecting to be one of other dealers/sellers that have contributed to this Thread - una forgive the intrigues wey dey my mind O,

EI: You just gave me the type of compliments that money can't buy, and I thank you for it!  ziontrain comes across as a straight forward and honest guy and if that trait is what you associate with me, then I thank you once again.

For all practical purposes, I share the views that ziontrain has expressed here. I'm told by sources that ziontrain is a big and muscular guy with a wicked mustache, while I'm slim and maintain a low cut! Don't call me bald grin,
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2008
well i just came in and saw this, woow

EI, i feel yur pain, The good Lord will compensate you accordingly and give you double blessing for your trouble.( i am not ziontrain oh shocked shocked shocked)

EI, your mdx, will calm u down, just watch DVD grin grin grin

EI, yes zion & jenju, have xteristics of People with integrity, so i give it up to u, but if u want names, i am an IT engineer, i know whos behind every IP number u included grin grin grin, so worry not, they r two people oh, just like dey said

Zion is Muscular lipsrsealed Jenju is Bald lipsrsealed

Hope dis put a smile on yur face grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by riche007(m): 6:53pm On May 09, 2008
Hahaha. . .I no know whether to laugh but I got nearly $24k dangling with stories of "come today come tomorrow". "Your vehicle has been in the port for over a month. . .there's a serious backlog blah blah blah". My plans are screwed because I wanted to patronize my "brother". Na wa oh  undecided I've had to shuffle travel arrangements. . .

Kola, how body? Good to see some nice recommendation. You sounded quite credible the other day I spoke with you but u suppose work on your voice sha. .   grin just kidding.

Anyway, I thot I'd be recommending this so-called dealer (I wont mention names for now) but I can only pray this doesnt turn ugly because my lawyers have been briefed and ready to pull the trigger when I say "go". No be say $24k na my problem but in life, I've learnt to know that there are some toes you simply do not step on. Do not promise what u cannot deliver. It's a breach of contract if you break an agreement. EI just told his story and honestly, it's really appauling. I now see why alot of peeps are against accidented vehicles. I used to ship both new and rebuilt hi-end vehicles in the past based on demand from some clients and I just saw no reason why I would hide any details from my client. The price is obviously very attractive (I mean a 2007 Range Rover can go for as low as 3-4mil, why wont I go for it?) and as a former dealer, it's relatively easy to get this vehicles in "relatively good shape". Rule of thumb is . . .don't go for cars that have damaged frames or engines (might not be worth it). If it's hit lightly from the side or back, those are easy fixes and they are mechanically tested before shipped out. Infact, before i placed bids, I always sent them pics and prices, my suspicions and estimates and get their blessings before i go ahead. . .yet market full ground, I was unable to meet the growing demands and with my professional career flourishing, I had to make a decision. . .obviously I dropped the "pet car dealership" project. My point is, properly rebuilt vehicles have a large market far and wide (infact in N.America, there are millonaires who feast on these vehicles because of the market) and this is to encourage these car dealers that disclosure is everything. . .it doesnt hurt the market, rather it gives you credibility; however you must also ensure that these vehicles are built properly. An extra $1000 bucks to properly repair a vehicle will go a long way to building a broad market base. And even to the others that get non-accidented vehicles from these auctions, it is a known fact that some of these vehicles are previous off-lease vehicles and car rentals and we (who reside in N.America) know how car rentals are really abused; yes they are. . .so don't be deceived by the mileage alone. It doesnt hurt either to check out these vehicles and ensure they are well tested before shipping. A few hundred bucks will get you more customers; just my experience. Funny thing is that few years after dropping my "pet project", I still get calls and requests to ship in these vehicles. Too bad, I scouted the market a little bit to see a Naija dealer I can pass these requests to and act as a broker. . .I guess I didnt scout it well enough because I'm at the mercy of the "chosen one" who keeps on giving me stories week in week out.

With EI's story, hmmmm I was hoping to pull a deal through with the "Inspired" one but. . .we shall see.

And by the way, Jenju or other US based car dealers, can u give me real time info on the Baltimore port for vehicles shipping RoRo? What's the wait time like? Not that I really care because honestly, I don't.

On a final note, BUYERS BEWARE; there are genuine ones amongst the lot.

@fotodaddy, I dey hail. . .what do you have for your foto-godson? A P-finder wont be a bad idea o grin I dey greet!
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 7:10pm On May 09, 2008
@riche007
The p-finder is already on its way to my frontage thanks to Jenju (again) cool.

And the name fotodaddy, is actually my daughter's nickname. wink

Cheerio!!
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 7:17pm On May 09, 2008
@foto

i just spoke with jenju, yur pathfinder will arrive lagos, and be driven straight to ABUJA for me to test drive for 3days, after

which it will be sent down to u, then u carry on from there. grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by inspiredm(m): 7:21pm On May 09, 2008
EI,

I'm Surprised You did not mention anything about the First 5 Cars which I got for you/Es As an Alternative with No Issues, Viperman being a witness in One

of them, ( Viperman, The Guy for the Black 04 Accord )

The Customer is always Right, and this is not meant to Vindicate myself as an Auto Dealer

This is the first time im reading/seeing all these issues you raised on the 04 Corolla, Except the Rear Headrest which I was aware Of, and I personally

explained to you that I could not get matching colors to match the Seats.

You never Called me after the Purchase to tell me some things were wrong with the Car, Not until Now
. I Personally think thats very Unfair.

We do after Sales Services, for defects that occur few weeks after Sales, I was not Aware that the Car gave you Issues.

All Deals Cannot be 100% Smooth, Most do, and very few occurences like this Cannot be Completely Eliminated

I'm Truly Very Sorry for the experience
, sad

This is the First time a Nairalander Would Complain of an After Sales defect Having sold over 30 cars on here.

I take Up the Blames for the One Deals' Gone Bad here,

As regards the Honda Pilot turned Acura MDX, I wanted to contact Jenju, and when Jenju called me on the Phone, I Promised him we'll be doing a Honda

Pilot very soon.

Its all Good,

Once Again,

I'm Truly Sorry. undecided undecided
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by riche007(m): 7:37pm On May 09, 2008
fotodaddy:

@riche007
The p-finder is already on its way to my frontage thanks to Jenju (again) cool.

And the name fotodaddy, is actually my daughter's nickname. wink

Cheerio!!
Fotodaddy, good to know. Funny I paid for my ride (it was obviously bought) before Jenju pulled your P-Finder deal through and this so-called dealer tells me my ride is still at the port in . Na wa oh. . .God dey. Anyway, as we were saying, I wan apply to become "foto-godson". . .how do I go about that?  grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by jenju(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2008
inspired_m:

This is the first time im reading/seeing all these issues you raised on the 04 Corolla, Except the Rear Headrest which I was aware Of, and I personally

explained to you that I could not get matching colors to match the Seats.

You never Called me after the Purchase to tell me some things were wrong with the Car, Not until Now. I Personally think thats very Unfair.

If the above is true, then somebody owes inspired_m and the rest of us an explanation.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 7:43pm On May 09, 2008
@richie007,

who is this so called dealer? shocked

i concur with jenju, if inspired's comment is tru, someones owes both him and us and explanation. angry
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by yahoo2(m): 7:47pm On May 09, 2008
I Think "Inspired" is a Genuine Dealer, My friend has bought a car from " Inspired ", he bought the 2007 Honda Accord, and he has not reported of any Bad Business.
I plan on buying a car from him Soon.

Inspired_m,

We appreciate your explanation and apology on EI's Vehicle

EI,

If indeed you did not contact Inspired after the Purchase, to explain the defects that surfaced, then you have a fault as well.

There are 2 sides to every Story.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by jenju(m): 7:55pm On May 09, 2008
riche007:

Fotodaddy, good to know. Funny I paid for my ride (it was obviously bought) before Jenju pulled your P-Finder deal through and this so-called dealer tells me my ride is still at the port in . Na wa oh. . .God dey. Anyway, as we were saying, I wan apply to become "foto-godson". . .how do I go about that?  grin

richie007,

Your ride may very well be at the port as your dealer told you. You see, freight forwarders that do the bookings play games. They are alloted predetermined amount of cargo space per ship, thus your dealer's forwarder may have room for 50 cars on a ship - but  instead of booking 50 cars, they will book 60 or even more. The innocent customer will deliver the car to port only to discover that the car will not depart on the promised date. I've actually heard of cases where cars remain in the port for up to 2 - 3 months before departing!

Only good relationships with the freight forwarders and others will ensure that your vehicle leaves early.  Fotodaddy's and nkc's rides were booked on the same ship, delivered to port on the same day, but nkc's will leave next week, 7 - 10 days after it should have left! The freight forwarder overbooked cars, by 3 vehicles, hence nkc's ride became the first on the forwarder's allotment on the next ship!

Your dealer must stay on the case of his forwarder or your ride might remain at the port a little while longer.

Tell your dealer to send you the stamped Dock Receipt - this will confirm to you that the car was actually delivered to port.  Ask him to tell you which freight forwarder and shipping company he used and to which port the car was delivered.

Good luck to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

====2007 Toyota Highlander V6 4wd, 47K miles===== / 2005 Bmw 7-series For Sale: Full Options.....3.5M / Brand New Toyota Camry "Spider" SE 19/20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.