Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. (7966 Views)

2005 Jeep Liberty LIMITED ( Pre Ordered By DUNKA From Inspired Autos June 2013 ) / SOLD!!!!*SOLD!!!!**ANOTHER EXOTIC Ride***toks- 2007 Jeep Liberty Limited ( 2m ) / 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited . . *Done $ Delivered**Pre-ordered By A Friend Of NL** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by EI(m): 2:55pm On May 12, 2008
I've missed a bit of action as yesterday was too busy for me - family/"soccer"tainment (my two teams ManU and Real are having quite some fun). A busy schedule all morning, till now.

Let me rush through this and forever keep my peace,

fotodaddy:

OK inspired_m, you win!!! sad

EI is not a serious guy. He is probably on some cheap drugs and doesn't know what he is talking about. Unlike you who knows it all, has so many degrees and is an employer of labour to boot. EI get a life!!! Inspired_m, go on budddy!!!

You are the best dealer on nairaland and i give you the award. tongue

@fotodaddy,
I still have a very broad smile on my face 2-3mins after reading your last thread    cheesy

A very good satiric piece, and quite some humor to still the rumble through my system.

@Inspired,
Bros, I really don't want any refund - wetin that fit do to my financial position? Except if you wan give me 2.4m to settle Jenju as outstanding for Acura MDX  grin

I requested for a simple answer to my question to you about when you placed the supposedly last call wrt this transaction. Four posts thereafter and no answer (just like closure to issues around aux gear for the Liberty jeep)!

My "last testament" was supposed to be a one-liner but I'll give you the expo, which is that Es's phone was misplaced that same Sunday 13/4/2008, and that line 08035200743 yet to be retrieved. So I for catch you if you be write anything after the time of loss  grin  (although if you write now say na 1hr after his 8AM call, I still fit catch you as I dey the profession and as na business line, person fit retrieve call records to line up to a given period).

The interior and rear are quite ok. The pictures now as then, show such a "new" and virgin car (from mechanical reworks), why by proxy I rushed through the deal believing "it was too good to be true".
I believe the accident impact was front right. I know a little about cars and panel beating - trust me, my first car, A Peugeot 504GR was a good experience  wink
PS: When my wife's VW Polo was delivered by Honda Place in Nov2002, same intuition made me reject the offered vehicle and wait for next batch (this can be confirmed with THP PHC office). And months/years later when I was closer to the mtce staff (one of which drove the rejected car to my office), I was vindicated.

I won't be looking into this Thread hereafter as it will serve no purpose. I'm still nonplussed that you are still clutching hard at straws, why you smartly have tried bamboozling us with convenient neat pictures - like how Idi Amin's Govt would do in showing only the faces of victims gunned to death, and maintaining death through car accidents. Meanwhile:
1) I never wrote of existing damaged windscreen. I reported that "windscreen 'rubbers' were not neatly holding (glass has obviously been replaced)". Another smokescreen?
2) Outside of the picture of engine compartment (left side and assuming pic is that for my dad's car), is where the wiper's water tank should be. Not displayed
3) Outside the picture of engine compartment (bottom; S/W) is where we could see the missing studs, absence of cover b/w grill and radiator. Also not displayed
4) Outside the picture of engine compartment (right side) would have shwon the dangling end of air filter (resting on battery/body of car)
5) First picture; bottom right of right headlight may not show clearly >1" protrusion of headlight (reason can also be seen in engine compartment; not displayed)
4) Pic4 is too dark to show signs of windscreen replacement. Well,
etc.

E.I, I can see from the number of posts you have here that you are new to the site.

Your decision to buy a car without checking the VIN, or even having a good mechanic look at it before you buy confirms that you know absolutely nothing about the used car market.You paid over $10,000 on a car without opening the engine compartment! goes down as the worst thing a buyer can do on this site

@Sultaan,
Of course I'm new to Nairaland, as na something dey chase rabbit if you see am broad daylight run pass ya doormouth  grin

I appreciate your views. You are right wrt poor purchase mechanism;some of which I earlier explained viz:
- apparent trust built up over that period in seller
- Es (my brother on the ground) not having time to properly assess car, talkless of logistics of getting a mechanic (as mgr over operations at the Audit firm he is employed, he was hosting a workshop that period and had to "shoot out of/back to office" to sight the car; I requested his visual check and our payment)
- I admit Es's error of judgement in not spotting issues (which I saw in 2mins); at least checking under the hood before payment transfer. We've agreed before now that he is "less into cars"

An an individual I've dealt with used car purchases since June 1992, doing four till my last used car purchase in 2002; after which I had hoped never to touch used cars again. Note: the one I gave out last month, that which I use currently and another currently being processed, are "tear rubber" types (Honda Place for my sales/mtce details; any of Inspired, fotodaddy, Jenju and recently, Richie can privately provide you with my full details).
So Jenju, na coins (or lack of am) dey make me dey do that "used" Acura MDX, as family vehicle   cheesy

@Damola1,
I thought it was Inspired that was supposed to be clarifying?  undecided

Of all cars I have used, I've only sold two and hope never to sell again, but "dash out" to loved ones (as God provides). Because of my pains when selling - I sort of "explain too much"; maybe too transparent! Expose too much to would-be buyer. All the while hoping never to have situation where buyer later complains. Having a conscience that cannot stand a buyer somplain about non-disclosures etc.

Maybe why my (our) expectations were so high.

Not much I can further clarify really, except quit at this stage and look forward. This is really not worth my time/emotions sha as at least the car (in question) is still in use and maintainable. It is only the sour taste wrt expectations. Life must continue.

To show my old man good faith the weekend of his last issues with the car, Es and I were compelled to as firstborns, to call him in conf early one morning and promise them a brand new car as more appropriate stress relief, when my mum hits her own milestone (in the very near future if Christ tarries).

In all we thank God that we are alive and well. No shaking by God's grace (of course Christ remains the source of all things we are, have or hope to be).
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 3:38pm On May 12, 2008
Ei, I beg no vex, I get some question for you:
1. You and Es na twins?? In which case who comes first?? tongue
2. Which cheap drug you dey use (silence is consent??) wey dey help you like this, I need am too grin
3. When is the MDX coming?? wink

EI:

Not much I can further clarify really, except quit at this stage and look forward. This is really not worth my time/emotions sha as at least the car (in question) is still in use and maintainable. It is only the sour taste wrt expectations. Life must continue.

That mean this is your experience or to quote your signature, your mistake grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by PAPABOMBOY: 5:11pm On May 12, 2008
Nairaland's gang of thieves-even INSPIRED TOO?
Na wah---dem say green snake no dey hide for grass for too long. E go surely shed im skin one day.

Kola the International dupe, nah wetin inspire you to provide bad deal to nairaland customers?
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 5:19pm On May 12, 2008
papabomboy,
Abeg no vex, could you kindly be more coherent. You appear lost!!

What are you talking about, dont tell me you are also on the same cheap drugs as Ei?? shocked
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by jenju(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2008
EI:

I've missed a bit of action as yesterday was too busy for me - family/"soccer"tainment (my two teams ManU and Real are having quite some fun). A busy schedule all morning, till now. , EDITED,

So Jenju, na coins (or lack of am) dey make me dey do that "used" Acura MDX, as family vehicle   cheesy

EI:

No shaking my brother, I can deliver a brand new car to you as well. Just let me know when you are ready and

WE SHALL DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN  smiley
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 6:34pm On May 12, 2008
@papaboy,

be explicit, who r d thieves, and dupes, and if u have been duped open up, stop speaking in tongues tongue
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by PAPABOMBOY: 7:02pm On May 12, 2008
See them------ flies!!!
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by sultaan(m): 1:18am On May 13, 2008
Nobody has been duped in this instance, someone just made a bad purchase.
EI should have asked for the title to know its status(clear/salvage).If the car was salvaged and he was not informed, then Inspired is wrong because the dealer knows the status of the vehicle he bought to resell.Everything is going against Inspired here because he is the one who has to defend his integrity.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by Sisikill: 2:50am On May 13, 2008
Defend his integrity? How completely unfair.

How long has he sold cars on nairaland and how many cars has he sold? If I were to hazard a guess, I’ll say it’s more than 10 and some even more expensive than the car in question.  Yet this is the first time he’s got a complaint from a buyer and instead of trying to resolve it like adults, some have decided to vilify him. Is anyone perfect? No matter how much you know about something, can you know it all? Well maybe Mr. Fotodaddy he seems to be the patron saints of cars

Inspired_men would have to be the most idiotic car seller in the face of the universe to want to deliberately cheat anyone. . .especially on the world wide web. This is not a one time sell for him, he is in this for the long run, so why would he want to ruin that over a measly 10 -20k he made on this deal?

EI
Please, know that I am not in no way dismissing what you feel, obviously you won’t be here writing chapter and verse if you didn’t have a legitimate complaint but I feel it could have be handled differently and from what I’ve read, he is open to finding a resolution to this issue and I hope you take him up on it. . .outside this forum, away from people who take pleasure in egging things on.

Fotodaddy
I know you see yourself as the voice of maturity on this thread. . .but can I just say that you have acted in the most immature manner I’ve ever witnessed from a supposedly grown man.  How else do you explain this. . .

Quote from: fotodaddy on May 11, 2008, 09:39 PM
OK inspired_m, you win!!!

EI is not a serious guy. He is probably on some cheap drugs and doesn't know what he is talking about. Unlike you who knows it all, has so many degrees and is an employer of labour to boot. EI get a life!!! Inspired_m, go on budddy!!!

You are the best dealer on nairaland and i give you the award.

He brings up some very legitimate questions and instead of looking at it as such, you decide to be dismissive and condesencing. Very disappointing, I must say.

In trying to put holes in someone else‘s integrity, you‘ve inadvertently shredded yours to pieces.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by babeisme: 4:27am On May 13, 2008
thanks siskill! You've said it all.
Can someone pls shut this thread down before it starts to ignite?
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by yahoo2(m): 6:50am On May 13, 2008
For any right thinking mind that can read in between the lines

Inspired_m has made valid points which has exonerated him

He has apologized for inconveniences though he was not aware of the later developments

He was Open to Compensation to the Buyer

EI has impliedly admitted that

EI:

at least the car (in question) is still in use and maintainable.

I personally see all these as some sinister move against Inspired

I would give him my trust because my friend that bought a car through him has made other referrals to Him ( Including Me )

Move On Inspired,

GOD PASS THEM.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by damola1: 9:21am On May 13, 2008
The fact of the matter is that, this is a CONSPIRACY!!!, yes, CONSPIRACY.

Listen, a word of advise to any buyer out there, inspired is still baba of them all, first of them, king of them, you wanna know why?

Because, he knows what it takes to deliver, and it not only takes time, but daily experience to KNOW what it takes!, not just phone talk or someone creating threads to say you are good.

I know where all of them "picturepapa" are taking all these to, is it not obvious, read btw the lines!

I have never dealt with inspired, but he's got what it takes to deliver whatever you need, for some one to have virtually, delivered 30 cars with very little or no complain, if he's on eBay, he would have a flawless 100% feedback rating!!, so if you need a tight ride, I can assure you 90% that, inspired will deliver what you paid for, and if by any miraculous slim chance, there's a problem, be sure to know that, he'll fix it.

Against all odds, in a society like Nigeria. I will say:

Thumbs up, and stand up for the champions like inspired!
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by ziontrain: 11:24am On May 13, 2008
Nairalanders,

I think inspired_m has come clean to admit his errors. He should should take this matter offline with EI and settle (which I believe he is willing to do). Next thing is that he should from now on give full disclosure of his cars UPFRONT i.e. VIN and/or CARFAX report. This will help restore his credibility. We cannot pretend that there were no credibility issues being challenged as far as this case is concerned and in the process of proving himself, inspired_m made some mistakes e.g. posting a questionable CARFAX report for the Jeep Liberty which says it's a 4x4. It's been proven that the vehicle he advertized as 4x4 is not. Things like that don't help.

I am of the opinion that inspired_m is not a bad person but just got into one bad deal. Personally, I will give him the benefit of doubt and do business with him as long as he makes full disclosure UPFRONT. I think a lot of people have learnt from this issue and I think Nairaland will be better for it. I am also of the opinion that we should now let this issue rest while hoping that inspired_m and EI will find an amicable settlement privately.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by Verycool: 11:53am On May 13, 2008
Credibility is not the issue here, one of many deals went wrong, and not even totally wrong, he has agreed to look into it, this things unfortunately do happen sometimes, as far am i'm concerned, inspired_m credibility is not affected by this at all smiley, as for the Vin issue, he can choose to either display it publicly or privately to interested buyers through emails after all Seun did not make it a must on auto section. Inspired_m, i'll recommend you any time wink
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by t0kunb0(m): 1:31pm On May 14, 2008
@ all

Dealers @ times try so hard to please customers that things don't work out as planned. I'm very sure inspired wanted the best for EI, just as he wanted the best for his dad. Maybe what he expected to get from the car in terms of (. . . .best known to EI) isnt what he got/expected. You can only guess what's on someone's mind, you cant always be exact & i guess dat's y EI's was upset (phone call or no phone call). . . lipsrsealed

I'm sure Inspired meant no harm (he wuldnt deliberately remove parts of the car) cos he's more concerned about his reputation than a meagre 20k (. . .u sure say na 20k sef tongue). Let us also remember that inspired is also a buyer re-selling to EI and not "TOYOTA" or the last car owner.

Proper "home-work" should be done whether u r a buyer or a seller to avoid situations like this. In as mush as it aint nice throwing blames (we don pass all that) we shld respect the fact that people were affected. Both parties lost & are both affected and both parties should appreciate & consider that. embarassed. . .y'll shld kiss & make up

I'd rather make 10k 10 times than 20k once

bumpity cool

(1) (2) (3) (4)

... / Car Vacuum Cleaner / Brand New Toyota Camry "Spider" SE 19/20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.