Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. (7964 Views)

2005 Jeep Liberty LIMITED ( Pre Ordered By DUNKA From Inspired Autos June 2013 ) / SOLD!!!!*SOLD!!!!**ANOTHER EXOTIC Ride***toks- 2007 Jeep Liberty Limited ( 2m ) / 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited . . *Done $ Delivered**Pre-ordered By A Friend Of NL** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by yahoo2(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2008
I Think "Inspired" is a Genuine Dealer, My friend has bought a car from " Inspired ", he bought the 2007 Honda Accord, and he has not reported of any Bad Business.
I plan on buying a car from him Soon.

Inspired_m,

We appreciate your explanation and apology on EI's Vehicle

EI,

If indeed you did not contact Inspired after the Purchase, to explain the defects that surfaced, then you have a fault as well.

There are 2 sides to every Story.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 9:44pm On May 09, 2008
jenju:

richie007,

Your ride may very well be at the port as your dealer told you. You see, freight forwarders that do the bookings play games. They are alloted predetermined amount of cargo space per ship, thus your dealer's forwarder may have room for 50 cars on a ship - but instead of booking 50 cars, they will book 60 or even more. The innocent customer will deliver the car to port only to discover that the car will not depart on the promised date. I've actually heard of cases where cars remain in the port for up to 2 - 3 months before departing!

Only good relationships with the freight forwarders and others will ensure that your vehicle leaves early. Fotodaddy's and nkc's rides were booked on the same ship, delivered to port on the same day, but nkc's will leave next week, 7 - 10 days after it should have left! The freight forwarder overbooked cars, by 3 vehicles, hence nkc's ride became the first on the forwarder's allotment on the next ship!

Your dealer must stay on the case of his forwarder or your ride might remain at the port a little while longer.

Tell your dealer to send you the stamped Dock Receipt - this will confirm to you that the car was actually delivered to port. Ask him to tell you which freight forwarder and shipping company he used and to which port the car was delivered.

Good luck to you.

agba go mu firstii, o di ro ofele, ofele adiro ya, ifu wa nu mu, igbo nka, o igbo izube mo, kwanu igbo olumba

I came First grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by viperman: 9:58pm On May 09, 2008
inspired_m:

EI,

I'm Surprised You did not mention anything about the First 5 Cars which I got for you/Es As an Alternative with No Issues, Viperman being a witness in One

of them, ( Viperman, The Guy for the Black 04 Accord )

ohh!! , so this EI guy is that guy that worked near UPS at gbagada that wanted to buy the black 04 accord.
haba! I thought you said he didn't like my accord? grin

@EI

You could have just bought my Accord(End of discussion), your father would have blessed you with a whole bottle of schnapps grin grin grin
Sorry about the car though, reminds me of my second ever car sale to some guy in ibadan. Till today deep down in my heart i'm still looking for how to repay him for the stress i put him through. Sorry about your experience though.

@Nairalanders

You see i always tell buyers that patience is key when going into certain things in life for example : buying a car, building a house, looking for a house, marriage grin
But most buyers are always in a hurry to pay and carry their cars without allowing the dealer to package the car in a state that they wont have issues with the car at least for the next 1yr after purchase, but NO! most will rush and carry a tokunbo car and hit the road with it without servicing.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by viperman: 10:00pm On May 09, 2008
NKC, i think we should ban you from this section, you make me laugh too much grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by inspiredm(m): 10:27pm On May 09, 2008
viperman:

ohh!! , so this EI guy is that guy that worked near UPS at gbagada that wanted to buy the black 04 accord.
haba! I thought you said he didn't like my accord?

No Viperman,

We went to meet his Brother at Alausa with the Black fairly used Honda Accord, You remember the scene ?

You Almost Spit out your Venom.

Thanks for Admitting that some deals do go Bad.

I was not informed about any defect not until some few hours Ago when i read EI's post,

There are Return/Refund Policies in most Organisation, We could hve fixed the Car If I was Aware Or better Revert, BUT I WAS NOT AWARE, I THOUGHT ALL WAS WELL.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by jenju(m): 11:04pm On May 09, 2008
nkc:

agba go mu firstii, o di ro ofele, ofele adiro ya, ifu wa nu mu, igbo nka, o igbo izube mo, kwanu igbo olumba

I came First grin grin grin

nkc: Ike ka e ji-añu ogwu. You are a very strong man. LOL smiley
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by riche007(m): 11:48pm On May 09, 2008
jenju:

richie007,

Your ride may very well be at the port as your dealer told you. You see, freight forwarders that do the bookings play games. They are alloted predetermined amount of cargo space per ship, thus your dealer's forwarder may have room for 50 cars on a ship - but instead of booking 50 cars, they will book 60 or even more. The innocent customer will deliver the car to port only to discover that the car will not depart on the promised date. I've actually heard of cases where cars remain in the port for up to 2 - 3 months before departing!

Only good relationships with the freight forwarders and others will ensure that your vehicle leaves early. Fotodaddy's and nkc's rides were booked on the same ship, delivered to port on the same day, but nkc's will leave next week, 7 - 10 days after it should have left! The freight forwarder overbooked cars, by 3 vehicles, hence nkc's ride became the first on the forwarder's allotment on the next ship!

Your dealer must stay on the case of his forwarder or your ride might remain at the port a little while longer.

Tell your dealer to send you the stamped Dock Receipt - this will confirm to you that the car was actually delivered to port. Ask him to tell you which freight forwarder and shipping company he used and to which port the car was delivered.

Good luck to you.
Jenju:
I understand that. . .but come on, this dude hardly even calls to inform me whatsup with the shipment and when I call the forwarder or shipper to confirm/debunk any info he gives me, he flips. . .talk about customer service ontop ride wey i don pay 100% for. He claims to be into the bizness and does it for a living with years of experience. . .apparently not! He promised to deliver 6-8wks after the money is paid. . .8wks gone, story story. . .I've tried to give him the benefit of doubt despite all these cock and bull stories; called him today and he flipped again and hung the phone on me telling me to do my worst grin Can u imagine?
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by jenju(m): 12:19am On May 10, 2008
riche007:

Jenju:
I understand that. . .but come on, this dude hardly even calls to inform me whatsup with the shipment and when I call the forwarder or shipper to confirm/debunk any info he gives me, he flips. . .talk about customer service ontop ride wey i don pay 100% for. He claims to be into the bizness and does it for a living with years of experience. . .apparently not! He promised to deliver 6-8wks after the money is paid. . .8wks gone, story story. . .I've tried to give him the benefit of doubt despite all these cock and bull stories; called him today and he flipped again and hung the phone on me telling me to do my worst grin Can u imagine?

Richie,

I didn't realise that you were put through this kind of headache. I give you my word that you and every customer I deal with, will be treated with utmost respect and provided the very best service. There is no substitute for great service in this business.

It was nice talking to you on the phone and I look forward to a great business relationship.

Cheers.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by EI(m): 12:20am On May 10, 2008
inspired_m:

« #58 on: Today at 07:21:33 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EI,

I'm Surprised You did not mention anything about the First 5 Cars which I got for you/Es As an Alternative with No Issues, Viperman being a witness in One

of them, ( Viperman, The Guy for the Black 04 Accord )

The Customer is always Right, and this is not meant to Vindicate myself as an Auto Dealer,

[list]
[li]This is the first time im reading/seeing all these issues you raised on the 04 Corolla, Except the Rear Headrest which I was aware Of, and I personally explained to you that I could not get matching colors to match the Seats.

You never Called me after the Purchase to tell me some things were wrong with the Car, Not until Now. I Personally think thats very Unfair.

We do after Sales Services, for defects that occur few weeks after Sales, I was not Aware that the Car gave you Issues.

All Deals Cannot be 100% Smooth, Most do, and very few occurences like this Cannot be Completely Eliminated

I'm Truly Very Sorry for the experience,  

This is the First time a Nairalander Would Complain of an After Sales defect Having sold over 30 cars on here.

I take Up the Blames for the One Deals' Gone Bad here,

As regards the Honda Pilot turned Acura MDX, I wanted to contact Jenju, and when Jenju called me on the Phone, I Promised him we'll be doing a Honda Pilot very soon.

Its all Good,

Once Again,

I'm Truly Sorry.    

No Viperman,

We went to meet his Brother at Alausa with the Black fairly used Honda Accord, You remember the scene ?

You Almost Spit out your Venom.

I was not informed about any defect not until some few hours Ago when i read EI's post,

There are Return/Refund Policies in most Organisation, We could hve fixed the Car If I was Aware Or better Revert, BUT I WAS NOT AWARE, I THOUGHT ALL WAS WELL.

@Inspired,
As I earlier indicated, even with my disappointment and anger, I didn't intend on getting personal with you wrt that fateful sale/buy in the Forum. It was the circumstance that provided the outlet.

Nontheless, I want you to get it straight that maybe a lot of your 30ish customers as claimed, may also have had sisimilarssues and not gotten around to share their experiences. I personally may have procrastinated for much longer and finally decide to just let it go - 1.6m is a lot of money but is what it is, a tool for our pleasure. Not worth getting hypertension over.  undecided

I won't play God here, so sincerely appreciate the fact that you have shown some element of remorse through your replies. BUT please kindly retrace your steps (Celtel can provide you records of calls/SMS to your phone) and try to remember that Es called you on the day after the fateful trip. He informed you of the mishap! This is definitely not the first time you are reading or knowing about this! That excuse just gets to me (once again) as I see the attempt to play to the gallery (and possibly garner some sympathy-support).

If not, if indeed you thought the deal was perfect:
- why didn't you call us after the weekend the car left Lagos?
- why didn't you follow up with calls concerning my Honda Pilot project we spent so much time/email over (that was to come after consummation of our first transaction; remember?)
- why didn't you try reaching Es wrt his intention to purchase his wife's car through you at end April/May?
- ditto for his old V-boot he intended to fling through you?
- then the possible sourcing of car for my junior sister (who was then contemplating one)

Ol' boy, I still have some of the emails O!
Also my MDA phone still retains many of the SMS sent/deleted wrt these discussions.
My personal view is that you knew the state of product you sold (would be so ironic if you didn't; then you be on top of your profession).
I guess Forumites will appreciate you coming out clean to the world with unreserved apology(ies) wrt not just my dad's Corolla, but subject 4WD 2003 Liberty under contention.

"You never Called me after the Purchase to tell me some things were wrong with the Car, Not until Now. I Personally think thats very Unfair."
Abeg recall this sentence. Maybe I no personally call you (legal technicality?) but my bros call you ,  and you know, abi?

"I'm Surprised You did not mention anything about the First 5 Cars which I got for you/Es As an Alternative with No Issues, Viperman being a witness in One"
I acknowledge that you sourced for inspection 3 cars wrt my dad's birthday and 2/3 wrt my our wedding gift for my kid brother.
We had issues with cost/state of cars for my kid brother the days following payment for Corolla, so never got anything firmed up. Also Es & I were still holding our breathe over the delivery of the Corolla's headrests, so sort of lost interest continuing further with you (FYI my wife's 5yr old VW Polo Classic, which my kid brother always asked to buy off me; untampered odometer reading of 38,000[b]km[/b]!, was presented to him at his wedding - lucky guy).
For my dad, yes we (Es physically) browsed through your 2003 Camry (supposedly used by an expat), 2001 CRV (we preferred shape of 2003/4 models), then Alex's 2004 Accord.

Yeah I know Viperman of course! I didn't wish to bring him into the messy situation, why I referred to his real name in describing the basis of Es not being good with cars (read early part of my last note, ala Alex). I called you guys from the bank during your second road test (when I thought the deal was almost sealed), on standby to effect telegraphic transfer. Sure remember that fast talking young guy with 99% raps.  wink

Maybe we could have had done better taking his 2004 Accord. Then maybe we would have had no issues continuing with you through the other transactions (Jenju for no enter my picture in that case). Just maybe,
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by EI(m): 12:35am On May 10, 2008

« #54 on: Yesterday at 06:52:57 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well i just came in and saw this, woow

EI, i feel yur pain, The good Lord will compensate you accordingly and give you double blessing for your trouble.( i am not ziontrain oh )

EI, your mdx, will calm u down, just watch DVD

EI, yes zion & jenju, have xteristics of People with integrity, so i give it up to u, but if u want names, i am an IT engineer, i know whos behind every IP number u included , so worry not, they r two people oh, just like dey said Zion is Muscular Jenju is Bald

Hope this put a smile on yur face

@nkc,
Me too dey IT world - Telecoms Infrastructure. My electrical degree na for theory, no practical experience for electrical power/controls. Telecoms na wetin I narrow on these past almost two decades post NYSC - Telecoms is a broad spectrum through tongue
Dis IP address thing, dummies can be sold. Person fit provide two different IP address from same desk just by connecting through two different ISPs, so no guarantees except you know de thing well, well.

Yes O! That put a smile on my face, thanks kiss
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by inspiredm(m): 1:06am On May 10, 2008
One Lesson Learnt.

Never Deal with 2 Different Pple On the Same Side, at Different Locations For the Same Car, theres a high Possibility of Conflict of Ideas.

Explain to me,

After You Saw the Car, Did You Ever Call me, SMS me, Email me, or inform me through any means that the Car had Issues ?

Theres no playin to the gallery here ( Let the real facts be faced )

besides the Rear Headrests which i frantically made efforts to replace but could not find matching colors, ( It Was Prolly Stolen @ the Port )
And Also the risen temperature which was resolved after your brother filled the Radiator with Water ( Before He left Lagos ), WHAT OTHER DEFECT WAS I AWARE OF ?

I Wish all these Could be Reverted.

I had 3 Toyota Corollas in my Lot the fateful day, 2005 Corolla ( which was bought by another Nairalander ) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-121662.0.html

And I Showcased, all to you, Meanwhile you were Actually Interested in another Car, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=123079.msg2112601#msg2112601

On Arrival of your Brother, He checked the Toyota Corolla ONLY, and demanded for all the necessary things to be Intact ( Including Changing the Tyre Rims to Alloy Wheels) Which was Done, every Necessary detail was taken Care Of.

Realistically, If I buy a car in Proxy and it turned out to fall short of my expectation, I think I owe it to my Conscience to let the Seller be aware of the Short Comings and possible Solutions.

Mr EI, the Last I heard from you was as regards the Head rest, before your Brother Left Lagos.

The Last i heard from your brother was when he got to Benin ( the destination ) just to explain to him i couldnt get the Head rest. [b]I CALLED HIM

After then Nothing.[/b]

A 2004 Toyota Corolla with 24,000 miles for 1.6m wouldn't have elicited a profit more than 50 - 100k Even if it had no Engine and 4 wheels.

If the defects on the Car were so much aggravated as painted here, Why didn't you make me formally Aware ?

And as for the Honda Pilot and me not following you up, I Personally Don't Pressurize Clients, Probably You had changed your mind or you had a better Price Option.

Pressuring Clients with Phone Calls might be misconstrued for having Ill intentions.

Whatever Profit that would be mine won't Pass me, I can't/ wouldn't have Scrambled You for the " Supposed Subsequent Purchases"

As regards my Sales via Nairaland who hasn't posted any negative feedback here, Maybe you are the Wisest of them all.

Once Again, I'm Sorry for the Deal's gone Bad Which Probably might have been averted if I had been adequately informed on the after Sales Situation

Godliness with Contentment is Great Gain.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by riche007(m): 1:17am On May 10, 2008
@Jenju:
No wahala. Have a nice wkend.

@EI:
Please cud u email me at riche007 AT gmail? I got a question for you. Thanks.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 6:54am On May 10, 2008
jenju:

nkc: Ike ka e ji-añu ogwu. You are a very strong man. LOL smiley

chei shocked shocked, ebe nwoke obodo oyibo, bu kwanu, onye yoruba, supuru, igbo, imara na, okwadoro akwado, ibu ego, na mba obuna,obanyere grin grin grin (igbo teachers i try wink )

@richie,

i am sorry 4 yur pain, but pls kindly tell us d name of d dude, ( i have a lead ) but i need to be concrete from u. Jenju will give u unequalled, unparrelled US attention,mind u too, our naija brodas too can do that grin grin grin, by d time Jenju is tru with u,yur phone will be happy(customer satisfaction) wink wink wink

@EI,

question for yu bro, pls attend. DID U CALL OR DID ES CALL INSPIRED AND SAY THAT YUR CAR HAS PROBLEMS,APART FROM THE HEADREST AND RADIATOR,WHICH HE ADMITTED TO KNOWING,DURING D TIMES D PROBLEM STARTED APPEARING?

yes u are right, ip number thru gateway and all, proxy,firewall,even hide ip, dont worry i have a program that can trace u down to yur laptop grin grin grin

EI:

No Viperman,

You Almost Spit out your [b]Venom.[/b]

@Inspired,
As I earlier indicated, even with my disappointment and anger, I didn't intend on getting personal with you wrt that fateful sale/buy in the Forum. It was the circumstance that provided the outlet.

Nontheless, I want you to get it straight that maybe a lot of your 30ish customers as claimed, may also have had sisimilarssues and not gotten around to share their experiences. I personally may have procrastinated for much longer and finally decide to just let it go - 1.6m is a lot of money but is what it is, a tool for our pleasure. Not worth getting hypertension over. undecided

I won't play God here, so sincerely appreciate the fact that you have shown some element of remorse through your replies. BUT please kindly retrace your steps (Celtel can provide you records of calls/SMS to your phone) and try to remember that Es called you on the day after the fateful trip. He informed you of the mishap! This is definitely not the first time you are reading or knowing about this! That excuse just gets to me (once again) as I see the attempt to play to the gallery (and possibly garner some sympathy-support).

If not, if indeed you thought the deal was perfect:
- why didn't you call us after the weekend the car left Lagos?
- why didn't you follow up with calls concerning my Honda Pilot project we spent so much time/email over (that was to come after consummation of our first transaction; remember?)
- why didn't you try reaching Es wrt his intention to purchase his wife's car through you at end April/May?
- ditto for his old V-boot he intended to fling through you?
- then the possible sourcing of car for my junior sister (who was then contemplating one)

Ol' boy, I still have some of the emails O!
Also my MDA phone still retains many of the SMS sent/deleted wrt these discussions.
My personal view is that you knew the state of product you sold (would be so ironic if you didn't; then you be on top of your profession).
I guess Forumites will appreciate you coming out clean to the world with unreserved apology(ies) wrt not just my dad's Corolla, but subject 4WD 2003 Liberty under contention.

"You never Called me after the Purchase to tell me some things were wrong with the Car, Not until Now. I Personally think thats very Unfair."
Abeg recall this sentence. Maybe I no personally call you (legal technicality?) but my bros call you , and you know, abi?

"I'm Surprised You did not mention anything about the First 5 Cars which I got for you/Es As an Alternative with No Issues, Viperman being a witness in One"
I acknowledge that you sourced for inspection 3 cars wrt my dad's birthday and 2/3 wrt my our wedding gift for my kid brother.
We had issues with cost/state of cars for my kid brother the days following payment for Corolla, so never got anything firmed up. Also Es & I were still holding our breathe over the delivery of the Corolla's headrests, so sort of lost interest continuing further with you (FYI my wife's 5yr old VW Polo Classic, which my kid brother always asked to buy off me; untampered odometer reading of 38,000[b]km[/b]!, was presented to him at his wedding - lucky guy).
For my dad, yes we (Es physically) browsed through your 2003 Camry (supposedly used by an expat), 2001 CRV (we preferred shape of 2003/4 models), then Alex's 2004 Accord.

Yeah I know Viperman of course! I didn't wish to bring him into the messy situation, why I referred to his real name in describing the basis of Es not being good with cars (read early part of my last note, ala Alex). I called you guys from the bank during your second road test (when I thought the deal was almost sealed), on standby to effect telegraphic transfer. Sure remember that fast talking young guy with 99% raps. wink

Maybe we could have had done better taking his 2004 Accord. Then maybe we would have had no issues continuing with you through the other transactions (Jenju for no enter my picture in that case). Just maybe,

imagine our very own viperman( son of d soil) is now a rapper, shocked, i was imagining what his lyrics would sound like, and as i was just wondering, coolio remix; "" as i was walking through d valley of d shadow of death, i take a look at my right ,and realize theres my Honda pilot, and i've blasting and laughing so long that even my Hummer thinks, "" e be like say i don dey kolo small small, runs off to rehab grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by EI(m): 6:17pm On May 10, 2008
nkc:

@EI,

question for yu bro, please attend. DID You CALL OR DID ES CALL INSPIRED AND SAY THAT YUR CAR HAS PROBLEMS,APART FROM THE HEADREST AND RADIATOR,WHICH HE ADMITTED TO KNOWING,DURING D TIMES D PROBLEM STARTED APPEARING?

yes u are right, ip number through gateway and all, proxy,firewall,even hide ip, don't worry i have a program that can trace u down to yur laptop grin grin grin

imagine our very own viperman( son of d soil) is now a rapper, shocked, i was imagining what his lyrics would sound like, and as i was just wondering, coolio remix;

@nkc,

Ol' boy leave Viperman alone. I never meet the guy but the impression I get from Es na say de guy dey on top of his job; de issue of the raps na joke sha. I didn't perceive any untoward accent when we discussed, so please put de guy for ground,   cheesy

As par your question, e be like say we go leave that matter sha.
Of course Es called him, in my presence! About 8AM on Sunday 13/4/2008.
We had just finished reassessing "the damage" and Es called him to express further displeasure; at that time enumerating the obvious physical defects (paint work, issues in engine compartment/windscreen area etc.).
During that conversation,  Inspired promised to call Es back,
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 6:50pm On May 10, 2008
CASE CLOSED[size=10pt][/size]
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by EI(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2008
inspired_m:

One Lesson Learnt.

Never Deal with 2 Different Pple On the Same Side, at Different Locations For the Same Car, theres a high Possibility of Conflict of Ideas.

Explain to me,

After You Saw the Car, Did You Ever Call me, SMS me, Email me, or inform me through any means that the Car had Issues ?

I Wish all these Could be Reverted.

On Arrival of your Brother, He checked the Toyota Corolla ONLY, and demanded for all the necessary things to be Intact ( Including Changing the Tyre Rims to Alloy Wheels) Which was Done, every Necessary detail was taken Care Of.

Realistically, If I buy a car in Proxy and it turned out to fall short of my expectation, I think I owe it to my Conscience to let the Seller be aware of the Short Comings and possible Solutions.

Mr EI, the Last I heard from you was as regards the Head rest, before your Brother Left Lagos.

The Last i heard from your brother was when he got to Benin ( the destination ) just to explain to him i couldnt get the Head rest. [b]I CALLED HIM

After then Nothing.[/b]

If the defects on the Car were so much aggravated as painted here, Why didn't you make me formally Aware ?

@ Inspired,
This will bore reader (already must be boring) if carried too far, so lets aim as closure.

"One Lesson Learnt. Never Deal with 2 Different Pple On the Same Side, at Different Locations For the Same Car,"
Pls don't create any room for wrong assumptions to readers.
Almost all our scores of discussions in the 5wks+ of our romance, were conference calls generated by me either from office landline or mobile in the evenings. Many times you sent SMS for me to call, and I would call when free (if during work period), also getting Es in conference if he was free (as was the case most times). There was never any gap in communications, as Es and I even outside this transaction, normally communicate almost daily on personal and biz issues - I just called him 20mins ago on stocks trend!

"If the defects on the Car were so much aggravated as painted here, Why didn't you make me formally Aware ?"
Are you sincere with yourself here?
What would be my expectation calling you further, after you were already informed? A refund of my 1.6m and car refund to you, or what?
You mentioned the change the rims without stating it was not for free. Was it? Even the headrests you failed to deliver, did you seriously attempt at sourcing it, or for free; you kept asking us for 50% of estimated value.
All we heard was your lean 20k profit out of the sale, so what would I expect calling you after Es had restated the obvious on Sun 13th? To waste my credit any further, or cry on your shoulders?  cry  

Point of order.
Es called you last on issues with Corolla. That call was made about 8AM on Sunday 13/4/08; I was with him and remember that occasion vividly.
I'll ask and plead that you carefully have a think-through before replying to this.
Kindly state when (date and approx time) you called Es after AM on Sunday 13/4/08.
I hope to rest my case with "last testament", after your reply.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 10:08pm On May 10, 2008
inspired_m, there are a lot of people on this forum who just type cos they have internet access. But there are also a lot of people who are responsible men, in society and in family life. You must understand that the way a 20+ or 30+ guy handles issues is not the way a 40+, 50+ etc handles the same issue.

I know that the older you get, the wiser you become. The bible says that foolishness is bound in the heart of a child. undecided

For me, its so easy to say, "i didnt know" I am sorry", but in my books there is always a bottom line. And anyway you look at it, EI lost money on this deal cos he thought he was getting into a clean deal. For sure, if he had any indication that this car was accidented, he would not be say all he has said here.

My guy, I told you already, if you are so sorry, then do whats called restitution. Make a refund to EI!!! tongue
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by sultaan(m): 3:39pm On May 11, 2008
E.I, I can see from the number of posts you have here that you are new to the site.

Your decision to buy a car without checking the VIN, or even having a good mechanic look at it before you buy confirms that you know absolutely nothing about the used car market.You paid over $10,000 on a car without opening the engine compartment! goes down as the worst thing a buyer can do on this site

You should know that when our dealers buy cars from auctions they tow it to port then ship to naija(not even driven). The seller sold you a used car as is-no warranty (get familiar with that phrase.)

Consider the money spent as tuition for know how to buy a used car. The question now is; do you think you can do it right next time?

Next is how do you maintain your new car?
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by inspiredm(m): 4:36pm On May 11, 2008
EI:

d Es called him to express further displeasure; at that time enumerating the obvious physical defects (paint work, issues in engine compartment/windscreen area etc.).

Car was bought and Driven away by ES on the 4th of April

ES called to Enumerate Obvious Physical Defects on 13th April

It took 9 days for Obvious Physical Defects to be noticed, How Obvious & Physical Indeed. embarassed embarassed

Lets all see how Obvious the defects were ( If any at all )

Attached, is the Controversial "Severely Damaged" "Roughly Painted" "Broken Windscreen" 2004 Toyota Corolla

Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by ziontrain: 4:39pm On May 11, 2008
Sultaan,

We need to be cautious about the information we disseminate on this forum as we have a lot of people relying on us for accurate information. To say that dealers buy vehicles at auction and then tow them to the port is not COMPLETELY accurate. Not all of us dealers do that. Nairalanders need to be aware that there are primarily 2 main types of DEALERS' auction at least in the US. - The auction for Titled Cars governed by industry rules and the auction for salvage and accidented vehicles (cars from here are probably the ones you were refering to). Basically, it is not difficult to identify the source of vehicles advertised on Nairaland. When price in Nigeria market is almost the same price as the market in the US. (you can find out US. price via the internet), you know you are looking at salvaged or accidented vehicle. This is because, buyer will have to transport vehicle to US. seaport, ship to nigeria and pay custom duty and include some profit. How then can the vehicle be so cheap? Nigerians are generally carried away by low price forgetting that they will pay 10 times more than what they were trying to save in the first place.

On the other hand, cars need not be unnecessarily expensive if they are good quality like we have seen on some vehicles posted on this forum with ridiculous and high price tag. The key is to find that balance. Get a good quality car where seller is not greedy. Spending some time on nairaland and following the postings for about a week or two will give you some insight as to what to look for when trying to buy a vehicle. Just like you said, getting the VIN number and matching it with CARFAX number UPFRONT for cars imported from the US. will be a good place to start.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by inspiredm(m): 4:48pm On May 11, 2008
And the Engine.

I mean the

" the whole engine compartment messed up! (signs of mechanical/bodily reworks) "

"missing components in engine compartment (water tank for wiper; most likely burst during accident, plastic cover over space between grill and radiator, wires holding various parts, missing studs etc.)"

Messed Up Indeed

Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by inspiredm(m): 7:13pm On May 11, 2008
EI,

Its interests me how you shove aside conspicuous avenues ( known to You & I ) lowering the tenacity of your Statements

You spoke about Conference calls for 5 weeks, but Never mentioned how I waited in the bank ( FBN ) for 5 hours, as per the Camry, Ignoring other clients, and Still didn't pull through, Your Apologies were accepted.

Can I Quantify My Loss, during your transaction that lasted for almost 2 months ?

You initiated Calls for almost 6 weeks before the Purchase of your Car, but YOU never made a Single attempt to Communicate with me after your Assessment on the Car, limiting the One Off brief explanation to Es, who you earlier claimed knows not much about Cars, How Ironic.

Alloy Rims or No Alloy Rims, Only the Toyota Corolla S Models comes with Factory Alloy rims, I explained this to you, & also the cost of replacing the rims with Alloy rims would be 30k, you left me with an option of either to share the cost of the Rims with you Or No Business. ( I Reluctantly dropped 50% of the cost N15,000 )

I wouldn't expect the kind of Car you described in your posts here to be able to make 10 miles at a GO, and I still wonder how the Car drove from Lagos to Benin, ( Maybe the Car grew Wings )

I'm not dismissing the fact that the Car might have given you 1 or 2 minor issues after sales, but the fact still remains that You did not make me formally aware.

Asking about what i would have on if I was aware, the financial cost of the issue at hand would have been estimated, and borne by me, if it was a genuine issue from my side.

A client that had the Jack and Wheel Spanner Missing, in a car I sold to him ( 99 Camry ) was duly compensated for the cost because I was made Aware.

@ fotodaddy

I understand that EI is your very good friend, so the Solidarity is Understandable, but have you asked him basic questions ?

* Did EI (buyer ) contact Inspired (Seller) after assessing the vehicle ? even though he assumed nothing would have come out

* EI has claimed to have spent a five figure amount (10,000 - 99,999 ) after the sales to fix the Car, Can he be more sincerely specific on the amount Spent?
that will go a long way in assessing the issues. ( At least i know the Engine alone is about 150,000 naira ) VVT- i.

* Did EI explore any minimal means at his disposal in making me aware of the situation before running here to demand Apology ?

Finally, talking about responsibility on here, it may interest you that I'm in my very early 30's and I have B.sc, MBA & ACA attached to my name. I'm an employer of Labor, I'm not some run over the mill Guy.

Thanks. tongue

Ps,

If EI wants a reimbursement on expenses incurred on the Car after Sales, No problem, We can talk about that, but My Grouse is that he chose Here as his first point of solace to Vent his claims.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 8:47pm On May 11, 2008
inspired_m
FYI, EI is "not my good friend" as you and so many others might think. I met him here and as they say, great mind think alike. So it should not surprise you that it appears like we've known for years. The same can be said about jenju (who I met just 2 or 3 months ago but have complete and utter trust in)

Inspired_m, sultan etc, there is something you all are missing. After all the VIN, CARFAX etcc, where is the trust!!! And this is what EI is all about. The sense of betrayal etc.

So EI goofed because he trusted inspired_m to be delivering exactly what was promised embarassed I don't know!!! Does that mean that a man's word means nothing Inspired_m, you also admitted that there are possibilities of things not being exactly as they should be!! so why all this now?? so you came an posted pictures here so we can see how clean the car is?? But the pictures conveniently do not show close ups of the issues EI raised. As for me, even without a physical inspection i can tell the car is funny since the fog lamps are missing and you have holes in the bumper instead of them.

You all are missing the point!!! undecided

All this started with inspired_m's credibility being questioned. I mean, we have see you doctor carfax reports. I mean, even on this thread, questions were asked that you never answered with regards to this liberty jeep.

We can go on like this forever, but we all sell things, goods, or services or ourselves. And as we try to make the sale, we also know when we are b***s**ting our prospects. This is what make us good sales persons. In whatever field. Even when it comes to toasting a babe. So inspired_m, don't mind if it appears like I am taking it personal and EI is my brother, I can smell a smooth talking b***s***er a mile away. At least when it comes to cars. The same obviously cants be said for EI, or else he would have seen this deal exactly for what it was.

EI
Brother, you are on another level!! Its a very bad feeling when you realize you've been screwed over because you trusted someone. But what to do, we live and learn.

Bottom line to all prospective buyers:
WHEN ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS BECAUSE IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

TO BREAK IT DOWN EVEN FURTHER:

GREAT DEALS ARE VERY RARE, YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. shocked
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by inspiredm(m): 9:26pm On May 11, 2008
@ fotodaddy,

You are still not seeing the Point, maybe a Plain mind woul explain bette

The fact that cannot be eliminated is that Some Deals Go Wrong and this is unfortunate to have happened.

Trust & Betrayal doesn't suit the context of this issues at all. ( Did I intentionally remote the car to start giving issues ? ) Issues that are still controversial

Does that Engine You see, look Messed Up ?
Does the Windscreen look cracked ?

Lets be Fair Abeg, Fog lights were stolen at the Port, and were replaced before the Car was bought, the same happened to the rear head rest.

Cars are Mechanical Products, and No Manufacturer gives 100% Reliability, thats why Manufacturers have RECALLS for defects http://www.recalls.gov/nhtsa.html "secret" warranties and WARRANTIES on Brand New Cars.

No brand of CAR has ever been so Perfect Not to be recalled

A form of Recall would have been made for EI, IF he made me aware of the developments,

All these Imbroglio would have been averted if I was made to be Aware of the Situation. ( are you seeing that or you are just stylishly avoiding it ?)

Did you ask your friend any of the questions above ?
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 9:39pm On May 11, 2008
OK inspired_m, you win!!! sad

EI is not a serious guy. He is probably on some cheap drugs and doesn't know what he is talking about. Unlike you who knows it all, has so many degrees and is an employer of labour to boot. EI get a life!!! Inspired_m, go on budddy!!!

You are the best dealer on nairaland and i give you the award. tongue
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by ziontrain: 10:09pm On May 11, 2008
Inspired_m, if I were you, I will just apologize to EI, give him some kind of compensation and start posting new advertisement to sell cars but this time around with VIN number and/or CARFAX report to boot. This will restore your integrity, your business will continue to wax stronger and everybody will live happily ever after!
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by sultaan(m): 3:26am On May 12, 2008
Zonetrain, I know towing is not always the standard, but if you buy a couple of cars at the auction. I don't expect you to drive it all off the lot, so you get them all towed to the shipper.That is what I was trying to say, a dealer with a license might not have a shop to recondition every purchase(car) sold as is.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by jenju(m): 10:23am On May 12, 2008
sultaan:

Zonetrain, I know towing is not always the standard, but if you buy a couple of cars at the auction. I don't expect you to drive it all off the lot, so you get them all towed to the shipper.That is what I was trying to say, a dealer with a license might not have a shop to recondition every purchase(car) sold as is.

saltaan and Ziontrain:

Both of you have valid points. I, as a dealer in the USA go to the biggest car auction in the USA and my thoughts here are from experience. No sane dealer will export a car without ascertaining the condition of the car apriori. I know of cars that were driven through auctions and sold, but which ended up having transmission issues and could not move in reverse! It simply makes good business sense to do a condition check or some sort of inspection before hand.

The only time cars are exported in the manner sultaan described is when the car is a salvaged car and is being exported with the intention of making repairs (cheaply) at the destination country. Secondly, even when a car is shipped as described, I think we all can agree that, the seller should at the very least, certify the condition of what is being sold, otherwise, the seller may not be in business for long, for obvious reasons.

Having said that, we must note that once in a while, 1 deal out of 30  or 40 can go bad. When that happens, we must be careful not to castigate either the buyer or the seller, without considering the fact that both parties may have contributed to the bad deal. 

I urge the buyer and the seller in this case, to talk to each other off line and work out a resolution of the issue at hand.

As the yoruba people say:
a o kin fi iso kinkini ba idi je - we no go take small mess spoil yansh (as per say yansh get innumerable value).

Onye hapu onu ya, uguru arachaa ya - (nkc will interprete this one for us and tell us how it applies here) grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by nkc(m): 10:38am On May 12, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin

YES OH, JENJU IS SHOWING ME SOME NEW THINGS, CHEI ONYE YORUBA SUBA IGBO, IMARA NA,

AS TO D TRANSLATION ON JENJU'S POST; Onye hapu onu ya, uguru arachaa ya - IF You LEAVE YOUR MOUTH WIDE OPEN, HARMATTAN WILL DRY IT UP cheesy OR IF You LEAVE YUR MOUTH OPEN, HARMATTAN WILL LICK IT tongue hope my igbo brodas agree grinMIND U THERE ARE DEEPER MEANINGS TO IT, BUT THAT IS FOR ANODA DAY

now how does it apply here, hmmm, i think jenju said it all, 1 in every 50 can have a problem, no one is a God,but we are all gods. So always dialogue FIRST with yur buyer when he or she does not CONCUR, launch an attack, but please when d buyer starts playing with yur intelligence still launch d attack.

JENJU HOPE I EXPLAINED WELL. grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by jenju(m): 10:48am On May 12, 2008
smiley
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by damola1: 11:45am On May 12, 2008
OK inspired_m, you win!!!

EI is not a serious guy. He is probably on some cheap drugs and doesn't know what he is talking about. Unlike you who knows it all, has so many degrees and is an employer of labour to boot. EI get a life!!! Inspired_m, go on budddy!!!

You are the best dealer on nairaland and i give you the award.

In all of my years as a trader, I have learnt the customer is NOT always right. Shoving aside issues don't resolve issues either.

@ Fotodaddy.

inspired has made very valid points, and I think it'll be largely unfair for these issues to simply be swept under the rug, simply because EI is the client. Parties concerned , i.e. Buyer and Seller have shown interest in resolving matters, and I think that will go a long way in resolving the situation.

Now, the problem is, If EI claims are not thoroughly reviewed, and simply have inspired bow to the client, pay and all that, it puts inspired in a position where he'll be expected to bow to every crying client!. So please, let the issues raised by inspired be clarified.

Inspired_m, if I were you, I will just apologize to EI, give him some kind of compensation and start posting new advertisement to sell cars but this time around with VIN number and/or CARFAX report to boot. This will restore your integrity, your business will continue to wax stronger and everybody will live happily ever after!

I think inspired already apologised for any inconviniences caused.
Re: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. by fotodaddy: 1:09pm On May 12, 2008
whatever tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4)

====2007 Toyota Highlander V6 4wd, 47K miles===== / 2005 Bmw 7-series For Sale: Full Options.....3.5M / Brand New Toyota Camry "Spider" SE 19/20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.