Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo (15358 Views)

Police Evacuates Civil-War Bomb In Enugu (photo) / Police Recovers Undetonated IED From Yobe Scene Of Damaturu Bomb Attack (pic) / Another Undetonated Bomb Found At Sultan Bello Gate In Kaduna? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by donwilz(m): 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
Vetsurgeon: . Yea thats true, the next talk wud be that its boko haram and be4 u knw it, hausa ppl wud blindly be atacked
Talking from experience eh? The way ur boko brothers attack, kill and maim southerners in ur haram ridden region abi? To whom brain is given, sense is expected.
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by frankobaba(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
Here is d pix.
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by dulphines: 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
Picture is believing!
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by Youngzedd(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
Igbos weapon of war liveth.
Talented human specie.
Love being one.
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by speeder(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
ACM10: When I was a kid growing in my village, Ogidi. AK47 bullets was a common sight when you are walking along the road. Many times we found rusting heavy guns in the bush. Those sights are not common nowadays.
liar, which yr was AK47 invented?
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by Youngzedd(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
speeder:

You got it wrong dear, such words are not meant to be used here.

Why not "Daddy you can lie oooooo" grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by donwilz(m): 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
speeder:
Common sense, pesin no go get. Na only to de find wahala, instead , u don fool urself. Ak47 rifles had been in use as far back as early 1940's. Don't you feel dumb now.. eh?

1 Like

Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
[size=18pt]It was not clear whether the bomb was laid by the Nigerian troops or their Biafran counterparts, but a source said the area was the base of Biafran troops when Owerri sector fell to Federal troops during the war.[/size]

If it was a Biafran bomb, it would have been denoted.....
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by Olaone1: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
Watching grin
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by tseeker(m): 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
it's common in the Biafran region. I'v seen lots of such things.
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by hardbody: 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
teeo: Now thats serious, cant imagine what would have happened if the bomb had detonated. I guess the villagers would have been shouting and mob attacked any hausa man with the vicinity.

Even if your conjecture were to be true, the Hausas brought it upon themselves. If you mention bombing today, who do you associate it with? As they make their beds, so shall they lie on it
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
50calibre:

Yeah that's true, but unfortunately there is nothing modern about Nigeria, Nigeria's arsenal is filled with old and antiquated hardware. Nigeria's weaponry would be more effective in 1960s Vietnam war than today.
Why not speak of what you know, have you seen our armory lately
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by 50calibre(m): 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Obiagelli:
Why not speak of what you know, have you seen our armory lately

I haven't seen US's armoury, but I know they have the F22-raptor. How do I know that?
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by slikcipher(m): 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
50calibre:

Yeah that's true, but unfortunately there is nothing modern about Nigeria, Nigeria's arsenal is filled with old and antiquated hardware. Nigeria's weaponry would be more effective in 1960s Vietnam war than today.

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by bootyprince(m): 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
Who wrote dis article seff? its meant to be defuse not detonate, detonate means to explode angry
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by Lachynos2k2(m): 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
I ve experienced such in our village compound,but this one was an old grenade which We never knew what it was over so many years dat We used it to do so many things like cracking palm kernel.till two years ago when We went home for new yam festival..We used it to support d pot when We were boiling yam and goat meat.then this thing explodes and miraculously,no one was near d fire.. come see d goat meat turned into paste,d yam became white paste..n We were picking d bits n pieces of d metallic pot...na so We take do d yam festival.

1 Like

Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
50calibre:

I haven't seen US's armoury, but I know they have the F22-raptor. How do I know that?
We can't compete with the US, but to say we've got wwii weapons is ignorance. No insults intended

F-7, L15s and m-35 are not ww2 crafts
And not to forget the 24units Flying Leopard II recently purchased
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by ATMCARD2(m): 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
lekanolas:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/family-uncovers-undetonated-civil-war-bomb/
.All d abokis in Imo State dey lucky say d bomb no detonate,all of them 4 don turn 2 suya n ashes by nw.
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by Abagworo(m): 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nothing new there. There are thousands of such bombs across Igboland. Sometimes while digging for building foundations we do get grenades, guns and bullets. They are mostly rust.
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by lawizle(m): 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abagworo: Nothing new there. There are thousands of such bombs across Igboland. Sometimes while digging for building foundations we do get grenades, guns and bullets. They are mostly rust.

How exciting!!
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by Hardfact: 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
. . .things that seem to remind Nigeria's ugly past. . . Never a good war. . .
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by ACM10: 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
speeder:
Youngzedd:

You got it wrong dear, such words are not meant to be used here.

Why not "Daddy you can lie oooooo" grin grin grin grin

Omo, why una dey show una intellectual laziness for dis open forum? Shey una never hear about google.com?

Soviet Mikhail Kalashnikov was conscripted into the Red Army in 1938 and served as a tank driver when he was injured during the Battle of Bryansk in 1941. During his time at the hospital, he began work on a firearm design specifically to fulfill the requirements to a gun competition being held for the new 7.62x41mm cartridge. Despite losing the competition, Kalashnikov - now part of a team - sought to fulfill a new Soviet Red Army need for an assault weapon chambered to fire the new 7.62x39mm M1943 cartridge. While the war ended in 1945, developments of new automatic weapons continued. The Kalashnikov design (the prototype known as the "AK-46"wink was successfully tested in 1946 and a revised, more reliable form appeared in 1947 for additional testing. The Red Army liked the robust qualities of the new weapon and formally accepted the type as the "AK-47" in 1949 (AK = "Avtomat Kalashnikova"wink
AK-47

donwilz: Common sense, pesin no go get. Na only to de find wahala, instead , u don fool urself. Ak47 rifles had been in use as far back as early 1940's. Don't you feel dumb now.. eh?
Brother, preach on. Many people that passed through schools with quota system are showcasing their ignorance here. :- This is one reason why we should abolish quota system.[

1 Like

Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by 50calibre(m): 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
Obiagelli:
We can't compete with the US, but to say we've got wwii weapons is ignorance. No insults intended

F-7, L15s and m-35 are not ww2 crafts
And not to forget the 24units Flying Leopard II recently purchased

None taken!

i didn't say we had WW2 weapons, did I? I said out weapons would be more effective in the 1960s.

If you can give me that production dates, of the aforementioned hardware, that would be nice.
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by Abagworo(m): 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/cache-of-civil-war-arms-found-in-imo/

OWERRI – A large cache of assorted arms buried by Biafran soldiers during the 30-month Nigeria/Biafra war, which ended in 1970, has been found at Saint Patrick’s Secondary School, Ogbe, Ahiara, Ahiazu Mbaise local council area of Imo State.

The shocking discovery included rifles, ammunition of various calibers, conventional live mortar bombs and the famous locally made Ogbunigwe and Ojukwu Buckets.

Already,  out-going Imo State governor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim, has described the discovery as “not only shocking but also clear evidence that some areas of the state remain unsafe for human habitation”.

Ohakim, who was reacting during an interview in Owerri, said he was optimistic that the Federal Ministry of Defence will do everything possible to make the war-ravaged states safe for human habitation and activities.

Vanguard gathered that a native of Ahiara, Mr. Cajethan Ndulaka, who raised the alarm, recalled that he was still a student of Saint Patrick’s Secondary School when the landmines, bombs, rifles, ammunition and other explosive remnants of the war were buried.

It was equally gathered that as at the time of going to press, no fewer than 68 types of mortar bombs had been recovered from the dumps located in the school.

“There are other arms dump sites in and around the school compound. These dangerous ordinances were buried in the college compound to prevent accidental explosion that would have killed the students,” Ndulaka recalled.

Noting that the villagers did not know that the unexploded ordinances were potential threat to the lives of the students, even as they were buried in the school compound, Ndulaka also recalled that the school served as a barrack for Biafran soldiers.

“The school served as a barrack for Biafran Army engineers, who made and stockpiled arms and ammunition in the school during the war.”
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by abagoro(m): 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
Modes unhide my last post with regards to this link as it contains vital informations.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/war-without-end-3/
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by iasuccess(m): 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
CONGRATULATION to the family,its a great miracle,they ought to go for family testimony on sunday
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by ikweremilitant: 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
teeo: Now thats serious, cant imagine what would have happened if the bomb had detonated. I guess the villagers would have been shouting and mob attacked any hausa man with the vicinity.
o boy come nd see hausas scampering for safety when d bomb was exploaded.well dis no news 6ys ago wen my father boight a ploy of land at imo state when d land was being dug we say to our amazement 100s of un expended shells of life ammo with its ammo belt.we have to alert the police for prompt evacuation.u no imo state was a hot sector during the war especaly owerri,ohuba nd mgberichi
Re: Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo by ikweremilitant: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
nnenna.1:
The ripples of the Biafran war continue till this day - in every figurative and literal sense.

Who said life was fair?

I also think that the SE states are long overdue for inspections and checks for hidden bombs. Things like this are dangerous.
actualy subsequent govt has been doing dat.even the last was done during yarduas govt in which some bombs were removed frm prof achebes country home.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Fails To Release NASS Budget Details / Nigerians Too Ignorant Of President Buhari's Achievements - Garba Shehu / Danjuma Goje To Declare For Senate President After Budget Passage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.