Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada (2045 Views)

Ladies ; Would You leave Your Husband In A Place Like This (photo) / Female Bank Manager Caught Red Handed By Husband In Bed With Driver / How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by youngalex(m): 12:00am On Jun 12, 2013
Its rather unfortunate that marriage built on purely economic reasons fail to stand the test of time.
Nigerian Lady abandons husband who recently lost his job here in Nigeria...the lady who delivered of a baby few months back advised the man to look for another woman as she doesn't plan coming back nor inviting him.....Marriage of today is indeed for better
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 12, 2013
youngalex: Its rather unfortunate that marriage built on purely economic reasons fail to stand the test of time.
Nigerian Lady abandons husband who recently lost his job here in Nigeria...the lady who delivered of a baby few months back advised the man to look for another woman as she doesn't plan coming back nor inviting him.....Marriage of today is indeed for better

It could be that the lady is running away from an abusive marriage

2 Likes

Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by 2legit2qwt: 1:38am On Jun 12, 2013
TheCongo:

It could be that the lady is running away from an abusive marriage
That's exactly what came to my mind otherwise, what could have pushed the woman to make such decision without even considering the new born baby. Your story doesn't add up undecided
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by youngalex(m): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
@ 2legit....well its just a sad story,they did their introduction n trad. she was heavily pregnant,she travelled to give birth and decided to stay back for a while,the man lost the job in March and she started delaying her coming back for reasons best known to her,she has relations in Canada.....Maybe she is being advised to abandon the marriage since they haven't done the church wedding...its so sad but true
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
youngalex: @ 2legit....well its just a sad story,they did their introduction n trad. she was heavily pregnant,she travelled to give birth and decided to stay back for a while,the man lost the job in March and she started delaying her coming back for reasons best known to her,she has relations in Canada.....Maybe she is being advised to abandon the marriage since they haven't done the church wedding...its so sad but true

We don't have the full picture of the situation. Therefore, everything we will say here are only assumptions ... maybe, maybe, maybe ...

You yourself have started by saying the following:
Maybe she is being advised to abandon the marriage since they haven't done the church wedding.

And I will continue with this:
Maybe you are making a wrong assumption about her stay in Canada.
Maybe she wants her man to move to Canada but the man doesn't want to.
Maybe she think it is better for her man to be jobless in Canada than in Nigeria.
Maybe she is worried that she won't be able support the newborn in Nigeria. In Canada she will get the child benefit from the Government given that the baby is a Canadian Citizen.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by Stegomiah: 3:07pm On Jun 12, 2013
no picture to back ur story up, no source too. op wia is dis comin 4rm?
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
2legit2qwt:
That's exactly what came to my mind otherwise, what could have pushed the woman to make such decision without even considering the new born baby. Your story doesn't add up undecided

Gbam!
Let the man tell his story
Let the woman tell hers
Then we can judge
most women will not leave a loving spouse and choose to be a single mom just because he is jobless
There is more to this
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by feminineA: 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
If the man is sure he treated her well during the short period of their relationship, he should let her go. His son will locate him later.
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by 2legit2qwt: 1:26am On Jun 13, 2013
youngalex: @ 2legit....well its just a sad story,they did their introduction n trad. she was heavily pregnant,she travelled to give birth and decided to stay back for a while,the man lost the job in March and she started delaying her coming back for reasons best known to her,she has relations in Canada.....Maybe she is being advised to abandon the marriage since they haven't done the church wedding...its so sad but true

Well like i said, the story lacks the details we need to make a suggestion or have any opinion on it. All we can do, including yourself is assume scenarios. One thing is certain though, the child is gonna look for his/her dad at some point.
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:48am On Jun 13, 2013
@thecongo, mind u that if the woman or her hubby ain't Canadian citizen, the baby will not get any benefits. She should also be aware that Canadian immigration is hard nd harsh now that even though she had her baby there, she can still be sent home if she doesn't have her papers.
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:43am On Jun 13, 2013
Hotstepper: @thecongo, mind u that if the woman or her hubby ain't Canadian citizen, the baby will not get any benefits. She should also be aware that Canadian immigration is hard nd harsh now that even though she had her baby there, she can still be sent home if she doesn't have her papers.

Merci beaucoup pour cette information.
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by Daresh(f): 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
Please don't be quick to judge. I was seriously considering leaving my husband in Nigeria when I went abroad to have my baby and only me knew why. No one else knew what he was doing to me so ppl like you would have bn quick to judge. Please if you don't know what is going on please mind ya damn business.
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
Daresh: Please don't be quick to judge. I was seriously considering leaving my husband in Nigeria when I went abroad to have my baby and only me knew why. No one else knew what he was doing to me so ppl like you would have bn quick to judge. Please if you don't know what is going on please mind ya damn business.

Gbam!....word....pple don't judge, cause no one knows wat truly goes on between a man and his wife, except both of them and God...no woman will abscond , leave her new born baby and husband , without a tough reason behind it...but na wa o sad
Re: Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Daresh: Please don't be quick to judge. I was seriously considering leaving my husband in Nigeria when I went abroad to have my baby and only me knew why. No one else knew what he was doing to me so ppl like you would have bn quick to judge. Please if you don't know what is going on please mind ya damn business.

I hope the issues have been resolved

(1) (Reply)

Do Christians Still Marry Muslims Without Anyone Changing Their Religion? / Why Do You Want/have A Child? / Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.