Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,457 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola (15150 Views)

Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / PDP Lambasts Aregbesola Over Owed WAEC Fees / Buhari Must Name Aso-rock After MKO Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2013

The Peoples Democratic Party has warned Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola, not to name Ido-Osun Airport after the winner of June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief M.K.O Abiola.

A statement by the Chairman, Osun PDP, Alhaji Gani Olaoluwa, on Tuesday, said it was wrong to name the airport after Abiola because the airport had not been completed.

Olaoluwa added that it was wrong of the state government to name a Federal Government project after Abiola.

“No state government can name any edifice or project belonging to the Federal Government. When President Goodluck Jonathan named University of Lagos after MKO it was the Action Congress of Nigeria that were criticising the action or have they forgotten so soon?” he said.

Describing MKO Abiola as a symbol of democracy, Olaoluwa said the naming of the airport after the late business mogul was political.

Osun State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Chief Sunday Akere, however dismissed the claims by the opposition party, describing the claims as “false and infantile.”

“The MKO Abiola Airport is solely financed by Osun State government. The Osun PDP is an unfocused and rudderless party without compunction and integrity. The PDP is intimidated by the enormity of projects being executed by the Rauf Aregbesola administration,” Akere said.

State Commissioner for Special Duties and Regional Integration, Mr. Basiru Ajibola, said, “The claim is the height of hallucination.

“Let the PDP show Federal Government’s letter of award for the contract. Aeronautic Engineering and Technical Service, which is an arm of the Nigerian Air Force, is involved in the project being handled solely by Osun State.”

“Governance is not about jesting, selfishness and corruption. The PDP is a party of jesters. These are people who sleep and wake up every day from the wrong side of the bed. Otherwise, how can the party wake up and lay claim to a project being financed 100 per cent by the state government?”

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-warns-aregbesola-against-naming-airport-after-abiola/
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by oluwatomiwa(m): 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
ok
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by ujoinme: 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
Has the airport been completed? Whats the use of fighting over the name of a non existent airport. Another stupid ACN laptop dogs publicity stunt.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by EkoIle1: 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
These worthless attache pdp losers don't even know the difference between state and federal projects....

smh....

7 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by passion007: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
I thought journalism was about unravelling the truth, but our newspaper companies seem to be better adept at stringing beads of gossip together. The obvious underlying issue in contention is whether the said Airport is a Federal or State establishment, and the newspiece couldn't even establish that. The journalist's greatest achievement was to present divergent views of people who supposedly ought to be in the know, and then leave the reader to riddle whether the airport belongs to the Federal or State government.

Until our politicians decide who owns this simple airport, I'm on strike!

14 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by Ikengawo: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
^because we as nigerians are too focused on people and don't have the ability to consider or think about ideas.

the idea in debate is as you said, state v. federal property. By debating this idea we can solve it so that whenever it arises against there is an ideological precedent in Osun that the courts can follow. Instead it's not seen as an ideological or fact driven debate, just village woman gist about Raff v. GEJ. This mentality is why our constitution doesn't work. We're obsessed with people and don't know how to think of concepts, and ideas.

In the US the parties have ideological lies they tow, you join the party with the ideas that make sense to you. In Nigeria it's just a gang of friends with no ideology v. another gang o friends with no ideology. The debates aren't about ideas, they're about people, tribes and hatred.

12 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by Omen100(m): 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
ujoinme: Has the airport been completed? Whats the use of fighting over the name of a non existent airport. Another stupid ACN laptop dogs publicity stunt.

Please try make u use ur god given head na, abi u nor get sense? try 2 talk make u add sense inside ok, 4 instance delta state govt can decide 2 name that their Asaba airport after James Ibori, Lawrence Anini or Monday Osunbo & it is not of ur business, ok?

11 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by Garrithe1st: 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
PDP is full of M0R0NS!!!

What's the big deal if it's named after MKO??

2 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by baby124: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
LOL comedy. See the way they yabbed each other. grin

Osun State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Chief Sunday Akere, however dismissed the claims by the opposition party, describing the claims as “false and infantile.”

“The MKO Abiola Airport is solely financed by Osun State government. The Osun PDP is an unfocused and rudderless party without compunction and integrity. The PDP is intimidated by the enormity of projects being executed by the Rauf Aregbesola administration,” Akere said.

State Commissioner for Special Duties and Regional Integration, Mr. Basiru Ajibola, said, “The claim is the height of hallucination.

“Let the PDP show Federal Government’s letter of award for the contract. Aeronautic Engineering and Technical Service, which is an arm of the Nigerian Air Force, is involved in the project being handled solely by Osun State.”

“Governance is not about jesting, selfishness and corruption. The PDP is a party of jesters. These are people who sleep and wake up every day from the wrong side of the bed. Otherwise, how can the party wake up and lay claim to a project being financed 100 per cent by the state government?”
shocked shocked shocked
Even Abati couldnt have composed this. grin

11 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by ujoinme: 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
Stop putting the cart before the horse. build the airport first then you can name it anything you like.Its as simple as that. stop fantasizing about a none existent airport.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by DerideGull(m): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
It is good to know that the federal government of Nigeria is building the airport in Osun State. It must recall that the people of Imo State in particular and Ndigbo in general built the airport in Imo State. What a contrast.

It will not take long before few loudmouthed jackasses inform us how the government Osun State built state as in case Lagos being built by the government western region of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by EkoIle1: 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
ujoinme: stop fantasizing about a none existent airport.

The fact that you are ignorant and clueless doesn't mean the airport doesn't exist...

5 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by Ikengawo: 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
There is no Osun Airport. I've been doing a through online search and I'm yet to find one. It looks like there's sketches of one so it's probably in planning or in the works but there currently isn't an existing airport.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by chino11(m): 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
Misplaced priority. What does a rural state as oshun need airport for? Just reminds me of the ghost field in Akure called airport.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by ujoinme: 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ido osun airport only exist in your fantasy eko ole. hate to burst your bubble mate but wake up, it was just a dream!
But its not too late, start with the construction like i said then give it whatever name you want. And dont get it twisted, I am in support of every state + city and town in nigeria to have airports and let free market forces determine which one will thrive, so i will be amongst the first to celebrate Ido osun airport or whatever name it might be called.
But i just prefer to live in the real world celebrating real things ,unlike you who live in a fantasy world.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by vanbonattel: 12:03am On Jun 14, 2013
Welcome to Coward international airport Oshogbo.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by EkoAtlantic: 5:21am On Jun 14, 2013
So many ibos are obsessed with Osun or is it Ogbeni they're obsessed with?! grin grin
See how omo ibos are wrestling over a proposed project.
Lwtmb...

A village guy from Anambra sef dey yab Osun. Lol...
His poor state is begging the Federal government over a 1.6km Niger bridge while osun gov. is taking over the incompetent federal government's projects in the state. Damn shameless and clueless dolts.

@topic, was anyone expecting anything different from the killer party?!

The Osun PDP is an unfocused and rudderless party without compunction and integrity. The PDP is intimidated by the enormity of projects being executed by the Rauf Aregbesola administration.

Governance is not about jesting, selfishness and corruption. The PDP is a party of jesters. These are people who sleep and wake up every day from the wrong side of the bed. Otherwise, how can the party wake up and lay claim to a project being financed 100 per cent by the state government?
^^^
This got me rotfl...

11 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by kodewrita(m): 7:37am On Jun 14, 2013
I can confirm that the project exists.

I have no love for ACN but there is certainly an ongoing airport project.

Started by Oyinlola ( a PDP governor) and continued by the ACN government.
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by Gbawe: 7:59am On Jun 14, 2013
kodewrita: I can confirm that the project exists.

I have no love for ACN but there is certainly an ongoing airport project.

Started by Oyinlola ( a PDP governor) and continued by the ACN government.

Indeed. The "Great Western rail line" project sounds very interesting too.

http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-names-airport-after-mko/

Osun names airport after MKO

MAY 3, 2013 BY TUNDE ODESOLA, OSOGBO

An airport under construction in Ido-Osun, Osun State, has been named after the acclaimed winner of June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief MKO Abiola, by the Osun State Government.

Commissioner for Regional Integration and Special Duties, Mr. Ajibola Basiru, stated this on Thursday during a news conference held at the Governor’s Office, Abere, Osogbo.

Basiru said that the aircraft maintenance facility of the airport would be ready by next year, while international flights would also commence next year.

The airport, which was formerly an aerodrome, had been abandoned for several years by subsequent administrations in Osun before the Rauf Aregbesola administration decided to reconstruct it.

Basiru said the fencing of the airport had been completed just as all gates and security facilities of the airport had been completed.

Commenting on Osun Citizens Mediation Centre, a government agency engaged in conflict resolution, Basiru said the centre had received 84 complaints, adding that none of the complaints bordered on religious disagreement.

He said 30 of the complaints had been resolved amicably within the first month of the inauguration of the centre.

Ajibola said plans were ongoing by South-West governments to construct a railway that would pass through the various states in the region.

He said the proposed rail line is tagged, ‘Great Western Rail Line,’ adding that the “rail is the first phase of the project being planned under the current regional integration agenda in the region”.

He added, “The project if completed would further boost the growth and development of the region and will also create employment and commercial activities in the zone.

“Memorandum of Understanding would soon be signed on the arrangement of Public Private Partnership on it and we believe that the project would enable the people, especially the business men and women in the region to transact business without transport hitch.”

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by kodewrita(m): 8:12am On Jun 14, 2013
Gbawe:

Indeed. The "Great Western rail line" project sounds very interesting too.

http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-names-airport-after-mko/

I am more interested in the alternate highway to Lagos (not sure where it was supposed to kickoff but I believe it was meant to pass through Ijebu-igbo in ogun state or somewhere close), toll or no toll.
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by Gbawe: 8:31am On Jun 14, 2013
kodewrita:

I am more interested in the alternate highway to Lagos (not sure where it was supposed to kickoff but I believe it was meant to pass through Ijebu-igbo in ogun state or somewhere close), toll or no toll.

My guess is that it may be tolled as it is offered specifically as an alternate to the federal government owned Lagos-Ibadan expressway route. It does pass through Ijebo-Igbo as you stated.
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by Jesuspikin87(m): 8:33am On Jun 14, 2013
PDP this...ACN that....Abati this...Lia that.....GEJ this Buhari that!!
Abeg we go hear word!!!!!!!!!
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by EkoAtlantic: 9:03am On Jun 14, 2013
kodewrita:

it'll be passing through ijebu-ode not ijebu-igbo
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by AbuMikey(m): 9:22am On Jun 14, 2013
Nonsense Talk
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by moscobabs(m): 9:34am On Jun 14, 2013
MKO,MKO,MKO!!! all the way......Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Abeokuta Ogun state,Moshood Abiola University Lagos,Moshood Abiola way.Lagos.June 12 (south west),now Moshood Abiola Airport Osun state.im expecting moshood Abiola state ooooo!!!!!
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by fitzmayowa: 9:36am On Jun 14, 2013
Hmmm this again...the main thing should be getting the airport to work, whether it is named after Abacha, MKO or even Retardino, our politician are just jobless...SMH

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by yetunsbay(m): 9:38am On Jun 14, 2013
ujoinme: Has the airport been completed? Whats the use of fighting over the name of a non existent airport. Another stupid ACN laptop dogs publicity stunt.
is nt stated it has been named bt jst saying after completed
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by searay(m): 9:39am On Jun 14, 2013
baby_123: LOL comedy. See the way they yabbed each other. grin

shocked shocked shocked
Even Abati couldnt have composed this. grin
Liar Muhammed have not educated his people. Is charity no suppose to begin at home?
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by firstolalekan(m): 9:39am On Jun 14, 2013
[size=18pt]This Abiola... [/size]
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by EPOMA(m): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2013
Jesuspikin87: PDP this...ACN that....Abati this...Lia that.....GEJ this Buhari that!!
Abeg we go hear word!!!!!!!!!
I dey tired for for Nigeria, In nigeria they chase so much shadow. What is pdp to tell someone what to do or not to do.I thought i would hear something like state house of assembly but instead is is PDP.
Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 14, 2013
They should name it IBB Airpot,After all IBB has been feeding the Abiola family since 1998

4 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 14, 2013
i wonder if our leaders are ok at all? Dont they ever agree on a thing so that peace would reign? Cant they take a holiday from all of these rubbish? Am tired of reading similar stories day by day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Faults FG On Soldiers Indicted In Army, Shi'ites’ Clash / Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians / Lagos RRS Arrests Notorious Serial Phone Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.