Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Do You Set Your Clock Fast? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Set Your Clock Fast? (2323 Views)

Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. / Turning Back The Clock / How Would You Set Your Special Prayer Altar For A Cheating Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by phemi3: 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
This has always bugged me. Lots of people seem to set their clocks - house, car, etc..fast. some 5 - 20mins. One of my friends has hers set at home and in the car @ 15 minutes fast. My Cousin has his set @ 7 minutes fast. But since they KNOW that it's set fast. So what's the point? A little absurd to me.

I like mine right on the dot. I don't have to do the math in my head to know if I'm on time, late or early.

For those of you out there that do this, please please PLEASE tell me why you fasten ur clocks?

1 Like

Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
My own is exactly one hour.I met my hubby doin it and I joined.never regreted it a bit.it help keep me on check as regards anything I do. work,church,anything,I lv to be early than late
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by phemi3: 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hmnnnnnn! Very Intersting but that wudn't have changed anytin to me. When I got my first job; I had to set the alarm on my clock, just to wake early (5.20am) but now I wake up around the said time without the alarm. Setting ur clock fast is only a mind thing to me.
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by greatgod2012(f): 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
Yes, i do it, mine is 10 mins faster, purposely because of my kids. They dont know that i have fastforwarded the clock, so, if, for example, we are suppose to leave the house at 7am, at 6:58, my kids will still be telling me that"shebi there is still time", at 7:05, they will say, "shebi its just 5mins later", so, if eventuall we leave the house at exactly 7am, we are still on track, rather than when its not fastforwarded and its actually 10mins later, imagine!.
We are just trying to keep up with time.
May God help us all.
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
My wrist-watch is 15 minutes fast and to say the truth, it's absolutely unnecessary. I still do the maths in my head all the time. I don't even know why I do it but I do it anyways. It only makes sense when you're more than one in the house and the other people don't know about it...like 's example.
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by phemi3: 6:39am On Jun 14, 2013
greatgod2012: Yes, i do it, mine is 10 mins faster, purposely because of my kids. They dont know that i have fastforwarded the clock, so, if, for example, we are suppose to leave the house at 7am, at 6:58, my kids will still be telling me that"shebi there is still time", at 7:05, they will say, "shebi its just 5mins later", so, if eventuall we leave the house at exactly 7am, we are still on track, rather than when its not fastforwarded and its actually 10mins later, imagine!.
We are just trying to keep up with time.
May God help us all.
Amen oooo! It only works when 2 or more people is involved; just lyk ur own scenario. I guessed it justified why you ve to fasten the clock (ur kids). Like you rightly ved said 'may God help us all'.
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by reap40: 11:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
why should I?
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by Gudintent: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2013
I have no reason to

I'm so anti setting the clock forward that even if I set an alarm (which I barely ever do), I still wake up way before the alarm goes off.

I just think its the type of person u are.

For those who do, if it does help then y not.

I know of a neighbour whose clock is at least 10mins ahead but she still comes late to an appointment! How do u help such an individual !! cheesy
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by Yvete(f): 8:13am On Jun 16, 2013
My Time Management sucks. I set clocks 17 minutes ahead because I was always running late to every appointment. It works.
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by phemi3: 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
Gudintent: I have no reason to

I'm so anti setting the clock forward that even if I set an alarm (which I barely ever do), I still wake up way before the alarm goes off.

I just think its the type of person u are.

For those who do, if it does help then y not.

I know of a neighbour whose clock is at least 10mins ahead but she still comes late to an appointment! How do u help such an individual !! cheesy

Thanks jawe! Like I have rightly said, It's a mind thing; and does not make any difference.
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
It's definitely a mind thing but it works for me
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by Bawss1(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2013
Why would I ever want to set my clock inaccurately

Being the kind of person that I am, my clocks are synchronised with the International Atomic Time clock schedule. Precision is paramount and I can't stand delays.
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by phemi3: 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
True talk!
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by phemi3: 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
Yeah
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by reap40: 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
It's just annoying..

I don't set mine forward. It's a thing of the mind jare.
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by bebe2(f): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
Yes 10min ahead.
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by skentelelady(f): 11:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
yes 10mins ahead
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by hazardous(m): 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
Yeah... but only in my head. grin
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by phemi3: 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
lol!
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 07, 2014
Mine is set 25 minutes ahead. I love it! Gives me time never to panic for a mere ten minutes later on anything. It works
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by 1mindchrisr(f): 8:40am On Nov 07, 2014
i set mine to advance myself
i take lot of time to prepare myself
forwarding my watch is d only way
i never tell myself my wath is 45min forward
dt only dawn on me when i hv to reach mywork n too early bt it gives me peace of mind knowin i hv time to prepare
coz i hate rush i
hate deadlines
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by phemi3: 12:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
Lol
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by omotuntun: 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
Setting time fast actually helps me especially when u re in the country where they dont joke with time.
It happened when the day light time changes some weeks ago and all clock automatically went back to 1hr behind.
Damm thank God that my small nokia palasa that was set 1hr ahead was the one that woke me up. If not for that I would be 2hrs late as a whole.
Re: Do You Set Your Clock Fast? by pamcode(m): 9:10am On Nov 17, 2014
i did it because my mum takes forever to get prepared so i set the clock to about 20mins early bt it didnt help much infact it almost landed me in hotwater with my Dad

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Unmarried Ladies Let Themselves To Be Treated Like Lepers? / She Squated Her Female Best Friend On Her Matrimonial Bed When Hubby Was Away. / Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.