Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,041 members, 7,825,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region (2933 Views)

Southerners Let's Rally For Peace And Oneness / Fayose Threatens The Unity of Nigeria - Presidency Warns Nigerians / A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 10:14am On Jun 14, 2013
I just found out that Harcourt Whyte was Ijaw (from Abonema) shocked, though he lived in present day Abia State for a substantial part of his life. Also there's this song during the Biafran war sang by another Ijaw as a moral booster to the Biafran soldiers at the time (someone please remind me of his name).

This goes to show the unity, peace and integration that existed among the different ethnicities of the old Eastern Region......then we allowed outsiders come into the family to cause strife, and the rest as they say is history. Nigeria (along the lines of Aburi) or Biafra (if it had succeeded) could have been great countries, rubbing shoulders with the very best in all fields.

This mans songs remind me of my childhood and bring a tear to my eye when i think of opportunities missed and what could have been. cry cry cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9USByZrp1rE&feature=share&list=PL812DEE429F0E4014
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by Ajasnoop: 10:21am On Jun 14, 2013
First to reply. Ma lo moto pim pim
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 10:22am On Jun 14, 2013
Got It! It's the great Cardinal Rex Lawson. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3Odkz60NI
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2013
This is another soul stirring clip cry cry cry cry cry cry cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPZP-NYV0U
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by ROYALD(m): 10:50am On Jun 14, 2013
great
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:13am On Jun 14, 2013
Hehehehehehhehehe!!!!

Okay, it's like ds:

A hungry man will alwys wanna be frnd with the one who has grin ut at the slightest flame of dispute, they are quick to remind each other where their source is grin

Now, ijaw is igbo? grin

Dnt worry, we will give u a pint of oil for calling us brothers grin

1 Like

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 11:28am On Jun 14, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Hehehehehehhehehe!!!!

Okay, it's like ds:

A hungry man will alwys wanna be frnd with the one who has grin ut at the slightest flame of dispute, they are quick to remind each other where their source is grin

Now, ijaw is igbo? grin

Dnt worry, we will give u a pint of oil for calling us brothers grin

^^^I don't get your point undecided; are you saying that the centuries old togetherness of the old Eastern Region alluded to on this thread is because one or more of the ethnicities that make up the region are/were 'hungry'?

Are you saying that i started this thread b'cos there's a 'slightest flame of dispute' presently and i want to remind others of their source?

What's your ethnicity (or Ijaw sub-group if you're Ijaw) and do you have a problem with this thread?; if you do what is it?

Finally, where in my post did i state that 'Ijaw is Igbo'?

Looking forward to your reply; and please answer ALL my questions.

Cheers. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by Mieye007: 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I just found out that Harcourt Whyte was Ijaw (from Abonema) shocked, though he lived in present day Abia State for a substantial part of his life. Also there's this song during the Biafran war sang by another Ijaw as a moral booster to the Biafran soldiers at the time (someone please remind me of his name).

This goes to show the unity, peace and integration that existed among the different ethnicities of the old Eastern Region ..... then we allowed outsiders come into the family to cause strife, and the rest as they say is history. Nigeria (along the lines of Aburi) or Biafra (if it had succeeded) could have been great countries, rubbing shoulders with the very best in all fields.

This mans songs remind me of my childhood and bring a tear to my eye when i think of opportunities missed and what could have been.
May God deliver you from whatever is wrong with you!

2 Likes

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by Mieye007: 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:

This goes to show the unity, peace and integration that existed among the different ethnicities of the old Eastern Region ..... then we allowed outsiders come into the family to cause strife, and the rest as they say is history. Nigeria (along the lines of Aburi) or Biafra (if it had succeeded) could have been great countries, rubbing shoulders with the very best in all fields.

This mans songs remind me of my childhood and bring a tear to my eye when i think of opportunities missed and what could have been.
May God deliver you from whatever that is wrong with you!
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
Mieye007: May God deliver you from whatever that is wrong with you!

^^^Could you point out the exact part/s of the quoted post that you have a problem with? Having said that, we all need deliverance so thanks for the prayer anyway. smiley
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
Should have known; just checked your profile and discovered you're the infamous 'Ijaw citizen'......it all adds up now!

Only someone like you could despise such a lovely thread.
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by Mieye007: 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
Is only a deluded person like you that could call such a public display of stupidity a "lovely thread".

I have pointed out certain aspects of your write up which portrays YOU as an Igbo bigot and a historically challenged person, yet you're still asking me what?

Why is it that its only Igbos that are lamenting the "El Dorado" of the Eastern Region why others are rejoicing and celebrating their freedom from Igbo Tyranny? The people you trampled on are all progressing in their respective states yet yours are still in decay despite receiving free oil money from federal allocation since 1970. Why is that? Could it be because you're all a bunch of greedy people who couldn't even coordinate your own development without people to leech on? You should be thankful for Rochas Okorocha who is transforming Imo state.

I'm waiting for you and your bunch of clowns.

10 Likes

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
Haba! Dis man, na wah for you oh! grin You're fuming and hot under the collar because of a lovely thread like this?......you, an Ijaw man?

Listen asswipe!......you're not Ijaw gerrit? Your intense hatred for Ndigbo and anything that seems even remotely to unify the old Eastern Region blows your cover; and like a rotten corpse hidden with a handful of leaves and perfume to hide the horrid stench, one can smell your bigotry and hatred from mile off no matter how you try to disguise it!

How come of all the Ijaws and other ethnicities that make up the old Eastern Region on this website, you're the only one that has a problem with this thread? It must have almost given you a heart attack grin grin to hear the touching tribute Rex Lawson gave to Ojuwku and Biafra. Go hang yourself with a strong rope if it worries you that much mate.

You pointed out nada! I stated a fact that inspite of our differences we were close and had a unity or purpose in the old Eastern Region until outsiders like your pathetic self came between us, and and this makes you furious? Just goes to show how immature you really are.

I stated earlier that Harcourt Whyte lived part of his life in present day Abia state, and as an Abonema man was perfectly at home with his Igbo cousins and even gifted the world these beautiful Igbo Christian songs.....and you highlighted this as showing i'm a bigot? shocked You see what i mean when i say your hatred towards Ndigbo in 'unmaskable' and gives you away as one of those whose job it is to maintain divisions and acrimony among us?

You then latch on to the tired and worn out accusation of 'our oyel!....our oyel!....you Igbos want our oyel!'

Pray, which Igbo tyranny are you talking of? I do know as a majority in the old Eastern Region that Ndigbo could have done more to give the other ethnicities in the region a greater sense of belonging (and these would be issues that could have been addressed with time given our centuries old history together); but for crying out loud what actions of Ndigbo towards others in the region could be a basis for saying Ndigbo were tyrannical.....that the minorities of the region are free at last from bondage and are fully enjoying ALL their rights and resources in present day Nigeria. You want us to list side by side the 'sins' of Ndigbo towards the other ethnicities of the Niger Delta, so we can juxtapose it against the sins of Nigeria towards them?

What i initially posted is solid reality that you can see and hear (and maybe enjoy wink) not stories or heresay stuff, yet you still get mad at what is raw is historical fact!

Cheers. smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ijaw Citizen, this ones for you mate! wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3Odkz60NI

PS- help us translate it bros! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by Mieye007: 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Haba! Dis man, na wah for you oh! grin You're fuming and hot under the collar because of a lovely thread like this?......you, an Ijaw man?
Fumming hot? Are you sure you're not the one fummin hot? So you can imagine that I'd be fumming hot over a multi-challenged person magnifying his stupidity? I beg your pardon!

Listen asswipe!......you're not Ijaw gerrit? Your intense hatred for Ndigbo and anything that seems even remotely to unify the old Eastern Region blows your cover; and like a rotten corpse hidden with a handful of leaves and perfume to hide the horrid stench, one can smell your bigotry and hatred from mile off no matter how you try to disguise it!
You Igbos always enjoy fooling people with the rubbish you post on nairaland, Yet why is it that whenever someone challenge your stupidity, THE NEXT THING YOU ALWAYS DO is to run away and shout "intense hatred for ndigbo"! Hatred for Igbos! How can challenging a liar amount to hatred? Why is 'shouting hatred' always the next action Igbos take when presented with an intellectual challenge. Can't you engage on a simple debate without shouting hatred?

How come of all the Ijaws and other ethnicities that make up the old Eastern Region on this website, you're the only one that has a problem with this thread?
Well it seems they're all tired of your rubbish and as it happens, I'm the only one amongst them having enough spare time to kick your @ss.
It must have almost given you a heart attack grin grin to hear the touching tribute Rex Lawson gave to Ojuwku and Biafra. Go hang yourself with a strong rope if it worries you that much mate.
I'm sorry to disappoint you boy, I couldn't get the expected heart attack 'cos I've got a healthy heart unlike yours that's about to give up because someone is confronting your lies and Igbo propaganda.

Rex Lawson sang that song at gun point during the biafran invasion of Ijawland. At the time when the terror and attrocities of the Igbos was too much, people did everything they could to please the demonic biafrans.

Rex Lawson did a proper victory/tribute song to our Ijaw hero; Maj. Adaka Boro The GREAT after we drove you demons away from Ijawland. You should go and find out and listen to that song! Igbos couldn't even stand to give proper challenge, they all fled with the loots from our communities at the sight of Boro and his Ijaw Marines.

You pointed out nada! I stated a fact that inspite of our differences we were close and had a unity or purpose in the old Eastern Region until outsiders like your pathetic self came between us, and and this makes you furious? Just goes to show how immature you really are.

I stated earlier that Harcourt Whyte lived part of his life in present day Abia state, and as an Abonema man was perfectly at home with his Igbo cousins and even gifted the world these beautiful Igbo Christian songs .....and you highlighted this as showing i'm a bigot? shocked You see what i mean when i say your hatred towards Ndigbo in 'unmaskable' and gives you away as one of those whose job it is to maintain divisions and acrimony among us?
I said you're a bloody liar and I'm gonna expose you.

Harcourt Whyte was taken to leper colony ran by the catholic church in Igboland at a young age because he had leprosy. After a long stay in Igbo land he got acquianted with the language and sang in the choir.

What has the travails of this poor man and the song of Rex Lawson at biafran gun point got to do with an imaginary "unity in the Eastern region"? You're just a narrow minded bigot who'd never admit to the tyranny & atrrocities of the Igbos

You've claimed peoples land forcefully now you want to claim relationship forcefully? "Igbo cousins" indeed! When did an Ijaw man become your cousin? Why do you people always behave like leeches? Always attaching yourselves to Ijaws. We always drive you away yet you're still come back with same tactics like goats. SMH.....Igbo people make una change, stop attaching.

You then latch on to the tired and worn out accusation of 'our oyel!....our oyel!....you Igbos want our oyel!'
Did I really say that or its just your subconscious blabbering?

Pray, which Igbo tyranny are you talking of? I do know as a majority in the old Eastern Region that Ndigbo could have done more to give the other ethnicities in the region a greater sense of belonging (and these would be issues that could have been addressed with time given our centuries old history together); but for crying out loud what actions of Ndigbo towards others in the region could be a basis for saying Ndigbo were tyrannical.....that the minorities of the region are free at last from bondage and are fully enjoying ALL their rights and resources in present day Nigeria. You want us to list side by side the 'sins' of Ndigbo towards the other ethnicities of the Niger Delta, so we can juxtapose it against the sins of Nigeria towards them?
It would really be nice to do such comparism because it would be like an Igbo alone attrocities against an Igbo-Plus- All-Nigerians attrocities. Hope you can imagine? Igbos are part of the Nigeria perpetuating injustice in the Niger Delta.

Ijaws have not started asking you to account for and apologize for your crimes, yet you've started denying....my friend go and read the half-baked Oputa panel report Vol.3.

The centuries of relationship you're talking about was when Igboland depended on Ijawland for their survival. We never dominated you, invaded you or ruled over your lands but you all depend on the peanuts we gave you from the SALES OF YOUR FELLOW IGBOS AS SLAVES TO YOUR IJAW MASTERS AT THE COAST. That was the natural state of our relationship; igbos depending on Ijaws for economic survival.

What i initially posted is solid reality that you can see and hear (and maybe enjoy wink) not stories or heresay stuff, yet you still get mad at what is raw is historical fact!

Cheers. smiley
There is nothing solid in that but all lies and propaganda. And as an Ijaw man it offends me when children of war criminals mischieviously try to play victims. We will never unite with you because we Ijaws had placed a curse on Igboland. You shall continue to be under us as you now are today in the current Nigerian reality. And even when Nigeria disintegrates, you shall continue to be at our mercy in a landlocked Igbo country.

3 Likes

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by Mieye007: 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Fumming hot? Are you sure you're not the one fummin hot? So you can imagine that I'd be fumming hot over a multi-challenged person magnifying his stupidity? I beg your pardon!

You Igbos always enjoy fooling people with the rubbish you post on nairaland, Yet why is it that whenever someone challenge your stupidity, THE NEXT THING YOU ALWAYS DO is to run away and shout "intense hatred for ndigbo"! Hatred for Igbos! How can challenging a liar amount to hatred? Why is 'shouting hatred' always the next action Igbos take when presented with an intellectual challenge. Can't you engage on a simple debate without shouting hatred?

How come of all the Ijaws and other ethnicities that make up the old Eastern Region on this website, you're the only one that has a problem with this thread?
Well it seems they're all tired of your rubbish and as it happens, I'm the only one amongst them having enough spare time to kick your @ss.
It must have almost given you a heart attack grin grin to hear the touching tribute Rex Lawson gave to Ojuwku and Biafra. Go hang yourself with a strong rope if it worries you that much mate.
I'm sorry to disappoint you boy, I couldn't get the expected heart attack 'cos I've got a healthy heart unlike yours that's about to give up because someone is confronting your lies and Igbo propaganda.

Rex Lawson sang that song at gun point during the biafran invasion of Ijawland. At the time when the terror and attrocities of the Igbos was too much, people did everything they could to please the demonic biafrans.

Rex Lawson did a proper victory/tribute song to our Ijaw hero; Maj. Adaka Boro The GREAT after we drove you demons away from Ijawland. You should go and find out and listen to that song! Igbos couldn't even stand to give proper challenge, they all fled with the loots from our communities at the sight of Boro and his Ijaw Marines.

I stated earlier that Harcourt Whyte lived part of his life in present day Abia state, and as an Abonema man was perfectly at home with his Igbo cousins and even gifted the world these beautiful Igbo Christian songs .....and you highlighted this as showing i'm a bigot? shocked You see what i mean when i say your hatred towards Ndigbo in 'unmaskable' and gives you away as one of those whose job it is to maintain divisions and acrimony among us?

Harcourt Whyte was taken to leper colony ran by the catholic church in Igboland at a young age because he had leprosy. After a long stay in Igbo land he got acquianted with the language and sang in the choir.

What has the travails of this poor man and the song of Rex Lawson at biafran gun point got to do with an imaginary "unity in the Eastern region"? You're just a narrow minded bigot who'd never admit to the tyranny & atrrocities of the Igbos

You've claimed peoples land forcefully now you want to claim relationship forcefully? "Igbo cousins" indeed! When did an Ijaw man become your cousin? Why do you people always behave like leeches? Always attaching yourselves to Ijaws. We always drive you away yet you're still come back with same tactics like goats. SMH.....Igbo people make una change, stop attaching.

It would really be nice to do such comparism because it would be like an Igbo alone attrocities against an Igbo-Plus- All-Nigerians attrocities. Hope you can imagine? Igbos are part of the Nigeria perpetuating injustice in the Niger Delta.

Ijaws have not started asking you to account for and apologize for your crimes, yet you've started denying....my friend go and read the half-baked Oputa panel report Vol.3.

The centuries of relationship you're talking about was when Igboland depended on Ijawland for their survival. We never dominated you, invaded you or ruled over your lands but you all depend on the peanuts we gave you from the SALES OF YOUR FELLOW IGBOS AS SLAVES TO YOUR IJAW MASTERS AT THE COAST. That was the natural state of our relationship; igbos depending on Ijaws for economic survival.

Cheers. smiley
There is nothing solid in that but all lies and propaganda. And as an Ijaw man it offends me when children of war criminals mischieviously try to play victims. We will never unite with you because we Ijaws had placed a curse on Igboland. You shall continue to be under us as you now are today in the current Nigerian reality. And even when Nigeria disintegrates, you shall continue to be at our mercy in a landlocked Igbo country.
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 1:04am On Jun 15, 2013
You've ranted all this but ended up saying nothing. You sound so furious so try and calm down and maybe you'd be able to make a bit of sense.

Second paragraph: Absolutely hilarious! grin This last post of your just proves my point regarding your intense hatred for Ndigbo. I mean, just clam down and read what you posted, and it'd begin to dawn on you just how deranged, unhinged and hateful you sound; your post is littered with invectives and curses on an entire ethnicity instead of you facing me directly. Dude you're so childish, a sad excuse for a man and i'm starting to feel sorry for you for some funny reason undecided.

Third paragraph: You find yourself alone on this lonely quest of yours b'cos no true Ijaw son/daughter would even remotely want to identify with your bile and rants. I have a strong belief that you're not Ijaw going by the phrases and lame arguments you manage to come up with; your main aim is to cause division between Ndigbo and other Niger Delta minorities, and you'd just be glad to see me return the favour and abuse Ijaws too wouldn't you?.....it ain't gonna work, sorry wink (God bless Ijaws and Ndigbo and may we unite to further our common interests and grow stronger in this 'one Nigeria' grin grin).

Fourth paragraph: You claim Biafra held a gun to Cardinal Rex Lawsons' head and made him sing that beautiful song!? shocked You see, when i say now that you dey mad, you go come begin dey vex; just listen to yourself and see where this paranoia is leading you. Can we see links/documents to show that he was forced at gunpoint to record that song? Seriously, i'd be interested in seeing such so biko humour me.

These terror and atrocities against Ijaws, care to enumerate them?; dates, places, personalities involved, rough estimates of numbers killed.....i'd be grateful for the info'.

I take it that Rex Lawsons tribute to Adaka Boro (which of course is in order) is accessible online in some form (like the ones i've posted) as i'm sure the Izon nation would be proud of such a record. Even you that claims to be Ijaw should have such a classic and poignant song on your iTunes playlist so maybe you can download it to regale us with.

Fifth paragraph: You said that 'i'm a bloody liar and you're gonna expose me', and then you exposed nothing but hot air! shocked

You said: "Harcourt Whyte was taken to leper colony ran by the catholic church in Igboland at a young age because he had leprosy. After a long stay in Igbo land he got acquianted with the language and sang in the choir". Pray, tell me where i stated anything to the contrary in my previous posts; i knew he had leprosy, but just didn't want to say it, though i see you don't have any reservations on the issue....some 'Ijaw citizen' you are indeed!

One thing to note though: if Igbos are the big bad evil Ogres you want the world to believe we are, how come Harcourt Whyte went to deepest Alaigbo and was so comfortable that he not only got healed, but learnt the language as you claim (though i don't know why you think he didn't already know how to speak Igbo before going there), and more importantly, didn't get eaten alive by the big bad Igbos?

Sixth paragraph: This was your statement in an earlier post- "The people you trampled on are all progressing in their respective states yet yours are still in decay despite receiving free oil money from federal allocation since 1970". I rest my case on this! wink

Seventh paragraph: Concerning atrocities committed in the Niger Delta- we're talking of pre and during the civil war mate. If you want to stretch it out to today then you should be prepared to include even Niger Deltans (Chiefs, Local Gov't Chairmen, Councillors, Commissioners, Governors, State and National House of assembly members, youth leaders, militants, etc-etc-etc), as in this regard they are just as culpable as Ndigbo gerrit?

Asswipe, mention the crimes of Ndigbo towards the Ijaws or forever keep your stinking mouth shut!

You say Ndigbo have been depending on Ijaws for survival? Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin whatever reduces your HPB mate; i'm man enough to take that yabbings, no wahala! wink

Eighth paragraph: You said- "We will never unite with you because we Ijaws had placed a curse on Igboland. You shall continue to be under us as you now are today in the current Nigerian reality. And even when Nigeria disintegrates, you shall continue to be at our mercy in a landlocked Igbo country".

I'm sorry mate but the devil didn't answer this prayer of yours (try praying harder to him next time). The bond between Ndigbo and other minorities in the Niger Delta is waxing stronger by the day, and if you don't like it?......TOUGH! I'm sure you're aware of the recent meeting Governors of the South East and South South zones had recently?; i'm sure you're aware of the support Ndigbo gave GEJ during the last elections (and are poised to repeat in 2015 wink)?; i'm sure you're aware of the prominent appointments of Ndigbo GEJ has made in his gov't and how the appointees are delivering monumentally? You're aware of all this and you still reckon you have a case?

Cheers mate! grin

4 Likes

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by madamoringo(f): 1:56am On Jun 15, 2013
See what love of other people's oil and other resources have caused this small ibo-son! Chineke me! See finishing! Mieye asked lots of germaine questions, so yes why are the ibos the only people crying soooo loud in Nigeria? CR, AKS, BYSA, etc have moved on! The gallant Midwesterners have moved on, only ibos are crying! Why? grin grin See how the ibo boy has been bloodied with multiple combos ...LWTMB ooo grin grin. No one wants biafara and the only bigger mistake than the first Civil War, WW 1, 2 and BH all combined together is another wanna be ibo who declares war on Nigeria again! In one day, all the insults of ibos on other Nigerians will be requited in only one day!!

5 Likes

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 1:58am On Jun 15, 2013
madam_oringo: See what love of other people's oil and other resources have caused this small ibo-son! Chineke me! See finishing! Mieye asked lots of germaine questions, so yes why are the ibos the only people crying soooo loud in Nigeria? CR, AKS, BYSA, etc have moved on! The gallant Midwesterners have moved on, only ibos are crying! Why? grin grin See how the ibo boy has been bloodied with multiple combos ...LWTMB ooo grin grin. No one wants biafara and the only bigger mistake than the first Civil War, WW 1, 2 and BH all combined together is another wanna be ibo who declares war on Nigeria again! In one day, all the insults of ibos on other Nigerians will be requited in only one day!!

^^^ smiley Ok!
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by pistol: 7:09am On Jun 15, 2013
I don't really understand our desperation to be homogeneous with the south,south.
An ijaw,urhobo,even ikwerre that share almost the same characteristic culture with igbos all claim non igbos.

We have to think out of the box,
They can go drink their oil,
Our selling point is our unusual entrepreneurial spirit and one of the greatest depot of human resources in the word.
With the star of david as our guide,in the next 20 years,no part or ethnic group can be our match.
It is even manifesting itself now via unity school scores and other parameters.
And the haters are hating and will die hating.
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 9:06am On Jun 15, 2013
pistol: I don't really understand our desperation to be homogeneous with the south,south.
An ijaw,urhobo,even ikwerre that share almost the same characteristic culture with igbos all claim non igbos.

We have to think out of the box,
They can go drink their oil,
Our selling point is our unusual entrepreneurial spirit and one of the greatest depot of human resources in the word.
With the star of david as our guide,in the next 20 years,no part or ethnic group can be our match.
It is even manifesting itself now via unity school scores and other parameters.
And the haters are hating and will die hating.

^^^Pistol, my point in starting the thread was to show that -contrary to what some may want everyone to believe- we all got on well with our neighbours. The thread was innocuous and well intentioned, but some small-minded bitter fools couldn't bare to see the rubbishing of their well orchestrated decades-old plot to show Igbo 'tyranny', 'hatred' and 'strife' in the old Eastern Region.

Ignore the hateful rants of the asswipe i've been chatting with earlier; he's not Ijaw.
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by Mieye007: 4:52am On Jul 14, 2013
Arrogant Hypocrites!
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by IGBOSON1: 11:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
God protect your child!

I believe an Angel was looking over Harcourt Whytes shoulder and secretly guiding him as he wrote these songs!

What emotions do these songs arouse in you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P6hkZBbcvg&feature=share&list=PL812DEE429F0E4014
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by AndreUweh(m): 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
Lovely thread. Don't allow the bigots here to weigh you down.
They are fools forever.
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by 1soul(m): 12:03am On Aug 06, 2013
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by 1soul(m): 12:04am On Aug 06, 2013
Mieye007: Fumming hot? Are you sure you're not the one fummin hot? So you can imagine that I'd be fumming hot over a multi-challenged person magnifying his stupidity? I beg your pardon!

If at all you're truely an Ijaw...

Then I need to tell you this.......if you guys end up in thesame country with the Igbos you would only become a serious liability at the longrun. You speak with this much bile because all you can see and think right now is OIL! And to you the Igbos are after it, and maybe that's why they always talk of a united old-Eastern region.

My guy with the projection on Shale oil to tripple the output of crude oil world wide, quality human resources and technology is the future. If not that you are somewhat drunk with this your "our-oil" mindset......you wouldn't have spoken of the Igbo in that derogatory tone. After all the blabing igbos still have more evidence to prove we are good on our own! While for you the fear of the
US recently projected Shale oil boom to pump tripple of crude oil output by 2018 is your greatest nightmare lol. Don't worry we've got industries to absorb you..

To be hornest, I don't wish to share a country with your people "Ijaw" I know them to be so lazy and totally dependent on handouts in form of amnesty and the likes for survival. At best we can only have good relationship and even that would be to attract cheap and unskilled labour to run our large-scale manufacturing industries for optimum output!

Talking about dominance......I think your people need to deliver yourselves first from your elders before coming to scream all over the place as if your problems starts and ends with the word Igbo!

When you said Igbos would be at your mercy I'm sure even you yourself did not believe it. We can't be land-locked when Ibaka seaport operates! Too many options but you guys are just too blind to see it......by the way I'm not even an advocate of seccesion, I strongly believe we're winning this silent war in this country, and that's the source of all these bad-blood. You all will get used to it and give up finghting a force bigger than you. By then both micro and macro economy of the country are all at our mercy.

YOU ALL WILL GET USED TO BEEN DEFEATED WHILE WE LEARN TO CONTROL THINGS FROM A SAFE ANGLE.....The learning will soon be over!

1 Like

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by mensdept: 1:49am On Aug 06, 2013
The regional setup favored the people in Nigeria. Even the current governor of Bayelsa has already said he cannot manage/afford to manage his state.

Anyone talking otherwise is either aware they or those in their village are useless and want everyone to feel that way, or are fearful of seeing real progress.

Orji Kalu and the thief Ibori who folks are celebrating his birthday, can never rule in the former regional setup.

Fact
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by 0monna: 4:34am On Aug 06, 2013
Let us remind ourselves how well the Ijaws did under the NCNC government in terms of political positions either in the Regional Asssembly or from Federal Ministerial Positions accruing from the centre coalition Names and numbers in comparison to the Master Race of Eastern Nigeria.
Why is it that the abandoned proprty saga happened in Port Harcourt in this same Eastern Nigeria whilst there was no such thing in Lagos.
Why were the Rivers people so quick to rename Oyigbo or every town from Umu to Rumu. Does anyone remember the name Eyo Ita
Let us contemplate these inconvenient questions
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by 0monna: 4:47am On Aug 06, 2013
1soul:

If at all you're truely an Ijaw...

Then I need to tell you this.......if you guys end up in thesame country with the Igbos you would only become a serious liability at the longrun. You speak with this much bile because all you can see and think right now is OIL! And to you the Igbos are after it, and maybe that's why they always talk of a united old-Eastern region.

My guy with the projection on Shale oil to tripple the output of crude oil world wide, quality human resources and technology is the future. If not that you are somewhat drunk with this your "our-oil" mindset......you wouldn't have spoken of the Igbo in that derogatory tone. After all the blabing igbos still have more evidence to prove we are good on our own! While for you the fear of the
US recently projected Shale oil boom to pump tripple of crude oil output by 2018 is your greatest nightmare lol. Don't worry we've got industries to absorb you..

To be hornest, I don't wish to share a country with your people "Ijaw" I know them to be so lazy and totally dependent on handouts in form of amnesty and the likes for survival.
At best we can only have good relationship and even that would be to attract cheap and unskilled labour to run our large-scale manufacturing industries for optimum output!

Talking about dominance......I think your people need to deliver yourselves first from your elders before coming to scream all over the place as if your problems starts and ends with the word Igbo!

When you said Igbos would be at your mercy I'm sure even you yourself did not believe it. We can't be land-locked when Ibaka seaport operates! Too many options but you guys are just too blind to see it......by the way I'm not even an advocate of seccesion, I strongly believe we're winning this silent war in this country, and that's the source of all these bad-blood. You all will get used to it and give up finghting a force bigger than you. By then both micro and macro economy of the country are all at our mercy.

YOU ALL WILL GET USED TO BEEN DEFEATED WHILE WE LEARN TO CONTROL THINGS FROM A SAFE ANGLE.....The learning will soon be over!
Perhaps learning to respect others will improve your relationships with them. "Yorubas are lazy,South Africans are lazy,Ijaws are lazy.". You are the only ones that are hardworking and clever !! You consider others to be inferior to you and are never shy to tell them.I wonder why you have few friends.Unfortunately you just don't get it

2 Likes

Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by debetmx(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2013
0mo-nna:
Perhaps learning to respect others will improve your relationships with them. "Yorubas are lazy,South Africans are lazy,Ijaws are lazy.". You are the only ones that are hardworking and clever !! You consider others to be inferior to you and are never shy to tell them.I wonder why you have few friends.Unfortunately you just don't get it

The earlier the ibos learn to show genuine respect for the other tribes in Nigeria, the better for them. The average ibo man thinks he is the only one favoured by God so he naturally feels he is smarter than the other person. When he owns something it is his only but when he has nothing he remembers we should be our brother's keeper. An ibo man would have N100,000.00 and would seek ways to help you spend the last N100 you have in your account. I guess that is the ibo man's idea of been hardworking and clever. And to add salt to your injury,the ibo man would find every avenue to tell it to your face. That's what he calls been competitive.
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by Abagworo(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2013
I still don't know why Igbos act naïve on the reality of very glaring issues. I'm an Igbo and I have links with Niger Delta and I know of the inborn grievances that can be settled by full understanding by both parties. If you dig the archives, I opened a thread on "Why Igbos and Ijaws should unite" in 2007 or so. At a stage the thread got deleted and I opened another on that same topic. All these happened before the emergence of Jonathan as President.

However we as Igbos should not make ourselves subjects of slavery and ridicule trying to initiate a brotherhood when the other party has disregard for you. We can go it alone and only associate with those who have respect for us.
Re: The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region by 1soul(m): 11:45am On Aug 06, 2013
0mo-nna:
I guess you're blind to Ijaw-citizen's post full of derogation. I don't care about the so called relationship some Igbos are emphasizing with the Ijaws......we are good on our own! we have the science and technological know-how, the entrepreneurial accumen, the oil and gas, solid minerals, agricultural potential to feed us well, a river port to ferry our export and imports to/from Ibaka seaport, etc. We are good on our own with our fellow Igbos in SS region "Anioma". The ikwerre can go on with their self delusion if they like......it won't reduce anything from us if they choose to be on their own!

If there's any state I count on our relationship to be genuine and borne out of love, it is Akwa Ibom people, the others are just a bunch of insecured and paranoid fellows seeking who blame for their woes!

(1) (2) (Reply)

26 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction / Presidential And VP Salaries Announced / President Buhari Issues Stern Warning To Governor Fayose Of Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.