Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship (8858 Views)

2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Shortlist Is Now Available / Nlng Undergraduate Scholarship 2013/2014: How To Apply / NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
slord: yea its true,ur HOD has to sign d leta and endorse ur passport

Sign the letter to endorse which passport again, how is this even possible now that ASUU is on strike
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 6:48am On Nov 27, 2013
aiibee:

Sign the letter to endorse which passport again, how is this even possible now that ASUU is on strike
you can get one of your lecturers to sign them on behalf of your HOD in his absence or you'd rather call them if there is an alternative
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by slord(m): 7:08am On Nov 27, 2013
See,NASU is nt on strike. So u can jst go to ur dept/faculty,u shud meet ur faculty officer on seat,he can sign. In my own case i dnt knw who my HOD is,its nt our fault,its cos we dnt av a dept for my course! We rotate depts. So anytime we av sumtin to sign we jst go to our faculty officer,so u shudnt let dat disturb u
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 7:41am On Nov 27, 2013
I'd have to travel to school, I doubt if the staff go there, its going to be a bit stressful, have you received your letter yet?
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 8:03am On Nov 27, 2013
waxqkiu: the letters are actually being sent to the address you had given during the registration as your postal address and mind u,you have to take your filld form to your department HOD to sign as well as endorse your passport b4 you cn send it back to them....date now extended to 6th of December due mistakes in the letter,new ones now being sent
all d best

Endorsing the passport means signing on it right?
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 8:21am On Nov 27, 2013
aiibee:

Endorsing the passport means signing on it right?
exactly,the signature should just pass through the passport while it is stapled on the form or if they can help you get your departmental stamp,no p
also try and get your bank's sort code cause it is requested in the payment form
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 8:35am On Nov 27, 2013
waxqkiu:
exactly,the signature should just pass through the passport while it is stapled on the form or if they can help you get your departmental stamp,no p
also try and get your bank's sort code cause it is requested in the payment form

Thank you, what if i can't reach my hod, can my course adviser sign in place of my hod, and what if we can't get the departmental stamp?
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2013
aiibee:

Thank you, what if i can't reach my hod, can my course adviser sign in place of my hod, and what if we can't get the departmental stamp?
the course adviser is best person to sign on behalf of the HOD because he/she knows you as his/her student while the HOD even though you get him can claim he wouldn't sign because he doesn't know you and so if you insist on him signing,you have to get a letter from your course adviser. In the absence of those ones,you can then look for one of your lecturers who would understand the urgency.
the stamp is not mandatory as endorse is only mentioned in the form which could be in the form of signature just making sure that the two are consistent.
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by slord(m): 9:47am On Nov 27, 2013
D only big deal i see in dis situatn is having to travel down to ur skul,getin sum1 to sign isnt. Wen we were applyin 4 agbami nd we nided HOD to sign,it was a difrnt name we gave as d HOD,It was sum1 else dat signed nd it dint affect us. I NEVA GET LETA O
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2013
slord: D only big deal i see in dis situatn is having to travel down to ur skul,getin sum1 to sign isnt. Wen we were applyin 4 agbami nd we nided HOD to sign,it was a difrnt name we gave as d HOD,It was sum1 else dat signed nd it dint affect us. I NEVA GET LETA O

Yeah the travelling part and locating the person to sign it, lol I never still get my own too, have you tried calling them today?
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 10:22am On Nov 27, 2013
waxqkiu:
the course adviser is best person to sign on behalf of the HOD because he/she knows you as his/her student while the HOD even though you get him can claim he wouldn't sign because he doesn't know you and so if you insist on him signing,you have to get a letter from your course adviser. In the absence of those ones,you can then look for one of your lecturers who would understand the urgency.
the stamp is not mandatory as endorse is only mentioned in the form which could be in the form of signature just making sure that the two are consistent.

Thanks a lot
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 10:26am On Nov 27, 2013
slord: D only big deal i see in dis situatn is having to travel down to ur skul,getin sum1 to sign isnt. Wen we were applyin 4 agbami nd we nided HOD to sign,it was a difrnt name we gave as d HOD,It was sum1 else dat signed nd it dint affect us. I NEVA GET LETA O
obviously,those people are hard to get due to strike action of which they are aware of
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 10:34am On Nov 27, 2013
aiibee:

Thanks a lot
you're welcome........just wait for the letters,they are sent through UPS express saver which offers quick delivery as soon as possible to their destinations
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 11:26am On Nov 27, 2013
waxqkiu:
you're welcome........just wait for the letters,they are sent through UPS express saver which offers quick delivery as soon as possible to their destinations

What if you made a mistake in the address u filled in the form, how else can you get the letter?
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
aiibee:

What if you made a mistake in the address u filled in the form, how else can you get the letter?
the letter will be sent like that but the name,address and phone number of the recipient would be written on the UPS express envelope where the original letter is enclosed....on not seeing you(after asking),the deliverer would call the number and make arrangement on how to get it if you are not too far from the area he is in OR if there is a confidant in that address that would receive it on your behalf and sign for collecting it which you would pick up later
otherwise,he might have to take it to the nearest UPS express shop if they've tried all possible means to get it to you and later return it back to the sender
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
waxqkiu:
the letter will be sent like that but the name,address and phone number of the recipient would be written on the UPS express envelope where the original letter is enclosed....on not seeing you(after asking),the deliverer would call the number and make arrangement on how to get it if you are not too far from the area he is in OR if there is a confidant in that address that would receive it on your behalf and sign for collecting it which you would pick up later
otherwise,he might have to take it to the nearest UPS express shop if they've tried all possible means to get it to you and later return it back to the sender

Okay, thanks, so it might take a few days for us to receive it?
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by slord(m): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
aiibee:

yea,my frnd told me dat hers was sent on friday and she received it on tuesday(yesterday)
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
aiibee:

sure......they are sending the letters from Rivers State,whichever day they submit the letters,UPS would try to get it to their office in the other states the second day then it would be dispatched to the recipient but if it gets there on a Friday,you won't get it till the following week because they didn't opt/pay for saturday delivery
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 12:51am On Nov 28, 2013
waxqkiu:
sure......they are sending the letters from Rivers State,whichever day they submit the letters,UPS would try to get it to their office in the other states the second day then it would be dispatched to the recipient but if it gets there on a Friday,you won't get it till the following week because they didn't opt/pay for saturday delivery

I stay in rivers state, are they sending it from bonny?
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 12:53am On Nov 28, 2013
slord: yea,my frnd told me dat hers was sent on friday and she received it on tuesday(yesterday)

Have you received yours yet?
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 6:35am On Nov 28, 2013
aiibee:

I stay in rivers state, are they sending it from bonny?
yes,that's their address
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by slord(m): 8:04am On Nov 28, 2013
aiibee:

Have you received yours yet?
Nop not yet. U dnt av a problem,u stay in rivers,lol
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by slord(m): 8:07am On Nov 28, 2013
My frnd told me dat d date sent on her leta is friday nd u knw dy sent sms and e-mail on wedsday,TELLING US THAT THE LETTERS HAVE BEEN DISPATCHED!.so if dyl go lyk dat again,since dy sent us d 'new' email on tuesday mayb itl jst b sent on thursday(today),so lets hopd dat wel get it btw 2day nd nxt week tue
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by aiibee(f): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
I finally received mine this evening
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by slord(m): 9:47am On Nov 29, 2013
I don recieve am self,tank God
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2013
aiibee: I finally received mine this evening
CONGRATULATIONS!
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 10:00am On Nov 29, 2013
slord: I don recieve am self,tank God
CONGRATULATIONS! did you receive the two letters or only the corrected one plus the form?
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by slord(m): 11:58am On Nov 29, 2013
waxqkiu:
CONGRATULATIONS! did you receive the two letters or only the corrected one plus the form?
i received the two oooo,which one am i to photocopy to send back
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by waxqkiu: 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
slord: i received the two oooo,which one am i to photocopy to send back
only the one that has been corrected
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by Yinkah15: 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
Those that have received their letters should please indicate nd describe how it went nd their location of receipt(state) . Pls what correction was made?
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by hotncold(m): 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
slord: I don recieve am self,tank God

@ Slord, Congratz! Pls, let me know d error they corrected in d new letter cos am yet 2 receive mine
Re: 2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship by slord(m): 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
waxqkiu:
only the one that has been corrected
pls which one was corrected? What correctn self,is it d date?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RIVERS STATE POLYTECHNIC BORI, HND AND PRE-ND FORM 2010-2011 SESSION / Bowen university 2013/2014 Post Utme Form Is Out / Dr Asking Why MED. LAB. Scientists Use Stethoscope For Induction Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.