Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,266 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment (15600 Views)

9ice Calls for Annulment of APC Rep Primaries In Ogbomosho North / June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie / Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by sanity12(m): 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
sobaemma: Listen whether u guys like it or not,lets accept the fact and face reality,igbos are the tribe in africa if not the world,argue it if u can,is it in BRAVERY?THE ONLY TRIBE IN THE WORLD THAT FOUGHT A COUNTRY FOR 3 YRS AND COULDNT WIN,THE ONLY MEANS THE HIGHEST POPULOUS COUNTRY IN AFRICA CAN WIN IS TO BLOCK FOOD SUPPLY.LAUGHABLE I THINK,LISTEN IF WE BOTH ARE SEATING TOGETHER AND U DECIDED TO LIVE,Y WILL I FIGHT U TO STAY?WHEN U ARE NO IMPORTANCE TO ME?LISTEN NIGERIA LEADERS KNOWS,THAT Y THEY DONT WANT US O RULE,Y?SCARED OF US DECLARING BIAFRA?CUS THEY KNOW WE ARE THE BACKBONE,HMMM,THOUGH THE IGBOS LOST MORE THAN 3 MILLION LIVES IN THE WAR,DONT IT AMAZE U THAT IN ANY COUNTRY IN NIGERIA AFTER THE INDIGENE THE NEXT ARE IGBOS?DONT IT AMAZE THAT EVEN THE HAUSA DO USE THE STATEMENT THAT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD THAT U DONT SEE AN IGBO MAN,RUN AWAY?LISTEN FORGET THE PRESIDENCEY ISSUE,THE ECONOMY OF NIGERIA LIES IN THE HANDS OF IGBOS,THE LEADERS KNOW THIS THATS Y THEY MADE NGOZI THE ECONOMY MINISTER THAT DIDNT EVEN WANTED IT,CHECK IMAGINE NO IGBO IN LAG,IN ABUJA IN CALABAR?OUR PEOPLE DONT DEPEND ON OIL HARDWORKS AND ALL,IS IT IN BEAUTY WE ALL DONT NEED TO ARGUE THATOUR EYES CANT LIE,IS IT IN MOVIES,NOLLYWOOD?OWN BY IGBOS,DEVELOPED BY THEM,THAT PEOPLE ARE STILL COMPLAING ITS TRIBALIST OR MUSIC,CHECK,WITHOUT IGBO NO MUSIC IN 9JA,PSQUARE,FLAVOUR,PHYNO,MANY TO MENTION,I KNOW U WOULD SAY DBANJ BUT REMEMBER AN IGBO MAN WAS HIS BACKBONE DONJAZZY,SO GIVE UP THE ARGUEMENT AND ACCEPT IT THE WAY God made it,08166474647,the 19 old anambra duo
I can see dat u ar reli sick shey omotola,olu jacobs,joke silva no dey nollywood,and av u confirmed if truly don jazzy is an igbo man kus d last time i checked i was told he's an ijaw man,wereas dbanj and don jazzy both helped each oda's career so dn't give all d credit to don jazzy,and believe me dbanj is d biggest star in africa currently,u dey mention phyno were olamide dey,flavour ko maggi ni,weve also got wizkid and davido,most popular songs as yoruba in it..

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by mrperfect(m): 12:35am On Jun 15, 2013
Is this information necessary?
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by VirginFinder: 12:43am On Jun 15, 2013
I concur! Most of them died in road accidents while hurriedly returning home from Lagos and other parts of the SW for an earlier than usual 'new yam festival'. Their shops were buggled thereafter thereby leaving the returnee survivors poorer and having to start from the scratch. Igbos (post civil war) are the real cowards and exceedingly boastful albeit empty!!
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by VirginFinder: 1:06am On Jun 15, 2013
van bonattel:

its only because the polical father in our tribe drank rat poison and died, just because we give birth to only cowards who are spineless and cannot fight, i remember my uncle MKO who was so afraid of abacha that he chose to die like a rat in the prison, i remember my grand father Diya who cried like a baby, weeping and wailing and rolling on the ground begging al mustafa for his life. my tribe always like to carry fat woman on the waist during owambe party than work hard, later they will envy the people of south east. my south west people are shameless abeg
Abiola outlived Abacha.So did Diya. As for Awo, your rants will forever remain baseless and will never change the fact that Awo's wartime policies brought the civil war to a tragic non-negotiated end. A fact Achebe acknowledged before his demise. In all, you made no sense.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by olaheavy1: 1:17am On Jun 15, 2013
Virgin Finder: I concur! Most of them died in road accidents while hurriedly returning home from Lagos and other parts of the SW for an earlier than usual 'new yam festival'. Their shops were buggled thereafter thereby leaving the returnee survivors poorer and having to start from the scratch. Igbos (post civil war) are the real cowards and exceedingly boastful albeit empty!!
But the question is: why did we Yiiiibo have to return to the Yorubaland? We Yiiibo happened to be the biggest lowlife mother and fatherfuckers in Africa! We Yiiiibos are the lousiest losers in the world! We Yiibos are bunch of lying cannibals - our progenitors were the scariest human eaters and sub-humans in Africa. And during the Biafra campaign, the Yoruba soldiers gallantly turned us into everlasting cannibals - our younger ones developed marasmus and kwashiorkor. Please, folks, don't feel sorry for us because of our sorry state of affairs in Nigeria; we Yiiibos are suicidal in nature- we don't listen at all. We Yiiiiibos are also pathological liars: we claim Jewish ancestry; some of us claim Japanese origin (***pukes and feels sick to his stomach***). Heck! We Yiiiiibos don't have a clue of our cannibalistic beginning. Shame on us!

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by dayokanu(m): 1:24am On Jun 15, 2013
I dey laff oo

How markate my people

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by madamoringo(f): 2:28am On Jun 15, 2013
LWTMB! Ibos have caused ALL their problems, and it is amazing they have not and WILL NEVER see it! A classic trait of a narcissistic, bipolar loony!

I wish most Nigerians just kept quiet and never say anything lest ibos figure it out:

Civil War = Loss, National leadership = loss, respect from most other parts of Nigeria = zero, loss, 2nd Niger Bridge = loss, war casualty = big loss, size of land = loss, landlocked = loss, gully erosion, brown dirty clay soil almost everywhere = loss, highest number of kidnappers, ritualists, criminals, fake drug importers, cocaine pushers, prostitutes = MAJOR LOSS, attaché by force to SS oil = loss, no central leadership = loss, MASSOB as football for every government = loss, Hausa, Yorubas, MB, SS, etc send Ibos away from their lands back to their small landlocked land = MAJOR, MAJOR LOSS! LWKMD! grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by eggheaders(m): 2:31am On Jun 15, 2013
rumour has it that we the black Jews. were the most affected during the wetie brouhaha, also during the kiriji war and the oyo and dahomey war. laughing my a55 out desola no go kill person. and to the dozing ekwulobia clown after turning your Igbo into a squarepant spongebob shaped head. you still crying for more beating may be you want me to turn your head to trash can from constant verbal hard knocks.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by UyiIredia(m): 3:58am On Jun 15, 2013
Policewoman: MODs pls permit me to say this but i think some Yorubas in this forum are proving to us beyond reasonable doubt that they are the most selfish and tribalistic tribe in this country. Just watch their comments.

Okay. Just note I have had a nasty experience with an Igbo woman. Tribalism is not exclusive to any obe ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by logica(m): 4:00am On Jun 15, 2013
Policewoman: MODs pls permit me to say this but i think some Yorubas in this forum are proving to us beyond reasonable doubt that they are the most selfish and tribalistic tribe in this country. Just watch their comments.
What are you a policewoman for? Arrest them!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by 99cent: 4:26am On Jun 15, 2013
S@NNiE:
i really don't like commenting on this kind of thread but seriously, this is getting out of hand. first the igbos are jews abandoned in Africa and want to be taken back to Israel, then the hausas and yorubas arranged the biafra war to wipe out the igbos, and now june 12 of all things is another machination against the igbos. i love the igbos, but if you guys wanna move forward then you have to stop looking backward all the time. Time bringeth all things, but only if you move with it.

grin grin grin
it makes for good entertainment though. All you can do is laugh at their insecurity and attention seeking mien

[size=14pt]June 12 casualties: Group seeks compensation, says Ndigbo most affected[/size]An Igbo socio-cultural group, Ndigbo United Assembly, (NUA) has stated that Ndigbo were the most casualties of the violence that greeted the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election believed to have been won by Chief M.K.O Abiola.

NUA therefore called on the federal government to intensify efforts towards compensating Ndigbo in various ways such as dredging of River Niger, building of the second Niger bridge

compensation ke
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by hercules07: 4:30am On Jun 15, 2013
logica: What are you a policewoman for? Arrest them!

I find it annoying that a Police woman who is actually serving is this much of a tribalist, please how is she able to discharge her duties when she obviously hates a tribe, I am even sure she is based in Lagos.
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by tintingz(m): 6:43am On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by tintingz(m): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2013
Desola:

I don't know what the matter is with Yorubas? Why are you so jealous? why do you like diminishing our numbers just to hide the truth? Everybody knows that we make Lagos tick, we are the majority and that is why our son is the governor of Lagos. I said earlier before that Aworis are really Ibos and that is why Fashola is our son. It shows that we are the majority. if you go to ladipo market, we are all over the place, we own all the land there and its environs. How about daleko market? If you look under the bridges and all the nooks and crannies of Lagos, you would see us with our 'bend down select' and our used goods. We are the kings in this sectors. Anything substandard and you would see us there. We trade in all manner of goods, be it fake drugs and hard drugs too. So what are we talking about? Look at the ekenedilishuku buses everyday and see the number of our brothers who keep coming back to their original land. How then can you tell me that we are only 40-50% only? you are a liar. Next election, we would put another of our sons Ben Nwabueze in the seat of the govenor to prove to you that we have returned to claim our land. Yorubas should go back to Biafra, that is where you all really belong, that downtrodden region is where you really come from.
even in iraq, afganistan the nwa nwa boyz are suffering their market there... Something most be wrong in that igbo land a.k.a weed land grin
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by tintingz(m): 6:54am On Jun 15, 2013
¿?
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by tintingz(m): 7:00am On Jun 15, 2013
whitecat007: Sorry the player that scored to win against Kenya is not ibo, his name is Mohamed Is either Edo, Northerner or Yoruba Every tribe in Nigeria has contributed to soccer
So empty barrels get out for some fresh air

i guess keshi dey mobilize his alaba boys grin
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by tintingz(m): 7:11am On Jun 15, 2013
olaheavy1:
But the question is: why did we Yiiiibo have to return to the Yorubaland? We Yiiibo happened to be the biggest lowlife mother and fatherfuckers in Africa! We Yiiiibos are the lousiest losers in the world! We Yiibos are bunch of lying cannibals - our progenitors were the scariest human eaters and sub-humans in Africa. And during the Biafra campaign, the Yoruba soldiers gallantly turned us into everlasting cannibals - our younger ones developed marasmus and kwashiorkor. Please, folks, don't feel sorry for us because of our sorry state of affairs in Nigeria; we Yiiibos are suicidal in nature- we don't listen at all. We Yiiiiibos are also pathological liars: we claim Jewish ancestry; some of us claim Japanese origin (***pukes and feels sick to his stomach***). Heck! We Yiiiiibos don't have a clue of our cannibalistic beginning. Shame on us!
This got me laughing hard...

Some igbo will even claim afganistan, iraq, infact they have migrates there grin
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by kalunomics(m): 7:28am On Jun 15, 2013
pro01: Too many foolish kids on this damn NL. Otherwise, they would know better than run their leaky mouths. Igbo people were the biggest casualties. of the June 12 annulment and its aftermath. Intelligent people would first determine what 'casualty' means in this context, and then try to understand HOW that came to be so.

Any Igbo person beyond 25 years old should know what 'Oso Abiola' 1994 means, and must have heard about how many of his or her relatives lost their lives and/or property in the course of fleeing from a war that never was. Whether their fears (which necessitated the mass exodus from the South West) was justified or not is a different discussion altogether. But the fact that, as an ethnic group, they constituted the biggest casualties of June 12 and its aftermath is beyond doubt.
You even have time for this jealous tribals, whom comes on NL everyday for Igbo related issues so they can display their hatred and jealousy.
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by kalunomics(m): 7:34am On Jun 15, 2013
hercules07:

I find it annoying that a Police woman who is actually serving is this much of a tribalist, please how is she able to discharge her duties when she obviously hates a tribe, I am even sure she is based in Lagos.
Aren't you supposed to be ashamed of yourself? The stats in NL alone can show a blind man which tribe that is extremely jealous and tribalistic.
If only prejudice has not robbed of natural shrewd sense, I'd have told you to flip through this thread alone and state your deductions.
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 15, 2013
pro01: Too many foolish kids on this damn NL. Otherwise, they would know better than run their leaky mouths. Igbo people were the biggest casualties. of the June 12 annulment and its aftermath. Intelligent people would first determine what 'casualty' means in this context, and then try to understand HOW that came to be so.

Any Igbo person beyond 25 years old should know what 'Oso Abiola' 1994 means, and must have heard about how many of his or her relatives lost their lives and/or property in the course of fleeing from a war that never was. Whether their fears (which necessitated the mass exodus from the South West) was justified or not is a different discussion altogether. But the fact that, as an ethnic group, they constituted the biggest casualties of June 12 and its aftermath is beyond doubt.
Who was pursuing them? Was it Awolowo? Were they the only tribe staying outside their land of origin? Did any body threaten them? If with the way Boko Haram sect is killing in the North and Igbo still remain there what justifies their running from the SW in 1993, where they were not threatened? Could their death on the express roads be blamed on the Nigerian Government? Williams Shakespeare was right, "coward die many times before their death." Guy, go get sense.
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2013
Go back to your illegal check point.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 15, 2013
Ola Johnson: Roll out the drums it is one week remembrace of a successful sit-at-home exercise of 09-06-'13, holding today, 16-06-'13 across the country. All Igbo are expected to close their shops. MASSOB will be on ground to enforce this directive. If the Yoruba could celebrate 20 years of June 12, what stops us from celebrating one week of success? After all it is said that we should not despise the days of little beginning. We shall get to our promise land to meet our fellow Jews even though we are not similar to them on account of our flat noses and heads. Meanwhile we shall continue to support our Oga At The Top in 2015 till whenever we are given the chance to rule even if it means waiting till the next 50 years. May the soul of our hero, Emeka Ojukwu, who left us to "seek peace" while the civil war was raging, thereby making history as the first if not the only 'general' to abandone his people in war, rest in peace.
We shall continue to remain outside the South East even though they have been killing us. We had highest casualties in the Sokoto Jihad of 1804, the Benin Massacre when Ovanranwen was killed and the 100 years war including the Kiriji War in Yorubaland.
Signed by Ralph Uwazuruike.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by EasternLeopard: 9:05am On Jun 15, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Ola Johnson:
Who was pursuing them? If with the way Boko Haram sect is killing in the North and Igbo still remain there what justifies their running from the SW in 1993.?
WHEN WE IGBOS LEFT ENMASSE, UR PEOPLE STOPPED THEIR WAR BEATS.
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by EasternLeopard: 9:05am On Jun 15, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Ola Johnson:
Who was pursuing them? If with the way Boko Haram sect is killing in the North and Igbo still remain there what justifies their running from the SW in 1993.?
WE IGBOS LEFT ENMASSE SO AS NOT TO HINDER UR WAR AGAINST D NORTH.
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by ibkgab001: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2013
Nah u kill Him go to billings way to get visa and fly there to confirm ur self and stop asking folish Q u E s T I o N
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 15, 2013
whitecat007: Sorry the player that scored to win against Kenya is not ibo, his name is Mohamed Is either Edo, Northerner or Yoruba Every tribe in Nigeria has contributed to soccer
So empty barrels get out for some fresh air

Dis one doesnt even understand the message passed
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 15, 2013
Desola:

Exactly! Very selfish people which is why we are infiltrating their lands to show them how t be more generous. They are the most inhospitable people on earth and if not for our descendants; the Aworis that kept Lagos for us, we would not have been able to return to our ancestral land- Lagos. Look at our region, the Yorubas are all over there in their numbers. That goes to show how accomodating we are.

Nne, Playing the victim card will not help u either.
Yorubas cant even compete in beta jobs in igboland, most yorubas that come to SE are either on company assignment or civil service. Ordinarily, u just av to stick to ur region where tribal nepotism will help u to make it. Here, Competition is the in-thing.

Later, u tell the chinese that flock to Nigeria/Africa that Nigeria is better dan China, dats y they come to Nigeria to find markets for their products. Aside Lagos again, which of those shanty SW towns are comparable to those of SE? If the ibadan i know is a city as all of u think, who knows how the villages are?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by eggheaders(m): 9:43am On Jun 15, 2013
my problem with the igbos is their make believe they are the only one doing great in Nigeria. whereas everyone is contributing to the growth of the nation.
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 15, 2013
So many things wrong with this thread.

Regardless of the nonsense posts above, I want to ask why igbos felt they had to flee south west during the june 12 saga?

There was no record of yorubas butchering the igbos b4, why did they leave and die on the road?
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by tintingz(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2013
eggheaders: my problem with the igbos is their make believe they are the only one doing great in Nigeria. whereas everyone is contributing to the growth of the nation.
thats just it brotha! I think its greediness...
Re: Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment by eggheaders(m): 10:00am On Jun 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Nne, Playing the victim card will not help u either.
Yorubas cant even compete in beta jobs in igboland, most yorubas that come to SE are either on company assignment or civil service. Ordinarily, u just av to stick to ur region where tribal nepotism will help u to make it. Here, Competition is the in-thing.

Later, u tell the chinese that flock to Nigeria/Africa that Nigeria is better dan China, dats y they come to Nigeria to find markets for their products. Aside Lagos again, which of those shanty SW towns are comparable to those of SE? If the ibadan i know is a city as all of u think, who knows how the villages are?

hello madam, which serious business man will wanna do business in alaigbo ..jeez is it the insecurity or high cost of living you wanna talk about or what. what of the possibly of you been swindled by a Igbo. or a land where you not allowed to own landed properties. met loads of igbos that can't stomach living in alaigbo. madam ask yourself why your region host the. least number of non natives in the country. competition blah blah and your folks are been match in business in other region by other ethnic nationality. another question why do non natives in your region live in barracks mostly fear of the disillusioned flatheaded Jews I guess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Release Dasuki’s International Passport, Court Orders FG - Vanguard / Buhari’s New Year Speech Shows He Has Conceded Defeat -pdp...says Mr. President / Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.