Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie (30230 Views)

Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie / 9ice Calls for Annulment of APC Rep Primaries In Ogbomosho North / June 12 Annulment: How Has Nigeria Fared? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Maxymilliano(m): 1:15am On Jun 12, 2013
Former member of the House of Representatives, former Senate Chief Whip and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Rowland Stephen Owie says the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election was a divine recompense for Abiola’s alleged past political misdeeds.

What is your perspective on the June 12, 1993 election?

When people talk about June 12, June 12; June 12 has no meaning. June 12 is the repayment of evil for MKO Abiola.
Whatever you sow, you reap. I said about four years ago that if Abiola had been president he would have been dead.

You think so?

Yes, let me tell you. Before anyone can say that the annulment was evil they should answer four questions. Number one, who was that politician that brought what was called the Maroko land deal to limelight?

Who was that politician who used the Maroko land deal as an albatross on the neck of Chief Obafemi Awolowo? Who is that Nigerian or group of Nigerians who went to Obasanjo and connived with him and removed the Electoral College act from the decree of 1978?

Who is that politician or group of politicians that aided the military to take over the government of President Shehu Shagari in 1983 after the NPN convention? Who is that politician? Who is that politician that aided the military in disqualifying all the major candidates of SDP and NRC?

I say if they can answer it and the answer is negative for MKO Abiola, then the annulment of June 12 is evil. But if the answer is yes and it’s MKO Abiola, the annulment of June 12 was the best thing that happened because you can’t plant mango and reap yam.

In 1979 I was in the UPN as a member of the House of Representatives and there was a provision in the transition decree of 1978/79 which made provision for Electoral College if the presidential election became inconclusive, and it really was inconclusive, because Shagari did not get two-third of the 19 states. So, we were preparing for Electoral College. NPP, GNPP, PRP and UPN we had majority in the National Assembly which constituted the Electoral College.

The late Mallam Aminu Kano of PRP, Alhaji Waziri Ibrahim of GNPP, Nnamdi Azikiwe of NPP and Awolowo of UPN had met and we had all met. But three days to the Electoral College Obasanjo removed the clause on Electoral College; he removed the goal post within the run of play.

The Electoral College was removed after the election when we were getting ready for it and that was why Awolowo had no other option and he had to go to court and the judgment gave rise to the issue of 12 2/3! A human being cannot be half, he is either full or… and that is why Justice Sowemimo said that that judgment cannot be quoted in future.

Abiola and Obasanjo were involved as Egbas to remove that clause. Concord brought the headline “Maroko land: Awolowo where is your sincerity”. We were in Minna when it was published. Look it deflated the old man, it scattered him, in fact, he was no longer himself and he started battling how to explain.

Now NPN went for their national convention in Kano and Umaru Dikko, he is alive, he said the presidential candidate of the NPN is not for sale. MKO Abiola wanted the presidential ticket he didn’t get it and he then came and aligned with the military people who now came in.

And IBB came and set up two political parties, Shehu Yar‘adua, Adamu Ciroma and other major contenders in SDP and NRC, overnight the military disqualified all of them,aided and abetted by MKO Abiola.

Because if Yar‘adua were (involved) there was no way MKO would have won. He was not even in contention until the disqualification of these major contenders.

That is why I said that June 12 was a repayment for evil that was done against other people.

But how do you see the June 12 election in terms of electoral conduct and fairness?

The June 12 election because it was an open ballot and had only two parties which cut across tribal lines was one of the fairest elections ever held in this country. June 12 showed what a good government can do in an election. If IBB and Aikhomu wanted to tamper with the election, they could have tampered with the election, but they didn’t.
It was a free and fair election but what I am telling you is that the annulment that came later was the hand of Esau and the voice of Jacob.

What do you mean?

What happened was a repayment for evil.

But was that justified on the nation?

Yes! What I am saying is that it was God’s own work, it was God’s own work.

For Abiola’s alleged sin of

All the sins!

But did that justify the derailment of the collective hope of Nigerians?

What is the collective hope of Nigerians?

Democracy

Was the Buhari coup against Shagari justified? Was that the collective will of Nigerians?

That is debatable because many Nigerians welcomed the coup just as majority of Nigerians were against the annulment of June 12.

It is because you are a pressman. Do you know how many people in my village that were not interested and were happy with the annulment, even though some of us were not happy.

You, were you happy with the annulment?

The annulment served Abiola right, quote me! You cannot be destroying other people and expect to have victory. There is a parable that all those who destroy other people will end up having destruction at the hour of their victory.

MKO should not have expected anything less. Tell me, was it justified for Shehu Musa Yar‘adua and Falae in the SDP to be disqualified? What did they do? Was it justified for Adamu Ciroma and co in the NRC to be disqualified? What did they do?

They were all disqualified in both parties so that MKO Abiola who was a friend of the military could emerge as the strongest candidate.

It was no secret that he paraded himself as a friend of the military. That man could not have expected to become president of Nigeria when he had ruined many people.

The truth is that God does not come down to do some of these things Himself. He uses human beings as instruments and that is why when a man is looking for elective or appointive position, maybe as LGA chairman, governor, minister or president, he is looking for an aspect of the divinity of God. It is out of that divinity that the man in charge of affairs takes, compassion, service to the people, ability to manage everybody, forgiveness.

Unfortunately, the moment you get that position and you do not utilise it, not generally, just some part of it…if you watch when Christ cured the ten lepers only one came back to say thank you, but he said where are the other nine? And if you read Hipppolytus he said that as soon as Christ asked where are the nine that the leprosy returned to the nine and they died of leprosy.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/annulment-was-payment-for-abiolas-evil-deeds-sen-owie/

40 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 1:38am On Jun 12, 2013
Truth in an undiluted form.

70 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by teniyi(m): 2:06am On Jun 12, 2013
Please, who born this Senator?
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by okosodo: 2:18am On Jun 12, 2013
teniyi: Please, who born this Senator?
Truth hurts

4 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Sec5(m): 6:48am On Jun 12, 2013
Those celebrating this man "hear ye the world of truth".Though they are just pretending to love mko as usual with that tribe as epitomized by the MAULAG saga

17 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 12, 2013
An elder has spoken,who am I to question the words of wisdom? The truth keeps coming out because some major players of yesterday aren't dead yet. This Baba is and was not in support of the annulment but,from an elder's perspective,he insists the annulment was the reward sins paid.

22 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Afrocatalyst: 7:25am On Jun 12, 2013
Wat do u mean?

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 12, 2013
Afrocatalyst: Wat do u mean?
are you asking me or Senator Owie?

5 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Maxymilliano(m): 8:21am On Jun 12, 2013
JFK puts it nicely, those who foolishly try seeking power by riding the back of the tiger, instead end up in the belly of the tiger... Excerpt from JFK inaugural speech Jan 20, 1961.

17 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 12, 2013
Bitter truth.

For me its the event and not the man for he had his flaws. This journey we started in 1999 could have began in 1993.

12 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Infoman51: 10:14am On Jun 12, 2013
Senator mumu

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 12, 2013
Why all these noise about june 12. Why rememba that criminal (M*K*O) who after milking the country dry with his partner in crime (I*B*B) paid 4 their sins with his life. The monkey who after enjoying their exploitation of the country run to the masses when their relationship got sour. @OP, abeg remove that thing from frontpage undecided

6 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by visalo: 10:16am On Jun 12, 2013
Truth is always bitter. Thank you Senator

4 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2013
Some comments are okay wen it's coming from some set of people!
As in, even wen it's not ok, u jes had to let it go cos some set of people are aggressively foolish!

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Afam4eva(m): 10:19am On Jun 12, 2013
Whether it was a payment of his evil deeds does not distort the fact that he won the election and ought to be crowned. If the Nigerian populace decide to vote in satan as their president, who are we argue otherwise. We're in a democracy.

45 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by dulphines: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2013
C'est correct!
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by dridowu: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2013
Love him / Hate him , i am so proud of him.
RIP MOSHOOD KASHIMAWO OLAWALE ABIOLA

9 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by theripper3: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2013
He had his hands dirty and wanted to b treated like a saint. Well, Karma is a bitch.

Senator Owie- thanks for speaking the truth amidst the staggering opposition/ progressives.

23 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 12, 2013
WHO IS MKO?

WHAT LEGACY HAS HE LEFT BEHIND FOR US?

WHAT ARE HIS ACHIEVEMENT THAT IS AFFECTING THE ORDINARY NIGERIANS?

IS MKO MORE BETTER THAN AWOLOWO?

WAS HE THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS KILL FOR DEMOCRACY?

WHAT ASSURANCE DO WE HAVE THAT NIGERIA WILL BE MORE BETTER THAN THIS IF HE BECOMES THE PRESIDENT?

5 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by ogogoromaster: 10:22am On Jun 12, 2013
In the voice of FELA #I.T.T#I.T.T#I.T.T#I.T.T.International Thief Thief.International Rogue

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by bootlegaz: 10:24am On Jun 12, 2013
dridowu: Love him / Hate him , i am so proud of him.
RIP MOSHOOD KASHIMAWO OLAWALE ABIOLA
Monkey no fine but him mama like am, no be so?
Such interview should be granted to our honorable Fela Anikulapo Kuti. He knew him more than majority of the crumb catchers here. I hate speaking of the dead.

4 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 12, 2013
ActiveMan: WHO IS MKO?

WHAT LEGACY HAS HE LEFT BEHIND FOR US?

WHAT ARE HIS ACHIEVEMENT THAT IS AFFECTING THE ORDINARY NIGERIANS?

IS MKO MORE BETTER THAN AWOLOWO?

WAS HE THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS KILL FOR DEMOCRACY?

WHAT ASSURANCE DO WE HAVE THAT NIGERIA WILL BE MORE BETTER THAN THIS IF HE BECOMES THE PRESIDENT?
bros, u hav a point but pls check ur grammar next time undecided

9 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by osifred(m): 10:27am On Jun 12, 2013
By all means without intent of perjury Abiola should not be celebrated as a national icon or hero. Lets call a spade a spade abiola was a sponsor to coup plotters.

I wonder by what standard we declare or celebrate people as icon or hero in this country. Others that should not be celebrated as icon include but not limited to the following. Ojukwu, general murtala Mohammed etc

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by theripper3: 10:27am On Jun 12, 2013
Even the most revered Yorubas chief Awolowo and FELA the great knew Abiola for who he was. An unrepentant rogue and a narcissist.

12 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by fitzmayowa: 10:30am On Jun 12, 2013
Hmmm, not again make them allow abiola rest for him grave now.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by bootlegaz: 10:30am On Jun 12, 2013
If Odua didn't reject abiola how come there was major opposition when GEJ changed unilag name to his?

12 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Afrocatalyst: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2013
The truth is a lot of us Nigerians were inexperienced in d workings of a democratic govt as at that time. We only wanted a ray of hope that we were starting somtin beta dan militarian style of govt. Abiola was nt a clean man,dat we know,even then bt we had a choice to make as a nation,which had nt happened prior to dat time. And we made it. That's d point here,WE MADE A CHOICE. Show me an innocent man and I'll show you Jesus. No man is innocent and as such,karma catches up wit us all depending on how long enuff we live to experience it. Pls senator,let the dead have peace. We mark dis day nt because of the man nor his character as a man which was highly questionable,bt we mark dis day becos it was d first time we,as a nation, made a choice that we could say was fair to our votes. It was d day our votes counted, it was d day WE MADE A CHOICE.

33 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by nig2change: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2013
June 12 is propaganda. We need dividends of democracy not a mere date.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by osifred(m): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Whether it was a payment of his evil deeds does not distort the fact that he won the election and ought to be crowned. If the Nigerian populace decide to vote in satan as their president, who are we argue otherwise. We're in a democracy.

Abacha used his power and was adopted as the presidential standard flag bearer of all the political parties then, does that make him the choice of the masses? same thing is applicable to Abiola

11 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 12, 2013
That is the truth. That International Thief Thief was behind the sinking of the ship that contains 25,000 bibles.

32 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by dulphines: 10:33am On Jun 12, 2013
Infoman51: Senator mumu

The man did not abuse anyone. Why are you calling an elder mumu? Do you hope to attain old age?

14 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 12, 2013
Idi Amin: bros, u hav a point but pls check ur grammar next time undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Crowd Welcomes VP Osinbajo To Kano State (Photos) / PDP Presidential Campaign Paralyzed As Atiku Refuses To Release Funds / Rahama Indimi Babangida Looks Lovely In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.