Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri (26804 Views)

Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths / Father Turns His Boko Haram Son In (photos) / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by 3ace(m): 7:58am On Jun 15, 2013
Bonapart: u are a very big fool
You might not be able to say this to him physically.
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by ibkgab001: 8:01am On Jun 15, 2013
Just like farouk Father thanks old man!!!

2 Likes

Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by fineworker(m): 8:01am On Jun 15, 2013
Dagoma:

This country would have been better if your mother aboted you.
Truth is always bitter, accept the truth as @confusion247 said it. Have you forgotten that sultan was calling for amnesty for people or group that killed over 3,000 innocent people, was buhari and others mentioned by confusion247 not in support of amnesty for murderers? I am sure your birth was the worst thing to happen in your family.
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by addicted268(f): 8:03am On Jun 15, 2013
Phew!that was a really tough call to make!!
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 15, 2013
doctokwus:
Not correct.There were clan/ethnic feuds before d arrival of d whiteman who dissipated these feuds wt his teachings.D north has bn a relatively quite peaceful place wt tolerance of other religions,tribes& nationalities.I stand to b contradicted but its d corrupt political class dat in their desperation for power,have tried to use these primordial differences in religion,tongue,tribe to further their selfish interest,but it has unfortunately been backfiring in many regions in nigeria,its just dat d global muslim fundamentalism has made d north's situation worse.So pls,d whiteman,for all our nationalistic protectionism,brought relative freedom,peace dan we ourselves did wen our forefathers were still using leaves to cover our unclothedness
then I will have to contradict you! If your volubly acclaimed religion (Christianity or Islam) is deep rooted why would politicians have influence over it. We had better societies before the intrusion of the whites truncated our civilisation. (Yea then we wore leaves and straps but now is nudity not the order of the day, and who instituted this order?) Sure we had wars and conflicts in our precolonial society but has the coming of religion stopped that?.. The answer stares us in the face! Religion aggravated it. People no longer die in ones and twos but in thousands and millions. Religion has torn us apart. I am not an atheists I am not a pagan I am simply irreligious. I love God and mankind but am averse to religion. The man did the right thing but why would JTF kill the boy, surely they could have shot his leg or any other part without killing him. I am out!

1 Like

Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by guyluv(m): 8:17am On Jun 15, 2013
tbaba1234: Unfortunately, this thread has been converted to a comedy of some kind with the kinds of comments, I am reading.

It irritates me when people quote isolated 'verses' of the quran with no regard or respect for the discussion been made in the preceding verses or even an understanding of the context.

It is this uneducated approach that breeds terrorists.

And yes, the man's primary motivation is his religion whether you like it or not. It does not mean people do not have other motivations for good. There is no need to compare.

His quran commands him to stand for justice even if it is against himself or his family:

O you who believe! stand out firmly for justice as witnesses to Allah, even as against your own selves, or your parents or near relatives, whether rich or poor, for Allah can best protect both. Therefore do not follow your low desires, lest you deviate. If you distort or fail to do justice, Allah is well acquainted with what you do. (Surah 4:135)

It is easy to see why father could turn his son in, if he has the fear of distorting justice and has the fear of God.

That said, this should not be turned into some kind of religious topic. We can all learn to uphold justice in our lives regardless of religious inclinations.

I am sure that there are many people from different religious backgrounds who would do the same after hearing the kinds of crimes their child has committed.

Thank you

Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by tunex23: 8:25am On Jun 15, 2013
boron10: A Yoruba man would secretly scold his son and then embrace him in the open. Nobody would even suspect him as a BH member.

It takes a courageous and outright disciplinarian to pull this stunt. Thumb up to him. He deserves a National award.
you are not just a fool bt a tribalistic slowpoke. Why usin yoruba as an example? You such a an idiot!
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by tunex23: 8:26am On Jun 15, 2013
boron10: A Yoruba man would secretly scold his son and then embrace him in the open. Nobody would even suspect him as a BH member.

It takes a courageous and outright disciplinarian to pull this stunt. Thumb up to him. He deserves a National award.
you are not just a fool bt a tribalistic slowpoke. Why usin yoruba as an example? Does this has to do with tribe? Isn't individual tolerance and principle. You such an idiot!
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by confusion247(m): 8:29am On Jun 15, 2013
obasy09: A single soul trying to escape from military men after confession to his father? That is a wasted opportunity by jtf to obtain reliable information on activities of bokoharam and probably their sponsors. The guy might have realised that his loyalty to the group was not worth it any longer (hence, the confession to his father for protection). His father was the only one he could trust at that moment. Who knows wether the killing was a victory for bokoharam for 'silencing' a 'traitor' who might reveal important information. He could have been shot in the leg. We were told he was fleeing and not fighting the jtf for God sake. Those that shot him should be properly investigated.
My guy just relax. We don't need any information from him again. Boko haram sponsors are known. Have you ever wondered what will make boko haram to become violent overnight after some people promised to make the country ungovernable for Jonathan? Have you ever called police to come and pay compensation to criminals operating in your area? Have you ever wondered why people like sultan and co, will be telling federal government to grant amnesty to murderers? When you answer all these questions, you will know those sponsoring boko haram.
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by bbkkatunxo: 8:29am On Jun 15, 2013
chukwuma101: then I will have to contradict you! If your volubly acclaimed religion (Christianity or Islam) is deep rooted why would politicians have influence over it. We had better societies before the intrusion of the whites truncated our civilisation. (Yea then we wore leaves and straps but now is nudity not the order of the day, and who instituted this order?) Sure we had wars and conflicts in our precolonial society but has the coming of religion stopped that?.. The answer stares us in the face! Religion aggravated it. People no longer die in ones and twos but in thousands and millions. Religion has torn us apart. I am not an atheists I am not a pagan I am simply irreligious. I love God and mankind but am averse to religion. The man did the right thing but why would JTF kill the boy, surely they could have shot his leg or any other part without killing him. I am out!

Den if you don't blive in white man religion, den why using white man inventions eg like internet, laptop, iPhone, and so on you're using now to read and write on nairaland now........ You could av use your unclothedness n leaf of your ancestors to type n pass d message To us on nairaland na.... Lolz
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by abduldope(m): 8:31am On Jun 15, 2013
mike404: Good. BUHARI should follow this man's footstep and surrender himself to the joint task force as a true muslim. Enough is enough angry
bros o wait o dos d name BUHARi has the same HOMOPHONes wit BOKO-HARAM Mtchwww abi na Long-sightedness shocked cause am grin cheesy
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 15, 2013
papaejima1:
I think I have to agree with you to an extend bro.
Am igbo and my grand mum told me that in times past if you wanted to know the truth about an issue just ask a Hausa man.
She told us d hausa seemed not to know how to lie or maybe didn't have d capacity for it.

That was then oo. But now?
Haaa! Even the devil shivers at some of the stuff that pours out of open mouths of some hausa/fulani dudes grin grin

@topic. The man is simply one in a million or more. Not an easy decision to make I tell you.
I totally agree with you. Hausas are very honest, even in business. Most of my friends are hausas cos they are open-minded. And this man is certainly one of the few honest ones.
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by Localamos(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2013
mike404: Good. BUHARI should follow this man's footstep and surrender himself to the joint task force as a true muslim. Enough is enough angry

Maybe you should turn yourself in too. If you were in Aluu when those young boys were unjustly killed, I'm sure you would have cast a stone.

Afterall, you've just murdered a man's reputation simply because he's from boko haram infested north. SMH for u
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by confusion247(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2013
Dagoma:

This country would have been better if your mother aboted you.
So you have started drinking excess kunu against my advice? Now see how you are displaying the characteristics of an animal on nairaland. Stay away from kunu. Only criminals can support a criminal. Only terrorist can ask for amnesty for fellow terrorist. I know you won't understand because of your kunu demented brain.
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 15, 2013
Maple:

What a stupid statement!!

I am from Borno State and it is neither a Hausa nor fulani state. Besides, the man ethnicity is not disclosed, so how did you arrived at the conclusion that the man is a hausa man? Stop deceiving people.

Muna sane da irinku fa. Ina ne asalin ka, Mr. PAGAN? ...You know, being from the North or being able to speak hausa does not make you a bahaushe. Stop claiming what you are not.

Ur point being?
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by gbigbega: 8:51am On Jun 15, 2013
doctokwus:
Not correct.There were clan/ethnic feuds before d arrival of d whiteman who dissipated these feuds wt his teachings.D north has bn a relatively quite peaceful place wt tolerance of other religions,tribes& nationalities.I stand to b contradicted but its d corrupt political class dat in their desperation for power,have tried to use these primordial differences in religion,tongue,tribe to further their selfish interest,but it has unfortunately been backfiring in many regions in nigeria,its just dat d global muslim fundamentalism has made d north's situation worse.So pls,d whiteman,for all our nationalistic protectionism,brought relative freedom,peace dan we ourselves did wen our forefathers were still using leaves to cover our unclothedness

You don hit my car ..... ........
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by Longeria(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2013
I wish all Muslim is like this man
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by confusion247(m): 8:59am On Jun 15, 2013
Localamos:

Maybe you should turn yourself in too. If you were in Aluu when those young boys were unjustly killed, I'm sure you would have cast a stone.

Afterall, you've just murdered a man's reputation simply because he's from boko haram infested north. SMH for u
That man damaged his reputation when he became desperate to rule Nigeria. At a stage all he knew and think of was spilling of blood of innocent Nigerians, I am sure you still remember the saying of baboons and dogs will be soaked on blood. Tell him to stop drinking kunu.
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by onuwaje(m): 9:01am On Jun 15, 2013
Hmmmm... I'm impressed... All daddies should do the same
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by MzXtacy(f): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2013
Prof Corruption: The story sounds so stupid and idiotic, like a tale of concocted rubbish seasoned with nonsense and served to fools.
e dey pain u?? Go Bleep urself dude!
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by chima21: 9:09am On Jun 15, 2013
this is the beginning in that cor north
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by victorazy(m): 9:09am On Jun 15, 2013
When u see a true muslim it pushes u to become a muslim, my oga in office is an example.
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 15, 2013
bbkkatunxo:

Den if you don't blive in white man religion, den why using white man inventions eg like internet, laptop, iPhone, and so on you're using now to read and write on nairaland now........ You could av use your unclothedness n leaf of your ancestors to type n pass d message To us on nairaland na.... Lolz
I would be foolish to admit that we gained nothing from the whites. But the core point I tried to convey, one you seem to have regrettably misunderstood is that we must accept from them those gifts which have made things better for us and repel their trojan gifts such as religion. Read Conrad's Heart of Darkness. Read Golding's Lord of the Flies u will understand my position in this issue, thank you sir!
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by sharpshap(m): 9:22am On Jun 15, 2013
cold: Well i'm not sure about shooting the kid after the dad had handed him over.If the story is true
read the story again before you say anything. It is stated that he wanted to escape and he was shot. Oya you can now coment.
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by Abel202: 9:29am On Jun 15, 2013
[b]My People, I think this man is a true Nigerian to the core.
What he did is quite commendable. He is a rare gem and should be praised by all humanity.
But what he did has presedence as against what some people are saying here that no muslim has done that before.
Remember that the Christmas day underpant bomber was reported to the American authorities earlier by his father when he noticed some strange behaviours of his son. His father reported him to the appropriate authorities, but the authorities failed to do the appropriate thing and it nearly cost them a lot of American lives.
The reason why am so proud of this man is that if you are actualy a dad and have a son, you would realise that it is the ultimate sacrifice to deliver your own son, your own blood, your lineage, to the hangman, no matter the crime your son might have committed. Honestly speaking I am not sure that I can do it if I were in that man's shoes. So I pray NEVER to be in that man's shoes.
Slowly and steadily this Boko Haram nonsense is being brought under control. GEJ has finally shown that he can be a no-nonsense man, and the whole nation is queing behind him to get the security situation under control. This should show GEJ that what the nation demands is COURAGEOUS & EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP in all spheres including in the fight against Corruption and in Poverty alleviation etc.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by toolovely(m): 9:33am On Jun 15, 2013
cold: Well i'm not sure about shooting the kid after the dad had handed him over.If the story is true

He was shot when he tried to escape
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by Prodigy246(m): 9:35am On Jun 15, 2013
"But the no-nonsense father said he had no interest in his ill-gotten asset and had no intention of inheriting his assets, saying, according to Islamic injunctions, they are haram."

We should have more citizen like this old man. He is a[b] TRUE muslim[/b].

A good gesture...
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by Sanboy25: 9:37am On Jun 15, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
This type of Father,u can only see few in nigeria.Am sorry that the guy dies like that. The man ist a definition of good Muslim. nt those talking rubbish yesterday here in one tread like that,I didn't even comment then.
I don't know if I personally would like to have one like that though... undecided
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by amiskurie(m): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2013
please who are those in charge of national honour in nigeria?let this man be honored!
-I wonder if na wanted boko members they 1 honour.
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by dad007(m): 9:47am On Jun 15, 2013
Onliie:

A good man is a good man.
Yes,I quit agree with you.For it is how good a man can be,that determine how he practice his religion.(be it christian,muslem or pagan)
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by meforyou1(m): 9:50am On Jun 15, 2013
idupaul: And the JTF came and shot the lad dead even when the father had surrendered him . Too much blood being spilled in this country
shut the hell up. The terrorist was trying to escape arrest. Why should they even let him live for any reason?
Re: Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri by meforyou1(m): 9:52am On Jun 15, 2013
A terrorist is nobody's son, brother, cousi whatever. A terrorist is a terrorist and should be treated as one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TUC Reacts To New Fuel Price / Buhari Meets CBN Governor, Afdb And Ministry Of Finance Today / Stop Campaign, Apologise To Nigerians For Deceiving Them - Atiku Tells Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.