Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,883 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. (23684 Views)

Prophet T.O Obadare Buried In Osun / Obadare Died After Three-day Revival Programme – Church / Prophet T O Obadare Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by wazobiaforu(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2013
Like one old man told me , " people will open mouth when founder of many churches die "
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by mariong(m): 11:09am On Jun 15, 2013
Vanity! With all due respect to the dead, it won't stop his body from decaying neither will it make him feel comfortable six feet under. He's dead he's dead. This is definitely not the only way he can be honoured, with many that are living struggling to get even one square meal nothing would have been more of honour to him than to reach out for the needy in commemoration of his death, afterall he's not going to convert the gold into money used by the dead. Well, if they feel that's what is best for him then fine, perhaps they have their reason which some of us don't seem to understand.
R.I.P to him.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by theripper3: 11:10am On Jun 15, 2013
Too many people have opinions about how pple should live their lives even hw they should be buried. We worry hypocritically about the poor yet they abound bountifully amongst us. How many of these pharisees have helped their immediate families let alone the poor in their respective communities is another question all together.

Reminds me of the woman who broke her Alabaster box for Jesus. Nigerians and their usual deceit that they love the poor.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by sylve11: 11:17am On Jun 15, 2013
Why not shooot him up to uranus before eventually burying him up with the gold casket. Even goldie wasnt buried in a gold carcass. anyway na their cup of tea. cool
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Maximus85(m): 11:28am On Jun 15, 2013
Honouring a dead man? Are these people christians? Dem tell una say the man still now anything? Wetin Ecclesiates 9:5,10 talk? The dead are conscious of nothing at all. Why waste money? If you like bury am with coffin wey get air condition na una sabi even make una buy Range Rover sport come put the golden coffin inside come bury am together. The man no go know.

1 Like

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by IncomeTutor: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2013
Build a small cottage business, employ
the unemployed, and late Obadare will
be remembered forever.

1 Like

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Monzuur(m): 11:32am On Jun 15, 2013
INNO18: I'm surprised and kindda amazed that a 'Man of God' would be buried in a Gold Casket. What did his Bible tell him about life after death? His family members should pray that his soul is welcomed into heaven and not waste money on vanity... No matter your standing on earth... You're a NOBODY once dead! BTW i'm FTC
u split sense my guy No matter who u are on earth it doesnt mean.....u may b famous,rich,and even ppl may lyk u on earth. I swear To Allah u may perish in hell......God won't look gold casket b4 he judge.......it may even b a sin coz i c it as waste of resources while ppl are suffering.God bless Nigeria...
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by engrj(m): 11:32am On Jun 15, 2013
ok y not something like this

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 15, 2013
[right][/right]they'll do same thing those tomb raiders did to sam Mbakwe's wife.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Yemotiroro: 11:39am On Jun 15, 2013
I marvel at the level of ignorance displayed by a lot of us sometimes. I am sure most of you talking down on Prophet Obadare have no clue who he was or how great his contributions were. If you knew you would think the 30,000USD was not worth anything near what he deserved. Or have we become more righteous than the Lord himself who rebuked Judas for thinking like a lot of you when he (Judas) lamented the 'wastefulness' of the woman who broke the alabaster box of very expensive perfume which she poured on his feet and wiped with her hair? Let's stop this poverty advocacy. Learn what money and value mean.

1 Like

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by leonshom(m): 11:40am On Jun 15, 2013
U must be high on sumtin, I guess marijuana
INNO18: I'm surprised and kindda amazed that a 'Man of God' would be buried in a Gold Casket. What did his Bible tell him about life after death? His family members should pray that his soul is welcomed into heaven and not waste money on vanity... No matter your standing on earth... You're a NOBODY once dead! BTW i'm FTC
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by engrj(m): 11:41am On Jun 15, 2013
ok is like he is the first?

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Bsmartt(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2013
i am confused.what has this world turn into?i am very sure that burrying the dead with a GOLD coffin is not in the holy books.GOD PLEASE FORGIVE US ALL.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by andyprez(m): 11:58am On Jun 15, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Mo'r'on

Will that gold casket stop him from going to heaven or hell ? There are several members of his congregation in need,how about helping them with that money or send it to the orphanges ? I'm sure christ wasn't buried in a gold casket !

Hey, I didn't call you names so I expect the same from you. To answer your questions. 1. Whether he is buried with a diamond casket or wrapped with a rag doesn't tell where a man goes after death. His life will be judged by God (not you & I) on what he did with his time on earth & not what is done on his behalf while dead. 2. I do not go to his church so I can't answer that but if the people are wrongly treated by him, they have the right to change church.
Now my questions. 1. Is the money used for his burial yours? 2. Bill Gate & other well known philanthropists have been giving billions 2 Africa, has the poor state of the continent been better with respect to the income?. 3. In your own capacity, what little contribution have you done to the poor around you?
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by youngmao: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2013
A whole pastor( man of god )would be buried by millions of dollars of carving with he dead body and you sure that orphanage will get this money and they will not change to a better life. habaa 9ja.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Aminumohd: 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2013
Gold! casket shocked. Am sure some guys are getting their shovels and diggers ready to dig their way to success
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Ayatullah(m): 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2013
When will Christians ever copy the life style of their Lord and Saviour - Jesus Christ? I thank Allah for my guidance to Islam........Alhamdullilah.

2 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by eazzzy1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 15, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by youngmao: 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
why dem no use copter coffin take carry am coz i know se hold up go de lay him with that kind gold coffin wey dey take buried am. nonsense. that why i like muslim people dem go take small 2/2 wood jion am together it don finished. but we christian we like decorating thingz wey god self no sahbi.

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Lakayanah: 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2013
adejabs: RIP!!!..
Why He simply cannot gold is a good energy conductor it will direct the heat towards him with proper directions to hell.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by andyprez(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
yoged: e b like say ur papa is a pastor, and one of dose scaming innocent church goers. No one is judging. Everyone is entitle to his/her own opinion. Stop calling ppl hypocrites omo baba pasito.
yoged: e b like say ur papa is a pastor, and one of dose scaming innocent church goers. No one is judging. Everyone is entitle to his/her own opinion. Stop calling ppl hypocrites omo baba pasito.

Lolz. I no be omo pastor o neither do I scam people of their money. I know people are entitled to their own opinions but it pains me when I hear them speak. Most of these people have never given a beggar on the street money or have visited an orphanage home but will come to an open forum & speak as they please without respecting the other people rights as citizens to do as they please with their money (as long as they've not been convicted of any crime).
My point is that people should not point fingers at people when they are not perfect themselves. I do not fancy that idea of burying myself with such gold but what opinion do I have if my loved ones wishes to honour me that way when I'm dead?
Let's always think before we speak or criticize (even our government).
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by siaindeed: 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2013
Have u all inquired whether the dead prophet during his life time and his immediate family as well as his ministries really helped the needy?
If they did, should his surviving family use the budgeted money for burial to help the poor?
Did u ever ask urselves if the dead had a separate bank account to cater for the needy before and his death?
Anyway, I believe fervently that anybody who dares the man's tomb to take away the gold casket now in future will undoubtedly encounter the power of God in physical action because He will never allow the remains of His true blind servant to b toiled wt.
However, a certain woman in a Bible who bought perfume and rubbed it on Jesus's legs using her hair in which one of Christ's disciples went against her, why didn't jesus tell her that she should av used the said money to assist the poor? Because somebody has used huge money on a particular thing doesn't mean they don't help the poor.
If u r a manufacturer of such gold-plated coffin, will u ever pray not to have customers that would come for it? Would u ask the production dept to sop producing such on request wen u knw the revenue that is going to generate is substantial?
Even in heaven, the floor and other tins therein are said to be gold.
Can anyone tell me the real purpose gold, silver & other tins God put in the ground must serve on the earth? Simply for human usage.
Lastly, if it isn't a sin b4 God abt the gold coffin, u can continue expressing ur feeling freely on this issue instead of the sinners among u to quickly go and reconcile with Gold through only way - Jesus Christ.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by ochukoccna: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2013
While I understand the need to give Baba Obadare a befitting burial,I doubt he would have licensed such aan open disregard of the simplicity of his life while on earth
Wish his fam the best though wink
After all,na their money
Na their papa
Na their business cool
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Jaytee1985: 12:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
Instead of wasting such a huge amount of money on casket,why not take that money to motherless home as part of ur contribution towards the welfare of the hopeless people and ur father will be rewarded.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Maximus85(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
Yemotiroro: I marvel at the level of ignorance displayed by a lot of us sometimes. I am sure most of you talking down on Prophet Obadare have no clue who he was or how great his contributions were. If you knew you would think the 30,000USD was not worth anything near what he deserved. Or have we become more righteous than the Lord himself who rebuked Judas for thinking like a lot of you when he (Judas) lamented the 'wastefulness' of the woman who broke the alabaster box of very expensive perfume which she poured on his feet and wiped with her hair? Let's stop this poverty advocacy. Learn what money and value mean.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Pdizzle(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
vanity
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by seunlayi(m): 12:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
Josephinenick: Oga using a casket dat whot # 4,710,000 to bury a dead body dat will decompose to sand is meaningless because dere are many living souls dat u can change their lives wit dis huge amount of money .Oga using a casket dat whot # 4,710,000 to bury a dead body dat will decompose to sand is meaningless because dere are many living souls dat u can change their lives wit dis huge amount of money .Oga using a casket dat whot # 4,710,000 to bury a dead body dat will decompose to sand is meaningless because dere are many living souls dat u can change their lives wit dis huge amount of money .
just imagine the wastage. I knew the man will not be happy with this if he has the opportunity to know what is going on
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by bankyblue(m): 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
If his soul depart from the golden casket, make he carry the
Thing enter heaven/hell now.
Am a member of CAC. And I know how many poor people re in that
Church, why won't his son give that money to the poor once
To start business and pay back later.
Even our Lord Jesus was buried with just white cloth.
Now why the waste.

To worsen it the more HE SAID LIKE THE ONE THEY USE IN burying MJ.
He didn't even compare him with any of the world lending men of God.

#Hiss
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by moscobabs(m): 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2013
how those that take him to heaven??
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by bankyblue(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
Akin-David:

Let me remind you he has been there before and came back to make right the wrongs that will prevent him from entering heaven. You and i are the one to pray to make heaven... grin grin

U watch too much of nollywood that is why u re reasoning like this.
Who told u that is heaven bond? And that is me and u that is left
To make it?
A single minute from ur death can make u miss heaven my friend.
And for that story that he as been there and going back there, we shall
All see it when we or die ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lucifer Is Behind Big Brother Naija Voice - Mummy GO / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m / Pastor Paul Enenche: Compulsory Vaccination Is From The Pit Of Hell (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.